AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-06, 06:08   Link #8001
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
while this probably isnt an indicator for anything importent since this is our doing
but the kallen thread has more posts then any other character thread
my post makes 8000 replays
which is more the 1000 more then the closest
Love her or hate her(waves giant Kalulu flag valiantly) next to lelouch she's the character thats got the most devolpment this season, no wonder there's so many replies, we've always had something to talk or complain(vocally) about(EP's 10-18 anyone?).
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 06:11   Link #8002
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Love her or hate her(waves giant Kalulu flag valiantly) next to lelouch she's the character thats got the most devolpment this season, no wonder there's so many replies, we've always had something to talk or complain(vocally) about(EP's 10-18 anyone?).
The fact she's been developed the most this season is what makes it so worrisome. She's been my favorite character. I'd hate to see so much time and development get shafted. It would be like literally taking all her season and tossing it in the toilet.
Old 2008-09-06, 06:19   Link #8003
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
The fact she's been developed the most this season is what makes it so worrisome. She's been my favorite character. I'd hate to see so much time and development get shafted. It would be like literally taking all her season and tossing it in the toilet.
Kallen better not be doomed LI2, if she dies like Shirely i will be most disappointed/angry at taniguchi for stringing us along all season, espicallly if she doesn't get a kiss. I'll still watch CG to the end but it'll slip from one of my top 3 animes of all time, simply because without the awesomeness that is Kallen it'll have lost a large chunk of its appeal for me.
Old 2008-09-06, 06:25   Link #8004
scarlet512
カレン愛してるよ

Quote:
Kallen better not be doomed LI2, if she dies like Shirely i will be most disappointed/angry at taniguchi for stringing us along all season, espicallly if she doesn't get a kiss. I'll still watch CG to the end but it'll slip from one of my top 3 animes of all time, simply because without the awesomeness that is Kallen it'll have lost a large chunk of its appeal for me.
I whole heartedly agree with this comment! Kallen has a place in this show like any other. She is not just a pawn of Lelouch's agenda. She is something much more and we'd probably find out soon enough.
scarlet512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 06:31   Link #8005
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet512 View Post
I whole heartedly agree with this comment! Kallen has a place in this show like any other. She is not just a pawn of Lelouch's agenda. She is something much more and we'd probably find out soon enough.
Well, it you are going to use the Chess theme, and the show uses that theme a lot. If Schneizel is the White King, and Lelouch is the Black King. That makes Kallen his Black Queen. She's proven that role on the battlefield. She's his most powerful fighter and protector. Like on the Cheas Board. Just no idea if she's like the Queen to his heart.
Schneizel was holding the the White King piece.
Old 2008-09-06, 06:39   Link #8006
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Well, it you are going to use the Chess theme, and the show uses that theme a lot. If Schneizel is the White King, and Lelouch is the Black King. That makes Kallen his Black Queen. She's proven that role on the battlefield. She's his most powerful fighter and protector. Like on the Cheas Board. Just no idea if she's like the Queen to his heart.
Schneizel was holding the the White King piece.
But Lelouch is no longer the black king anymore since he's got his fancy new white threads. Hopefully sooner or later Schenziel will drop his disguise and show himself to be the truly evil manipulative bastard i've always thought he was.

I've always thought Kallen would look better in white anyway, say something like a wedding dress.
Old 2008-09-06, 08:26   Link #8007
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Some people think that Lulu might push her away for her own good in episode 22, but I think he will do the opposite now ...

In Episode 21, Remember the flashback he had of C.C saying something like" You push away the things you treasure?" well I don't think he believes the philosophy anymore or believes it. In episode 21 Lulu realized that his parents did that to him all his life, and it was the same as abandoning them so I highly doubt he will do something like that in episode 22.
Ya know, thats actually a pretty good point. If lelouch was smart (mind, we are talkign about Taniguchi here -_-) he will drop the idea of keeping Kallen away for her "safety" ^^

1116 minutes left! Or 18 hours 32 minutes in simpler terms ^^
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 09:30   Link #8008
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't necessarily call getting to know the real Lelouch any sort of development rather its Taniguichi's laziness to give her something besides that, as for having the most replies blame the outrage on this thread when she only got 5 seconds of screentime in episode 20
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 09:37   Link #8009
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
I wouldn't necessarily call getting to know the real Lelouch any sort of development rather its Taniguichi's laziness to give her something besides that, as for having the most replies blame the outrage on this thread when she only got 5 seconds of screentime in episode 20
Did the script writer have nothing to do with this either? Just blaming everything on Taniguchi is a bit unfair. It would have to be both of them. Anything done may, or may not be signifigant. Thats kinda the problem with a show like this. Hindsight will be 20/20, while everything we do right now is simply speculation, hope, anti-hope, or somwhere in-between. We will not know the significance of her learning about Lelouch's past until all is said and done.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 09:43   Link #8010
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Did the script writer have nothing to do with this either? Just blaming everything on Taniguchi is a bit unfair. It would have to be both of them. Anything done may, or may not be signifigant. Thats kinda the problem with a show like this. Hindsight will be 20/20, while everything we do right now is simply speculation, hope, anti-hope, or somwhere in-between. We will not know the significance of her learning about Lelouch's past until all is said and done.
You mean Ichirō Ōkouchi. Sorry. I'm just saying that it would have been nice to see her development other than with Lelouch so we wouldn't be driving on the outcome of the next episode to see if it was all for naught. Though she probably wouldn't be as popular if she wasn't.
Old 2008-09-06, 09:46   Link #8011
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

She isn't the only one that suffers from that though. Since R2 went the route of "All Lelouch, all the time" everyone's development nearly stalled and was kicked to the curb. Everything revolves around Lelouch now unlike in the first season where there was more to each character. It is quite a predicament. It could be from the Time Slot change though. Ah well, nothing we can do about it. As long as it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the series (which it hasn't yet) then the problem I will overlook. It helps that the stuff we do get is usually quality though.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 09:52   Link #8012
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
She isn't the only one that suffers from that though. Since R2 went the route of "All Lelouch, all the time" everyone's development nearly stalled and was kicked to the curb. Everything revolves around Lelouch now unlike in the first season where there was more to each character. It is quite a predicament. It could be from the Time Slot change though. Ah well, nothing we can do about it. As long as it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the series (which it hasn't yet) then the problem I will overlook. It helps that the stuff we do get is usually quality though.
Glad somebody notices, but your right it shouldn't distract anyone's enjoyment of this series (unless you really really hate Lelouch) its kind of hard to ignore though if you compare and contrast characters an situation from R1 to R2.
Old 2008-09-06, 09:56   Link #8013
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
Glad somebody notices, but your right it shouldn't distract anyone's enjoyment of this series (unless you really really hate Lelouch) its kind of hard to ignore though if you compare and contrast characters an situation from R1 to R2.
Indeed it is hard to ignore. S1 and R2 are so very different when you compare them when it comes to plot and characters (and the mech battles. Those are WAY different.). Luckily what we are getting is still good enough to be not just entertaining, but good. Who knows what we would have gotten if CG was on its old time slot though.
Old 2008-09-06, 10:00   Link #8014
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Indeed it is hard to ignore. S1 and R2 are so very different when you compare them when it comes to plot and characters (and the mech battles. Those are WAY different.). Luckily what we are getting is still good enough to be not just entertaining, but good. Who knows what we would have gotten if CG was on its old time slot though.
I agree even with a lot of the differences they are both enjoyable. My enjoyability of the show has gone down a bit, but I still enjoy it enough to keep watching. It's still one of my favorite shows in a long time. I guess the reason I don't want there to be any romance in this anime is probably because in the first season romance wasn't really a part of the plot and it didn't seem like it needed to be. I like romance and all, but I don't really think any of the main characters in this show would make good couples. Does every show have to have romance, no.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 10:01   Link #8015
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
*Must...resist... urge... to bitch... and... moan... about shafted underdeveloped characters....*

It is not really the timeslot in my opinion. How does getting a Sunday afternoon slot prevent the writers from developing the cast? I believe it has more to do with the fact that there are so many characters cluttering up the scene as well as the fact that there had been too many different focus on separate settings *coughAshfordcough* that made this mess. You have characters on both sides and admittedly some characters like Suzaku fits into the rebellion, geass and Ashford, but the majority of the other characters only fit into one of those settings. The fact they keep switching back and worth between them means there is just no way to delve into the characters at any length. Ashford should have been nuked, that is all I am going to say.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 10:03   Link #8016
eaglei3

Poor Kallen thread... gets lost to offtopic as much as so called character development.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 10:03   Link #8017
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
*Must...resist... urge... to bitch... and... moan... about shafted underdeveloped characters....*

It is not really the timeslot in my opinion. How does getting a Sunday afternoon slot prevent the writers from developing the cast? I believe it has more to do with the fact that there are so many characters cluttering up the scene as well as the fact that there had been too many different focus on separate settings *coughAshfordcough* that made this mess. You have characters on both sides and admittedly some characters like Suzaku fits into the rebellion, geass and Ashford, but the majority of the other characters only fit into one of those settings. The fact they keep switching back and worth between them means there is just no way to delve into the characters at any length. Ashford should have been nuked, that is all I am going to say.
While that may be true, there was an interview going around that Taniguchi had to drop a lot of stuff (mostly from Suzaku and Kallen) for R2. Which went away from what he originally planned. Two Ashford-crack episodes didn't even mess things up that much. Hell, there were just as many in S1. It is MORE than that.
Old 2008-09-06, 10:07   Link #8018
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
Poor Kallen thread... gets lost to offtopic as much as so called character development.
*cough*....Kallen....*cough*
Old 2008-09-06, 10:11   Link #8019
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

I think that you can guarantee Kallen a kiss in this.
Whether it is a brief good bye from one to the others execution (thinks Kallen to Lelouch before UFN executes him) or full blown romance.
From one dyeing on the battlefield to a friendly, "thats the end of that then" before going separate ways.
Whatever the ship, Kallen will get one kiss at least.

Apart from that as a pointer to red herrings; Marriane was strung along as a Mary Sue esque character, yet there was always the hints that she was something more sinister. Likewise the same is true to a lesser degree with Kallen and Lelouch.

I suppose you can call me generally neutral in campaighn of the IJN Kallen V HMS C.C as I sport the flag of Anya, so thats my neutral perspective upon this.
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 10:17   Link #8020
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
While that may be true, there was an interview going around that Taniguchi had to drop a lot of stuff (mostly from Suzaku and Kallen) for R2. Which went away from what he originally planned. Two Ashford-crack episodes didn't even mess things up that much. Hell, there were just as many in S1. It is MORE than that.
Which as I stated it is the constant switch in perspective setting as well as the over abundance of characters that only really fit into one of those settings that killed development. Ashford focus is one of the problems, it highlights the major fault I saw in season one but was not as prevalent then as it is now. For example, you can't really develop Schneizel when you are focusing on Ashford scenes because he just has no place there. Like wise with Milly and Geass, Toudou and Ashford, and so on. So we are left with the main character who fits into all those settings because they are written for him, while the characters get shafted when the focus is shifted to other areas that they do not have a part in. It was not as prevailent in season one because largely I believe they had a more focused approach to the presentation while in R2 I am getting the sense of being jerked around sometimes between the plots.

On the interview, I believe we had discussed the time thing, and my opinion has not really changed. Obviously having to change and drop things during production makes it more difficult but it is their job to work with the constrains to produce their work. Stuff happens during production in almost every entertainment medium, producers could want a change because something does not agree with them, or they want more marketability or in this case the time slot change. Their job as the writers and the director is to work their project in with those constrains and still produce something as close to their original vision as they could. Obviously things do not always go as well, but blaming the timeslot change for underdeveloped characters is just an excuse.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote