AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-02, 03:17   Link #981
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
HERPDERP, my bad. It might be Hildr, but I think that's SMGs.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 03:42   Link #982
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
HERPDERP, my bad. It might be Hildr, but I think that's SMGs.
Hildr is SMG's.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 13:22   Link #983
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Dammit, what is it, then?
Old 2010-11-02, 23:04   Link #984
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I find the Hildr SMG to be pretty nifty - in the hands of a Shocktrooper with good accuraccy, like Zeri, the relative lack of power (20 per shot, vs 37 for the Mags-F) is compensated by tighter groupings, allowing more consistent headshots. You won't kill anyone on return fire during the enemy phase, but it's an Awesome But Practical weapon for attacking.

Unless the enemy's taking cover behind sandbags, but that's what the flamethrower's for...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 00:12   Link #985
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Actually, one of the higher-end Hildrs has considerable punch, rifle accuracy and range, plus a 30-round mag. OP Much?
Old 2010-11-03, 06:44   Link #986
Solecs

Just made it to September, and I've got to say:

Spoiler for plot:

That aside, finally got all the character missions out of the way and everybody up to their first class changes. Don't know if I'll do the same for the next tier. I think I'll just stick with my favorites for the rest of the game since there's nothing new for the story.

Not sure what direction I'm going to go with Avan yet. I like him as a scout because of high HP, but I could use another trooper. I'm starting to use scouts as actual scouts instead of my main attack force since they are beginning to lack in stopping power.

Last edited by Solecs; 2010-11-03 at 08:25.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 13:20   Link #987
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Well, if I may suggest this, some of the more potent rifles (the Gallian-D series in particular) might allow them to serve as mainliners once again, as well as the Gallian-S series (which themselves are almost straight upgrades on the regular weapons - longer range, and from about 4-5 onward, they have more punch).
Old 2010-11-04, 13:34   Link #988
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
Well, if I may suggest this, some of the more potent rifles (the Gallian-D series in particular) might allow them to serve as mainliners once again, as well as the Gallian-S series (which themselves are almost straight upgrades on the regular weapons - longer range, and from about 4-5 onward, they have more punch).
I'm generally less worried about a Scout's stopping power so much as their staying power.
Old 2010-11-05, 09:56   Link #989
Solecs

I just noticed that the next tier up of rifles, such as the Gallian-D and Rowen rifles, have 7 shots instead of 5 which helps a lot. I've got Avan running as a heavy scout and that's working out pretty well, always been a big fan of the launcher. Staying power is also an issue, but I usually try to take out major threats before hand or keep my scouts out of reach.

Just getting into the 3rd tier of classes and I wasn't expecting the upgrade to be quite so drastic. I didn't think they'd get whole new weapons. Semi-auto sniper rifle? Yes please. Also, is the heavy gunner any good? And by that I mean better than the gunner elite. Most of the enemy heavy gunners I've encountered have been pretty useless and couldn't hit worth anything. I've got Zeri as a gunner elite right now, and he's pretty much tearing it up.
Old 2010-11-05, 11:26   Link #990
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Heavy Gunners are actually pretty potent, especially on defense. They have less shots than Gunner Elites, but pack much more punch and tend to dump their clip much faster into the target (Hint: most Heavy Gunner weapons are Miniguns), and can take much more of a beating, but they go about as fast as lancers. Basically, Heavy Weapons Guys.

They quite nicely chew up any enemies that attempt to rush the flag, and they (like most gunners) can chew up AVTs in about half a clip up close. Great for supporting fire, as well.

EDIT: Also, Baldren's MG is called the Muspell.
Old 2010-11-20, 02:32   Link #991
Solecs

Finally finished the game the other day. Overall it was pretty good, the only real complaint I can throw at it was that the home stretch felt kind of tedious. Maybe just the volume of missions available is what did that. I felt like I was forcing myself to complete the non-story missions.

As for the ending:
Spoiler for plot:

On a side note, I like the little bits they sprinkled in the game that referenced characters from VC1. None of them were involved in the main plot, but it was a nice nod to players of the first game.
Old 2010-11-25, 23:13   Link #992
Owlette

Okay. I almost finish with the VC2 game. Only three more left months to go.

I'm not sure if I should censor this or not, so I use spoiler tag. It's better than nothing.

Spoiler for my opinion on Valkyria Chronicles 2:

Not much to say... I may come back and post it for some more opinion after I complete the game.
Owlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 22:23   Link #993
christinemarie
Crazy One

The only problem with the game it has no difficult level setting or at least they should make rank A as the passing mark, if you get below that, the mission is failed.

Next attempt on the game before VC3's released.

Try beating the game without codes, use of Aliasse is not allowed, job change, increasing the level is not allowed, and within 12 hours limit, it would be worth the effort. (at least you are allowed to use 1CP Light Tank.)
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 01:41   Link #994
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Gah, I've swapped out my VC2 for Peace Walker after I've been having a bit of trouble with the April missions.

I'll come back to it eventually but VC2 doesn't do much for me sadly. I'm hoping VC3 comes back to it's origins more as I am a die hard fan of the original.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 22:32   Link #995
Snowman24

Yay!! I got a PSP for Christmas!! But Truth be told, I knew that I was getting one since Late October, early November. So, to be nice, I resisted buying one myself, so my parents would be happy, lol :P

Now that I have one, the next step to to buy Valkyria Chronicles 2 and start playing it. I'm also ready for 3 when it comes out
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 17:32   Link #996
jwai

I finished the game a while ago, and unlocked all of the main classmates, but I'm still missing two events from the yearbook. I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

Also, what's the best way to grind out the Phoenix potential?

Last edited by jwai; 2011-01-03 at 03:24.
Old 2011-01-03, 12:25   Link #997
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
I finished the game a while ago, and unlocked all of the main classmates, but I'm still missing two events from the yearbook. I'm not sure what I'm missing here.
Much blood and tears.

There should be a scene, after you unlock most of the missions, where Brixy laments the lack of funding to fix the school and Avan offers to raise the funds--a whopping ten million ducats, IIRC. When you have the ducats and fork them over, you'll unlock the last two events.
WordShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 19:48   Link #998
ThienThan

If anyone is having trouble or would just like to play to farm/complete missions, I'll gladly help you on Ad Hoc Party ;D PSN ThienThan
Old 2011-01-27, 07:41   Link #999
jwai

What classes do you guys suggest for particular characters?

I find setting Chloe and Lotte as Scout Elites to be a no-brainer, as that potentially gives them the most movement in the whole game.

Lynn is pretty awesome as Commando, and Cosette is surprisingly good at killing stuff after getting the Beautiful World potential. The Double Attack potential comes close, but most of the time, there won't be any new targets to shoot, as you've probably killed everything within reach. As you might see, I find anything that allows for more kills per CP to be a good thing.

I don't find AT Snipers to be particularly great most of the time, as they are only any good against light vehicles, and can't dislodge targets behind cover like Sniper Elites can.

I've seen little reason to pick Trooper Elite over Commando, and as such, nearly all of my Troopers are the latter. However, Heavy Gunners do have a place in the harder post-endgame missions.

There is very little reason to go with the Tech classes (ie. not Fencer or Mauler) other than for getting the potentials. Techs don't do a lot of damage, and I don't see how the AI or anyone else could get suckered into moving onto land mines, other than carelessness.

Anthem Corps is kinda cute, but that's about it. However, their potentials are quite good.
Old 2011-01-27, 08:21   Link #1000
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Anthem Corps is kinda cute, but that's about it. However, their potentials are quite good.
Late game, I needed their buffs like I needed Orders in the first game to get As. Their late instruments buff multiple people in multiple things, and are great for setting up for a push.

Or right before settling down to defend an Enemy Phase.