AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-11, 01:59   Link #101
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
Okay, this may sound stupid but I have not been a very avid Bleach follower so I am unaware of many minor details but I have to ask. Where are the Vasto Lorde ? In the beginning we were told that a Vasto Lorde's battle capabilities are vastly greater than that of a captain's. But we have yet to see a Vasto Lorde .. right? Or have we already come across them ? They are supposed to be really few in number.

In this arc when they mentioned that hollows were being completely erased I thought maybe Vasto Lorde are eating them up.
Old 2012-02-11, 02:30   Link #102
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

most of them were killed and only a few are still alive.

-Grimmjow's whereabouts are unknown, he wasn't confirmed dead
-Halibel went back to Hueco Mundo w/ her Fraccion
-Szayel is still alive afaik, just sorta frozen in time thanks to Mayuri
-Zommari is still alive I think

don't feel like looking at the data book lol
Old 2012-02-11, 02:39   Link #103
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post

thats what I meant by me being stupid. Can you tell me where it is mentioned that Grimmjow and Halibel were Vasto Lorde ? I can't remember reading that anywhere ....

Ok .. so far I only have confirmation of Halibel being a Vasto Lorde class Hollow. Grimjjow was an Adjuchas.

Last edited by LeoThugs; 2012-02-11 at 02:54. Reason: New Info
Old 2012-02-11, 02:56   Link #104
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoThugs View Post
thats what I meant by me being stupid. Can you tell me where it is mentioned that Grimmjow and Halibel were Vasto Lorde ? I can't remember reading that anywhere .....
It was never mentioned in the manga. Kubo answered the question himself in one of the databooks
Appaernlty "most" of Aizen's espada were Vasto Lorde's. Unfortunately Kubo allowed himself to be perfectly vague on exactly which espada were VL
Old 2012-02-11, 03:04   Link #105
Mateus

I feel stupid about this too - did I miss something where Sun-Sun, Mila Rose & Apache were all resurrected from the dead, or did this happen off-screen/in a data book?
Old 2012-02-11, 03:36   Link #106
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I feel stupid about this too - did I miss something where Sun-Sun, Mila Rose & Apache were all resurrected from the dead, or did this happen off-screen/in a data book?
Databooks...
Old 2012-02-11, 10:25   Link #107
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
what Slayerx said, Yama-ji never killed them, just a "light scorching" as he put it.
Old 2012-02-11, 10:47   Link #108
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoThugs View Post
thats what I meant by me being stupid. Can you tell me where it is mentioned that Grimmjow and Halibel were Vasto Lorde ? I can't remember reading that anywhere ....

Ok .. so far I only have confirmation of Halibel being a Vasto Lorde class Hollow. Grimjjow was an Adjuchas.
reread chapter 197. the last few pages infer that they all are vasto lordes. it's really not an issue worth putting a lot of time into thinking about since you'll never find a cut and dry answer where someone in the manga says that each character is one. this is the closest it comes and if people want to say that it doesn't prove they are VL then you need to also think that the manga makes no sense since that is clearly the implication in that chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Databooks...
that's dumb. they clearly died... I guess being 'burned to a crisp' by yama jii isn't quite enough to kill a fraccion class arrancar. ...dumb
Old 2012-02-11, 11:39   Link #109
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:

you have a data book! i want one of em so bad!
It hasent been translated yet to english yet tho

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2012-02-11, 11:47   Link #110
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
you have a data book! i want one of em so bad!
It hasent been translated yet to english yet tho
Buy Color Bleach!!!!!
It has a databook

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
reread chapter 197. the last few pages infer that they all are vasto lordes. it's really not an issue worth putting a lot of time into thinking about since you'll never find a cut and dry answer where someone in the manga says that each character is one. this is the closest it comes and if people want to say that it doesn't prove they are VL then you need to also think that the manga makes no sense since that is clearly the implication in that chapter

that's dumb. they clearly died... I guess being 'burned to a crisp' by yama jii isn't quite enough to kill a fraccion class arrancar. ...dumb
But the only one that actually burned away was Allon the others were just shot away to never land
Tia just fell after getting slashed.

Anyway doesn't matter if it amkes sense to Kubo after all it isn't real logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Yea couldn't get any more obvious than that but then it could maybe mean it's the "Final Arc" of this Thousand Year Blood War and not the Bleach story, we've had bad trolling before might as well be prepared to roll with the punches

Gave the chapter another read to see if my thoughts would change but still not liking the 2 new reapers, I'm actuially dreading what they will bring to the table during the course of this arc.
I'm guessing we'll some arse pull "bad ass" moments from them at some point but don't think I'll bring myself to care, really don't like em at all.
Maybe the first characters I actually hate in Bleach.
Never really hated anyone before, more just "I don't really care".
You guys really need to stop it says it in the chapter literally on the cover and on the wallpaper sketch with the quincies and Ichigo on it saying the final holy war

now maybe Bleach will have a part two but with rankings, story mode, and all the info given unless they do a next generation thing Bleach is over
Old 2012-02-11, 12:55   Link #111
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Buy Color Bleach!!!!!
But the only one that actually burned away was Allon the others were just shot away to never land
Tia just fell after getting slashed.

Anyway doesn't matter if it amkes sense to Kubo after all it isn't real logic
I guess what I find mostly dumb about it is yamamoto's logic. he's dealing with powerful hollow here, so why not kill them? that's the shinigami's job and he's not exactly a merciful character. it makes absolutely no sense to me why he would leave any hollow he fights alive.
Old 2012-02-11, 13:21   Link #112
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
I guess what I find mostly dumb about it is yamamoto's logic. he's dealing with powerful hollow here, so why not kill them? that's the shinigami's job and he's not exactly a merciful character. it makes absolutely no sense to me why he would leave any hollow he fights alive.
He maybe didn't intend to leave them alive he proably thought they were dead like we all did. If read how it happened in the databook there all mostly alive thank to Orihime mercy
Old 2012-02-11, 14:02   Link #113
Slayerx

Quote:
Sometimes i wounder if, in his attempts to make antagonists that are more sympathetic, kubo has forgotten that hollows are, by their very nature, cannibalistic, soul eating monsters that are driven by an insatiable desire to feed... And Also that purifying hollows (that were not evil in life) would actually allow them to move on to a better life in Soul society... it rather removes any kind of logical, practical, or even moralistic reason not to kill them. Really the only time it might NOT be a completely good thing to kill a hollow is if they were either evil in life (though these hollows are likely to be the LEAST likely to be sympathetic), or if you killed them in some other manner other than using a zanpakuto.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2012-02-11 at 14:19.
Old 2012-02-11, 15:02   Link #114
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Yama-ji could have slaughtered them like he did their pet, yet he didn't. He did just enough damage to take them out of the fight. He let them off easy out of respect for attacking him when they only had one arm.

All right, that's enough off-topicness...
Old 2012-02-11, 15:04   Link #115
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
You guys really need to stop it says it in the chapter literally on the cover and on the wallpaper sketch with the quincies and Ichigo on it saying the final holy war

now maybe Bleach will have a part two but with rankings, story mode, and all the info given unless they do a next generation thing Bleach is over
Stop what, the sarcasm?
Nah can't be doing that, I've invested too much time and money into this series and now since it's kinda gone to pot(not bad per say just worse than how it started off) I need something to do while I still continue on pouring my lifeforce and money into this.
Just a fyi I bought the manga tanks for this when I thought it was good and I'll most likely continue just for the sake of completing my collection.
Kubo should count himself lucky, he doesn't get the scorn and anger that I have for Oh (so NOT) Great One and Air Gear.
But he will recieve my ridicule from time to time, the series just seems to warrant it to a degree now a days, like as I've said before he's really dropped the ball with these 2 new reapers.

Oh and in case it's missed in my previous post I was jesting at the Kubo trolling us......or was I?!
Like I said couldn't get any more obvious.
Just like how we all knew Ichigo was gonna jump in to save the day, nothing quite like making a timely hero's entrance.
Old 2012-02-11, 15:08   Link #116
kitten320

Quote:

So Halibel is alive? At least some good news.
Old 2012-02-11, 18:38   Link #117
Alchemist007
*Author

I think there was even an anime ep about her returning to HM.
Old 2012-02-11, 20:12   Link #118
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

ummm im not sure if you've heard yet but a certain manga provider that a large numer of us use (i wont say there name just there initials) that go by MS arnt allowed to post bleach and and a long list of other JUMP series (probably all of em tbh) anymore. not quite sure what to do now.......... *goes and annoying pesters ShadyVox on Skype*

Old 2012-02-11, 21:37   Link #119
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
ummm im not sure if you've heard yet but a certain manga provider that a large numer of us use (i wont say there name just there initials) that go by MS arnt allowed to post bleach and and a long list of other JUMP series (probably all of em tbh) anymore. not quite sure what to do now.......... *goes and annoying pesters ShadyVox on Skype*
...well shit

Spoiler for image:

I still have one source left...for the time being
Old 2012-02-11, 21:44   Link #120
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
...well shit

Spoiler for image:

I still have one source left...for the time being
i have 0 now!
im not allowed to askfor help on these forums (one of the rules) so i'll bitch about it thats what these forums are for right?

Closed Thread