Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-26, 01:06   Link #1481
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't follow the SC scene but the people panning it were general people, think neogaf and the like instead of whatever the SC equivalent is for srk/dustloop.
Oh. I thought the general people were panning it because what was the point of them supposedly being exclusive if they were going to be DLC on the other console anyway.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 01:12   Link #1482
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Oh. I thought the general people were panning it because what was the point of them supposedly being exclusive if they were going to be DLC on the other console anyway.
It was for both reasons, remember that was a good 2 years ago now.. the DLC came off as a money grab... Namco didn't get called Scamco for no reason... at least they resisted the urge to do the same with Tekken 6... though when 7 comes out... they can point to Blazblue and get away with it
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 01:24   Link #1483
Tokkan

Hmmm... I just looked at NeoGAF to find their opinions on the BlazBlue DLC characters... I found that most of them don't mind it.
Old 2010-06-26, 02:21   Link #1484
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

What sickened me about SC IV was its so called "exclusive system characters," and the entire ridiculousness of Star Wars characters in SC in the first place.

The whole SC IV fiasco was more about the "console exclusive" characters already being finished and on the disc.

Most of the fan anger was direct at the characters already existing on the disc, even though both of them (Yoda, Darth Vader) were advertised as exclusive up till this was discovered. Then money was demanded to "unlock" these characters.

Most were annoyed about having to pay for something that was already present on the disc, but I'm not sure how many of these people would have been truly upset if the DLC character was instead an entirely new character that was unavailable to either system beforehand.

As for Makoto:

I have discussed this matter with several people and they really don't seem to mind that she DLC. She wasn't part of the original group of characters planned for CS (as Mu-12 obviously was), and the fact she would even be a playable character comes as a pleasant surprise to many.

Makoto may indeed be done (or close to done) but that doesn't mean she was ready by the time BB:CS went gold. The fact she isn't even on the disc supports this to some extent.

and if you don't like the idea of paying to download Makoto on her own, don't.

You said it yourself, its possible she won't even be tournament legal so there is no real necessity to purchase her. If you do its entirely of you own discretion, and it is extremely likely they will have a "Batch" release when all the DLC characters are released, so many could simply choose to wait till then.

While I take back my comment of you being a hater, I still believe your overreacting to this a great deal.
Old 2010-06-26, 10:11   Link #1485
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

More Makoto screen
Old 2010-06-26, 10:31   Link #1486
Tokkan

And also, 2 silhouettes. 3 DLC characters total. If you count Lambda for whatever reason, that's 7 new characters. Just like the EU trailer said.
Old 2010-06-26, 14:38   Link #1487
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

As a still active SCIV follower and a national qualifier I can say the whole scene aren't a bunch of idiots who ignored the fact this was happening.

For SCIV, like already said, It was Yoda for 360 and Vader for PS3. However right off the bat after unlocking all the characters there was one spot left open which made people think that there was someone else entirely. It was then released a few months out that Each character was available for purchase to fill the roster out which was totally gay. The characters that cost 5 bucks, which included a new stage, music and cutscenes for that character were all available on the disc and were "falsely" advertised as exclusives.

That was the only real problem we all had. But I mean after a month it was all good let alone Yoda was banned anyway for a majority of the lifespan.

For BBCS it's a little different, I don't mind getting new characters in general added to the game, especially ones we ask for, if it's not SO EXPENSIVE and it's more than just a character like a new story, level and all that jazz as well.

I still think paying for COLORS is way more ridiculous than a new character, shit I don't know why they don't have a color edit mode like some GGs had.
I don't even like buying full blown costumes for SSFIV and the like either.
Old 2010-06-27, 03:02   Link #1488
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm not sure about the tonfas part, since from the screenshot, the way she used it looks more like a pile bunker.
Old 2010-06-27, 04:49   Link #1489
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If she plays like Slayer, she'll instantly be my main. Ok, maybe sub, after Rachel.

I'm still waiting for Valkenhayn.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 04:54   Link #1490
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I feel like a bad one for saying this, but I dropped Noel as my sub just for this
Old 2010-06-27, 06:26   Link #1491
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Furry tail girl wins!
Old 2010-06-27, 06:42   Link #1492
Tokkan

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/ - Secret Achievements revealed.

Spoiler for Secret:
Old 2010-06-27, 07:06   Link #1493
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/ - Secret Achievements revealed.

Spoiler for Secret:
Wasn't there one in BB:CT? I remember getting something similar before.
Old 2010-06-27, 07:18   Link #1494
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Wasn't there one in BB:CT? I remember getting something similar before.
The only training mode related achievement in CT was the one for dishing out a million damage in total throughout all your sessions in training mode. I believe its English name was "You're the Best! Around!"
Old 2010-06-27, 08:12   Link #1495
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I'm not surprised Makoto is carrying tonfas, they look durable for cracking nuts.
....Pfft. This was win. Very humorous, since I can imagine Makoto cracking nuts. Poor Tager. He will fall victim to her speed.

It happens most of the time anyways, Tager getting owned by high speed characters. xD
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 00:07   Link #1496
leodamine
Divine Akuma

well, it depends on whether or not she has a safe way to get in on him though. Noel has trouble against Tager now apparently, and so does Tsubaki.
Old 2010-06-28, 00:33   Link #1497
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
It happens most of the time anyways, Tager getting owned by high speed characters. xD
After seeing that godly golden Tager, I'm not even sure about that statement anymore .
Old 2010-06-28, 16:25   Link #1498
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
After seeing that godly golden Tager, I'm not even sure about that statement anymore
That is a professional player who has obviously mastered Tager to such a degree his speed is actually a weapon -- before rush him expecting a slow enemy. But regardless of how quick an Iron Tager is, I doubt it could escape a Litchi cornering combo.

By the way, any links to Jin CGI/Gallery Illustrations? I couldn't find anything on my search.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 18:02   Link #1499
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO4Uj...I4&feature=sub

This Litchi player is extremely good. I can see high level Litchi players being tough to deal with in general. I'll still try my best with Tsubaki though.
Old 2010-06-28, 18:37   Link #1500
Tokkan

... Okay, I'm not going to spoil it all for any of you guys, but I've seen some of the CS story mode spoilers. And all I got to say is...
Spoiler for not so much a spoiler:

If anyone wants the spoiler I'm talking about, PM me.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-06-28 at 21:17.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360