AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-12, 06:48   Link #61
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
^

Howling + Tsukiakari
Perfect marriage, 'nuff said.
Old 2009-11-26, 05:19   Link #62
qxrt

There's a certain song I like, but I cannot find it on any OST...it wasn't on the original 20-track OST, and I don't think I've heard it from what I've heard of the new tracks released with the Blu-ray...

In season 1 episode 11, right in the middle of the episode when Nick takes Hei stargazing, there is a beautiful piano piece playing in the background. Anyone know if that song was ever released? If not, then
Old 2009-11-26, 06:00   Link #63
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by qxrt View Post
There's a certain song I like, but I cannot find it on any OST...it wasn't on the original 20-track OST, and I don't think I've heard it from what I've heard of the new tracks released with the Blu-ray...

In season 1 episode 11, right in the middle of the episode when Nick takes Hei stargazing, there is a beautiful piano piece playing in the background. Anyone know if that song was ever released? If not, then
It could be in the 5.1 OST. Lemme check.

EDIT: orz, you're right, I don't remember hearing this from the 5.1 release O.O

Last edited by forgottendiary; 2009-11-26 at 11:02.
Old 2009-11-26, 08:01   Link #64
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Can't believe I can't stop listening to Tsukiakari no michishirube..my friend called my crazy when he found out I was listening to it non-stop for a week

I noticed that the song's atmosphere between season 1 and 2 seems different. Well, they did changed the composer for it, but...for some reasons, I also like it >w< I wonder if they have released an album for it..

Old 2009-11-26, 13:49   Link #65
qxrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
It could be in the 5.1 OST. Lemme check.

EDIT: orz, you're right, I don't remember hearing this from the 5.1 release O.O
Aw...thanks. Now how to find this piece? I'm not giving up yet!
Old 2009-11-26, 15:20   Link #66
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

Having recently rewatched the first series, everytime I hear the start of the Season 2 ED I can only think of the chorus from Don Henley's "New York Minute".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13EmZPrMvWg#t=0m6s
And
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDjWOwFTTAM#t=1m50s

I swear to god once i heard the similarity I couldn't... 'Unhear' it. I went through most of the second series with Don Henley singing in my head every time it got to the ED >_<

Last edited by Seraphis; 2009-11-27 at 22:23.
Old 2009-11-27, 16:02   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Can't believe I can't stop listening to Tsukiakari no michishirube..my friend called my crazy when he found out I was listening to it non-stop for a week I noticed that the song's atmosphere between season 1 and 2 seems different. Well, they did changed the composer for it, but...for some reasons, I also like it >w< I wonder if they have released an album for it.
Not sure if a maxi-single will do, but there is one with this song, two other songs, and an instrumental version of this song. One version of the CD includes a DVD with another music video. You can get it through CD Japan.

They have only one album out so far, issued last June. I made a blog post about the group, with some embedded music videos and more info.

By the way, if you're crazy, so am I.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-11-30, 03:18   Link #68
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
Yeah,it is very familiar @_@
I'm dead certain they took it from somewhere else. I listened to this melody so many times before that it instantly hit me when I first listened to this DtB OP. The damn thing is that I cant remember from which song it is, and it's irritating the hell out of me
Old 2009-11-30, 08:28   Link #69
xKeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
I'm dead certain they took it from somewhere else. I listened to this melody so many times before that it instantly hit me when I first listened to this DtB OP. The damn thing is that I cant remember from which song it is, and it's irritating the hell out of me
Heh,I think its probably a chinese song? The FMP and Pandora Hearts opening are also very familiar.Talked about this in episode 6,
Spoiler for :
and in episode 8 when
Spoiler for :
is good! It suits the mood and maybe,suou herself xD

Credits to Pellissier~
Old 2009-12-02, 11:12   Link #70
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Ok. the OST will be out for december 23..... i cant wait to listen "Hei`s Song" full version
Old 2009-12-02, 13:45   Link #71
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Can't wait for the ED single actually. But some sounds in RNG are quite good.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-12-04, 21:35   Link #72
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Loved Hei's techno in episode nine, it's the kind of music that assures you that SOMETHING is gonna happen and it'd better be big.
Old 2009-12-05, 18:01   Link #73
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

Just want to say I've really enjoyed the background music for the actions scenes this series. For me they have matched what's going on onscreen perfectly.
Old 2009-12-05, 18:04   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Loved Hei's techno in episode nine, it's the kind of music that assures you that SOMETHING is gonna happen and it'd better be big.
Yeah it's a really fitting piece, and has worked the few times it's been used.
Old 2009-12-07, 00:21   Link #75
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

From dusk 'till dawn PV is out via YT. Thanks, dear4life for the heads up @ the LJ DTB comm!
Old 2009-12-16, 02:12   Link #76
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Just listened to From Dusk till Dawn full version...
A good song by Abingdon Boys School...

A very good choice from BONES for this show's OP and ED...
Old 2009-12-19, 18:41   Link #77
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Compared to the first season's OPs, the OP in the second season is way too cheesy and unfitting. The series is suppose to be dark and hard boiled but I can't believe they made it just to match Suou's role in the story.
Old 2009-12-24, 14:14   Link #78
Battler-kun

Well, if you consider the magical shojou theme.... it's not that unfitting.....

The first episodes of season 1 were really "dark", so the very first opening was perfect.
Old 2009-12-26, 11:40   Link #79
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

There's something about this song that keeps me from playing another song. It's just that good.

I can't wait for DtB S2 OST!
Old 2009-12-26, 17:02   Link #80
Battler-kun

I don't expect much from S2 OST.....

Btw, for conclusions:

Best opening for DtB: Howling
Best ending for DtB: From Dusk till Dawn
Closed Thread