Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 10:35   Link #21
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
NOM vs NOM for the irony, eh? Seems fitting, somehow.

Also, thanks to this image, I now can't get the image of an F-22 in custom colors soloing a horde of BETA, and surviving, all set to Megalith - Agnus Dei.
Mobius 1 engaging.

Galm 1 engaging

Garuda 1 engaging

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 11:01   Link #22
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Mine's later, in 2001. That guy who's to lead a squad into Johor, get a down pilot and get out.

Guys, guns, and grenades, against Soldiers and Tanks being podded in by catapult BETA classes north of the Thai-Malaysia border.

Air cover is getting shot down by a Laser that managed to land.

Not going to end well.
Kha, Beta are currently in South Thailand. How, exactly, did they suddenly jump emerge in Johor, which is quite far away, especially with the Australian and Philippine Navies are preventing BETA from breaking out from Vietnam?

Now, if you can answer that without too much handwavium, you're off to a good start. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Mobius 1 engaging.

Galm 1 engaging

Garuda 1 engaging

No love for Razgriz or Gryphus?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 12:01   Link #23
LystAP

Quote:
Kha, Beta are currently in South Thailand. How, exactly, did they suddenly jump emerge in Johor, which is quite far away, especially with the Australian and Philippine Navies are preventing BETA from breaking out from Vietnam?

Now, if you can answer that without too much handwavium, you're off to a good start. ;D
Carrier-class BETA.

Quote:
NOM vs NOM for the irony, eh? Seems fitting, somehow.

Also, thanks to this image, I now can't get the image of an F-22 in custom colors soloing a horde of BETA, and surviving, all set to Megalith - Agnus Dei.
Take the Ace Combat games, replace all the aircraft with TSFs. I bet that there will be very little changes, if at all, in their stories.

Imagine the TSF equivalents of the FALKEN, Morgan, and Wyvern; especially the former two with their Tactical Laser Systems .

Last edited by LystAP; 2012-07-25 at 12:16.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:18   Link #24
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
Carrier-class BETA.
Don't help him! He'll get lazy! I've been trying (unsuccessfully x_x) to get him to improve on the whole concept of "thinking out the fic idea" for the last five years! If you help him, it's cheating!

Quote:
Take the Ace Combat games, replace all the aircraft with TSFs. I bet that there will be very little changes, if at all, in their stories.

Imagine the TSF equivalents of the FALKEN, Morgan, and Wyvern; especially the former two with their Tactical Laser Systems .
Hax. Great wonderful hax. It's about time the BETA got a taste of their own medicine. XD ^____________^ That said, I'm pretty sure the Takemikazuchi is the closest thing to the Wyvern.

Mind you, had Mobius One been among the UN forces around the time of 12/5, he would have wiped the floor with everyone. Unless Walken is supposed to be Mobius One... nah, not enough steamrolling over everyone.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-07-25, 17:56   Link #25
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Exactly what he said, I was reading about BETA classes as I too was trying to explain how the hell did I dream about BETA in Johor, or why this squad I was watching was fighting off slightly-larger-than-human-sized BETA, when I noticed the Carrier-class.

I also added a "new" breed of BETA called Catapult-class, which are gigantic BETA that create spores that can hold 1 Laser or similar size BETA, 3 Tanks, or 12 Soldiers, then shoot them in a long LOBM arc and allowing some BETA to leapfrog over garrisons and harrass supply lines. These have a very slow firing rate, so while it gets some BETA over, they are only in smaller numbers and in more manageable sizes.
Old 2012-07-25, 18:54   Link #26
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
Carrier-class BETA.

This needs to be done.

also muvluv combat image dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
The Ace Combat Muvluv crossover addtion image dump
Spoiler:
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 02:28   Link #27
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
This needs to be done.

also muvluv combat image dump

"This Mobius Leader to all Mobius TSF , engaging hostiles"
Old 2012-07-26, 04:21   Link #28
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Part 1 of 4. Beware: Uses OCs and take some liberties with regions, though I try to justify as best I can.
----
Bow not before despair or loss and tread with great confidence upon the deathly frost that covers the Earth, for there is no greater honor than to sacrifice and that sacrifice shall be rewarded in Valhalla.
- Wolfskull motto

Spoiler for Nation/Squad Profile/Minor Prologue:

Spoiler for Wolves of the North: Part 1: Wolves and Bears:
Gdocs link for easy-to-read format https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...dTqdtnqBM/edit

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 02:12   Link #29
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Interesting idea. Just some quibbles:

IIRC the self destruct charges are non nuclear, and just some really powerful conventional explosive.

Four is a decent cast for you to follow, but it seems a bit small for a fire brigade team that's running around and putting out fires.

What year does this take place in?

Other than that, it's an entertaining read, though I can't help but wonder what happened to the Silver Axes untill Niddhog snapped.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-07-29, 03:48   Link #30
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Interesting idea. Just some quibbles:

IIRC the self destruct charges are non nuclear, and just some really powerful conventional explosive.
Gosh darnit. Revise time. Though it is described as having a similar yield to a tac nuke, but that just means I need to change the aftermath a little.

Quote:
Four is a decent cast for you to follow, but it seems a bit small for a fire brigade team that's running around and putting out fires.
Yea, it was mostly cause I don't like handling huge casts. Not much I can do about it right now.

Quote:
What year does this take place in?
I left this ambiguous as I didn't want to collide with potential timeline errors. Seeing how they use Gripen and the like, I'd say somewhere 2001-2002.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 08:09   Link #31
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
Gosh darnit. Revise time. Though it is described as having a similar yield to a tac nuke, but that just means I need to change the aftermath a little.
don't worry, it happens to the best of us. First ever time i started making OCs and worldbuilding for Nanoha, i had tp do a LOT of revisions. This is fine. ;p

Quote:
Yea, it was mostly cause I don't like handling huge casts. Not much I can do about it right now.
What I'd suggest is that you may want to have more units assigned to fire brigade duty. Have maybe several flights of four or eight TSFs on rotating duty to run sorties and fire brigade, Wolfskull are slightly unique in that their primary tasking is fire brigade,(possibly due to attrittion), as four TSFs is below the minimum 8-12 that you'd want deployed on a combat sortie to maximise your chances of survival.

Have occasional mentions of them, perhaps, but the main focus and viewpoint characters are Wolfskull, so of course they'll be less concerned about their fellows and more concerned abt their unit. What with the tattoos and their actions, I'm getting a feeling of a group of have survived a fair bit, and believe themselves elite, a cut above from the rest.

Of course, the simplest reason is that Wolfskull are the reinforcements because most of the time there's no one else left to send out.

Quote:
I left this ambiguous as I didn't want to collide with potential timeline errors. Seeing how they use Gripen and the like, I'd say somewhere 2001-2002.
Note on the timeline.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-08-05, 10:36   Link #32
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/1/

Guys check this out its 55 chapters with over 550k words !!! The author gave all the time and effort on this almost like a VN/LN
Old 2012-08-05, 10:39   Link #33
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/1/

Guys check this out its 55 chapters with over 550k words !!! The author gave all the time and effort on this almost like a VN/LN
I was trying to find something like that Thanks a lot The muvluv section is pretty much empty ._.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 17:30   Link #34
John117xCortana

Yuuhi's 'date' with Takeru later in the story after the coup was so adorable.

And she later had a badass 'hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn' moment with Ikaruga.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 17:42   Link #35
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

>That sadogashima hive arc

...I'm having a hard time not to squeal right now. That shit is really awesome eventhough I was a bit skeptic at the first few chapters

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 08:55   Link #36
John117xCortana

Yeah. It was really cool. How he got all those guys to help him rescue the Captain.

Later though after some chapters theres a scene thats inspired by Gears of War 2.
Old 2012-08-06, 13:01   Link #37
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

MuvLuv: Comet

An interesting AU fanfic. It's a "What If" scenario where America takes a more active role in combating the BETA during the late 1990's. Yuuya joins the US Space Force, David Anderson is the US Secretary of Defense and Commander Shepard was Yuuya's flight instructor!
Old 2012-08-06, 17:49   Link #38
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
MuvLuv: Comet

An interesting AU fanfic. It's a "What If" scenario where America takes a more active role in combating the BETA during the late 1990's. Yuuya joins the US Space Force, David Anderson is the US Secretary of Defense and Commander Shepard was Yuuya's flight instructor!
This- What- But-

US SPACE FORCE?! Someone actually watched and remembered that STARCOM EXISTED?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

*nerdgasms*
Old 2012-08-09, 11:25   Link #39
John117xCortana

How would mobile suits fare against the BETA ?
Old 2012-08-09, 12:41   Link #40
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
How would mobile suits fare against the BETA ?
Depends on the era and if they have anti-beaming coating. Main problems with Mobile Suits, they are somewhat more sluggish than TSFs. They could more or less better effective against the BETA due to their weapons but logistics will be a nightmare.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction, harem