AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 14:13   Link #1181
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Everyone got erotic interests and sharing creates good discussions and sharing of bonds with friends. There are a lot of things in Oda Nobuna no Yabou that will peak almost everyone's interests. Does anyone got any questions or ideas to get a real discussion started?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 15:08   Link #1182
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Lol.. real discussion. Discussions like these have been in every thread thats had anything to do with ecchi releated things. Sadly no ones biting unlike the dxd thread. Which is probably a good thing. Side note: More lolis to come. Them big-breasted are a rarity in oda.
Old 2012-08-10, 15:31   Link #1183
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

vol 9 is out, who is the one that Saru is hugging in one of the pics?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 15:38   Link #1184
Mechatrill

No idea on Sen no Rikyu, she shows up for like one scene in vol 6 with Yoshiharu, and there she was mostly just acting as an exposition character... With her being the unemotional type and the current condition of the Chinese translations, that may not be saying much though...

On Yoshiharu's lolis, I believe you guys are forgetting someone. I can't remember her name right now, but she's the person Nobuna sent Yoshiharu to visit in vol 5, the one who is the head of an all female pirate crew. She's also an S type, a ninja, can make people tell the truth by touching their head, and looks identical to the head Miko girl in Kyoto. She and Yoshiharu spends a lot of time in vol 5 together on one errand or another, so I'll count her in for the heck of it. I don't remember her showing up all that much in vol 6 though, but Yoshiharu's main companion in vol 6 is Francis, Inuchiyo, and Goemon.

On Takeda, since vol 5 ch 6 isn't done being translated, I can't be sure exactly how they managed to beat her back, but here are a few things I managed to gleam from what's out so far based on the latest translations of vol 5 and some early bits of vol 6:
Spoiler:
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 16:06   Link #1185
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Lol.. real discussion. Discussions like these have been in every thread thats had anything to do with ecchi releated things. Sadly no ones biting unlike the dxd thread. Which is probably a good thing. Side note: More lolis to come. Them big-breasted are a rarity in oda.
I think there are hardly any real discussion because there haven't been that much translations. Akuma is trying the best his can, but he needs help. I am confident that the anime will draw them in, everyday people are discovery the anime and how good it is. They will soon look for the main source, the light Novel. Currently right now, Akuma translated 1 chapter and chapter 2 just got started so it will be eventually when people start reading. The translations are already so interesting and good to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
vol 9 is out, who is the one that Saru is hugging in one of the pics?
Care to elaborate, can you post an image?

Oh and Mechatrill thanks for the spoilers, can't wait to read it when the translation comes out, but that is going to take a while to get to vol 6 without any help.
Old 2012-08-10, 16:20   Link #1186
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
On Yoshiharu's lolis, I believe you guys are forgetting someone. I can't remember her name right now, but she's the person Nobuna sent Yoshiharu to visit in vol 5, the one who is the head of an all female pirate crew. She's also an S type, a ninja, can make people tell the truth by touching their head, and looks identical to the head Miko girl in Kyoto. She and Yoshiharu spends a lot of time in vol 5 together on one errand or another, so I'll count her in for the heck of it. I don't remember her showing up all that much in vol 6 though, but Yoshiharu's main companion in vol 6 is Francis, Inuchiyo, and Goemon.
Takigawa Kazumasu. She absolutely hates fighting on land.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 16:23   Link #1187
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Takigawa Kazumasu. She absolutely hates fighting on land.
Ah the pirate ship that had that Loli who is also a sadist and a ninja, I almost forgot her!!
Old 2012-08-10, 16:28   Link #1188
Sumeragi
Banned

Yes, this particular person:

Spoiler for Sadistic Ninja Kazumasu:
Old 2012-08-10, 16:30   Link #1189
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hmm I wonder if we can get some info on that image. Is Kazumasu stepping on Sagara or making him lick her feet? Anyone want to take a guess?
Old 2012-08-10, 16:46   Link #1190
Sumeragi
Banned

For all those who think the series is all roses and lilies: There is a girl who dies. Who is it? I'm not telling

Only hint: She isn't one of the main girls.
Old 2012-08-10, 17:01   Link #1191
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
It's not probably. It is good this way. It's not really easy to get a plot and character, as in discussions about what they do, how they get developed, and not like "Wow she is cute she's my waifu she is mine" etc which honestly gets annoying with every Nth repetition of the same thing being said in different iterations; and are quite the discussion killers. The "community" where I hail from are unadmittedly pretty guilty on this part...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 17:03   Link #1192
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
For all those who think the series is all roses and lilies: There is a girl who dies. Who is it? I'm not telling

I really want to take a guess, but Loli fans will probably kill me if I utter her name if my guess is true.
Old 2012-08-10, 17:23   Link #1193
Mechatrill

Oh, I think I know who it is. What's her name again...

I think I remember some Chinese spoilers of vol 9 that had something along those lines.

Don't worry, if it's who I think it is, whatever her name was again, I'm fairly sure she is not a loli and does not, in fact, have nearly enough interaction with Yoshiharu to qualify as a member of his prospective harem by even the most generous estimation.

Yeah, I'm bad with names in this series (for anyone that's not a major character for several volumes anyways), but that's not exactly surprising...

My process for figuring out who's who:
Since Japanese names use kanji, which are the same as Chinese characters, those characters are what are used in Chinese translations. What I end up doing is google the characters that make up their names, which generally gets me a Chinese site about Japanese historical figures. I'd then put that site through google translate, and hope that a decent romaji version of said name shows up. Finally, I'd google said name (or wiki search it), and hope that a result shows up.

So yeah, half the time I have no idea who the heck most of these people are, especially if it's a volume where they're just introduced... Thankfully, I have you guys and the anime to help me match names to actions, so I'm at least somewhat confident on my ability to figure out the identity of the major characters.
Old 2012-08-10, 17:26   Link #1194
Sumeragi
Banned

Just write down the names here, and I'll get to them.
Old 2012-08-10, 17:34   Link #1195
Mechatrill

Okay, thanks. I'll keep that in mind when I do the rest of vol 5 (although it probably won't be needed until vol 6, when more new characters show up).
Old 2012-08-10, 17:38   Link #1196
Murakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Kuroda appears to be wearing European clothes don't you think?
I guess the author's trying to emphasize how Kuroda is "still a Christian" at this stage - kinda trying to weave her character into the real historical Kanbei Kuroda before Hideyoshi's anti-Christian edict in 1596(?) when he became an apostate
Old 2012-08-10, 17:40   Link #1197
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Everyone got erotic interests and sharing creates good discussions and sharing of bonds with friends. There are a lot of things in Oda Nobuna no Yabou that will peak almost everyone's interests. Does anyone got any questions or ideas to get a real discussion started?
I have no interest whatsoever.
Quote:
Yes, this particular person:

Spoiler for Sadistic Ninja Kazumasu:
She looks awesome. How old is she?
Quote:
I really want to take a guess, but Loli fans will probably kill me if I utter her name if my guess is true.
Go ahead, buddy. If we are going to kill you, then we'll try to notmake it to obvious.

Oops. I dropped my knife.
Quote:

Lemme guess...the short-haired girl we saw with Imagawa in the 1st episode?
Old 2012-08-10, 17:43   Link #1198
Murakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Oh, I think I know who it is. What's her name again...

I think I remember some Chinese spoilers of vol 9 that had something along those lines.

Don't worry, if it's who I think it is, whatever her name was again, I'm fairly sure she is not a loli and does not, in fact, have nearly enough interaction with Yoshiharu to qualify as a member of his prospective harem by even the most generous estimation.

Yeah, I'm bad with names in this series (for anyone that's not a major character for several volumes anyways), but that's not exactly surprising...

My process for figuring out who's who:
Since Japanese names use kanji, which are the same as Chinese characters, those characters are what are used in Chinese translations. What I end up doing is google the characters that make up their names, which generally gets me a Chinese site about Japanese historical figures. I'd then put that site through google translate, and hope that a decent romaji version of said name shows up. Finally, I'd google said name (or wiki search it), and hope that a result shows up.

So yeah, half the time I have no idea who the heck most of these people are, especially if it's a volume where they're just introduced... Thankfully, I have you guys and the anime to help me match names to actions, so I'm at least somewhat confident on my ability to figure out the identity of the major characters.
don't tell me it's
Spoiler for noooo.....:

Last edited by Murakumo; 2012-08-10 at 18:15. Reason: correct answer?
Murakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 17:45   Link #1199
Sumeragi
Banned

*Smiles evil*

I foresee lots of anguish when the character is revealed. That is why I'm not spoiling it for now.
Old 2012-08-10, 17:47   Link #1200
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murakumo View Post
don't tell me it's
Spoiler for noooo.....:
Didn't Mechan say that it wasn't a Loli?

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem