AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-13, 20:24   Link #1861
aswad

can some tell me if tatsuya and miyuki mother hated tatsuya
Old 2012-12-13, 20:47   Link #1862
NeutralZero

Real great... so another jerk along the line came...
This time around the jerk became a rep. Far worst than Morasaki... can ever be...
But the Shinji look alike, isn't his ability similar to Tatsuya's flash cast or its the other way around?
Old 2012-12-13, 20:55   Link #1863
blackwhite67
Banned

Flash Cast is about speed. Takkuma's family specialty "Million Edge" simply allows them to cast spells without a CAD. It doesn't mean that they can do it fast.
Old 2012-12-13, 21:33   Link #1864
kfcpanda

so the 7th arc is now coming out regularly in the magazines now?
or are those just random snippets that the author whimsically published?
Old 2012-12-13, 21:59   Link #1865
blackwhite67
Banned

No. Think of this as a continuation of the web arc until the volumes catch up.

Referring back to my previous post, Takuma looks down on Tatsuya because he's a CAD engineer and his family specializes in magic without CADs. If anything, I think its Takuma who should be feeling embarrassed. I mean, he specializes in something that anyone can do with a CAD. So his skill isn't really worth anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswad View Post
can some tell me if tatsuya and miyuki mother hated tatsuya
I don't know if "hated" is the right word. More like thought he was garbage and worthless.
Old 2012-12-13, 22:25   Link #1866
kazzuya13

In the end twins hate Tatsuya after all. I guess they are not as open minded as their sister after all. I hope they hate him because of their sister otherwise they hate him for being a weed and tarnishing the honor of the 10 families by defeating the heir of the 1st family. Cause other than those two reasons I can't think of anything that might be the reason for them hating Tatsuya.
Old 2012-12-13, 22:35   Link #1867
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
In the end twins hate Tatsuya after all. I guess they are not as open minded as their sister after all. I hope they hate him because of their sister otherwise they hate him for being a weed and tarnishing the honor of the 10 families by defeating the heir of the 1st family. Cause other than those two reasons I can't think of anything that might be the reason for them hating Tatsuya.
Just reading that bit there it feels like it's obviously because he is close to their sister.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-12-13, 22:36   Link #1868
kfcpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post

err, where are you drawing this from?
unless you're reading direct from the source/know exactly what you're talking about, this feels like a bit of an extrapolation
my presumption was that they just caught him supposedly fooling around with their beloveds sister so they don't have the best of relations right now...something that should be soon fixed when he shows off/does something for them.

also blackwhite, so he's going to continue the web arc while the volumes are being published?
Old 2012-12-13, 22:42   Link #1869
blackwhite67
Banned

I hope so. I asked this before on Jcafe, but I didn't really get a clear answer so let's just enjoy while it lasts. I believe that the author will continue the arc in the dengeki magazine and when the light novels catch upp, he will put more detail in.

Of course, the twins are just being stubborn. They both know what they did was wrong and immature, but they are just too stubborn to admit it. It's time for the good old deadpan Tatsuya charm and judging how there are no other male characters to pair with them romantically, Tatsuya will add twins to his pseudo-harem. I say pseudo-harem, because this isn't quite a harem series but I can't deny that there are a decent number of girls that admire him, almost to the romantic level.
Old 2012-12-13, 22:45   Link #1870
kfcpanda

haha oh yes, the ol' deadpan charm.

in that regard, i can't help but think of christopher walken
Old 2012-12-13, 23:25   Link #1871
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

say, sorry for an unrelated question which i gonna ask,
now shiba's sibling got their 2nd years, so whos suppose be THE strongest magi/tech in first school/all schools...??
thx
Old 2012-12-14, 00:13   Link #1872
NeutralZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67
Takuma looks down on Tatsuya because he's a CAD engineer and his family specializes in magic without CADs. If anything, I think its Takuma who should be feeling embarrassed. I mean, he specializes in something that anyone can do with a CAD. So his skill isn't really worth anything.
Is his skills not worth really of anything?
After all he did become the 1st year rep...
Does the arc stated or mention any of his capabilities other than the magic of the jerk's family?
Or he is just like shinji in and out?
Is there any form of explanation given as to why they treat (the twins) Tatsuya as a bug yet didn't the two are okay with Jumonji and Hatori going as far as to tease Mayumi about the two in one of the SS. Correct us if we're wrong...
Old 2012-12-14, 00:25   Link #1873
Flere821
Lurker

The 'bug' thing doesn't mean to the twins Tatsuya is less than dirt. It means they seen him as trouble that shouldn't be around Mayumi (well, one of them anyway, the other one actually knows about his achievements in school to a degree). In the sense they're being over-protective siblings that think someone isn't good enough for their close brother/sister.

And while Double Seven thus far had mentioned Shippou is skilled in academics and practical magic, enough to become the freshmen representative, as of right now we haven't seen him do any casting 'on-screen' yet. We'll have to wait for future installments before we find out more.
Old 2012-12-14, 00:28   Link #1874
Voceane

I just finished rereading the first 3 volumes and I had an idea.

The Yotsuba discover a young prodigious magician. They kidnap him. They erased all his memories. They rewrite his past and make him believe that it is from their family. But they hate him because he is an outsider. I think it would be miyuki happy if it turned out to be true.
Old 2012-12-14, 00:33   Link #1875
kfcpanda

flere, so that implies that shippou is indeed able/more powerful than the twins?

Or are we perhaps seeing another case of Tatsuya/Minami in hiding powers in the twins?
Old 2012-12-14, 01:24   Link #1876
Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post

The Yotsuba discover a young prodigious magician. They kidnap him. They erased all his memories. They rewrite his past and make him believe that it is from their family. But they hate him because he is an outsider. I think it would be miyuki happy if it turned out to be true.
I find it more probable that the one they called aunt was actually Tatsuya mother and he's artificially create.
Old 2012-12-14, 01:52   Link #1877
malason13
Forsaken

The twins still dont know half of Tatsuya's accomplishments in school so they are still having a hard time of accepting him. Though i think Kasumi is a tsundere even after her sister Izumi told her of Tatsuya's accomplishment at school.(I mean the Seagusa twin okay)

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2012-12-14, 03:06   Link #1878
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post

Tatsuya's a BS magician, who specializes in decomposition and restoration, both which aren't acknowledged by the Yotsuba as tue magic. Sorry, but that doesn't make sense.

And in Vol.5 Summer Break Miyuki confirmed that they are blood related, so he can't be an outsider.
Old 2012-12-14, 03:23   Link #1879
Dreyakis

Bah, sorry I'm late.

I actually had Chapter 11 finished at 11:52 PM on December 13th, but editing took 20 minutes...

Ahem. Chapter 11 is out!

Click here to see the current progression for the last chapter on Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei!
Old 2012-12-14, 03:24   Link #1880
kfcpanda

no worries dude, you've been far and away beyond awesome now
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings