bonzo posted the last chapter
nice
Old 2009-01-06, 19:17   Link #17983
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
I translated the first two chapters, here you can to see kallen evolution:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...5&postcount=45

for her, every friend becomed a foe by now...
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 19:59   Link #17984
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
bonzo posted the last chapter
nice
*Dies*
WWWWWWWWWWW
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 09:28   Link #17985
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Chapter 24 translated:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...6&postcount=50

Kallen risk to drive crazy, her only instinct is hang on the mission, to protect Lelouch.
Old 2009-01-09, 20:01   Link #17986
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

While I know its everyones favorite topic, I'm going to talk about Kallen some more. Specifically, my belief that Karen Kozuki is a mask, different but as assuredly there as Kallen Stadtfeld was. I'll call her real personality Kallen Kozuki for this.

First, we know that Kallen honestly is a selfless nice girl. She has a set of morals which she stands for with a spine, but her devotion to those she loves is even stronger than said moral code. Kallen, simply put, is not someone who you can see as a terrorist. However, to give meaning to Naoto's life, she was willing to forsake her morales...

The Black Knights-to-be fought solely for the good of the Japanese people as they saw it, and for their inability to stand the atrocities of Britannia. However, it's stated by Ohgi on multiple occasions that without Zero, they would never be able to honestly throw Britannia out of Japan. What they fought for, what they risked their lives for, was out of hope for better treatment and a feeling of moral obligation.

That, flat out, was not Kallen's reason for joining them. What moral feelings she did feel against Britannia would never have agreed with terrorism, she'd pick a different way if at all possible, if she was doing it out of morals. She joined them to try and see Japan liberated, a task the rest of them would've initially called impossible.

While such an objective would not be unfit in the group - it was Naoto's after all - her kind personality would be. Kozuki Karen killed innocent people for her objectives, something that appalled Kallen. Her personality and position (ex-bosses sister) would not her comrades as willing to use her in missions either. You don't send your friend's sweet sister to kill people, especially not those that have the morale strength to fight against Britannia.

Thus, a mask unfolded. She was harsher, more bitter, and more nationalistic than she really is, the other side of the coin to the sickly-sweet Kallen Stadtfeld. This mask, I will note, was not as concrete as her other, her real personality obvious slipped through on several occasions. However, I see it most often when we see her real thoughts on a subject, or when shes wearing no mask at all. Take episode 24(?), the Black Rebellion of her 'dreams' is underway and her thoughts? "I just hope the Student Council got away." Another example is stage 19 and 21, and her chats with Suzaku. Japan is pretty clearly not the first thing on her mind, she only brings it up in response. I find this further supported by her willingness to keep secrets from them in R2. Kallen slipped right into Lelouch secrets, and didn't tell anyone "hey guys, theres a mild chance we're all being manipulated by a guy with mind control powers" There objectives were not hers, plain and simple, but they sure considered her as "one of them."

I notably left situations involving Lelouch out of this. I think his presence has a clear effect on her regardless of what type of mask she trying to hold, so I won't bring it into this.

tl;dr: Karen Kozuki isn't Kallen's entire/real personality.

Thoughts?
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 23:53   Link #17987
Scarlett_Rain55

Why do people think Kallen is hot stuff? She's meh compared to CC, Viletta, Shirley, etc. I mean the hair, what is up with the hair? She looked better with it straight.
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 23:59   Link #17988
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Why do people think Kallen is hot stuff? She's meh compared to CC, Viletta, Shirley, etc. I mean the hair, what is up with the hair? She looked better with it straight.
Glad that you have your own opinions...and other people have other....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post
Spoiler for text:

Thoughts?
I do agree with you...will add sth later.
Old 2009-01-10, 06:44   Link #17989
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
It is a fictional chara, we can't actually qualify someone from an anime as "hot stuff". It is more a joke. xD
But yeah, to each his own right? // for example i always though Viletta was an old hag for some odd reason ~
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 07:41   Link #17990
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Looking some message i received...it's better to give a explanation.
I'm not a cultist about lelouhxkallen relationship, so i'm not a real otaku, then not a fan about anime characters etc...
For my manga I just thought a story with the more realistic and possible ending.
Euphemia is dead, shirley is dead, kaguya is a useless character in the love-triangle, to give a definitive "the end", the geass had to disappear, then C.C had to die.
Kallen was the only woman available at last, she won for exclusion.

That's all.
Old 2009-01-10, 14:59   Link #17991
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Looking some message i received...it's better to give a explanation.
I'm not a cultist about lelouhxkallen relationship, so i'm not a real otaku, then not a fan about anime characters etc...
For my manga I just thought a story with the more realistic and possible ending.
Euphemia is dead, shirley is dead, kaguya is a useless character in the love-triangle, to give a definitive "the end", the geass had to disappear, then C.C had to die.
Kallen was the only woman available at last, she won for exclusion.

That's all.
You do not need to explain yourself. Be it plot, preference blah blah
It is your own story and generally, people should not apologize for their preferences. As long as they do not force them on the rest of people.
Old 2009-01-10, 15:03   Link #17992
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Well, you know, i received some contestation without sense.

Because I violated lelouch verginity, about C.C real name, Kallen hadn't have children, how dare I muted cornelia in a lesbo, etc...

Otaku world is very strange.
Old 2009-01-10, 15:10   Link #17993
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Well, you know, i received some contestation without sense.

Because I violated lelouch verginity, about C.C real name, Kallen hadn't have children, how dare I muted cornelia in a lesbo, etc...

Otaku world is very strange.
It is an alternate story for God's sake, i mean seriously. If people do not like it, they should not read it. Bitch about it to the creator about "violating" something, is bull. And frankly, i mean, Kalulu can't even exist on an alternate retelling? Yah, sounds right.

And trust me, the definition of the "otaku" word has been changed a hell lot in the last years, but this is not the thread.
Old 2009-01-10, 15:52   Link #17994
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
just so you know bonzo
i think you've done a great job so far (i still cant read 25 )
and you dont owe anyone anything
Old 2009-01-10, 16:27   Link #17995
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Next week I'll translate chapter 25, be patience.
Old 2009-01-10, 19:09   Link #17996
bran
h e a d s h o t

don't you just hate it when people don't like a character because of...the hair?!!
as long as it's long hair it doesn't matter how dumb some girl is
i've witnesed how people react to a heroine that started off with a short hair and then grew longer
people say meh she's ugly meh she's boring meh she's irritating
and then when her hair grows long "oh she's kinda cute" "oh she looks better" "oh she's not that irritating as before"

screw character type/development
it's enough to draw long hair that's all that matters

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 20:25   Link #17997
Levy
differently sober

LOL, then VV should be the most loved girl of the whole series! =P

Go to the Bleach fandom and look how much hate got the long-haired girl, then.

Anyway, I think that in CG, just Nina and Carine are quite ugly. All the the rest is well above average, cut their hair short or made them grow to their ankles, the ladies are all very cute.

about more serious stuff, nice post, Grey... too sleepy to give a better feedback now. XD
and, Bonzo, you should learn to ignore those kind of comments. Creative work is to make things creative, that should be quite a given.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 05:25   Link #17998
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
Bonzo, you should learn to ignore those kind of comments. Creative work is to make things creative, that should be quite a given.
I don't care about it, i just don't understand why all this fanaticism for characters of a imagination series.

Then, in the next comic I'll show the total Cornelia's conversion about lesbo world and a very tender Kallen with her lelouch.

My retaliation...
Old 2009-01-11, 06:39   Link #17999
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
I don't care about it, i just don't understand why all this fanaticism for characters of a imagination series.

Then, in the next comic I'll show the total Cornelia's conversion about lesbo world and a very tender Kallen with her lelouch.

My retaliation...
thats the spirit
viva la Resistance
Old 2009-01-12, 02:16   Link #18000
KaLuluclanleader
Sticky notes

Thank you Bonzo i have really enjoyed your work. 5 stars XD
KaLuluclanleader is offline   Reply With Quote