AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-11-08, 05:57   Link #48201
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
watching old anime gets the brain moving... Now imagining a crossover between IS and Dual.

Negative synchronization?!!?!?? How is that possible!!?!!?!?!?!?
Lol

Obviously because he's using wrong mecha
Old 2013-11-08, 06:35   Link #48202
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was imagining something like the opposite of One Of Abilities. If One Of Abilities are caused by the core and pilot synchronizing to create a unique ability evolved from the specific pair, what if something was created from the massive disagreement between each other? I think I already tried delving into this before but never understood what the negative numbers meant.

At first I assumed they were too high to calculate hence a negative synchronization occurred.

But rewatching dual and reanalyzing the lore I came up with this idea. Maybe the negative life sympathy from the show was because the robot was being moved from a source external to the pilot? The positive in that case is that "Will" travels from the pilot to the robot, but in the Main Character's case, the "Will" traveled from the robot to the other robot. A negative reaction occurs because the flow is being forced into from another point.

If I try to apply the theory to synchronization, then it means that the pilot and the core are working against each other. And yet in actuality, the way the two work is in full coordination. So maybe what I'm trying to say is that, the pilot and the core are no longer "becoming one" but instead they are "working as one".

Instead of creating a new ability by coming together, the core and the pilot make-up for each other's faults. This lets them create multiple abilities unique to them. Because unlike 100% synchronization which grants an "inherent ability", the two create "formations" or "skills".

ALTERNATIVE:

- A negative synchronization could also mean that the two are neither becoming one nor coordinating. It means that the pilot's consciousness is overwriting the system, or the core AI is invading the pilot consciousness. So to speak it's like one is completely overwhelming the other in a battle for control. The machine can no longer distinguish between itself and the pilot not because they have become one and the same, but because one ego taking both the places of the machine as well as the pilot.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-11-08 at 07:27.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 09:46   Link #48203
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

How about layers working? Normally, the Core linked to Pilot's mind, right? So what if they create an interact layer - for example, verbal sensor, a sattelite,... - only for the pilot's body movement.

That say, demino's idea kind of making me jump up with a scenario: Girls try to be Chifuyu for Ichika's perfect vision.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 10:50   Link #48204
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not quite sure I follow but basically you're saying they should put an interval in the command input structure.

I believe Eratas was/is doing something similar.
Old 2013-11-08, 10:58   Link #48205
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

You've got my point! And I have this idea from another crossover with Gundam 00.
Old 2013-11-08, 11:00   Link #48206
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
How about layers working? Normally, the Core linked to Pilot's mind, right? So what if they create an interact layer - for example, verbal sensor, a sattelite,... - only for the pilot's body movement.

That say, demino's idea kind of making me jump up with a scenario: Girls try to be Chifuyu for Ichika's perfect vision.
They will have NO CHANCE of success.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 11:06   Link #48207
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And the grand ending...

- Houki: How...

- Laura: Where did we excuted the plan wrong?

- Madoka: Say "Ah", Onii-chan!
Old 2013-11-08, 11:16   Link #48208
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
And the grand ending...

- Houki: How...

- Laura: Where did we excuted the plan wrong?

- Madoka: Say "Ah", Onii-chan!
As the girls kill each other because they failed to go the imouto route. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 12:33   Link #48209
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The thought of Ichika being a zombie...and a magic girl has taken hold of me now. XD However I do think that Ayumu is lightyears ahead of him.

That said, Chifuyu cosplaying Sera = win.

Oh yeah, I'm almost done Zero. There wasn't much material to go over but the sentence structures needed to be rearranged.

EDIT: And it appears that Chifuyu is a Droid user. Hell yeah~

Last edited by Tempest35; 2013-11-08 at 21:54.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 23:38   Link #48210
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Another crossover with Kamen Rider: Infinite Stratos: IS System VS Rider Tech
I must say, the number of Kamen Rider writers is quite large and covered many anime fandom.
Old 2013-11-09, 00:26   Link #48211
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

This bit...should have taken place before the earlier bit I wrote. I think I'm more comfortable in writing Autumn's parts now.

Quote:
Warm sun and seas lapped at her legs as she sat unnoticed on the ocean's surface. Her long black hair was matted by seawater, and she brushed it aside before gazing into her binoculars. Seas were calm today, a mild undulating wave being all that rocked the small jet ski she was on. Watching the distant isle through twin lenses, she licked the seaspray from her lips. Blue-grey domes and towers mixed with the greenery covering its surface, with a long steel line connecting it to the mainland. Ghostly images flit in that distance, holograms that were integrated into the day-to-day life there. Seperated by sky and sea, the island that housed the Infinite Stratos [IS] Academy was both isolated, and somewhat self-sufficient given its size.

It was still summer, but one could feel a slight coldness in the breeze. The coming season was the woman's namesake, as she sat like a dead leaf on the water.

Autumn watched the distant island quietly, intently. From here, it looked like any other island off of mainland Japan. But any approach she would make closer than this would trigger suspicion. Innocent though it appeared, IS Academy was more than just a school. Only authorized individuals could enter the location. That meant students, teachers and the many support staff employed. Identities were checked and verified--even the slightest hint of intrusion would cause a reaction, and in recent months the security had been stepped up.

There really isn't a direct way in, is there? She bit down on her lip as the binoculars panned from one end of the isle to the other. There had been a direct attack on the Academy a month and a half prior. A direct approach from the air was not going to work, so Autumn scouted for a sea route. Much to her dismay, there did not seem much promise in a maritime infiltration.

A frown as a new sight came to her attention. Coming straight at her was a white boat with blue stripes. It was a patrol boat of the Kaijo Hoan-cho, the Japanese Coast Guard.

She nonchalantly placed her binoculars on the water's surface and let it drop. By the time the patrol boat was close enough to hail her, Autumn looked no more suspicious than any other beach-goer. The boat was a full 15 meters in length, slowing to the slightest of crawls in order not to capsize Autumn's tiny jetski. The patrol boat came to a stop, and out popped the head of a male Coast Guard officer. He seemed prepared to yell, but oddly stopped as he met Autumn's gaze.

"Is there a problem, officer?" There was a smirk on her face. Her body was covered only by the slightest of bikini swimsuits, an eye-catching red that called attention to her athletic yet ample curves. The male patrolman couldn't take his eyes off her.

"Uhm, no." The man was clearly trying hard not to let his jaw fall out of his face. "You're a bit far from the beach, ma'am."

"Oh." Autumn feigned innocence. "I didn't realize that."

"Well, uhm--" The man was about to say something else, when a burly female officer appeared next to him. Without warning, she grabbed the man's ear and twisted it violently. The man started howling in pain.

"STOP THINKING WITH YOUR OTHER HEAD, NUMBSKULL!" The tank of a woman bellowed in her colleague's ear. Autumn could actually see the captain's bars on the woman as the Coast Guard officer glared down at her with visible contempt. "This area of ocean is off-limits to outsiders. Turn your jetski around and head back to the beach."

"Hey, I said I was sorry!" Autumn replied in her best mock-tourist tone.

"I'm not going to repeat myself. Get the hell out of here, bimbo!" Without letting go of her screaming colleague's ear, the female officer gruffly shooed Autumn away. "And don't let me catch you out here again!"

"I understand. Thanks!" Autumn smiled back, as fake any respect she had for men or the law.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 02:46   Link #48212
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

"Onii-chan, should we do this?"

"Ahhh..."

"Yah! Onii-chan..."

"Calm down, Madoka. You know you want this!"

"But... But..."

"Shh... Here goes!"

"Papa, what is the most foolish thing that you have done?"

"That is when me and your mother drawing on Auntie Chifuyu when she was asleep..."
Old 2013-11-09, 20:32   Link #48213
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

To people who say that fanfic writing is a lazy, easy, and unimaginative task: YOU TRY WRITING SOMETHING:

...yes. I am writing fics and rewriting my Resume, applications for new job roles, and lots of other stuff that require the use of a keyboard, a mouse, a computer, energy drinks, and hopefully enough self-control to not just strip off all my clothes and run out into the street screaming "HERE COME THE SHRIMPS!!! THE SHRIMPS ARE INVADING!!!" until they come and lock me up.

...no, my fic-writing has NOT gone well at all.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 20:50   Link #48214
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
To people who say that fanfic writing is a lazy, easy, and unimaginative task: YOU TRY WRITING SOMETHING:

...yes. I am writing fics and rewriting my Resume, applications for new job roles, and lots of other stuff that require the use of a keyboard, a mouse, a computer, energy drinks, and hopefully enough self-control to not just strip off all my clothes and run out into the street screaming "HERE COME THE SHRIMPS!!! THE SHRIMPS ARE INVADING!!!" until they come and lock me up.

...no, my fic-writing has NOT gone well at all.
Paperwork.. I hate doing it
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 20:53   Link #48215
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@wave: it IS a lazy, easy and unimaginative task.

If you have no standards or taste that is.
Old 2013-11-09, 21:42   Link #48216
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Tch... Writing is NEVER an easy task. Keeping another world in your brain is equal to going closer to God. Heck, I could be a living zombie or NEcro-oVER because of this.

Any new idea?
Old 2013-11-09, 21:48   Link #48217
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Other than Byakushiki never really having core 001 but instead having 2 cores which are the alpha and beta test cores containing no AI that Ichika's abnormal brain functions assimilate the system? Nope, no new ideas at all.
Old 2013-11-09, 22:04   Link #48218
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Me? The girl got trapped in the Virtual World forever (Vol.8), but Tabane managed to transfered them to 001 Core. The result? They constantly harrasing him with their perverted dreams. And that is not the ending! Finally, their bodies were destroyed, thus they must merged with 001's original personality and reborn as one. Simplified many thing, don't you think so?

Or, Squall raped Charlotte into a merciless and sadistic spy before ISA. Blame Muv-Luv from giving this idea to me.
Old 2013-11-09, 22:17   Link #48219
demino_hellsin
That one guy

At least that relationship went somewhere, unlike the herp-derp status quo with Ichika
Old 2013-11-09, 22:27   Link #48220
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Watch the new episode 5 of Gaim yet? Now I like that Ichigo Arm even more than Melon Arm!

Also, do you notice it, but the OC writers always have a bigger setting stage than Canon writer. Meh, how could I change it...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest