AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-28, 16:15   Link #1361
0bservation

So, this episode implies the parallel universe theory may indeed be valid and the main reason this world is so different compared to the one we previously knew. Besides the confusion this has caused in regards to who Elena really is, what I want to know is what kind of world exactly is this? Could the whole mirror idea mean that this world is essentially a reflection of the earth we know? If so, could it be possible that every living being in this world is really from the world from psalms of planets and they don't know it yet? This might be what the sand was trying to show Elena. For now, this episode has indeed raised more questions as well as answered some I had regarding the setting. Maybe in the next episode, the woman will turn out to be Truth himself and could attempt to throw Ao to the other world considering the new op could surface by ep 13 as well as one of the titles for the ep is something along the lines of step into a world.
0bservation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 07:33   Link #1362
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 11

I really liked this episode, and I'm really excited for next week's episode now. The developments are moving pretty fast, and I felt the events this week were executed really well. I'm really interested in seeing where they go from here, because things could change very rapidly now in just a few episodes.

Spoiler for Spoiler discussion:

P.S. The insert song used this week is "Parallel Signs" - it's an original new song by LAMA written specifically for E7AO.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 08:25   Link #1363
MasterVampire

This episode confused me.

So this series IS set in the other universe?
And is Elena from there?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 08:49   Link #1364
Theorder14

hmm could that girl in the preview be Maeter maybe?
Theorder14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 09:40   Link #1365
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So Elena... is not Elena? She's not even Miller? Who the heck is she and what's her connection to these people? Could she be like Truth and be a shapeshifter, an ability possibly gained after the scub coral burst? I dunno what to make of her, to be honest.

And I must say, it hurt a bit when Fleur shot down the possibility of her and Ao. Aparrently she REALLY into older men *cough*Gazelle*cough*. Pity, considering I would liked a love triangle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
That's...not even whining. The 3rd and 4th episode even makes a point by putting his perspective on the matter
Evangelion also gives Shinji a few episodes on his "perspective on the matter" in terms of why he was so whiny. Does it change he was whiny?

Quote:
What? Again you have a very strange definition at what constitutes as whining constitutes as whining and no Gazelle did not call him out for "whining" pay attention.
Well, it's not my 'definition' if the script specifically says...

"That's the Jap FP. Get in it!"
"But..."
"Stop whining!"

Quote:
Also not whining, the last one is arguable but barely. It seems to me that you're just grasping for straws.
Well, the extent of your argument just boils down to "no it's not!", so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I don't understand. A 15 years old boy thrown in a chaos that kills people, forced to fight in a giant robot against said monster, gets discriminated even more when he does fight(rewatch ep 3 and the child's response there if you think ao's refusal to ride said robot in order not to get more hated is baseless) and you calls him whiny?
Well, the show itself calls Ao whiny, so why not? After all, Ao bemoans ABOUT the problem rather than doing something about it (and he only does something about it after being 'coaxed' into doing so). Probably inherited Renton's genes after all.

But to be fair Ao is a smidge better than Renton in that regard, and he has improved loads after the "abduction" of Naru. I guess that's where Eureka's genes come into play lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 10:11   Link #1366
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So Elena... is not Elena? She's not even Miller? Who the heck is she and what's her connection to these people? Could she be like Truth and be a shapeshifter, an ability possibly gained after the scub coral burst? I dunno what to make of her, to be honest.
Assumed stolen identities because for the record she isn't supposed to exist.

Trapar in E7 are the thoughts/brainwaves of the Scub Coral.

Seems they've stopped putting people into comas.

Trapar Miller poses the possibility Elena is related to her. So either Elena is a humanoid Corallian or she's a human from the E7 world.

Elena knew Eureka, Gekko Skate, the graffitied moon but those memories seem to be repressed.

Theory if Elena is a human from E7:

She is another adopted child of the Thurston couple Renton and Eureka. After the Second Summer Love. They've been trying to conceive for years but can't help but take another baby to the family.

Which makes Elena Ao's in-law sister.

We also get hints this world is artificial. One would think of the Matrix. With Truth being Neo.

We are not sure yet if the US has an agent named Miller or it is just a Corallian. An avatar of Elena much like in Fractale. So she can be at two places at once.

Going by the trapar Corallian Miller opinion she doesn't like this world and wants to go back.

This could indicate the Scub Coral itself is divided. One wants to stay and try to coexist with this universe's humanity. Another wants to go back to their native universe as things aren't working out as they expected.

The Secret I'm afraid is another faction of Scub Coral that do not want more migration in this new universe.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 11:12   Link #1367
ookamigirl

Dealing with another Secret..
That one at least had a nice sense of humor ^^
Looks like the girls & Ao brought a stowaway from their last fight.
That Trapar thing incapacitated them very easily.
Miller, Elena & Ao sure make an interesting team, even though one of them was a hallucination ^^"
So Elena is not really Elena after all?! Wonder who she really is?

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 11:54   Link #1368
ChocoBar9
Banned

Quote:
Evangelion also gives Shinji a few episodes on his "perspective on the matter" in terms of why he was so whiny. Does it change he was whiny?
That's a terrible example. Above all else their situations aren't even remotely similar. Considering what Shinji has to go through that hardly constitutes as whinning.
Quote:
Well, it's not my 'definition' if the script specifically says...

"That's the Jap FP. Get in it!"
"But..."
"Stop whining!"
Your using gg's script due to you won failure to comprehend the language itself, I can guarantee you that he wasn't telling Ao, to stop whinning and again you've failed to prove what constitutes as whining or even give a good example.
Quote:
Well, the extent of your argument just boils down to "no it's not!", so...
Actually I've explained why it doesn't constitutes as whining, you're just grasping for straws and giving bad examples to serve your filmsy argument

Quote:
Well, the show itself calls Ao whiny, so why not? After all, Ao bemoans ABOUT the problem rather than doing something about it (and he only does something about it after being 'coaxed' into doing so). Probably inherited Renton's genes after all.
But the show doesn't consider Ao whiny infact his actions show the complete opposite of whiny itself. This is pathetic, your riding on your own misconception of the word and using one piece of dialogue to describe the entire character.
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 14:13   Link #1369
Xagzan

Ep 11. My mind. It has been fucked.

Seriously, I'm not even gonna try to figure out all the unknown mysteries we now have after this episode: whoever the hell Miller is/was besides just one of PinkElena's assumed identities, how they were related, what purpose she had, how PinkElena is related to real Elena, whether Sand!Miller was just a hallucination only Ao and Elena could see (or just Elena, since Ao seemed to see Eureka and Naru in the car), or even just how many of the scenes were hallucinations, besides the obvious ones like the flying bears (I mean, who were those people Miller shot? And why? And did she actually shoot anybody?)

One thing's clear, though. I just got a whole goddamn lot more interested in this show. With any luck, we can keep getting episodes like this. Next episode's space battle does look promising. Then again, I thought from last week's preview this episode was going to be painfully stupid ecchi episode, so you can imagine when I saw the Zone, the Gekko and the carved Moon how "Holy shit!" I was, despite having already assumed this series took place in another world.

Speaking of the Zone, when I saw the flashback with Eureka holding little Elena, I remembered that the Zone in E7 wasn't a location but actually a tripped out mental state. So I wonder, that trip through the Zone, that weird place Elena was, the ocean of red, how much of that actually happened? Maybe this whole AO world itself is just a Zone-induced illusion for those back in the real world Well, props to this episode for making me extremely curious about Elena. No doubt she's from the original world, maybe even a humanoid Corallian. More than that, I can't know for sure, and in that way it feels just like the first series. Awesome.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 17:48   Link #1370
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

In addition to the big-ticket items, a couple of small things I noticed...

Ao's personnel file lists him as 13 years old, where he's previously been referred to as 12. I wondered about this, then noted that his birthday was in fact - literally - this week, 6.27.12. Coincidence that this appeared on screen?

Also, it was interesting that BONES placed the Cavern Club - with what looked like Beatles memorabilia - in Manchester rather than Liverpool. At first I thought it was just a mistake, but I wonder if it was another clue that "this world is incorrect".
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 21:36   Link #1371
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

can't comprehend, must rewatch
Old 2012-06-29, 22:04   Link #1372
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
can't comprehend, must rewatch
Elena and Miller are the same person... Or are they? Genetic tests and eye witness accounts show they are different persons.

Elena has been pretending to be Miller sending intel to the US.

Wait! Miller isn't real but a Corallian construct. This explains why Elena can be in two places at once. Remember Trapar are Scub Coral brainwave medium. Children are susceptible to mutation inside their brain. So instead of Desperation disease that render them in coma they are partially attuned to the Scub Coral.

It turns out Elena stole the identity she is currently using. The original Elena died in a Scub burst. She doesn't know who she really is. Which is reminiscent of Truth. It turns out she came from the world of E7 and she knew Eureka, Gekko Skate and the graffitied moon with Renton and Eureka's names on it.
Old 2012-06-29, 22:14   Link #1373
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Miller did exist, at least until recently. Elena seems to have usurped her about two months earlier.
Old 2012-06-29, 22:29   Link #1374
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Miller did exist, at least until recently. Elena seems to have usurped her about two months earlier.
Actually it ties to the whole "The World is Wrong".

The story is reminiscent of The Matrix. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole world is a Corralian experiment.

The Scub Coral that Scub bursts would be Zion rebels. Secrets are the agents.

Truth? He's a Neo wannabee.
Old 2012-06-29, 23:27   Link #1375
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Ao's personnel file lists him as 13 years old, where he's previously been referred to as 12
Where? He hasn't. He was always 13.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 00:49   Link #1376
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Where? He hasn't. He was always 13.
Wrong. He's been referred to as 12 several times in the series, including after the medical exam when he arrived at GenBleu.

And, in fact, this anime is set in 2025 and his chart very clearly lists his birthday as "6/27/12". It's definitely not a coincidence. Is it a clue or just a joke? Who knows.
Old 2012-06-30, 03:29   Link #1377
Destined_Fate

Well they're really starting to draw connections between this and Euerka Seven. Some seem to think Elena(Not her real name) is the child of another certain pair from Eureka Seven.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 03:31   Link #1378
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well they're really starting to draw connections between this and Euerka Seven. Some seem to think Elena(Not her real name) is the child of another certain pair from Eureka Seven.
It's certainly one possibility given her appearance, and that typeTheEND parked in the basement of GenBleu.
Old 2012-06-30, 04:00   Link #1379
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Managed to catch up now. That's one heck of a mind screw. Something tells me that this the world to which the Corralians migrated to way back in the original E7. I guess it was a really good to have E7: AO as a 2-cour series. It moves the plot faster than the original.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 04:06   Link #1380
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's certainly one possibility given her appearance, and that typeTheEND parked in the basement of GenBleu.
Also the flower reference. Spent whole evening trying to found out that flower name
Her "real" personality and biography also resembles that of a certain someone.

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen