AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-24, 19:07   Link #281
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Sorta like how every game or patch ever released was 100% bug-free, right?
Of course not, but I expect issues like grammar and spelling errors to be ironed out before a public release. Unless you're Natsume, of course.
Old 2012-11-25, 04:49   Link #282
Destined_Fate

Not always, they were a small team. No way they can get everything. Also, due to the constraints in the game makes Y's looks like U's for character name text. Like Nyna looks like Nuna despite it being put in as Nyna. The game cuts out the bottom part of the Y and they couldn't get a work around for it.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 18:06   Link #283
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I don't think the size of the team matters. Proficiency with the English language does.
Old 2012-11-25, 21:06   Link #284
GDB

If you don't like it, don't play it. Professional releases that cost money have bugs and spelling/grammar errors too, and these people aren't being paid. Shit happens and things can be missed. It's not about being proficient with the English language, either.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 12:07   Link #285
Zakoo

Pfou I finished it, it took me 3 days, 3 full days, I was supposed to prepare exams but who cares?

First game bad ending, second game hard mode with good ending, I don't even want to try after hard mode, it's ridulousely hard, chapter 20 with those stupid 12 repop of paladin drove me crazy.

Spoiler for spoil about romance:
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 19:22   Link #286
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If you don't like it, don't play it.
This is totally inappropriate advice.
Quote:
Professional releases that cost money have bugs and spelling/grammar errors too
Which is obviously inexcusable, save for the odd obscure bug.
Quote:
Shit happens and things can be missed. It's not about being proficient with the English language, either.
Yes it is, because someone proficient with the English language will make far fewer errors than someone who isn't. Someone who is proficient with the English language will spot more errors. So, have people with proficiency write and have a bunch of proficient people read over the script, and you should have barely any errors left in the script, if at all.
Old 2012-11-28, 23:20   Link #287
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

It's called human error. Somehow I doubt you'd be completely satisfied if they delayed all releases so they could have pitch-perfect spelling. It only makes room for complaints about deadlines, in my opinion.

I won't deny that grammar and spelling errors do stand out when playing, but it's not like it breaks the game itself. Unless it's painfully bad, I can be happy knowing there's a translation at all.
Old 2012-11-29, 18:02   Link #288
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

That's why I said "barely". Depending on the amount of text there could still be a couple.

Personally I'm fine with delays. There are so many other games to play instead of Fire Emblem 12.
Old 2012-11-30, 04:00   Link #289
Destined_Fate

You can only do so much in a closed Beta and no matter what things will always slip through the cracks when you introduce a larger testing pool. This is their open beta and they are fixing stuff already, they aren't abandoning their project just because they finished and released it.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 14:06   Link #290
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Fire Emblem Awakening for 3DS headed to NA on February 04th, 2013.
now all i have to do is be on the look out for a 3DS XL on sales during the upcoming
holiday and snag one!

source: http://rpgfan.com/news/2012/2166.html
Quote:
Among about a half-hour worth of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS news, this morning's Nintendo Direct broadcasts also gave us release dates for Fire Emblem: Awakening. The 3DS strategy RPG, which released earlier this year in Japan with lots of DLC following, will head to North America on February 4th, and sometime in April for Europe.
NIntendo had previously promised that the various DLC, which includes characters and scenarios, will also be released in these territories, so stay tuned for dates and pricing.
Old 2012-12-06, 10:35   Link #291
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
now all i have to do is be on the look out for a 3DS XL on sales during the upcoming holiday and snag one!
Next week (starting on the 9th through the 15th, to be specific), Best Buy is selling them for $159.99.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 11:44   Link #292
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ thanks for the heads up. i'll search around Bestbuy and get one during that time before
they're sold out.

after that, it just a long 2 months of waiting for Fire Emblem to come out.