AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-28, 18:19   Link #521
DC20

OK. I have no problems with it so long as it's optional. There are other characters that I would have rather seen, but that's all subjective. Good news for Edy fans though, and so long as it IS optional that can only be a good thing.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 17:28   Link #522
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Also, they've categorized all the "Class-G" videos into one page. Here's a link:
http://valkyria2.jp/character4.html
Good to see more of the characters. Licorice seems to be more cheery and not really tsundere like Edy.

Anthem Corps looks a bit odd. From what I gather, that particular class buffs and debuffs, but it still looks a bit ridiculous bringing a massive brass instrument to a fight.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 01:47   Link #523
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Well, it must be like way back in the 1800's. But something like a snare drum would make more sense.

Wait... did they forget it's 1937, not 1837? The idea of the drummers died in the trenches of WWI. No wonder that war sucked.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 03:43   Link #524
Neovoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
Well, it must be like way back in the 1800's. But something like a snare drum would make more sense.

Wait... did they forget it's 1937, not 1837? The idea of the drummers died in the trenches of WWI. No wonder that war sucked.
Wouldn't a modern concept of the Anthem Corp be almost to the equivalent of the Chinese Propaganda Speakers with Nationalism and Patriotism upgrades in Command & Conquer: Generals? Sure its unrealistic, but damn were they useful because they can heal both infantry and vehicles and you can even mount them to your Overlord Tanks for portability.
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 12:38   Link #525
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

True, but those are tanks or choppers with speakers on them, not a friggin' brass band running around on a battlefield.

(For the record, I normally had either Gatling or Bunker Overlords, or Emperors. I often overlooked the towers, save for on Helixes.)
Old 2009-12-30, 15:37   Link #526
Neovoid

The same thing goes for the Armored Techs and Fencers. You didn't see people on the battlefield armed with nothing but a large ballistic shield and a large hammer or sword in combat with the exception of Japanese soldiers and Jack Churchill, minus the shield of course.

I don't suppose anyone has posted this yet. As for the class progression it goes something like this:

Scout

|
V

Advance/Veteran Scout?

* Movement increases

or

Sniper
* Can use bolt action Sniper Rifles

Advance/Veteran Scout?

|
V

Hunter Scout? (Other possible English names maybe: Jager Scout, Pathfinder, Ranger, Elite Scout, or Expert Scout)
* Has the highest movement of any infantry

or

Heavy Scout? (Other possible English names maybe: Armored Scout, Grenadier, Panzer Grenadier, Elite Scout, or Expert Scout)
* Can use grenade launcher attachment

Sniper

|
V

Hunter Sniper? (Other possible English names maybe: Jager Sniper, Marksman, Sharpshooter, Elite Sniper, or Expert Sniper)
* can use semi-automatic sniper rifles. (Real life WWII example would be the scoped Geweher 43)

or

Anti-Tank Sniper? (Other possible may be: Anti-Armor Sniper, Anti-Material Sniper)
* can use anti-tank/anti-material sniper rifles (Real life WWII example would be the PTRS-41)

Last edited by Neovoid; 2009-12-30 at 16:00.
Old 2009-12-31, 02:04   Link #527
Runty

Okay, while searching around for stuff relating to the Wish your Smile manga, I came across this interesting VC2 info page on Enterbrain's website. Dunno why it's there, but I'm not really complaining. Here's the link:

http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/bslog/co...lcuria/report/

Think anyone can help me analyze it? I doubt a translation program is going to get me much information.

In the meantime, I'll keep my eye on the official website in case of a new update today or tomorrow. Last week's was kinda glitchy.

EDIT: BTW, could anyone provide a translation for this video? Seems to be a comedy moment, but I can't understand it.
http://valkyria2.jp/mov_character01_02.html

Last edited by Runty; 2009-12-31 at 04:31. Reason: Asking for a translation
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 03:17   Link #528
Runty

Umm, okay... no update... That sucks.
Old 2010-01-02, 08:15   Link #529
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Okay, while searching around for stuff relating to the Wish your Smile manga, I came across this interesting VC2 info page on Enterbrain's website. Dunno why it's there, but I'm not really complaining. Here's the link:

http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/bslog/co...lcuria/report/

Think anyone can help me analyze it? I doubt a translation program is going to get me much information.

In the meantime, I'll keep my eye on the official website in case of a new update today or tomorrow. Last week's was kinda glitchy.

EDIT: BTW, could anyone provide a translation for this video? Seems to be a comedy moment, but I can't understand it.
http://valkyria2.jp/mov_character01_02.html
The first link is some impressions of a VC2 demo. The atmosphere is considerably different from VC1, as the protagonists are all teenagers in a school, so the school atmosphere is quite prevalent. As you continue using your favourite characters in battle you'll slowly get to see more event scenes with them. There's going to be more than 200 missions available and more than 30 characters to choose from. The difficulty has changed, but people who aren't experienced with SRPGs will be able to enjoy VC2's easy mode, which makes it easier for you to hit enemies.

The system of having allies shooting at an enemy simultaneously with you is still present. Killing lots of enemies or capturing control points award bonus exp and money (I can't tell if exp is awarded on a class by class basis like in VC1 or to individual characters). Avan is able to adopt any class.

Multiplayer allows up to 4 people to play simultaneously. I can't tell if it's completely played in real-time, but the reviewer enjoyed coordinating strategies with her friend... and getting into a lot of friendly fire incidents . You'll be able to replay any event scenes you've watched from Avan's Room.

As for the other link, Yuriana is asking the class if there's anyone who wants to join something or take up some leadership position (not sure), and at first nobody steps up. Cossette volunteers Avan, and then Yuriana says something like "I don't think you're suitable." To which Avan replies "Sure I can! I'll show you!"
Old 2010-01-02, 22:17   Link #530
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Helix View Post
The first link is some impressions of a VC2 demo. The atmosphere is considerably different from VC1, as the protagonists are all teenagers in a school, so the school atmosphere is quite prevalent. As you continue using your favourite characters in battle you'll slowly get to see more event scenes with them. There's going to be more than 200 missions available and more than 30 characters to choose from. The difficulty has changed, but people who aren't experienced with SRPGs will be able to enjoy VC2's easy mode, which makes it easier for you to hit enemies.
The change in atmosphere was given from day one: though, the idea of the player's choices of characters possibly effecting the plot is interesting; it could be a sure-fire way to get people to play the game over and over, increasing replay value manifold.

Quote:
The system of having allies shooting at an enemy simultaneously with you is still present. Killing lots of enemies or capturing control points award bonus exp and money (I can't tell if exp is awarded on a class by class basis like in VC1 or to individual characters). Avan is able to adopt any class.
The 'allies shooting together' is quite useful in VC1. While I expect 2 will still have Lancers and Snipers unable to perform intercepts and fire alongside friendlies, the idea of getting 2-3 shocktroopers (or evolutions thereof) to conentrate fire on a single target to take it down quickly is one I'm already familiar with. Also, knowing that you get more rewards for aggression could easily inspire Avan to quickly be nicknamed "Blood and Guts."

Quote:
Multiplayer allows up to 4 people to play simultaneously. I can't tell if it's completely played in real-time, but the reviewer enjoyed coordinating strategies with her friend... and getting into a lot of friendly fire incidents . You'll be able to replay any event scenes you've watched from Avan's Room.
Which leads me to this: Are all four players Co-op, or can you have Free-for-All slugfests? If it is just Co-op, does it work like Red Alert 3's method: the Second (and in this case, Third and Fourth) player can join up at any time? Or is multiplayer restricted to set maps?

Quote:
As for the other link, Yuriana is asking the class if there's anyone who wants to join something or take up some leadership position (not sure), and at first nobody steps up. Cossette volunteers Avan, and then Yuriana says something like "I don't think you're suitable." To which Avan replies "Sure I can! I'll show you!"
Why do I smell loads of UST and a possible love triangle?
Old 2010-01-03, 01:19   Link #531
Neovoid

Shocktroopers could now be branched to Support Gunners. Just like their real life counterparts, they now can wield real light machine guns similar to the Browning Automatic Rifle, the Bren Light Machine Gun, or the infamous MG42.

I do wish this time around since we have multiple classes to choose from this time, that each class can branch into a "Special Forces" type of soldier depending on their class. Like one the Shocktrooper's final classes would be the Commando (Based off of the British Commandos), which are elite light infantry and shock troops. Well-armed, highly trained but non-regimental fighting force employing for unconventional tactics to assault, disrupt, and reconnoite the enemy.

For Scouts would be the Rangers (based off of the US Army Rangers or any other military that uses Rangers), which are basically the Scout counterpart to the Shocktroopers' Commandos. They're an elite raiding unit using unconventional warfare like guerilla tactics and specialize in operating behind enemy lines. They're essentially the commander's eyes and years specializing in LRRPs and Special Reconnaissance. Essentially when they go out on a mission, the individual would establish patrol bases, looking for signs of the enemy, setting up ambushes, etc.
Old 2010-01-03, 02:12   Link #532
Runty

Confirmed, they never planned an update for the 31st. The next one is on the 7th.

We're getting closer and closer to the Japanese release date, people. When it comes out, I hope to see some videos for the main story.
Old 2010-01-05, 18:28   Link #533
cloner4000

oowaaahh..that's a lot of updates, it's definitely shaping to be very interesting indeed. The branching path seems like a good idea, and looks like we can get more screen times with side characters. That's probably the ones thing I want changed from VC1.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 23:31   Link #534
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

I'm wondering... will we have Darcsen lancers this time? I'm scratching my head as to why we didn't have them in VC1. That would dispell anything said about the being 'weak', wouldn't it?
Old 2010-01-05, 23:49   Link #535
DC20

Quote:
I'm wondering... will we have Darcsen lancers this time? I'm scratching my head as to why we didn't have them in VC1. That would dispell anything said about the being 'weak', wouldn't it?
1) Depends on your definition of "weak".

2) Since when has racism ever been based on reason?
Old 2010-01-06, 13:27   Link #536
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
1) Depends on your definition of "weak".

2) Since when has racism ever been based on reason?
True... but, if someone is carrying a weapon at least twice their own length (though, VC2 lances look more like oversized Panzerfausts than the Middle-ages-looking things that VC1 has), you can't really call them weak, on the basis of them carrying a weapon longer than you are tall.

Plus, it's the only VC1 class (sans Sniper, but that seems to be combined with Scout) that doesn't have a Darcsen member, and I am curious as to why.
Old 2010-01-06, 14:33   Link #537
DC20

Quote:
True... but, if someone is carrying a weapon at least twice their own length (though, VC2 lances look more like oversized Panzerfausts than the Middle-ages-looking things that VC1 has), you can't really call them weak, on the basis of them carrying a weapon longer than you are tall.

Plus, it's the only VC1 class (sans Sniper, but that seems to be combined with Scout) that doesn't have a Darcsen member, and I am curious as to why.
Not necessarily. I actually looked it up in the equipment tab in game after a discussion about the lances on another board, and they're actually only 16-18kg (35-40lbs). While they're not exactly light, they aren't as heavy as they look to be either. It wouldn't be any extraordinary feat to be able to carry one of the lances around as long as the person wielding it is in decent shape (and I would assume that since they're all in the military everyone is, conscripts or no).

As for why there aren't Darcsens in every class, I would assume that they wanted to avoid a type of "Designated Darcsen" syndrome in which each class has a Darcsen unit just for the sake of being the designated minority. I'm glad they did it the way they did.
Old 2010-01-06, 18:00   Link #538
Snowman24

I think Nadine did a good job of showing that Darcsen aren't weak, she being an engineer and seeing the amount of equipment that she had to carry: backpack, numberous pouches, shovel, engineering tool as it was called and a rifle+spare ammo. It's why I love her :P
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 19:53   Link #539
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
I think Nadine did a good job of showing that Darcsen aren't weak, she being an engineer and seeing the amount of equipment that she had to carry: backpack, numberous pouches, shovel, engineering tool as it was called and a rifle+spare ammo. It's why I love her :P
True, though a Darcsen who can take on a tank head on and win couldn't be called weak by any man, racist or no. (Cue the Racists all keeping their distance from him.)

Then again, any person who can carry what I assume to be their weight in kit deserves respect (I was way off when it came to the lances).
Old 2010-01-07, 07:24   Link #540
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
No Way O_o
http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxell011/archives/1099225.html
Spoiler:
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote