AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2009-02-04, 07:30   Link #141
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

last known said from Ken Akamatsu was when we was around chapter 200, where he said that we was around halfway ... proberly just short of halfway :P
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 17:49   Link #142
Devouree
Promoted at last :)

hmmm, so approx. another 160 chapters to go... that's good enough for me :P Thx Sian.
Devouree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 17:54   Link #143
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Of course, half-way story wise doesn't necessarily mean half-way chapter-wise.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 19:12   Link #144
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

there was no notice as of weather it was story or chapter wise ...
Old 2009-02-11, 05:24   Link #145
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Of course, half-way story wise doesn't necessarily mean half-way chapter-wise.
Yeah, right... I'm reading book now of series which supposed to be of 3 books... Now we have books 1-3, book 4 tomes 1-2 and i'm reading book 5 tome 1... and 1 or 2 more are still written. And it's not about money - just story couldn't be told in lesser volume. I can easily see something like that to happen with Negima. On other side second "half" could be smaller... don't looks like it though with all that conspiracies and such.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 20:22   Link #146
ellifeedn
Thinker

Are all spells and incantations in this series spoken in Latin?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 21:42   Link #147
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Atleast I beg too god that there will be an anime that will follow the footsteps of the manga all the way without turning up like the old anime versions which turned out pretty badly.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 16:54   Link #148
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Are all spells and incantations in this series spoken in Latin?
No, some western spells are in Greek (and possible other "old" languages also, I can't remember). There are also Eastern spells that use sanscrit.
In the Ala Alba OADs the spells are double-voiced in both Japanese and latin at the same time (like how the spells are written in kanji with latin furigana in the manga).
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 21:01   Link #149
Fandal

I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but why is so much of Negima's animation just bad when compared to other anime? It could be just my eyes, but I have this feeling that so much is missing from the drawings from what could be there. Occasionally there's sparks of great animation, but so many scenes feels like...the budget ran out.

Is there still enough fan support that if they redid the anime w/ better quality, people would buy the series again (like the re-releases of Star Wars or old Disney films)?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:53   Link #150
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

the Anime sucks because they generally sucks at transferring Ken Akamatsu's stories from Manga to Anime ... only thing they've succeded with as of yet is the Shiroki Tsubasa OVA's which is an inbetweener between Tournement and Magic World Arc ...
Old 2009-04-22, 18:25   Link #151
TakumiFuji

Question here

ive watched/own the Negima boxset from viridian. and the storylines from the summer, spring, and al alba dont add up is there another version of Negima i should purchase in order for the story to make sense.
TakumiFuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 18:52   Link #152
Xacual

Ala Alba OVAs and a little more than half of the first Negima series are really the only canon anime. The only suggestion I have is to read the manga if you want the actual storyline.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 05:22   Link #153
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

To explain, the reason the storylines don't add up is because the OVA's are based on the manga.

The Negima TV series and the Negima manga have two vastly diverging storylines. I'd suggest reading the manga, as that is what the OVA's are based on.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 11:11   Link #154
KimmyChan

It is true that the Negima Spring & Summer OVA specials have a running time of roughly 25 minutes each?
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 14:11   Link #155
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

sounds about right
Old 2009-04-26, 11:42   Link #156
KimmyChan

I thought so, as I was thinking about buying the DVD of them both very soon as it's released here in the UK on 4th May
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 12:07   Link #157
Toshiro Zaki
Toshiro=Ascend Death Road

Send a message via Yahoo to Toshiro Zaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakumiFuji View Post
ive watched/own the Negima boxset from viridian. and the storylines from the summer, spring, and al alba dont add up is there another version of Negima i should purchase in order for the story to make sense.
Al alba, summer, and spring anime of negima are from chapters in the manga. Negima's anime ends differently than the manga, plus a character was taken out. If you want to understand the story lines of summer and al alba, then find the manga. The spring one I think was just an added bonus.

Last edited by xris; 2009-06-27 at 06:30.
Toshiro Zaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 23:34   Link #158
hideki101
Bored out of his mind...

In any of the chapters that take place at night in the Magical World, are there any scenes that have a moon in the sky? I can't find any.
hideki101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 18:36   Link #159
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by hideki101 View Post
In any of the chapters that take place at night in the Magical World, are there any scenes that have a moon in the sky? I can't find any.
There are. 2 moons that looks pretty much like Mars ones...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 19:00   Link #160
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
You mean, sort of potato-ey?
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote