http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...ijQ!YeX!YYYYbb
thats mah solo never run out of spirit or health stun loving set
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 03:46   Link #1762
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Hydra is not meant for "Burst Damage". Hydra is king of "Fight & Flight". You cast it and kite mobs around it. It allows you to continue dealing damage even when you are running away. You may not appreciate it at lower levels since you can mostly tank mobs with Diamond Skin and blast away, but that tactic won't fly in Hell and beyond (unless you grossly outgear the content).

Additionally, Poison Hydra is a boss killer as its poison pools stack, although I prefer Arcane Hydra as it is more useful against mobs. Poison Hydra is a bit too specific in what it is good against.
The problem is those mobs are faster than me I thought I could solve the problem once I get Teleport, but then I saw that teleport has a 16 seconds cooldown...

Diamond Skin is really the life saver So much so that I didn't use the other armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yeah, that is a problem until you unlock the Chaos Nexus rune, at which point you basically become the overpowered embodiment of beam-spamming death since you automatically hit anyone that tries to get near you.
Before Hydra I tried Explosion (crap forgotten the name), but it's has a charge up period and the damage doesn't seem to be all the different from Arcane Explosion.

(Frost Nova (shatter) + Arcane Explosion was how I used to do it in earlier levels )

Then I tried Slow Time, but it still wasn't significant enough to put some distance between them and me....
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 06:40   Link #1763
Wigwams

hmmmmm. i find wave of force and slow time to be really handy. wave of force is really fun, knock back enemies and returning their projectiles right back at them. before when i had little HP i used diamond skin to tank, now i do it with slow time. it helps to kite too against stronger enemies.
Old 2012-05-20, 06:46   Link #1764
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well I finished the game with a Witch Doctor at Level 33.

Holy crap though how the hell would people solo this on Nightmare and inferno?
Well somebody just did it.

Link

Funny how Blizzard games are typically aimed at casual players draws so many hardcore players to it. Then again, it might be just the case that there's just so many people who plays their game.
Old 2012-05-20, 06:52   Link #1765
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

My question was probably missed due to merging post. But how is the RDM(?, the always online for off-line play tactic) in Diablo 3 works?

Do they work like online game, where the game is almost for free, but need to log in a paid account to play the game?
Old 2012-05-20, 07:27   Link #1766
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The problem is those mobs are faster than me I thought I could solve the problem once I get Teleport, but then I saw that teleport has a 16 seconds cooldown...

Diamond Skin is really the life saver So much so that I didn't use the other armor
If you just level up to level 22, you can get Chain Lightning for Electrocute. This is my default attack now, as you can literally just click anywhere near the enemy and the lightning will arc and hit them... even behind you. When I am surrounded, and I don't have arcane energy left, I tap chain lightning like a mad man. This also helps that the lightning stuns enemies a little bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
My question was probably missed due to merging post. But how is the RDM(?, the always online for off-line play tactic) in Diablo 3 works?

Do they work like online game, where the game is almost for free, but need to log in a paid account to play the game?
You pay full price for half a game. The other half of the game is in the Blizzard servers. So you need to be online at all times to play it, even though there is no subscription fee.
Old 2012-05-20, 07:43   Link #1767
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:

DRM (digital right management) in D3 is a bit more complicated compare to other games. First of all, you have account authentication upfront followed by having Blizzard server store your character data and handling part of the game codes (things like item creation and map generation).

Hence the latency in singleplayer games.

How much is being done on Blizzard end is still unknown at this point but pretty sure some clever pirates are already sifting through the data packets to construct a server emulator.
Old 2012-05-20, 08:05   Link #1768
Haikea

Maybe remote game engine helps against piracy because it should be harder to mimic game engine code by analyzing network traffic than analyzing game engine code itself.

In the future, it might get even harder, if servers only output video+audio stream and local user outputs input data only like mouse and keyboard commands. That will make botting harder too because bots have to literally see and hear, if they want to get any data from the game environment. It would also be very useful work time for technology, if crackers consume more their time to improve AI vision and hearing compared to easier data analyzing which actually doesn't exist in real world as it does in current online games.
Old 2012-05-20, 08:17   Link #1769
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haikea View Post
Maybe remote game engine helps against piracy because it should be harder to mimic game engine code by analyzing network traffic than analyzing game engine code itself.

In the future, it might get even harder, if servers only output video+audio stream and local user outputs input data only like mouse and keyboard commands. That will make botting harder too because bots have to literally see and hear, if they want to get any data from the game environment. It would also be very useful work time for technology, if crackers consume more their time to improve AI vision and hearing compared to easier data analyzing which actually doesn't exist in real world as it does in current online games.
It just takes longer, there are private servers for MMO games that works under the same principle.

As for cloud gaming, it's already been introduced by OnLive. Main draw of such system is the removal of end user hardware limitation giving such service provider a wider range of audience as long as they have broadband network, TV and an input device (controller/keyboard&mouse).

While it's not very popular yet but it's definitely the way videogame industry to moving towards as internet connectivity/infrastructure continues to improve.
Old 2012-05-20, 08:28   Link #1770
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haikea View Post

And yet, you completely forgot about the CONSUMERS.

Here I am, a paying customer, with lag in my single player game. This is really the beginning of the end; when "making the best game you can" is no longer the goal, the game company can only fall. The intentional introduction of crippling lag is BAD. This was the reason multiplayer games traditionally avoid server side functions whenever possible. Every time you put one more thing on the server instead of the customer computer, you add lag. And the worst part is 90% of the lag is avoidable. This is why people are complaining; low speed internet that was perfectly functional for every other online game, is inadequate for DIII.

