Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-28, 22:32   Link #1
Midonin
Last Engage

Sacred Seven

The picture of destiny.

It's from Sunrise, and is described as a "school battle action" that, judging by the title, involves seven of something that is sacred in nature. Beyond that? I have no idea.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 23:23   Link #2
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

school battle you say just hope there a bunch of school girls fighting in short skirts
Old 2010-12-28, 23:27   Link #3
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

A lot of new Sunrise originals recently. They should really show that they can actually make a hit with animation other than mecha or Gundam rehash.
Old 2010-12-28, 23:41   Link #4
ZODDGUTS

Well at least it can't be any worse than how Sora Kake Girl turned out. Awful awful series.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 23:48   Link #5
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
^ I only watched it for Takane.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 00:55   Link #6
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Well at least it can't be any worse than how Sora Kake Girl turned out. Awful awful series.
Do I have to wait for another year until Sunrise makes the true HiME saga or should I throw everything away just give up.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 01:00   Link #7
Echoes

Quote:
Oh, I quite disagree there; if this is something along those lines, I'd be much obliged.
Old 2010-12-29, 03:17   Link #8
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Do I have to wait for another year until Sunrise makes the true HiME saga or should I throw everything away just give up.
As long it's as good as Mai Hime was, don't want another Mai Otome "quality" series. While it had it's moments it was nowhere as good as Mai Hime. To be fair it could have turn out much worse *points to Sora Kake Girl* shivers.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 03:43   Link #9
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
A lot of new Sunrise originals recently. They should really show that they can actually make a hit with animation other than mecha or Gundam rehash.
Ummmmmmmmm..if they have trouble making hits out of the blue let alone outside of mecha and Gundam then I pity the other studios plight cause as far as I can see Sunrise is really REALLY good at diverse appeal and coming out with hit after hit. Also try Sunrise originals often. Being one of few studio operating outside the paycheck to paycheck rut that most studios are in they have consistently been coming out with their own internally created works since their founding in the 1972.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-12-29 at 09:29. Reason: deleted the off-topic portion of this post...
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 05:59   Link #10
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
As long it's as good as Mai Hime was, don't want another Mai Otome "quality" series. While it had it's moments it was nowhere as good as Mai Hime. To be fair it could have turn out much worse *points to Sora Kake Girl* shivers.
Did someone say Sora Kake Girl? Yes, I agree with you. Because those stories makes NO sense at all & never explained about the plot whatsoever. Talked about getting 'nuclear' when I watched that stupid show rather than Mai HiME.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 09:01   Link #11
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Sunrise is indeed huge company with over 150 of staffs, but they cannot leech off the same franchise forever. I don't know if Gundam Unicorn was any good or epic, but it would be much better if they can actually make other things that is much more original instead of pumping money into single franchise.
For this, I disagree. Pumping more money doesn't automatically make one show become great. If you want other type of show, look for other company. Sunrise is doing what they are best at, and I want they to keep going on with that. Do you feel happy when suddenly Shaft decide to make a Sci-fi show?

Why would it bother you that much? Do you feel irritating when people enjoy what you hate? =/
Seriously, this is going nowhere.
Old 2010-12-29, 09:04   Link #12
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Oh yeah, let's not forget that The adaptation of The Idolm@ster called Xenoglossia which was NOT my kind of anime at all in 2007.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 09:30   Link #13
james0246

Please try and stay on topic to the discussion of Sacred Seven...

This is the only info I could find concerning the aformentioned banner...so there really isn't much to discuss yet.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 10:25   Link #14
Highman

Quote:
Mai HiME was on it's own two legs when it ended. I don't understand why they made Otome over the fact they want more sales after GSD sold highest in a couple of years *slap face*. When I saw the blu-ray specials, it really got my hopes Mai HiME would return soon. Fan demanding was pretty strong and positive, it would been a very great series in my opinion. I don't know I'm really interested for another Sunrise original, just want them to finish a good underrated series that's all.
Old 2010-12-29, 10:52   Link #15
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

With the Mai franchise they should have done it like they did the manga. It would have been far more interesting (in both series). For what it's worth this sounds and kind of looks like its leaning on the same ideas: school + girls + fighting + monsters. I just hope the characters are interesting...
Old 2010-12-29, 15:52   Link #16
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Please try and stay on topic to the discussion of Sacred Seven...

This is the only info I could find concerning the aformentioned banner...so there really isn't much to discuss yet.
Leave it to Sunrise to make all responses to the announcement of their new series IMMEDIATELY hostile based on only a banner. Par for the course really.
Old 2010-12-30, 21:22   Link #17
kresslia
I dunno what to write.

Eeeeep, I'm excited. I love finding out that Sunrise has a new original work up their sleeves. I mean, they don't always turn out to be awesome but I'm damn excited for this! Could be a great ride, and originals are always something to get excited about imo. From what I can (barely) see, the character designs look pretty sweet. The hair does at least, lol. Nice title, too.
kresslia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 22:14   Link #18
marconii2002

I edited a little image from first post

marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 22:31   Link #19
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
I edited a little image from first post

A Mai Tokiha look a like is it related to Mai-verse but I am pretty skeptical on what are the official designs.
Old 2010-12-31, 07:29   Link #20
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
A Mai Tokiha look a like is it related to Mai-verse but I am pretty skeptical on what are the official designs.
Wait, how exactly can you even distinguish anything with that resolution? I mean I think I might see a mecha in the blob on the left, but it also looks like it could be somebody in armor. As for the blob on the right, it looks like a female human, but I can't tell exactly where the hair begins and if that's a hat on her head or just more hair.

Tags
action, school life