Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-24, 19:25   Link #13841
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
*Seuphz* I appreciate the optimism here...But let me just explain the universal depression/despair a little bit.

Facts that are pointing at a rather...disappointing end.

- Did lelouch "suki" Kallen? Perhaps. "Aisuru"? WHAT?
- Kallen's current semi-yandere mindset.
- Kallen's third "sayonara".
- Possible jealousy.
- Lelouch's "OMG what are you doin to my C.Chi? Are u alrite C.Chi?" when facing Kallen at rage.
- C.C. already in the ocean.
- Witch and Warlock's growing "aimai"...

Things that do point at a wishful gumline.
- Lelouch's honshin=key to Kallen's character.
- One More Chance. "Anata no ai wo arigatou."
I think all the C.C stuff like most things in the show is purely subjective.

Unless they do get together
Old 2008-09-24, 19:26   Link #13842
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
*Seuphz* I appreciate the optimism here...But let me just explain the universal depression/despair a little bit.

- Possible jealousy.
- Lelouch's "OMG what are you doin to my C.Chi? Are u alrite C.Chi?" when facing Kallen at rage.
- Witch and Warlock's growing "aimai"...and unbeatable bond.

It may be just me, but most of them seems to be saying "Kallen loves Lelouch" and "Lelouch and C.C. are together, but only in their purpose."
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:28   Link #13843
Tael
Banned

Quote:

- Possible jealousy.
You are simply being negative on little basis. 愛する is fully possible from Lelouch to Kallen as it can explain certain abnormalities. Certainly, other explanations are available but this is one of them and it ties in with themes of the show. Yandere is irrelevant, especially since I see tsun, not yan. Points three and four are valid until further context is added. I still don't see this 'OMG' stuff. Especially since, logically, removing C.C. from ZR would make her safer, this ties back into one.

What does the ocean have to do with anything? And... when did they grow aimai?
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:28   Link #13844
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:

- Possible jealousy.

Now lets all paint these things with the highlighter of HAPPINESS

Of course he did =P

Builds the tension and angst for happy happy romance end. Awwwww

Come on now, this ones easy. If the 3rd ones the last, then I guess she won't say anymore now will she? She'll stay with him, no more goodbyes.

- Possible jealousy.

She's been on the other end of the jealousy thing too though.

I'm actually not quite sure what this is in reference to O_o

She's gone swimming before, she'll be fine

Kallen's had her moments to. Have to let C.C. have hers sometimes as well. Lets be fair here.

See? Its all a matter of perspective ^^ . I don't see quite as many bad things for Kallen based on these events.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:31   Link #13845
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

A mildly non-serious thing:

If Lelouch and Kallen have twins, I would like the boy to be Naoto (Resembling Kallen in appearance and Lelouch in mentality) and Luluko (Resembling Lelouch in appearance and Kalle in mentality). Think of the comedies
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:32   Link #13846
Baixinho

Quote:

- Possible jealousy.
- Witch and Warlock's growing "aimai"...and unbeatable bond.

Actually, all the facts pointing to a rather disappointing end are only pointing : they only lead to the speculation that the show may be going the CCxLL way.

Whereas the 2 other points are presumably spoilers about what happened in the end : if we are correct about Kallen's gumline interpretation, and if One more chance actually talks about Kallen's thoughts to Lelouch after ep 25, then these points will be proofs in themselves that Lelouch loves Kallen.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:43   Link #13847
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
We shall see how this goes. For now she is fighting for her love, and if you look back, love plays an important part in the story right now. And yes, she might just win this, and take back her man from the abyss he has fallen to
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:49   Link #13848
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I hope Kallen stays single, for the sake of my Fan Fic XD, jk... a bit

Serious now, are we even sure that the anime is close to ending?
Old 2008-09-24, 19:50   Link #13849
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I hope Kallen stays single, for the sake of my Fan Fic XD, jk... a bit

Serious now, are we even sure that the anime is close to ending?
Short answer, yes. Long answer, a very long yes.
Old 2008-09-24, 19:55   Link #13850
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Actually, all the facts pointing to a rather disappointing end are only pointing : they only lead to the speculation that the show may be going the CCxLL way.

Whereas the 2 other points are presumably spoilers about what happened in the end : if we are correct about Kallen's gumline interpretation, and if One more chance actually talks about Kallen's thoughts to Lelouch after ep 25, then these points will be proofs in themselves that Lelouch loves Kallen.
I seriously think they are.. I truly believe that the show just wants to please as much as fans as possible now.. unfortunately...

So while I am almost dead set sure there wont be a Kalulu ending, I am positive that Kallen will get some sort of resolution/happy end..
Old 2008-09-24, 19:56   Link #13851
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
I seriously think they are.. I truly believe that the show just wants to please as much as fans as possible now.. unfortunately...

So while I am almost dead set sure there wont be a Kalulu ending, I am positive that Kallen will get some sort of resolution/happy end..
If it goes the route of pleasing all the fans in some way the ending would probably go the route of both C.C. and Kallen getting some sort of resolution revolving Lelouch.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:59   Link #13852
Tael
Banned

Quote:

Marketing. That is all.

The word marketing, to be perfectly honest, is exactly what I think C.C.'s character amounts to right now, call me cynical if you must. (And yes, this will tie into Kallen) From the Pincelot to her very odd existence of pseudo-importance but yet no real pivotal role, and apparent omission from the end (unless she learns to teleport). She's simply there but not serving any real purpose other than throwing in C.C. x Lelouch teases (rather late for these, in my honest opinion) and the Pincelot (again). On the other hand, Kallen (while also being marketed for the Albion vs. SEITEN scheme) is doing something in relation to the actual plot. She hunting/chasing after Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
If it goes the route of pleasing all the fans in some way the ending would probably go the route of both C.C. and Kallen getting some sort of resolution revolving Lelouch.
Loves Kallen but goes off with C.C. seems the likeliest if we're going to get a duality ending that can explain all the nonsense that has been going on. But this arguably more of a Kallen x Lelouch ending. Unless, for some arbitrary reason, it is shown that Lelouch is actually a super pimp in disguise.
Old 2008-09-24, 20:08   Link #13853
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

I personally hold both C.C. and Kallen to be pretty much equally important in regards to lelouch. In fact, both of them have in fact been distanced from Lelouch this season in a figurative sense. Kallen was captured and kept physically away from him, while C.C. was sealed away as well. In fact, there was a period of time where he was without either of the women.

If they truly wanted to make all the fans happy, it would have to be with both of them in the romantic sense O_o . I personally don't mind the idea of him keeping C.C. as a platonic super-close mega friend and Kallen as a lover, but the idea of him *sleeping* with someone with over 20x as many years as he does slightly...screams cradle robber in my mind O_o
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:09   Link #13854
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post

Loves Kallen but goes off with C.C. seems the likeliest if we're going to get a duality ending that can explain all the nonsense that has been going on. But this arguably more of a Kallen x Lelouch ending. Unless, for some arbitrary reason, it is shown that Lelouch is actually a super pimp in disguise.
Loves C.C. but C.C. dies is also possible.

LOL, I've always thought he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
If they truly wanted to make all the fans happy, it would have to be with both of them in the romantic sense O_o . I personally don't mind the idea of him keeping C.C. as a platonic super-close mega friend and Kallen as a lover, but the idea of him *sleeping* with someone with over 20x as many years as he does slightly...screams cradle robber in my mind O_o
IMHO, if he hasn't *slept* with her before, it's more likely she will stay as a platonic intimate...
XDDD, who taught Lelouche the "tongue"?
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:12   Link #13855
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
I personally hold both C.C. and Kallen to be pretty much equally important in regards to lelouch. In fact, both of them have in fact been distanced from Lelouch this season in a figurative sense. Kallen was captured and kept physically away from him, while C.C. was sealed away as well. In fact, there was a period of time where he was without either of the women.
I'd agree if the situations were that both women were taken away from him. Only Shirley and Kallen were taken, C.C. just disappeared on her own. As such, I would bracket Kallen and Shirley into a different group than C.C. in terms of importance, if we are only going by this jurisdiction.
Old 2008-09-24, 20:14   Link #13856
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Loves C.C. but C.C. dies is also possible.

LOL, I've always thought he was.

IMHO, if he hasn't *slept* with her before, it's more likely she will stay as a platonic intimate...
XDDD, who taught Lelouche the "tongue"?
Remember he promised to make her smile, well at least that means 2 me have her smile before she dies or disappear or whatever
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:23   Link #13857
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Marketing. That is all.

The word marketing, to be perfectly honest, is exactly what I think C.C.'s character amounts to right now, call me cynical if you must. (And yes, this will tie into Kallen) From the Pincelot to her very odd existence of pseudo-importance but yet no real pivotal role, and apparent omission from the end (unless she learns to teleport). She's simply there but not serving any real purpose other than throwing in C.C. x Lelouch teases (rather late for these, in my honest opinion) and the Pincelot (again). On the other hand, Kallen (while also being marketed for the Albion vs. SEITEN scheme) is doing something in relation to the actual plot. She hunting/chasing after Lelouch.

Loves Kallen but goes off with C.C. seems the likeliest if we're going to get a duality ending that can explain all the nonsense that has been going on. But this arguably more of a Kallen x Lelouch ending. Unless, for some arbitrary reason, it is shown that Lelouch is actually a super pimp in disguise

Eh... to me C.C's role is very important.. but I guess opinions vary..

TBH.. this doesn't make sense, but could happen.....unless the make Kallen's gumline

If you say you love her, I wont forgive you... and he goes and disappears with C.C... honestly, why did they have to make Kallen jealous in episode 24 and make Kallen be the one to ask C.C "do you love Lulu"? it seemed too forced IMO..
Old 2008-09-24, 20:24   Link #13858
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
Remember he promised to make her smile, well at least that means 2 me have her smile before she dies or disappear or whatever
That's also can be debated. While Koshimizu's translate it like that, the way that the Japanese is so diverse means that I actually understood it like it was Lelouch's smile, not hers. So in the end, we need to see the ending to know what really was the real meaning of that line. For now we shall stick to Koshimizu's version as she's a better Jap speaker.
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:27   Link #13859
Tael
Banned

Quote:
If you say you love her, I wont forgive you... and he goes and disappears with C.C... honestly, why did they have to make Kallen jealous in episode 24 and make Kallen be the one to ask C.C "do you love Lulu"? it seemed too forced IMO..
I've explained why that would make me (and anyone who speaks Japanese) slap Taniguchi across the head several times, in the romance thread. 好き (suki) is what would be used from Kallen to Lelouch about C.C. if it were to happen, not 愛してる (aishiteru).

As for the 好き question from Kallen to C.C., I didn't find it forced at all. If anything, it showed us why Kallen was fighting, just as it did C.C.. If the idea was not inside Kallen's head, she'd have no reason to ask it. Meaning, that the line (while out of jealousy) when put into context shows that both of them are fighting for/because of Lelouch. And, simply, Kallen was the one who was more focused on Lelouch, hence the whole 'you win'/'I don't care about that' malarkey at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
That's also can be debated. While Koshimizu's translate it like that, the way that the Japanese is so diverse means that I actually understood it like it was Lelouch's smile, not hers. So in the end, we need to see the ending to know what really was the real meaning of that line. For now we shall stick to Koshimizu's version as she's a better Jap speaker.
The translation is accurate, it is about C.C. smiling. The bigger question is in what way or to what end.
Old 2008-09-24, 20:29   Link #13860
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
I've explained why that would make me (and anyone who speaks Japanese) slap Taniguchi across the head several times, in the romance thread. 好き (suki) is what would be used from Kallen to Lelouch about C.C. if it were to happen, not 愛してる (aishiteru).

As for the 好き question from Kallen to C.C., I didn't find it forced at all. If anything, it showed us why Kallen was fighting, just as it did C.C.. If the idea was not inside Kallen's head, she'd have no reason to ask it. Meaning, that the line (while out of jealousy) when put into context shows that both of them are fighting for/because of Lelouch. And, simply, Kallen was the one who was more focused on Lelouch, hence the whole 'you win'/'I don't care about that' malarkey at the end.

The translation is accurate, it is about C.C. smiling. The bigger question is in what way or to what end.

But unless it means that C.C. knows about Lelouch->Kallen, I'd rather take it as C.C.'s....ego...or tsun...
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote