AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-26, 22:52   Link #5101
rickiminato

who is more strong shiba miyuki or angelina kodou shields?
Old 2013-06-26, 23:08   Link #5102
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
Angelina is a strategic magician. In terms of conventional magic they are equal, but if Lina used her strategic magic Miyuki would die instantly, no exceptions. It has been explicitly stated in the text that there is no way for a normal magician to oppose a "strategic" level ability, due to the simple power difference.
Old 2013-06-26, 23:11   Link #5103
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
Without Lina using "Heavy Metal Burst" and Miyuki using "Cocytus", I think that Miyuki is slightly stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Angelina is a strategic magician. In terms of conventional magic they are equal, but if Lina used her strategic magic Miyuki would die instantly, no exceptions. It has been explicitly stated in the text that there is no way for a normal magician to oppose a "strategic" level ability, due to the simple power difference.
Spoiler for summaries from the web novel:

Last edited by Ophis; 2013-06-26 at 23:24.
Old 2013-06-26, 23:20   Link #5104
pampz21
ShipCore

Well if Miyuki used Flash cast and Cocytus at the same Miyuki would win cuz Heavy Metal Burst need a certain metal or his broniac to use her Stratigic Class magic Heavy metal burst!! beside I think Heavy metal burst is a slow cast magic, and that ones it cast it cannot be stop unless the user told it too, thats why Tatsuya;s regrowth loss to heavy metal burst! its a continues laser thingy~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-06-26, 23:28   Link #5105
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Well if Miyuki used Flash cast and Cocytus at the same Miyuki would win cuz Heavy Metal Burst need a certain metal or his broniac to use her Stratigic Class magic Heavy metal burst!! beside I think Heavy metal burst is a slow cast magic, and that ones it cast it cannot be stop unless the user told it too, thats why Tatsuya;s regrowth loss to heavy metal burst! its a continues laser thingy~
Spoiler for summaries from web novel:
Old 2013-06-26, 23:41   Link #5106
waffler

huh? miyuki has flash cast? i never knew this
Old 2013-06-27, 00:19   Link #5107
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Miyuki used Flash cast ????

cool

new info for me
Old 2013-06-27, 01:17   Link #5108
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
huh? miyuki has flash cast? i never knew this
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Miyuki used Flash cast ????

cool

new info for me
She doesn't, and she can't.
Old 2013-06-27, 02:11   Link #5109
Oxide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Well to be honest you can't really say that definitely ... Tatsuya for the first time use gram demolition in really similar manner back in first arc ... though i also think that this is her magic mastery for several reasons
Old 2013-06-27, 02:23   Link #5110
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
Well to be honest you can't really say that definitely ... Tatsuya for the first time use gram demolition in really similar manner back in first arc ... though i also think that this is her magic mastery for several reasons
Yeah, but it's stated in the novel that Tatsuya is the only one who can use flash cast, he's the only successful labrat they have there.

Unless the author simply changed the statement by Tatsuya that it's not, that the Yotsuba withholds that information from him or lies to him.

But then, anything in the novel will never gain any credit anymore if the author pulled that crap. Every readers would be pissed if the author did whatever he wanted with his novel, and took it too far by making everything unreliable.

One of the things I dislike about the Yotsuba is how fishy the Yotsuba is, and their attitude towards Tatsuya. I'd be mad if everything were a farce and they really cared for Tatsuya.
Old 2013-06-27, 03:03   Link #5111
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
One of the things I dislike about the Yotsuba is how fishy the Yotsuba is,
that's what i like from yotsuba, they are mysterious

Quote:
and their attitude towards Tatsuya.
yup, their attitude is really bad to him

Quote:
I'd be mad if everything were a farce and they really cared for Tatsuya.
the only person I expected to cared for him is Maya.
but if everyone don't care for him is also okay because Miyuki will be the only one cared for him.
Old 2013-06-27, 03:23   Link #5112
Ultragunner

Yeah, I really really don't understand what's the deal with the attitude of the Yotsuba toward Tatsuya.

Yes, he may an extreme case of irregularity and not an ideal magician they'd hope to have as the heir, but he's still one of the most OP magician in the world, not to mention his incredible intellect. They should be proud of him instead. And after reading the last chap of vol 8, it even got me more confused, if the Yotsuba was that close-knit (they even went as far as destroy a whole country for revenge). It has been mentioned by someone, a lot have changed for the Yotsuba.