(EDIT: Server's down. Now I can't even play my single player game.)
(Double Edit: Just found out that Australians are suppose to play on the Americas server. So does that mean I have to re-roll my character? I guess if it means a little less lag...)

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-05-20 at 08:59.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 08:49   Link #1771
Wigwams

i dont think D3 uses alot of bandwidth. i have max 180 kbps DL, connecting from SEA to US with 300 ms ping average. sometimes it goes near 400 but rarely more. and that's with someone streaming vids, with my other games like SC2 and tribes:ascend, i already lag with 2000+ ping. but not with D3.
Old 2012-05-20, 08:52   Link #1772
Haikea

If people want offline version from Diablo III, boycotting the game and letting Blizzard know about it, could do something, if there is enough people who do that. Blizzard is doing business and if people complain, but still bring their money, Blizzard can pretty freely do whatever they want. They might do offline version some day or not.

Offline version would be nice, but I can see the little benefits against duping, bots, hacks, piracy, etc. with online version. They could design separated offline game engine which works technically different way, but for the gamers it is still same. I don't know, if it makes much difference.

Pretty much every similar online game suffers from long downtimes during the release and some time after that. Maybe these things are just so complex, you can't do everything right first time.
Old 2012-05-20, 08:58   Link #1773
Wigwams

yeah but for them to create an offline version, they would need to give everyone their own servers. meaning what blizz is hiding in their HQ, they will need to allow everyone to DL to their own PCs to make offline available.

the problem is when that is done, it is very easy now to create private servers, all people need to do is just connect to some other servers and you have successfully pirated D3.

on the other hand if they make "another version", then that's not D3 anymore. its a different game. they would need to change like everything so that the downloadable server cant be used against the online server.
Old 2012-05-20, 10:00   Link #1774
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Eu severs are down , really want to continue on my witch doctor farming gear for Inferno. Sort it out blizzard
Old 2012-05-20, 10:18   Link #1775
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The people complaining about difficulty when they're not even through NM are probably the same folks who complained the heroic instances in Cataclysm were too hard.

Hint: it was not.
Difficulty is relative. Everything is hard when you're not used to it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 10:58   Link #1776
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
yeah but for them to create an offline version, they would need to give everyone their own servers. meaning what blizz is hiding in their HQ, they will need to allow everyone to DL to their own PCs to make offline available.

the problem is when that is done, it is very easy now to create private servers, all people need to do is just connect to some other servers and you have successfully pirated D3.

on the other hand if they make "another version", then that's not D3 anymore. its a different game. they would need to change like everything so that the downloadable server cant be used against the online server.
You make it sound like Diablo 1 and 2 doesn't exist. Or that somehow private servers was a crime. You just described how Blizzard made their money before WoW. Last I checked, Blizzard didn't go bankrupt because they sold offline single player games.
Old 2012-05-20, 12:31   Link #1777
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
DRM (digital right management) in D3 is a bit more complicated compare to other games. First of all, you have account authentication upfront followed by having Blizzard server store your character data and handling part of the game codes (things like item creation and map generation).

Hence the latency in singleplayer games.

How much is being done on Blizzard end is still unknown at this point but pretty sure some clever pirates are already sifting through the data packets to construct a server emulator.
So can you go to your friend house, and then log into your character and play there? You know, like online gaming?
Old 2012-05-20, 12:34   Link #1778
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
So can you go to your friend house, and then log into your character and play there? You know, like online gaming?
Yup you can, your character is saved on Blizzards data. I use two different computers, one for me and one for my wife. I can switch between the two if I ever feel like doing so

Still waiting for the severs to be online getting so mad.
Old 2012-05-20, 13:55   Link #1779
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

The reason why D3 is an online game is quite simple: Greed... and Activision. But all kidding aside, it was done with 2 purposes:

1: Piracy: since 15% of the game is stored in blizzard's servers it is hard for pirates to get their hands on the missing data in order to crack it.

2. Auction house: Blizzard is going to be making tons of money, just like it does with WoW, by having players giving them some extra cash on the side from buying items with real money. Having the game work entirely online stops hackers from creating fake items and cheating in-game.

In all honesty, I am really disgusted with Blizzard. Ever since some of its key people split up to form Arena Net after creating WoW 7 years ago, the company has shifted dramatically towards a corporate mindset. But what put the nail in the coffin for me was its partnership with Activision. The company has adopted Activision's tactics and it is now making games every year and milking its successful tittles with endless sequels for pure profit's sake.

Diablo 3 confirmed my worse fears, blizzard is no longer the same innovative company of years past. Its last greatest achievement was WoW 7 years ago, but it then lost key people. Now whats left of it is a group of uninspired corporate goons who can't make original games, and are too worried about piracy to respect their costumer base. They are too blind to realize that piracy is just a service problem.

The dream of the digital media industry is to virtualize all content. In this way they can easily restrict the freedoms of their customers so that they control any attempts at manipulating their products in any way possible. This will create a profit monopoly where ordinary people will never own anything they buy.

If they get their way and everything becomes cloud based, computers will cease to be tools of data input and creation but instead become little more than glorified TVs, which is perfect for the corporate world because more control equals more profits.

Mark my words of doom and gloom; D3 is just the beginning!
Old 2012-05-20, 14:21   Link #1780
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So its bad because you can't pirate it? @_@ You're not saying why its bad other than the Online only.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler