AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-05, 22:58   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kujibiki Unbalance the TV series

Media Blasters have announced the license for Kujibiki Unbalance at Anime Expo 2007.

Kujibiki Unbalance was produced by MFI, therefore we didn't list fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is licensed, the following posts are not allowed.
  • Asking where you can find Kujibiki Unbalance downloads or torrents.
  • Providing links to Kujibiki Unbalance downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Kujibiki Unbalance fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Kujibiki Unbalance.
  • Asking for playback help for Kujibiki Unbalance episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)

Genre: Comedy, Love-Romance, Parody, School Life

Expected Release Date: October 2006

There are a three episode OVA series for this title already and it was fun to watch the detective/parody. The only unsatisfying thing about the OVA was the lenght of the series, so I am excited when it was announced there would be a TV series. Anyway, the synopsis of the show as taken from animenfo.
Everyone is decided by "lot" at Rikkyoin High School. At the school, the alumni become members of politics, important business people command the school, and the power of the student council surpasses every limit of power on campus and the Japan.

This story is about Enomoto Chihiro who is chosen by lot as the next term's student council leader. He must endure rigid education in the way of finance by the current student council until he takes over. Love is the record of his hardships!
Will be looking forward to this one!

Last edited by xris; 2007-07-02 at 18:08.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 23:19   Link #2
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Well, I'm not too keen on this one since they seem to have totally ruined some of the characters.
CelesAurivern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 23:39   Link #3
ImperialPanda

Hmm I dunno. I've always thought that its appearance in Genshiken was to fill the role of a cliche harem anime...

It was funny in that sense. But standalone... -_-;
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 02:19   Link #4
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda
Hmm I dunno. I've always thought that its appearance in Genshiken was to fill the role of a cliche harem anime...

It was funny in that sense. But standalone... -_-;
I agree... based on the high praise, detailed comments and extreme scrutiny the cast of Genshiken put "their favorite show" through, it'd be difficult (and somewhat pointless) to create a show as fascinating, well scripted, animated and directed as the series described in the Manga. Anything less than amazing would be unfaithful and cause it to fall flat on it's face from the first ep! It also is totally ridiculous to alter the designs of the chara, which seems to be the case, as it ruins the whole alternative universe aspect of the thing... The chara WE see should be the SAME the cast of Genshiken watched... I mean, here we would be watching in real life, an anime that was a pretend part of a pretend world to begin with!

OY! It makes my brain hurt...
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 03:22   Link #5
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, when watching Genshiken it seemed like an anime parody more than anything... Not so sure how great it will be on its own.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 16:21   Link #6
Likely

i actually just watched genshiken for the first time over the weekend, and instantly fell in love. so naturally instead of this KU series id prefer genshiken season 2. by the way, are they both made by the same person?
Likely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 23:10   Link #7
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

I'll check this out, but I'd rather they make a full blown second season of Genshiken. They've got enough material to do another thirteen episodes.
The Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 05:16   Link #8
Entrail

I would prefer another season of Genshiken as well, but I think KU can become a great show. I already like the characters because of the Genshiken show so I'm really looking foreward to this series.
Entrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 21:12   Link #9
ImperialPanda

I agree the characters are good. Ritsuko and Kisaragi are fairly interesting in their own right. But the story, on the other hand, isn't terribly inspiring. And that's were I see things just falling flat.

If Kujian eps 24/25 wasn't a parody I'd probably have hated it. (can't remember which eps exactly, the competition one)
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 21:21   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I remember talking about this one with-in the second season Genshiken thread. ^^;;

I'm very much looking forward to the new Kuji, though i'm still in love with the original art style.. wish they would have used that. ;_;
Old 2006-08-09, 00:24   Link #11
Likely

this upcoming series just continues to boggle my poor mind. genshiken is only about 10 times more enjoyable to watch than KU, yet they are going forward with KU.
Likely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 23:29   Link #12
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

hmmm. i dont think i like where this is headed.

they really seem to have changed the mushroom girl akiyama tokiko. I cant say its for the better either. it appears there's going to be a large development in their love relationship.
i think most of the fans want to see his development with the president, and maybe some promiscuity among the other girls but i dont think the mushroom girl and the boy should start a relationship.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 23:37   Link #13
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I am skeptical of Kujian as well. Can it really perform in the midst of this really competitive anime season? Alot of bigname titles are returning to this season so it has to be somehow live up to the hype from Genshiken or it'll be buried under a pile of snow... (pun intended)

and after looking at the trailer I am still not totally sold on it given the differences that exists from this to the cast of Kujian1.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-09-21 at 23:56.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 23:50   Link #14
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
(MFI) Kujibiki Unbalance (2006)

<remove topic or edit title please, forgot that this an MFI series>

What did ya'll think of the trailer?

Last edited by Starks; 2006-09-22 at 00:02.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 02:59   Link #15
cynicalicious
I like pie.

I haven't been keeping up with this one, so I have to admit that when I saw the trailer, I went "Huh?!?" at the changes they made to it. Lots of changes made... some pretty drastic. I'm going to try to keep an open mind in spite of my initial reactions to the changes, though.

I'm sure some people won't be happy, but there's no pleasing everyone.

I wonder if they've changed the way the competition is done, since some of the characters are just given names without introductions as to what office they are running for. (Yamada, Izumi, and Komaki, it seems. And where are Izumi's goggles?)

I can see that putting Renko on the same team as Chihiro and Tokino should make things livelier, but Chihiro as the Presidential candidate? Interesting. No mushrooms sighted, either. Dang.

But since Nonaka Ai is doing Tokino's voice, I'm not going to worry too much about it. I leave the wailing and gnashing of teeth for others.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 03:50   Link #16
eggplant
Eggplant

Besides the changes in character designs, I was pretty miffed at the changes for the seiyuus, although re-assembling such an all-star cast would have been difficult.

Not to say that the current lineup are pushoffs, but I suppose those OVAs spoiled me a bit.

Of course, another season of Genshiken would have been great, but I have this gut feeling the producers wanted to push the anime to do a tie-up with the upcoming PS2 game.

Works for me as long as the mushroom faction is kept.

Cast: sitting l to r: Koshimizu Ami (Ritsuko Kübel Kettenkrad), Takimoto Fujiko (Enomoto Chihiro), Nonaka Ai (Akiyama Tokino)
Standing l to r: Kojima Kauzko (Asagiri Koyuki), Yukana (Kisaragi Kasumi), Takagi Reiko (Risa Humvee), Nishihara Kumiko (Kamishakujii Renko).

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 07:00   Link #17
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
As I said in another thread:

Kujian is being directed by Mizushima Tsutomu? Interesting. Though his newer stuff fails to compare to the brilliant Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu, learning that he is the director has upped my interest of Kujian TV TENFOLD. We may be in for the funniest anime of the season, and with him directing it won't be a straightforward high school romance. Yahoo!
Old 2006-09-22, 07:04   Link #18
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Some of the character designs, I actually like. Tokino looks better this time around, but I really miss Prez with her untied hair and long skirt. T_T

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 07:07   Link #19
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Things that need to be kept in:

Mushroom-Penis Theory
The aliens

Things that are apparently already lost:

Komaki's scarf
Izumi's gambling and tomboy attitude
Chihiro's antenna
Old 2006-09-22, 11:06   Link #20
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Komaki still has her scarf on in the trailer, but what's up with those glasses?

So if I'm reading correctly, there isn't a competition for the student council seats? Ah, nuts. I was kind of looking forward to seeing at least a shortened version of the competition in the OVA. Komaki telling the horror stories was one of my favorite scenes.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote