Notices

Old 2008-10-26, 19:27   Link #4661
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

tempest, your lucky anyone even cares about your fan fics =\
Old 2008-10-26, 19:28   Link #4662
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I care, I read almost everything if I am bored XD.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 19:36   Link #4663
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I ment that in a good way..
Old 2008-10-26, 19:53   Link #4664
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Kyero, you're just jealous

admit it

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 20:03   Link #4665
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*bops Magin on the noggin*

So, write about something different, Kyero.
Old 2008-10-26, 20:06   Link #4666
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam

I like Tempest's fic...

But I'd like to see what you could come up with too, Kyero.
Old 2008-10-26, 20:06   Link #4667
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

why bother? no one gives a shit. I'm Jealous and annoyed. I'm not good at writing fan fics that include female characters, i suck at doing female roles.

now Im going to go play Dead Space..... so expect me to come back real soon with wet pants...

my fan fics usualy have my OC getting together with one of the girl characters, which people don't like that, Specialy with Mizore...

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2008-10-26 at 20:22.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 20:58   Link #4668
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... that last part is probably because there's way too Mizore fanatics around here who want Mizore for themselves as well

And besides, probably the worst thing about your fics is perhaps the pacing... you need to slow down the scene a little, and put in more description

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 21:01   Link #4669
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
why bother? no one gives a shit. I'm Jealous and annoyed. I'm not good at writing fan fics that include female characters, i suck at doing female roles.

now Im going to go play Dead Space..... so expect me to come back real soon with wet pants...

my fan fics usualy have my OC getting together with one of the girl characters, which people don't like that, Specialy with Mizore...
Where is your fanfic? Send me a link.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 21:10   Link #4670
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

When Iam at my break or sometimes not busy or doing something I read fanfics to kill time also. I copy paste them in wordpad and save them then read them later whenever someone posts.
Old 2008-10-26, 21:13   Link #4671
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I didn't post the Fan Fic, just a Plot summary,

OC/fanfic stuff
Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-26, 21:52   Link #4672
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Look, I'm not too keen on stuff like this but, if you seriously want to become a better writer - READ. I was lucky - I came into the anime scene when Ranma 1/2, and Sailor Moon were the big ones and they nearly as many fanfiction as Naruto seems to have... And since I was in highschool, there were some GREAT fanfiction writers that I followed during that time - they helped me a lot in structuring paragraphs, narrative flow, a COHESIVE PLOT , and most importantly, giving me the passion to continue what they had done with fanfiction - GOOD fanfiction. Granted, I'm not nearly as big as they were comparatively speaking, but maybe next year. lol

Only problem is, I don't know what you like to read...

About OCs - OC's are by nature, very tricky. They are 'hit-or-miss' characters - either the reader likes them or doesn't like them. So actually, the trick is not so much to get the targeted female character to like the OC, but to get the reader to like to OC enough to say, "hn, okay I can see her with him now". The reader should already know the female character(s) well enough but they hardly know anything about the OC. What really turns a reader off form an OC is if they do 'character bashing' - as in 'smacking sense' into the present male lead with knowledge that is usually only privy to us as fans. Making a character, putting them into a story and having them 'making everything right' according to the author's whims, is generally regarded as the worst among fanfiction. Good authors know not to re-write a certain 'verse' just to suit them/ an OC - those that do most likely doing it just for crack pairings that have no real basis to them in the first place.

Gah, getting off on a tangent there... Anyway, it's not that people do not want to support your writing efforts, Kyero...but the character you made is not someone that we can readily accept. Because, for me, it feels as if you've replaced Moka and Tsukune for your OC Kyero as the story lead. For me, that is an ancient taboo(circa 1998) that was taught to me to NEVER do in a fanfiction involving an OC. This was also further hammered in as I was also in anime RPG groups when I was younger, but I digress.
I suggest that you re-evaluate just why you created Kyero in the first place - was it to make a good Rosario+Vampire story? or was it to make Rosario+Vampire into a good story for you?

Self-insertion fanfics are an almost guarrenteed 'no-read'. They are just wishful dreams of rabid fanboys/girls to be with their favorite character (even though said character would NEVER go for their type in the first place) and basically act out their fantasies....yeah, you got that sick feeling too, right? That's why no one reads them - who wants to read about what someone has potential wetdreams about at night? The way you've presented your character so far is VERY close to that of an self-insertion fic.

...now that 'Writing Fanfiction 101' is now over....
Old 2008-10-26, 22:53   Link #4673
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

No he doesn't replace them, hes a side character like Gin, but more of a peice of the plot to advance than a main character.

and I knew OC's were hated. But whos gonna stop me from having fun with making them? Whats so bad about my OC? Except the fact that you belive hes replacing people. You have OC's too, yet people still read it.. well some but some is better than none

Also like I said, I suck at writing stuff for female characters. I have a problem with being a female character.

EDIT: of course, How could I be so stupid.... of Course a small summary might make it seem like my character is tryin to steal the spot light.
Old 2008-10-26, 23:51   Link #4674
Vikitehwaffu

Quote:
No he doesn't replace them, hes a side character like Gin, but more of a peice of the plot to advance than a main character.

and I knew OC's were hated. But whos gonna stop me from having fun with making them? Whats so bad about my OC? Except the fact that you belive hes replacing people. You have OC's too, yet people still read it.. well some but some is better than none

Also like I said, I suck at writing stuff for female characters. I have a problem with being a female character.

EDIT: of course, How could I be so stupid.... of Course a small summary might make it seem like my character is tryin to steal the spot light.
Even if you aren't replacing the main characters, having OC's take a huge role is tricky at best. People aren't reading Rosario fanfics for your OC's, they are reading for Tsukune, Moka, Mizore, etc. Otherwise, it feels disappointing and awkward like the other poster said.

Also, you are naming the character after yourself, which makes it a self insert. Why make the self insert such a big character with a tragic past? That calls too much attention to him.

Nobody is stopping you from writing your stories. But after being put on the internet, people will read, criticize, flame, admire, love, adore your work because you put it out there.

Why are you hooking up your OC with Mizore? Why does your story call for it? Is it because you like her the most? With the names being the same, it feels too much like wish fantasy writing which few people like to read.

Putting that aside, why would she like him? What aspects would draw Mizore towards him besides Tsukune dumping her for Moka? Can your OC even be interesting as a friend to her?

Quote:
moka's sister informs Kyero that he is just a Failed expirement. No Real Parents, No memories, No reason to live, nothing.
Why would Moka's sister care? She is all about inner Moka.

As a former fanfic writer and critic, I personally hated using/reading OC's and have problems with dialogue. I have seen OC's used well though. I am not trying to be mean towards your work, but you said you were jealous and wish people liked your works more and I am helping you.

Guide's on OC's:

http://oddlots.digitalspace.net/gues...nalcharas.html

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4468720/...nal_Characters

http://alswaiter.codedaemon.com/LOTR/Help/howto.htm
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 23:57   Link #4675
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler:

EDIT: I'ma put all that in spoiler

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2008-10-27 at 00:12.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 00:10   Link #4676
Vikitehwaffu

Quote:
Not Kokoa lol, the new one that appears =\

I call all my OC's Kyero except for multipul ones of the same Anime, I hook up Kyero to mizore because hes Fire and she's Ice. that and shes my fav female character

I don't even want to go into details, I'll just be shot down by OC Haters.
Honestly, that's even worse, the fire/ice contrasts are cool etc. Mizore needs to suck on lolipops to regulate her coolness in her body. That's lethal to her. That's pretty uncomfortable at best because your character is fire. Even if he stays in human form for a while and controls fire, can a person really hide who they really are for their entire life and not resent their loved one? It's fine at the school because of policy, but what about after?
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 00:14   Link #4677
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
Honestly, that's even worse, the fire/ice contrasts are cool etc. Mizore needs to suck on lolipops to regulate her coolness in her body. That's lethal to her. That's pretty uncomfortable at best because your character is fire. Even if he stays in human form for a while and controls fire, can a person really hide who they really are for their entire life and not resent their loved one? It's fine at the school because of policy, but what about after?
read the EDIT
Old 2008-10-27, 01:18   Link #4678
Zenobian
Paladin

Hiya guys, just joined these forums, and I'm a big fan of the series, just thought I say hi. Oh, I'm love all the girls, but Mizore is my #1 <3
Zenobian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 06:07   Link #4679
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

... Another 'popsicle' joins us... lol That's what I'm gonna call all the Mizore fans from now on - Popsicles.
Old 2008-10-27, 06:21   Link #4680
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenobian View Post
Hiya guys, just joined these forums, and I'm a big fan of the series, just thought I say hi. Oh, I'm love all the girls, but Mizore is my #1 <3
Woot, another lover of the beauty of the frozen north. (b '_')b
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire