AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-28, 10:54   Link #21
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The girl is so psychotic that it's hot

Although in real life I'd avoid girls like that like the plague
lol that pretty much sums it up for me, certain girls you know to stay away from in RL but in manga and anime they can across as really hawt or likable

Really like how this move along in this, it quite nice in it's own way.
Old 2010-05-28, 11:26   Link #22
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I really hope the anime will be as good as the manga is right now.
Old 2010-05-28, 22:09   Link #23
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Hate to double post(kinda), but I was wondering in the latest chapter, when she was feeding him the melon bread, was that a result of her being "mean", or was that her being "emotionally unstable"?

In any case, that kissing scene was pretty hot, but it kind of gives me the impression that she's really emotionally clingy. That's REALLY cute, but it makes me fear of when something bad happens how she will react(bad as in sad, not as in, say, a yandere)
Old 2010-05-29, 16:27   Link #24
ZODDGUTS

Been loving this series shame the anime will be only 12 eps not enough to develop each girl's relationship oh well at least the manga is doing a great job so far. Really been liking Ayatsuji's character a bit different from the typical norm of female characters in romance series. Yeah she's emotionally dependent/unstable but not Yan-Dere like. But yeah I agree if there relationship ends sour things could get very bad for her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Hate to double post(kinda), but I was wondering in the latest chapter, when she was feeding him the melon bread, was that a result of her being "mean", or was that her being "emotionally unstable"?
I think that scene she was just being "playful" and mean.

Anyways assuming this is only two volumes for each girl then that means we got at least another 4 or 5 chapters to go before it ends.
Old 2010-05-29, 16:48   Link #25
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I dunno... any chick that sits alone ripping books and freaking out about being alone... is NOT a good sign in any stretch of the imagination. Expect a double homicide if you break her heart
Old 2010-05-29, 17:07   Link #26
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
I dunno... any chick that sits alone ripping books and freaking out about being alone... is NOT a good sign in any stretch of the imagination. Expect a double homicide if you break her heart
haha yea I wouldn't say it was a good sign but I don't think it's a bad one either.
She has her "issues" but not in some yandere/psychotic way at least.

Weird that I find the nosebleed quite cute in it's weird odd way, kinda like in Onidere but thats more for lolz there

btw anyone read the other Amagami series, Love Goes On!?
Old 2010-05-29, 17:08   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
btw anyone read the other Amagami series, Love Goes On!?
Yeah i was gonna ask this question. Wouldn't mind knowing how people would compare it to Precious Diary.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-05-29 at 17:24.
Old 2010-05-29, 22:46   Link #28
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
Yeah i was gonna ask this question. Wouldn't mind knowing how people would compare it to Precious Diary.
I had read that right after PD, thinking it was some other version or whatnot, but I wasn't that impressed. It was ok, but the male lead failed to captivate me, though the main girl was nice because of her sometimes-stoic conversations with the male lead.
Old 2010-05-30, 11:30   Link #29
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post

In any case, that kissing scene was pretty hot, but it kind of gives me the impression that she's really emotionally clingy. That's REALLY cute, but it makes me fear of when something bad happens how she will react(bad as in sad, not as in, say, a yandere)
I think feeding him like that was just her playing with him.

Quote:
The book ripping was fine until she said it's how she passes the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I thought it was pretty good. The two girls are really different so it'll be hard to compare the two.

Can't wait for the anime. I'm hoping it's another gem like Kimikiss.
Old 2010-05-30, 11:46   Link #30
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Can't wait for the anime. I'm hoping it's another gem like Kimikiss.
God help, if its another nonsense like Kimikiss. I wanted it to be a straight forward romance, something that Kimikiss was good about but got all that shoujo love triangle crap and forced drama, so I really hope it won't be another stuff like that.

But again, considering the disastrous sells of Kimikiss I suppose no studios will try to pull out something like Kimikiss anytime soon.
Old 2010-05-30, 11:49   Link #31
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Naw, I loved Kimikiss. And it was my understanding that it sold poorly because it was very different from the game. Amagami is splitting the girls into arcs. So we'll only have a set number of episode for each girl and all. I welcome that idea, but it has to be a good two cour series, I don't want anything rushed.
Old 2010-05-30, 12:02   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Indeed 13 episodes really isn't going to work for this to work, and i hope the staff behind the adaptation know that. Either way i'm hoping for a gem of a series like Kimikiss, so i hope it doesn't disappoint.
Old 2010-05-30, 12:05   Link #33
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Naw, I loved Kimikiss. And it was my understanding that it sold poorly because it was very different from the game.
Thta was my point. I wanted something similar to the game, and what made it such a popular game, but it seemed like studio ignored that took only names and outlooks of the charcaters and placed them in general shoujo situations, whilke in truth Kimikiss strength was always that it was a simplistic relationship, a simple but sweet romance without all those love-traingles angst and dramas.

Now harem would have been just as bad IMO, but the shoujo-Kimikiss was still bad idea and thats why it sold so badly. Way too different from the simple and straightforward romance.

Quote:
Amagami is splitting the girls into arcs. So we'll only have a set number of episode for each girl and all. I welcome that idea, but it has to be a good two cour series, I don't want anything rushed.
I do agree with you about two cour series, simple romance is great but not when it is just one or two episodes in length for each relationship.
Old 2010-05-30, 12:35   Link #34
ReddyRedWolf

I know there are manga characters that are supposed to be dense but when a girl says she's going to make you hers it connotes a declaration of possession with added benefits.

Anyway I'm only waiting for the story of the girl with the HAIR. Yes I like her character design.
Old 2010-05-30, 13:58   Link #35
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Thta was my point. I wanted something similar to the game, and what made it such a popular game, but it seemed like studio ignored that took only names and outlooks of the charcaters and placed them in general shoujo situations, whilke in truth Kimikiss strength was always that it was a simplistic relationship, a simple but sweet romance without all those love-traingles angst and dramas.

Now harem would have been just as bad IMO, but the shoujo-Kimikiss was still bad idea and thats why it sold so badly. Way too different from the simple and straightforward romance.
Hold on...how was Kimikiss a shoujo situation?
Old 2010-05-30, 15:13   Link #36
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Hold on...how was Kimikiss a shoujo situation?
Love triangles. Like a girl meets a handsome bishie they start going out and then her childhood friend gets all worried and she herself isn't so sure about her relationship with handsome bishie. Very typical shoujo drama if you ask me.
Old 2010-05-30, 16:35   Link #37
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^Love triangles are very typical in shounen romances too. In fact, it's kind of everywhere. Your choice of "shoujo" as the mark of shame says more about your taste and prejudice than the show itself really.

Ditto for childhood friend. As a matter of fact I think shounen romances employ that trope more.

My opinion of Kimikiss' anime was that it was a rather interesting show, but not Kasai's best. Which has nothing to do with how well it adapts the no doubt run-of-the-mill source material. Rather, I was a bit annoyed by the Suzuka-esque situation and angst which the show treats one of the love triangles. Suzuka, as you know, is not shoujo at all, and yet its primary feature is a rather grating bunch of angst-ridden teenagers and their love triangle problems.

*Bzz*

*Back to topic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO
The book ripping was fine until she said it's how she passes the time.
I'm a little miffed that the boy didn't just pull a verbal comeback right there. Then again, it might have been a wise choice given the situation (are there sharp things in the library?).

While she's charmingly psychotic, I would have liked this manga more if the spice in the relationship doesn't just come from one side. As it is though it is a pleasant piece of fluffy romance and our otherwise questionably-designed male lead (do they really have to make him look so wimpy and naive?) proves surprisingly likable by being neither dense nor undeservedly popular.
Old 2010-05-30, 16:54   Link #38
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
^Love triangles are very typical in shounen romances too. In fact, it's kind of everywhere. Your choice of "shoujo" as the mark of shame says more about your taste and prejudice than the show itself really.

Ditto for childhood friend. As a matter of fact I think shounen romances employ that trope more.

My opinion of Kimikiss' anime was that it was a rather interesting show, but not Kasai's best. Which has nothing to do with how well it adapts the no doubt run-of-the-mill source material. Rather, I was a bit annoyed by the Suzuka-esque situation and angst which the show treats one of the love triangles. Suzuka, as you know, is not shoujo at all, and yet its primary feature is a rather grating bunch of angst-ridden teenagers and their love triangle problems.
Love triangles usually happen both ways, but I do not recall the shounen love triangles where the other guy would steal the main girls first kiss rather than the supposed main guy. Such event is very common in Shoujo's though.

Usually shounen triangles are more lighthearted and less angst filled and it does not have two guys fighting over a girl either.

Seo is Seo, his works are his works, and I do not know much about Suzuka, dropped it like a rock into the ocean. I was so disgusted with the main heroine that I dropped in the half-way of the series.
Old 2010-05-30, 17:03   Link #39
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I'm a little miffed that the boy didn't just pull a verbal comeback right there. Then again, it might have been a wise choice given the situation (are there sharp things in the library?).

While she's charmingly psychotic, I would have liked this manga more if the spice in the relationship doesn't just come from one side. As it is though it is a pleasant piece of fluffy romance and our otherwise questionably-designed male lead (do they really have to make him look so wimpy and naive?) proves surprisingly likable by being neither dense nor undeservedly popular.
I was surprised that he just stood there...but yeah, after the fact it is good that he kept his mouth shut.

I still want to talk about Kimikiss, let's take it outside...
Old 2010-06-06, 05:49   Link #40
Darknemo2000

Well it seems like it won't be one volume now...

Kimikiss one volume with all omake chapters (if there were some) usually were made of around 10 chapters (with average size of 18 pages) and since after 10th chapter the story is still very much ongoing I think it will be two volumes.

They could still make a 200+ pages volume of course and squeeze the 11th chapter but it doesnt seem like the story will be resolves in just one chapter unless we are getting another horribly rushed ending.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance, seinen