AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Is Konoha Way Overpowered?
Yes, they are too strong for their own good. 55 48.67%
No, they aren't as strong as one might think. 29 25.66%
Neither, they're on par with the other villages. 29 25.66%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-08-30, 05:51   Link #61
chImp

Did you people forget that Konoha was fighting to protect their loved ones (which is basicly what Naruto is about) and that both sand/sound were just attacking them because they had to.
chImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 06:53   Link #62
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
so your saying there is a sound country and orochimaru took it over? and a waterfall country? if waterfall has its own country why doesnt it have a kage? I dunno hasnt really been specified, but i guess its possible. I never saw those countries on the map, but iguess they could be there
Only the five great ninja villages have a kage, said by Kakashi in one of the first episodes. The countries were shown at some points, for example on the page I specified.

Quote:
also the alliance had nothing to do with which country they used for teh attack. Any country could have gotten their ninja's in using the chuunin exam as a cover. and any country would have followed teh orders of their kage. The only reason for targeting sand that i could come up with, other then kage being easiest kill, is to get specificly gaara.
Orochimaru could replace any of the ninja who were participating in the Chuunin exam, however, the Sand was the only one which had sufficient power to attack the leaf, as it was the only great ninja village apart from the leaf, that participated.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 07:04   Link #63
joyufat

Quote:
so your saying there is a sound country and orochimaru took it over? and a waterfall country? if waterfall has its own country why doesnt it have a kage? I dunno hasnt really been specified, but i guess its possible. I never saw those countries on the map, but iguess they could be there

also the alliance had nothing to do with which country they used for teh attack. Any country could have gotten their ninja's in using the chuunin exam as a cover. and any country would have followed teh orders of their kage. The only reason for targeting sand that i could come up with, other then kage being easiest kill, is to get specificly gaara.
The other villages presumably also have leaders, but aren't recognised as "Kage". Only the leaders of the five great shinobi villages take that name. You can check out episode 23 to see the map of where each allied village is.

I suppose Orochimaru could've used any of the other allied villages (or only used his own), but he still would've needed to get rid of the Kazekage ahead of time if he wanted to attack during the 3rd exam. Otherwise he would've had to fight both the Third Hokage and the Kazekage at the same time, since they are seated so close to each other, and the Kazekage would be obliged to help out.
joyufat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 07:13   Link #64
Naruto
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu

Send a message via ICQ to Naruto
edit: misread the preevious post

Ontopic:
i think that Konoha is not overpowered.
this sounds like Naruto is a game where the characters have to be balanced. rather the way the they are is because we are focusing on the spotlight of the Story which is Konoha rather then the rest of the villages.
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 16:03   Link #65
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I don't think Konoha was showed overpowered.
They were presented as the strongest hidden village before the war, but the other 4 great hidden villages wasn't presented as really weaker, after all Konoha didn't win the past wars, it finished by treaties.

And during the war with the Sand/Sound and Konoha, it was said during the discussion with Baki and Kazekage/Oro that the forces they could bring into Konoha were severely restricted not to draw attention on themself.

In spite of that, half of the power of Konoha was crushed during this attack and it would have been way worse if Gaara and Shikaku would have remained in the village.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 02:11   Link #66
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

I don't think that Konoha is that much powerful that the three other Great Hidden Villages. We know nothing about Rock and Cloud villages, and we have an impression that Bloody Mist is quite powerful (the 7 Swordsmen compared to the Sannin). I am just assuming that Rock and Cloud are on equal terms with Konoha before the Chuunin exam surprise attack, with Mist slightly (but not much) more powerful. (All those civil wars and coups d'etat must make Mist so strong) All we know is that Sand is very weak right now and its power is about to be surpassed by Sound.
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 03:09   Link #67
Hideki Keiji

Quote:
I will try to clear this up for you. There are five great villages: Leaf, Sand, Cloud, Rock, and Mist. Each of these villages' leader is known as a 'kage' for example: Hokage, Mizukage, etc. The other villages do not have 'kages' only the five largest.
Orochimaru most likely started a village of his own in the Sound country.
I hope that helps.
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 08:33   Link #68
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

Quote:
1. When the Sand/Sound attacked, the only ninja of jounin level and above that I can recall is Baki, Kabuto and Orochimaru. Perhaps the 4 nins who created the shield also? I can count that with the fingers on my hands.
Something to consider is the sound village is not a true ninja village. Not only was it a very new one it also has Oro as its leader. Which means he isn't going to help much with the training of his lackies.

Quote:
2. Looking back at the Chuunin exam, all of the Konoha genins(unless the "extras" genins of other teams were not shown actually took part and failed) made it thru stage 2. 5/8 of the final contestents are in fact Leaf genins. 4 rookies nontheless.
Home Field advantage is a big factor in this I think. Greece won far more medals in the athens games this year than they did in syndeny 4 years ago.

Quote:
3. Besides Iruka and the 2 that changed the room signs at the beginning of the exam, I know of no other chuunins in the leaf. The rest seem to be Jounins, Anbu or better.
All of the examinars aids are chuunin. There were lots of them throwing people out in that cheating test. Just because we don't see them alot doesn't mean they are not there.

Quote:
4. Konoha: Home of the clan that controls Sharingan and Byakugan. Home of the strongest Kage (Sarutobi) despite being the oldest. Home of the 3 Legendary Sannin although they are no longer affiliated. Home of the Kid who has the Kyubi Sealed in him. Home of Itachi although he is no longer affiliated. Moving on, so like where are the special bloodline limits and crazy diesel ninjas that are from or originated from the other villages? Perhaps none... I don't know but I'm not given much to think about when it comes to that.
These are Konoha's specialties. Who's to say that these are more or less than some of the other nations that we have not seen much of in naruto. There are what 9 members of the ataskui and Itachi seems to be more working for them than their leader. Obviously Oro wasn't their leader either which suggests a stronger head guy who probly isn't from konoha.

Quote:
5. Whatever level Shika's father or Ino's father or Chouji father is, they each took on more than 1 ninja of the opposing force at a time and succeeded. Meanwhile Hinata's father Hizashi or Hiashi(I never can tell which is his name) single handedly took out an assload of em.
As I said above. Homefield advantage is a major factor. People fight alot harder when their homes are under attack. There is also the fact that the sound nin that attacked were mostly have chuunin lvl ninja.

I think for the most part they are about on par with most of the other nations. Stronger than the sand or the sound though, and since those are the only major ninja groups we have seen in naruto it could lead to think konoha is the strongest. And with naruto in they future they truely may be once he learns to master kyuubi as an adult.
Xarrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 10:35   Link #69
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarrais

As I said above. Homefield advantage is a major factor. People fight alot harder when their homes are under attack. There is also the fact that the sound nin that attacked were mostly have chuunin lvl ninja.

I think for the most part they are about on par with most of the other nations. Stronger than the sand or the sound though, and since those are the only major ninja groups we have seen in naruto it could lead to think konoha is the strongest. And with naruto in they future they truely may be once he learns to master kyuubi as an adult.
Well the first point is not true... but then this is Naruto.... BUt how do you know most of the sound nins were chuunin level ninja?
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 10:35   Link #70
Unit01

Well they're way overpowered than the rest, that's for sure
I mean for those of you that have read the manga, the sound battle you know.
Konoha genins killing you know.

And at the moment from what we know konoha is overpowered. But that's only for now. If the series reveals more about the other villages instead of showing naruto succeding with everything and whining about his ninja way, we might shift our views. But until that happens we can just act from current fact.
The naruto world is funny though, they might create a super village just for a few eps and then just kill it
Unit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 12:23   Link #71
Steffa
Ninja Guru

well u guys are forgetting that in naruto it is said that once upon a time the countries were at war amogst each other....the fire country won against everybody and so they had to sign a treaty...a treaty that would limit the numbers of ninjas...so like the sand...they had just a handful of high level ninjas....now leaf ninjas are pretty good although they are in great numbers...where in the sand village there are many skilled ninja...there are fewer geniuses then in leaf....this has determined the outcome of the battle between leaf and sand....
as for the bloodlines...so far we have only seen leaf bloodlines....so maybe there are more bloodlines in the other countries....but it's going to happen in the future
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 21:10   Link #72
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffa
well u guys are forgetting that in naruto it is said that once upon a time the countries were at war amogst each other....the fire country won
When did It say this?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 15:02   Link #73
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
Konoha supremecy?

based on information, we know that...

The third was the strongest "kage" of them all.
And there's alot of discussion wether the sannins ot Itachi is stronger then the third was...
And all theese shinobis are from Konoha.
This makes me feel that Konoha's got the strongest ninjas and that maybe One of the sannin or perhaps Itachi is the worlds strongest ninja.

Isn't that kind of lame... I want to feel that there are even stronger ninjas in countrys like the stone, or lightning which we don't know anything about yet.

Any thoughts??
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 15:20   Link #74
Hanabi
日向花火

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja massacre
based on information, we know that...

The third was the strongest "kage" of them all.
And there's alot of discussion wether the sannins ot Itachi is stronger then the third was...
And all theese shinobis are from Konoha.
This makes me feel that Konoha's got the strongest ninjas and that maybe One of the sannin or perhaps Itachi is the worlds strongest ninja.

Isn't that kind of lame... I want to feel that there are even stronger ninjas in countrys like the stone, or lightning which we don't know anything about yet.

Any thoughts??
Well, Konoha was considered to be one of the major powers of the Narutoverse... if you remember, only five villages are strong enough that they're recognised to have a Kage leader. Or something like that.

Only person I remember from Stone was the guy who kidnapped a 3-year-old Hinata, but her father practically killed the guy in one hit. Remember that the Hyuuga Clan is considered to be the strongest clan in Konoha, so that probably don't count much...

From the looks of it, Konoha itself doesn't seem to be that old for a city (I say city and not village because... well, c'mon, look at Konoha yourself and tell me if that's a village...). We know that the first Hokage founded it in his lifetime, and trained the future Sandaime when he graduated at the age of 12.

From a earlier post, someone translated sections of the Naruto data book, which says something about the First and Second.

"Shodaime and Nidaime were actually brothers! Sixty years ago, Shodaime led a group of shinobi to this lush forestland and found the Hidden Leaf Village."

It might be that Shodaime and Nidaime were legendary figures who had powerful followers from various different countries, who all banded together. :3 Heck, most of them may even be from the Mist Country, since they were hunting down and killing anyone with a advanced bloodline. o_o

Perhaps that's why Konoha is so powerful - for a village relatively short-lived, it has a mix of powerful ninja from all over the place. Maybe.
Hanabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 15:32   Link #75
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

I could have sworn that not too long ago a whole thread was dedicated to this subject.

but fuck me I can't seem to find it. My browser is a bit slow so excuse me for not posting the links.

IIRC one of them was something with "Konoha powerhouse?"
Old 2004-10-03, 19:06   Link #76
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Lol there was. I wonder what happen to it. I think it was almost the exact same name too.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 19:39   Link #77
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Is Konoha Way Overpowered?
and
Has anyone ever imagine how the village was founded?

Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 12:25   Link #78
kazumaofshellbullet

A very simple answer to this question is konoha is not overpowered. Although mist village has literally purged all of its ppl with bloodlines, it still produced the 7 mist swordsman who are referred to as one of the very few S-rank criminals in the world. The hidden mist village also produced the uber powerful and genius haku who could take on kakashi/zabuza/gai etc... anyday and have an ok chance to beat them.
kazumaofshellbullet is offline   Reply With Quote