AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-27, 09:45   Link #8081
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Fastest way to level from 80-90 now? Questing still or instances?
Old 2013-09-27, 10:17   Link #8082
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Fastest way to level from 80-90 now? Questing still or instances?
Questing and doing instances one-off for the quests therein. Monkey runs can be faster for 85-near 90 if you have a dedicated group.
Old 2013-09-30, 11:30   Link #8083
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

So since I have started the 10 day free pass, I have to admit its nice playing the game again. Also Pandaria is a pretty cute place, really well designed, well so far. Leveled my warrior from 80 to 85 capped the exp. Then played my 85 DK capped as well. Having a lot of fun, may have to give in and buy the expansion.
Old 2013-10-02, 00:53   Link #8084
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
So since I have started the 10 day free pass, I have to admit its nice playing the game again. Also Pandaria is a pretty cute place, really well designed, well so far. Leveled my warrior from 80 to 85 capped the exp. Then played my 85 DK capped as well. Having a lot of fun, may have to give in and buy the expansion.
Level one character normally.

For the second one get the oqueue addon and level up to 90 in a couple of hours by doing monkey runs
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 01:33   Link #8085
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

1. Just get to 90.
2. Speak to Wrathion and start his legendary cloak line, Siege of Orgrimar does drop stuff from all parts.
3. Read a Timeless Isle guide and skip to current gear/content.
4. If you see players in red silhouettes on the Timeless Isle, turn around and get the hell out of there. Censure of Agony farmers can PvP kill any faction.
5. If you have Tailoring, Leatherworking or Blacksmithing, you can craft 553s this patch after 2 weeks or 1 month of cooldowns. If you have Engineering, you can craft the Sky Golem mount.
6. Don't expect people to have much of a clue in LFR runs.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2013-10-02 at 02:16.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 02:03   Link #8086
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I still wanted a two seater engineering flying mount.

Though the Sky Golum looks sort of cool.
Old 2013-10-02, 14:38   Link #8087
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Yeah just leveling normally, doing a few instances as well. I am still the first zone on Pandaria just completed all the quests there and I am level 88 and at 50%. I only PvP so catching up to the current gear will be painful.
Old 2013-10-02, 23:22   Link #8088
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Yeah just leveling normally, doing a few instances as well. I am still the first zone on Pandaria just completed all the quests there and I am level 88 and at 50%. I only PvP so catching up to the current gear will be painful.
Timeless Isle...

Any questions?
Old 2013-10-03, 07:21   Link #8089
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

All I know about Timeless Isle is that its in Pandaria and its on the map... I only started playing like 3 days ago after a 2 year break lol
Old 2013-10-03, 07:43   Link #8090
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

http://www.wowhead.com/news=219459/w...-timeless-isle

That should explain it.

And relevant to your PvP interests since nearly all of the loot the Celestials drop is 522 PvP gear.
Old 2013-10-03, 10:04   Link #8091
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Ah ok thanks, I will read that now then. Just got into Valley of the Four Winds so close to 89
Old 2013-10-11, 19:05   Link #8092
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

A little update hit level 90 a few days ago got full pvp gear with two i522 pieces. Pretty easy on my DK. Going to level my Shaman from 82 now, the only problem I have is I did a faction change with my shaman ages ago and now I am broke on her, with no professions anyone know the best professions to pick up for gold? still Mining/Herbalism? or just play the AH?
Old 2013-10-12, 00:19   Link #8093
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

They do well enough. Cloth of most types still has value as well.
Old 2013-10-12, 19:11   Link #8094
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

may do mining engi see how that goes. Shaman seems a bit underwhelming at the moment, at lvl 84. Hopefully it will feel a bit better at 90 in pvp for healing/elemental.
Old 2013-10-12, 19:40   Link #8095
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

This may be really outdated, since I haven't played the game since 5.1.

Economy between servers may differ by a lot. On some low pop servers, for example, fishes can sell for a ton (I used to make almost 1k a day selling fishes and spices). If you want to play dirty download a fishbot and let it run for a few hours...

Alchemy and enchanting are great on bigger servers. Consumables of all sorts (including stat food) sells exceptionally well on raid days (tues/wed usually). If you can camp the AH and be aggressive with undercutting you can also easily make bank in a single day. You really want a mod to do your postings/cancelling for that. If you want to play ever dirtier, add your competitors' names to keep an eye on their activity. The moment they leave the city is the moment when I just undercut every single piece of item they have posted by a copper. Transmute cooldowns is also a guaranteed source of income.

I used to do some cross server pet trades. Once upon a time the pandaren spirits sell for a lot... I actively traded and sold those for anywhere between 1k-4k... (svr dependant)

Engineering has never been a big money maker, the various enchantments can be good for PvE though.

Jewelcrafting is good money as well, but also svr dependent. There were "too many JCers" around at one point on some servers (due to old prismatic gems being too OPed for min/max) so the market kind of crashed.

Mining takes too much time. I rather go with herbalism. Fool's cap used to sell for a ton as well. I made many thousands of gold selling them on week 1 since I was one of the first to reach the level cap and can fly around...

Leatherworking/Skinning is a surprisingly niche market. People need their armor kits but not that many people like to take skinning due to crit being terrible for min/max, and unless you play a class that can effectively farm things (def not a shammy), skinning "may" net you good money as well.

I am unsure if playing the AH is good if you do not already have a ton of money and is familiar with the prices (having one of every profession certainly helps). I used to get myself really familiar with prices and just camp the AH for good deals in the form of raw materials and then turn them into "useful stuff". I might spend a ton of money buying cheap herbs and ores on "low days" then flood the consumable market on the hot days and sell some of the raw mats if the price is right.

Back in WotLK I used to buy saronite in bulk (50x12g/stack vs the usual 18g-24g) from botters and use those for gems.

Alternatively, do the dailies blizzard shove down your throat (not sure if they changed any of that after 5.1). You should be swimming in gold if you have been doing enough dailies for elder coins (or whatever they are called now).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 20:25   Link #8096
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Engineering has the Sky Golem now. It's quite profitable for the next few months, if not longer.

Enchanting sucks for gold and has for a long time.
Old 2013-10-13, 01:13   Link #8097
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Enchanting sucks for gold and has for a long time.
The correct answer is it depends on your server, right now for instance I'm selling Dancing Steel and Jade Spirit for 2.5k a pop. While Sha Crystals cost 150g, except I've been buying my sha crystals on alliance where they are 90-100g. So for 1000-1100g I've been making 1500g profit sans AH cut.

And if you bought out sha crystals week 1 of 5.4 when they were like 70g you're laughing, since weapon enchants have been going flying off the shelves since LFR wing 2 opened.

On my server the gems that sell usually are much more expensive than golden lotus, so it makes transmuting green gems into rare gems really profitable. On other servers that's not the case.

To make money in WoW you have to know your market and adjust to it, there's no sure fire seller for every server, and there's no sure fire way to make money these days, it's a lot harder to make gold now compared to Cata, which had the braindead JC method when uncommon gems sold to vendor for like 9g (and later where changed to 50 silver iirc)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 08:24   Link #8098
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
This may be really outdated, since I haven't played the game since 5.1.

Economy between servers may differ by a lot. On some low pop servers, for example, fishes can sell for a ton (I used to make almost 1k a day selling fishes and spices). If you want to play dirty download a fishbot and let it run for a few hours...

Alchemy and enchanting are great on bigger servers. Consumables of all sorts (including stat food) sells exceptionally well on raid days (tues/wed usually). If you can camp the AH and be aggressive with undercutting you can also easily make bank in a single day. You really want a mod to do your postings/cancelling for that. If you want to play ever dirtier, add your competitors' names to keep an eye on their activity. The moment they leave the city is the moment when I just undercut every single piece of item they have posted by a copper. Transmute cooldowns is also a guaranteed source of income.

I used to do some cross server pet trades. Once upon a time the pandaren spirits sell for a lot... I actively traded and sold those for anywhere between 1k-4k... (svr dependant)

Engineering has never been a big money maker, the various enchantments can be good for PvE though.

Jewelcrafting is good money as well, but also svr dependent. There were "too many JCers" around at one point on some servers (due to old prismatic gems being too OPed for min/max) so the market kind of crashed.

Mining takes too much time. I rather go with herbalism. Fool's cap used to sell for a ton as well. I made many thousands of gold selling them on week 1 since I was one of the first to reach the level cap and can fly around...

Leatherworking/Skinning is a surprisingly niche market. People need their armor kits but not that many people like to take skinning due to crit being terrible for min/max, and unless you play a class that can effectively farm things (def not a shammy), skinning "may" net you good money as well.

I am unsure if playing the AH is good if you do not already have a ton of money and is familiar with the prices (having one of every profession certainly helps). I used to get myself really familiar with prices and just camp the AH for good deals in the form of raw materials and then turn them into "useful stuff". I might spend a ton of money buying cheap herbs and ores on "low days" then flood the consumable market on the hot days and sell some of the raw mats if the price is right.

Back in WotLK I used to buy saronite in bulk (50x12g/stack vs the usual 18g-24g) from botters and use those for gems.

Alternatively, do the dailies blizzard shove down your throat (not sure if they changed any of that after 5.1). You should be swimming in gold if you have been doing enough dailies for elder coins (or whatever they are called now).
Thanks a lot man, really helpful I was thinking skinning/leatherworking but now that you mention about the farming efficiently. Guess I will rethink. Since the 10 day free trial, I made 20k on cooking with my horde Dk, herbalism made me only around 5k and most of that was from golden lotus.

Anything on the elemental shaman in pve/pvp?
Old 2013-10-13, 21:13   Link #8099
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Since I played the game far too much, and also have enchanting on my disc priest, I was able to make bank off DEing my BoEs and various dungeon drops... but then I am that asshole who rolls need whenever I get the chance to and just tell ppl I need enchanting mats. It can also be very difficult to get into until you can secure a good list of enchants (which, surprisingly few will bother to collect them all). It is important to know what enchantments each class needed and camp AH on raid Tuesday to sell as much as possible.

Cooking sells because people are too lazy to go out of their way to cook stuff, but then raid quality food (outside of feasts) can be a pain in the ass to get in MoP.

If you read between the lines, other than fishbotting, I hate farming for stuff. There are far too many (ghost iron?) veins in Pandaria as well as herbs that spawn at insane rates to a point where I do not bother picking up after the 1st few weeks.

Inscription sucks for money making but you can also make bank at the start of an expo if you have an herbalist and you gamble on darkmoon cards. I have sold decks for unreasonable amounts of money on medium pop servers (people will think "I can always just buy your deck then sell the cards that I already have afterwards").

Most people in WoW don't seem to bother making gold. You can't blame them since the game spit gold at you while tying you to a chair via daily rep grinds these days. After I got my 1 mil I started buying gamecards from guildies with gold...

ele sham at launch (rmb I stopped after 5.1) have some of the worst DPS but is also extremely easy to play (keep flame shock up/earth shock, lightning bolt and lavaburst.... the new spells back @ launch was not really worth using). Enhancement scale better but you are melee and has a lot of different procs and stuff to keep an eye on.

Shammies are excellent healers. Healing rain+cheal heal have always been "ezmode spells" and spirit link totem is a very powerful and reliable raid cooldown. Back when I did Sunwell progression raiding shammies just spam their chain heals and let the smart heal AI figure out who to heal...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 18:18   Link #8100
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Cooking sells because people are too lazy to go out of their way to cook stuff, but then raid quality food (outside of feasts) can be a pain in the ass to get in MoP.
So true about MoP cooking being a pain to get. Have to do dailies for days. Or I could just buy all the ingredients from AH, but its all over priced I think. Shammies in 5.4 are pretty strong, weak against DK's and Warriors but who isn't. My dk wrecks as DW frost which is the weakest in PvP, I think I could be wrong only been playing for about 2 weeks now.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows