AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-11-03, 00:19   Link #101
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esente View Post
I'm using r1458 build. The newest build gives me this error:
Code:
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
I tried to install the Runtime package instructed in the Wiki, but had no success. So I went back to r1458 and it runs fine!

jfs, don't worry about it too much. Not man Vietnamese fansub groups out there though, so that bug would not affect much of your wonderful program.

Heh, as I alway expect, everyone would say my name wrong at the first time. It's Esente, not Essente, lol.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Try this. There's a problem in the r1611 installer, it won't work without that file.
ArchMageZeratuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 04:36   Link #102
jfs
Aegisub dev

Actually I would really like some details on the systems the runtime fails to install on/doesn't get installed on... I just did yet another installation (on a fresh WinXP SP2 system) with the 1611 installer and it did run the runtime installer as it was supposed to.
Please post as many details as possible. (PM them to me to avoid filling this thread.)

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 02:06   Link #103
Esente
OEC's TypeSetter+Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchMageZeratuL View Post
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Try this. There's a problem in the r1611 installer, it won't work without that file.
Tried that, but it did not work.

Sorry for not PM you, but since I answer to both you and ArchMageZeratuL, so.. here is my spec:

Operating System: Windows XP Corp SP2

I did many hacks/tweaks on my computer, so I guess there must me something wrong with my own computer. But well, the previous to the lates build was installed and running fine on this computer, so I'm confused! Will stick with the working build.
Esente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 02:18   Link #104
Pie Pants
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esente View Post
Tried that, but it did not work.

Sorry for not PM you, but since I answer to both you and ArchMageZeratuL, so.. here is my spec:

Operating System: Windows XP Corp SP2

I did many hacks/tweaks on my computer, so I guess there must me something wrong with my own computer. But well, the previous to the lates build was installed and running fine on this computer, so I'm confused! Will stick with the working build.
I had a similar problem. Try uninstalling the Visual C++ runtime completely through add/remove programs, then reinstall, making sure you're using SP1.

I need some help with timing in Aegisub though. Not a huge problem, but an annoying one, and probably something simple I've overlooked. Roughly every second line I time, when I commit it, Aegisub will move the end time, usually making the line 2 or 3 seconds longer. And it'll sometimes do it a couple of times in a row when I try to correct it. It doesn't seem to be snapping to a keyframe or anything like that. What am I doing wrong?
Pie Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 11:14   Link #105
jfs
Aegisub dev

Pie Pants: I think you need to make a detailed description of what you're doing. Exactly what you're clicking on and what buttons you press on the keyboard.

Old 2007-11-17, 17:49   Link #106
Pie Pants
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Pie Pants: I think you need to make a detailed description of what you're doing. Exactly what you're clicking on and what buttons you press on the keyboard.
Well it's mostly a problem during rough timing where I basically click the start and end of the line on the audio bar, check by pressing space, then copy & paste the line from the script and either press enter or click on Commit. When I commit it, the time (almost always the end time) will go forward by anywhere between 200 and 1000ms.

I'm starting to think it may be related to the raws though, because it just started suddenly doing it, and apparently a script I've just timed has huge timing misses. I just rechecked my local copy of the script and there are no timing misses at all, which leads me to believe that the timing has gone out during editing/TC.
Pie Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 12:49   Link #107
Branduil
Typesetter
*Fansubber

Is there a way to automatically match styles to the actor in aegisub?
Branduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 15:36   Link #108
jfs
Aegisub dev

Well not directly, but you can do this:

1. Use Select Lines to select all lines with a specific actor
2. Change the style for those lines
3. Repeat for all relevant actor/style pairs

You can also use the Styling Assistant, but it doesn't do style/actor matching automatically.

Old 2007-11-23, 23:05   Link #109
Xtratoga

Help!!!!!!

hi, i have a problem whit aegisub... when i open a video whit the script sometimes it give me the next error:

i hope you can help me
Xtratoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 00:23   Link #110
pichu
*Fansubber

Just looking through this thread, I'd suggest to use After-Effects to typeset. And if anyone wants me to write up a simple jsx to dump AFX's positions, angular [3D angles are quite different in AFX - I haven't formulated how it can be related], and sizes values and their related keyframes to .ass commands, I can work on it... It will be quite simple to code. (except for parenting since I have to multiply and add values heh - but that's not a problem) I haven't seen any SSA tools performing just as well as AFX's interface at all.

You can use different blend mode to match them manually or, alternatively, you can use the crappy AFX's motion tracking - which I don't suggest anyone to use if you want 100% accuracies.

And I do wish that aegisub offers the same functionality in positionings, resizings, and rotatings (with nesting capabilities) as after-effects; it will make lives a lot easier. If not, we can use afx for typesetting, and for old-timers, it's possible to convert those values to .ass commands.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 12:11   Link #111
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pichus View Post
Just looking through this thread, I'd suggest to use After-Effects to typeset. And if anyone wants me to write up a simple jsx to dump AFX's positions, angular [3D angles are quite different in AFX - I haven't formulated how it can be related], and sizes values and their related keyframes to .ass commands, I can work on it... It will be quite simple to code. (except for parenting since I have to multiply and add values heh - but that's not a problem) I haven't seen any SSA tools performing just as well as AFX's interface at all. You can use different blend mode to match them manually or, alternatively, you can use the crappy AFX's motion tracking - which I don't suggest anyone to use if you want 100% accuracies. And I do wish that aegisub offers the same functionality in positionings, resizings, and rotatings (with nesting capabilities) as after-effects; it will make lives a lot easier. If not, we can use afx for typesetting, and for old-timers, it's possible to convert those values to .ass commands.
Actually I like this idea. I already do half my typesetting there anyway. It would streamline my work path quite eaisly.

Would this just hardsub or will it convert back to assa. If not it gives more reason to use the mp4 container to retain hardware compatiblity.
Old 2007-11-30, 04:09   Link #112
Himawarinohana

need, help badly aegisub + virtualdyb

I am a noob fansubber and i am fansubbing an anime episode, i have already subbed it and times it yadda...yadda.. but when i go to virtualdub to add the subtitles to the video i have this problem, The video is choppy, keep in mind this is a really good raw video that i got from divx (stage6) but the video is choppy and when i add the subtitles and try to save as .avi i get this problem; it saves it self up to 18gb in 2 minutes, even when a compress it.

audio problem
saving problem

help would be much appricated.
thank you
Himawarinohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 13:29   Link #113
jfs
Aegisub dev

First, make sure the framerate is correct.

If you're using a "120 fps" raw, you have to decimate it by 5 to get regular 23.976 fps video.

Then, you need to select a compressor, that'd usually be Xvid. Install it if you don't have it.
As you already noticed, uncompressed video is absurdly huge.

Old 2007-12-04, 12:54   Link #114
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

I don't know if this is the proper place to ask. I've done the typesetting for a movie and in Aegisub everything seems fine - fine meaning that the subtitles are two lines maximum. But when I mux it in an MKV and play it on MPC, I notice that the lines are sometimes 3 lines long. Which is really strange. Don't know if anyone else has had this issue before... Any help appreciated.
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
raziel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 15:36   Link #115
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Is it anamorphic?
Are you using MPC's internal renderer or external VSFilter?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 10:03   Link #116
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

I think I corrected it. Indeed it was anamorphic, but I searched this place and found out that you had already pointed out that the script resolution should be set to the non-anamorphic, as well as the softsubs.

Maybe the rest is offtopic:
In my computer I've disabled VSFilter and I use MPC's subtitle renderer, I think it gives better subtitle quality. But I noticed that it gets loaded after the video is gets its anamorphic resize and the subs look stretched (if they are set to something else than ResX/ResY 100%). Is there some way to change this?
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
raziel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 12:14   Link #117
martino
makes no files now

Maybe this will help.
Old 2007-12-05, 16:11   Link #118
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel666 View Post
In my computer I've disabled VSFilter and I use MPC's subtitle renderer, I think it gives better subtitle quality. But I noticed that it gets loaded after the video is gets its anamorphic resize and the subs look stretched (if they are set to something else than ResX/ResY 100%). Is there some way to change this?
Indeed with the default settings it usually gives you slightly better-looking subtitles, especially noticeable on SD resolution stuff. The reason is that while VSFilter is implemented as a Directshow filter that inserts itself right after the video decoder (and hence draws at the video frame resolution) MPC's renderer is a part of the video renderer and draws AFTER video rendering, meaning that it's theoretical maximum subtitle rendering resolution is your desktop resolution (by default the texture resolution is limited to 800x600 though, but that's still better than 480p). The fact that it draws after rendering is also the cause for the subtitle stretching you've noticed. Most people who do proper anamorphic releases follow the informal Darkhold/CCCP "standard" (created back in 2003 or so when certain DVD-rip groups first started doing anamorphic releases with styled ASS/SSA subtitles) which means that you assume that the watcher will be using VSFilter and hence all subtitles will be rendered BEFORE the anamorphic stretching occurs; to compensate for that you set the ScaleX or ScaleY style parameter to some non-zero value to compensate for that (or the subs would look stretched). Another issue that occasionally pops up with MPC's internal renderer is the one in the thread martino linked above (soft typesetting breaks because MPC by default renders relative to the screen edges and not relative to the frame edges). The proposed AS5 standard has a parameter that is supposed to solve this ambiguity once and for all, but God knows when it's actually going to be implemented. Yet another problem with MPC's renderer is that it has subpicture buffering enabled by default, which breaks fades and other animations as well as soft karaoke. It's also slower than VSFilter.

To summarize: if you want to be compatible with the standard that most people (most CCCP users, for example) actually use, you should use VSFilter. If you want better quality subtitles and have CPU power to spare, you can upscale the video with ffdshow before subtitle rendering (or enable resolution doubling in VSFilter).
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 08:44   Link #119
comatose

Hi!

I have a question also regarding subtitle quality, but it doesn't seem to be directly related.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if there's anything I could do to improve the quality of this (hardsub) karaoke. If there's an avisynth filter that works on the sub, that's great too.

The subs look fine in Aegisub, but once I render them with avisynth... blech. (not including encoding - I just preview the script) Shouldn't they look the same as they look in Aegisub?

I have a 640*480 screenshot (it's less visible here) and a 1280*1024 screenshot at fileflyer (1.21 MB PNG)

Is there nothing I can do about this? Is this similar to what happens when you have red text on a blue background and save it as a mspaint-quality JPG?

Thanks in advance for your help!
comatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 11:41   Link #120
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
For one thing, use bigger and thicker font. That should help slightly. And these video handlers can't handle high-contrast combination of red and black well. Maybe use darker red for the fill. Maybe change the border color to something else.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aegisub, help thread