I wonder, what would have happened if Tatsuya had been born to the earlier generation? would they be less of a bunch of @sshole?

P.S: I just noticed the tags, be careful guys, or else we are screwed LOL (just like what happened to the old DxD thread)
Old 2013-06-27, 03:25   Link #5113
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
that's what i like from yotsuba, they are mysterious

yup, their attitude is really bad to him

the only person I expected to cared for him is Maya.
but if everyone don't care for him is also okay because Miyuki will be the only one cares for him.
Bottom line.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2013-06-27, 05:40   Link #5114
Windknight111
Guardian Of The Wind

LustyLadyProject got commissioned to translate Deep Snow.

We got a good soul here people.
Old 2013-06-27, 06:17   Link #5115
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Yeah, I really really don't understand what's the deal with the attitude of the Yotsuba toward Tatsuya.

Yes, he may an extreme case of irregularity and not an ideal magician they'd hope to have as the heir, but he's still one of the most OP magician in the world, not to mention his incredible intellect. They should be proud of him instead. And after reading the last chap of vol 8, it even got me more confused, if the Yotsuba was that close-knit (they even went as far as destroy a whole country for revenge). It has been mentioned by someone, a lot have changed for the Yotsuba.

I wonder, what would have happened if Tatsuya had been born to the earlier generation? would they be less of a bunch of @sshole?

P.S: I just noticed the tags, be careful guys, or else we are screwed LOL (just like what happened to the old DxD thread)
Probably because the Current Head of the Clan is more like a machine then anything... (Maya basically having every memory as knowledge, unable to feel from it)
Old 2013-06-27, 06:51   Link #5116
hakazee

Quote:

Yes, he may an extreme case of irregularity and not an ideal magician they'd hope to have as the heir, but he's still one of the most OP magician in the world, not to mention his incredible intellect.
the question is how many people in Yotsuba that know his magic power ? especially his MB. ?

if the only person who knows his MB is MAYA. there must be a reason she kept it as a secret.
there is something fishy about it, and we don't know what is her plan

Quote:
They should be proud of him instead.
proud of him as SILVER not a magician.

Quote:
And after reading the last chap of vol 8, it even got me more confused, if the Yotsuba was that close-knit (they even went as far as destroy a whole country for revenge). It has been mentioned by someone, a lot have changed for the Yotsuba.

don't know. probably live better as a human, but he will not as powerful as now.

Quote:
what tags ?
Old 2013-06-27, 06:53   Link #5117
Ultragunner

the "awesome epic badass" one , though it is true, just be mindful that we shouldn't overdo it
Old 2013-06-27, 07:24   Link #5118
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Yeah I know its not stated that she can use flash cast but can use something similar......She has her superpowers, even Tatsuya gets delay when her magic is on a berserk call bcuz she doesnt need to activation sequence and automatically goes to rewriting phenomenon

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-06-27, 07:45   Link #5119
larethian

Quote:

It's not rocket science. Politics and traditional standings. Tatsuya may have very hax abilities, but he was officially born without true magical abilities, a.k.a altering phenomenon ("Restore/Decompose" as opposed to "Alter"), thus not considered a true magician. His only magical abilities were the artificial ones made by Miya, which were mediocre at best. He's an irregular and this view is more like a stigma due to established definitions and expectations of magic abilities. Because this, regardless of generation, it will probably be the same unless they are not one of the 10s. You can also draw similar parallels in the world as well.

I would speculate that Miya does care about Tatsuya due to some extent but could never show it.

And I would liken the Yotsubas to a 'cursed' house where people go through shit.
Old 2013-06-27, 10:16   Link #5120
kagato3

Most likely the family at large has no clue about his abilities since would have made a near statigic 'mage' since he developed them and would ruin any chance at a normal life. The way I see it the experiment was to both hide his ability and give him a place in the family, but it failed. This also explains in part why Maya is so keen to keep all of his achivements under wraps even more so if there are factions in the family that are grasping for power as implied when Tatsuya thought that getting rid of Mata would only lead to someone more manipulative to take her place
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings