AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-08-06, 11:53   Link #481
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkonus View Post
What thread are they allowed in or they not allowed at all?
They are not allowed anywhere on Anime Suki.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 12:06   Link #482
nijok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Did you use GT to understand what he says on his blog or what? because you really don't know how he works.

Spoiler for vol17:
nope, because im spanish and im following his blog a while ago, but if he make a short review its would be(in my opinion) spoilers that like others post here.
he can answer specific question as before the vol16 summary
nijok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 12:14   Link #483
caminhas
Golden Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
By the way, I am looking forward to look at the character illustration of Mio.
If translated summary of preview is correct, the engagement of Mayumi and Itsuwa Hirofumi is not possible, so Itsuwa clan may need a new ally besides Saegusa. Just like many fans have been imagined, we may finally confirm whether Tatsuya x Mio shipping is possible or not.
Tatsuya x Lina is way more possible
caminhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 12:16   Link #484
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
A quick reminder to everyone, especially to those who have joined since v16 was released, direct translations and lengthy blow-by-blow summaries aren't allowed in this thread. If they are posted, they will be deleted.
I want to clarify that short, synopsis-style summaries are allowed.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 12:33   Link #485
Zeborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by caminhas View Post
Tatsuya x Lina is way more possible
Being frank, it's just as possible as anything not Tatsuya/Miyuki.
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 12:51   Link #486
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijok View Post
nope, because im spanish and im following his blog a while ago, but if he make a short review its would be(in my opinion) spoilers that like others post here.
he can answer specific question as before the vol16 summary
I can barely undestand what are you trying to say, but a review + Q:A is better than any spoiler (like the ones on 2ch which are very subjective sometimes), also he's one of the best translators out there so any information from him is 100% legit. I assume you understand doing a summary of an entire volume is really hard.

Thanks to him much of the information was accurately confirmed or denied.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 13:09   Link #487
amtro
Distro

Oh wait, the SPANISH BLOG? I thought it was the Indonesian one. Yeah I understand spanish just fine. Not holding my fingers crossed on a leak though.
Old 2015-08-06, 17:04   Link #488
interupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Oh wait, the SPANISH BLOG? I thought it was the Indonesian one. Yeah I understand spanish just fine. Not holding my fingers crossed on a leak though.
If Indonesian i can read it
interupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 18:35   Link #489
novalysis

I think that in some ways, Koichi sees the act of offering his daughter to Maya's "son" is a way of fulfilling a severed marriage contract in the previous generation.

As for the incompetence of the Ten MCs - I chalk it down to them not really understanding just what the Yotsubas did to Tatsuya. To them, their mental model of Tatsuya is that of a typical ten MC child who is on the borderlines of being turned into a Number by the Yotsuba, just because Tatsuya's highly specialized magics do not fit the Yotsuba standards of perfection. As such, most of them probably sincerely believes that Tatsuya can be lured away, because the Yotsuba unjustifiably treats him badly.

Only the Kudous are likely close to the truth - if only because Fujibayashi knows Tatsuya and Miyuki on a personal level.

The case for Masaki (if you don't take into account of Miyuki's character) from a political perspective is very solid actually - such is the power of the Yotsuba clan, that the only worthy marriage partner for their heir has to be someone from the Ten MC who is a prime heir candidate for his clan.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 19:10   Link #490
fsck

I wonder if Masaki would still be into Miyuki if he knew anything about her personality
fsck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 19:24   Link #491
Darkonus

If Koichi wants to get into the Yotsuba he doesn't have to offer his daughter to Tats, he could offer one of the twins to Fumiya, would probably be the safer route.
Darkonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 19:48   Link #492
MRD143

Doesn't matter who it is the Yotsuba don't allow outsiders access to the Family secrets. Masaki, Mayumi or one of the twins they would all be treated like Tatsurou is. It kind of makes sense, you have be born and raised a Yotsuba you can't become one.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 19:55   Link #493
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
If Koichi wants to get into the Yotsuba he doesn't have to offer his daughter to Tats, he could offer one of the twins to Fumiya, would probably be the safer route.
His goal is to weaken them, not join them. If he was going to marry Mayumi off to Tatsuya, Tatsuya would be joining the Saegusa, not Mayumi joining the Yotsuba. So marrying off one of the twins to Fumiya would be counter productive.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 20:06   Link #494
tuckersister

I wonder the Yotsuba clan can be "cleaned up" on their own. I had original thought that Tatsuya and Miyuki could gut out the disease that made the clan so dirty. I also thought the next TM generation would clean up the problem from the old generation and find better solution.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 20:19   Link #495
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
It is not possible. During the Kuroba twins Arc, Maya gave orders to Kuroba Twins:
1. Get attention from the public
2. Make people to believe that Kuroba twins are not related / connected to Shiba Tatsuya.
After Tatsuya announced as Maya's son, supposedly Kuroba would lose suspicion of being Yotsuba at least from public eyes.
So, the mission could become meaningless if Kuroba twins get engaged to other 10MC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
Doesn't matter who it is the Yotsuba don't allow outsiders access to the Family secrets. Masaki, Mayumi or one of the twins they would all be treated like Tatsurou is. It kind of makes sense, you have be born and raised a Yotsuba you can't become one.
Tatsurou is a little different. He is closed to a sperm donor than a husband. And, Miya's identity was concealed, so it was different from Miyuki whose identity will be revealed to public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
His goal is to weaken them, not join them. If he was going to marry Mayumi off to Tatsuya, Tatsuya would be joining the Saegusa, not Mayumi joining the Yotsuba. So marrying off one of the twins to Fumiya would be counter productive.
You are correct, but how can they drag Tatsuya to their side?
Unless Koichi switches the heir from his eldest son to Mayumi, there isn't any legitimate excuse to bring Tatsuya to Saegusa family. Eventually, the story may lead to the direction.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 20:19   Link #496
bakato

So will Miyuki still call Tatsuya onii-sama this volume?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 20:26   Link #497
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsck View Post
I wonder if Masaki would still be into Miyuki if he knew anything about her personality
What's wrong with her personality? I don't see why Masaki would stop liking Miyuki after knowing her personality. LoL. as if his feelings weren't shallow enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So will Miyuki still call Tatsuya onii-sama this volume?
I was wondering that too. If Miyuki keeps calling Tatsuya 'Onii-sama', I'm afraid the people from school are going to think they have a siblings fetish!
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 20:30   Link #498
Zeborg

She'll be calling him Tatsuya in school like she did at the Yotsuba event, I figure.
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 20:39   Link #499
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Unless Koichi switches the heir from his eldest son to Mayumi, there isn't any legitimate excuse to bring Tatsuya to Saegusa family. Eventually, the story may lead to the direction.
Well that's what we need to find out. He could very well make Mayumi the heir, I don't think anyone would question it since her talent has been known to be world class and she proven herself as a leader during the events of the Yokohama Disturbance.

Edit: Well I guess the only excuse they can openly is make is that Mayumi is in love with Tatsuya, which is true.

Last edited by -Mahesvara_; 2015-08-06 at 20:52.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 21:52   Link #500
Kadia

Quote:
Even promoting Mayumi's position, they still have no means to entice Tatsuya with.
Moreover, even with Tatsuya's consent, he wouldn't be allowed to be Saegusa because he has been introduced to the public as Yotsuba, Maya's son.

The thing is Koichi has no ideas regarding Tatsuya's relationship with Miyuki as well as Tat's true intentions. He is just being paranoid of falling from #1 and thus acts impulsively. Merely receiving notice from magic association about Yotsuba, he suddenly planned to sell his daughter off without trying to ascertain the situation of the siblings.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
political intrigue