AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-25, 19:49   Link #181
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm ... might be a few reasons, but my immediate guess is that since the manga is moving along slowly the mangaka wants to get more chapters out before starting up Saki S2 proper.

Achiga-Hen dovetails into Saki some, but also (at least for me and remembering that there are only 5 chapters out thus far) does fairly well standing on it's own as well.

Just guesses on my part though - prolly someone who knows the whole thing better than I could give a more informed opinion.
That makes sense. I wonder, how many volumes did Saki S1 cover anyway? (I think there has been 8 volumes so far.)
Old 2011-12-25, 19:51   Link #182
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... Saki S1 covered up through the middle of Vol 8 afair.

In terms of Volumes out now, I think there are 10 or 11. They are up to ch 91 or so in the manga.
Old 2011-12-25, 19:53   Link #183
Sol Falling

:P I think it's even misinformation to say that it's just cameos; Achiga-hen will almost certainly "cross over" into the main series and become a proper sequel covering part of the main casts' debut into the nationals. We are only 5 chapters in, and Achiga is already at their quarterfinal match in the nationals (i.e. the same match that the main cast in the Saki manga is playing right now). Chronologically speaking, 5 chapters into the side-manga, the anime will already be at a point where they will logically have to "update" the main cast's progress. Frankly, I can't even imagine the "main" Saki story not being a significant part of the new anime unless it is single-cour.

People under the impression that Achiga-hen is/will be an "unrelated side-story" are definitely mistaken. Episode of Side-A is definitely connected to the main story, and all Saki fans should feel compelled to watch the anime.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 20:02   Link #184
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Hmm ... Saki S1 covered up through the middle of Vol 8 afair.

In terms of Volumes out now, I think there are 10 or 11. They are up to ch 91 or so in the manga.
Ok that explains it. We will have to wait until after volume 16 is out for Saki S2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
:P I think it's even misinformation to say that it's just cameos; Achiga-hen will almost certainly "cross over" into the main series and become a proper sequel covering part of the main casts' debut into the nationals. We are only 5 chapters in, and Achiga is already at their quarterfinal match in the nationals (i.e. the same match that the main cast in the Saki manga is playing right now). Chronologically speaking, 5 chapters into the side-manga, the anime will already be at a point where they will logically have to "update" the main cast's progress. Frankly, I can't even imagine the "main" Saki story not being a significant part of the new anime unless it is single-cour.

People under the impression that Achiga-hen is/will be an "unrelated side-story" are definitely mistaken. Episode of Side-A is definitely connected to the main story, and all Saki fans should feel compelled to watch the anime.
So what they are doing is giving more focus on the other teams Saki and company will be facing? Make sense. Actually I think even if its single-cour we would get an update on the original cast's progress.
Old 2011-12-25, 20:12   Link #185
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
:P I think it's even misinformation to say that it's just cameos; Achiga-hen will almost certainly "cross over" into the main series and become a proper sequel covering part of the main casts' debut into the nationals.

We are only 5 chapters in, and Achiga is already at their quarterfinal match in the nationals (i.e. the same match that the main cast in the Saki manga is playing right now).

Chronologically speaking, 5 chapters into the side-manga, the anime will already be at a point where they will logically have to "update" the main cast's progress.

Frankly, I can't even imagine the "main" Saki story not being a significant part of the new anime unless it is single-cour.

Hmm ... and here I was trying not to give out spoilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
....So what they are doing is giving more focus on the other teams Saki and company will be facing? Make sense. Actually I think even if its single-cour we would get an update on the original cast's progress.
Ok - well, Sol Falling's opinions on the extent Achiga-Hen will influence Saki S2 are good ones, but they are still that: just opinions (no offense intended by this btw Sol). The extent of the two manga stories crossing over and into each other is still not clear even in the Achiga-Hen manga. Many think that Kiyosumi and Achiga may face off in the Nationals, and it certainly is possible, but it has not happened yet.

Last edited by Flower; 2011-12-25 at 20:54. Reason: No manga content spoilers in anime threads!
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 20:19   Link #186
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

No mater how much Side-A crosses with Saki, I am still looking forward to it. Anyway there is the possibility that they will add more cross over material to the anime.
Old 2011-12-25, 20:25   Link #187
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's less silly in term of Mahjong, at least up to current chapter compare to Saki. Doesn't mean it's less fun to read, though.
Old 2011-12-25, 20:34   Link #188
Sol Falling

Quote:
Hmm ... and here I was trying not to give out spoilers!

Ok - well, Sol Falling's opinions on the extent Achiga-Hen will influence Saki S2 are good ones, but they are still that: just opinions (no offense intended by this btw Sol). The extent of the two manga stories crossing over and into each other is still not clear even in the Achiga-Hen manga. Many think that Kiyosumi and Achiga may face off in the Nationals, and it certainly is possible, but it has not happened yet.

But that's really basically it for now.
:P Wow, that's actually a lot more specific spoilers than me, man. Actually, what I meant about the Achiga-hen anime "crossing over" was just that they're gonna adapt parts of the main Saki manga for S2 as well, not that the Achiga-hen storyline will explicitly cross over with the main Saki one. And it's true that these are just opinions/speculation. But I'm not really talking about possibilities for the Saki cast to show up in the Achiga-Hen manga; more like possibilities of the Achiga-Hen anime to directly adapt parts of the main Saki storyline, because the Achiga-Hen material will get/is getting far ahead of them at this pace. What I'm thinking is, although there's not enough material in the main Saki manga to make a S2, since there's also actually not so much material to make a full 2-cour series out of Achiga-Hen either (with only 5 chapters out so far, after all), there's a very good chance that S2 of Saki will be a mix of material from both mangas.

(personally, I might suggest putting a lot of those manga-specific details under spoiler tags, at least.)

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2011-12-26 at 01:08. Reason: potential spoilers
Old 2011-12-25, 20:43   Link #189
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Hai! Spoiler tags added!

Am glad my post did not rub you the wrong way, though.
Old 2011-12-25, 20:51   Link #190
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind everyone that spoilers from the manga are not permitted in anime threads, even behind spoiler tags. If you wish to discuss the manga, please go to the manga thread. I realize that we're just talking about "situational" spoilers that explain how the manga is connected to the main franchise, but this too could be considered a forbidden spoiler. So anyway, please, no further.
Old 2011-12-25, 20:53   Link #191
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I want to remind everyone that spoilers from the manga are not permitted in anime threads, even behind spoiler tags. If you wish to discuss the manga, please go to the manga thread. I realize that we're just talking about "situational" spoilers that explain how the manga is connected to the main franchise, but this too could be considered a forbidden spoiler. So anyway, please, no further.
*salutes*

I will go and remove the section I spoiler tagged then....
Old 2011-12-25, 22:30   Link #192
Sol Falling

I guess I should do that too, for parts of my own posts as well. I wasn't sure how far to go, but if what I've left is still too spoilery, let me know.
Old 2011-12-25, 22:32   Link #193
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
I guess I should do that too, for parts of my own posts as well. I wasn't sure how far to go, but if what I've left is still too spoilery, let me know.

We both got in trouble!

Ah well ... live and learn.
Old 2011-12-26, 00:22   Link #194
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Sorry Flower and Sol Falling, I feel kind of bad that I helped kick off the manga spoiler discussion.
Old 2011-12-26, 00:25   Link #195
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Sorry Flower and Sol Falling, I feel kind of bad that I helped kick off the manga spoiler discussion.
Np ... we should have known better!
Old 2011-12-29, 05:51   Link #196
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

http://www.saki-anime.com/movie/index.html

First PV out. Looking good...though whats with all the characters we'll never see?
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 05:57   Link #197
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post

First PV out. Looking good...though whats with all the characters we'll never see?
Looking good!
Old 2011-12-29, 06:00   Link #198
Peanutbutter

Definitely looking good there, the PV. I thought the Achiga-hen artwork may not fit in with the Sakiverse, but looks like it's alright.

Like the only line uttered there. Bring it on!

EDIT: After a few more watches, something feels off. Lack of detail in the hair and overall character design?

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2011-12-29 at 08:11.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 06:25   Link #199
Sol Falling

Quote:

Somehow surprisingly hype-generating. I'm really looking forward to spring.
Old 2011-12-29, 12:58   Link #200
tsunade666

Quote:

Nice! At first I was wonder if they will show how they win their per-eleminary games but they show the nationals so it's a GO!!

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri