AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-05-27, 10:27   Link #281
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Credens justitiam is an example of Kajiura Yuki at her finest, when she is able to reach a harmonious equlibrium between power, beauty and kinetic elegance.

The last time she composed something so heart-pounding yet so uplifting was Sei Otome No Inori (Prayers of the Sacred Maiden) for Mai Otome.

Just been inspired to make a music-video compilation of the the most heartbreakingly-beautiful/elegant Jet Li and Donnie Yen fight scenes with song.
Old 2011-05-27, 11:01   Link #282
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Credens justitiam is indeed the best track on it (oh my beloved Mami, I still got you in my vhost on IRC ), not surprisingly, but how come I find the cover done by nico nico more impressive than the version in OST somehow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Credens justitiam is an example of Kajiura Yuki at her finest, when she is able to reach a harmonious equlibrium between power, beauty and kinetic elegance.

The last time she composed something so heart-pounding yet so uplifting was Sei Otome No Inori (Prayers of the Sacred Maiden) for Mai Otome.
Personally I still find Himeboshi (note that certain places romanized it wrongly) from Mai-HiME her best track, OST/BGM-wise. The fact that Kajiura had it included in her concerts multiple times means something.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 11:05   Link #283
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Oh, I was only talking about her most feel-good heroic and uplifting songs...

Her BEST is when she let's you charge through a gothic forrest of opera on a burning black steed of high-octane rock, like she did when she took you on the journey that is Mezame of Mai Hime, arguably the greatest battle theme EVER written for an Anime.
Old 2011-05-27, 11:10   Link #284
Dop
Mmmm....

Is it wrong that I love Credens Justitiam so much that when it played again in episode 10 I cheered? Because if that's wrong I don't want to be right.

It just fit the character so well.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 11:17   Link #285
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Is it wrong that I love Credens Justitiam so much that when it played again in episode 10 I cheered? Because if that's wrong I don't want to be right.

It just fit the character so well.
It isn't wrong at all.

Because at that moment you're meant to feel like how Homura-chan felt when she was exposed to the world of Magical Girls for the very first time. You have literally met Beatific, Magnificent Fairy Queens borne out of the stuff of your most wonderous and beautiful dreams, and this song is meant to reflect that emotion.
Old 2011-05-27, 11:22   Link #286
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Credens justitiam is indeed the best track on it (oh my beloved Mami, I still got you in my vhost on IRC ), not surprisingly, but how come I find the cover done by nico nico more impressive than the version in OST somehow?
i actually like them both. the nico version seems to have a more loli-feel-like voice, a younger effect like spring time. while the official version gives a more mature fuller voice like that of summer. and both always give me tears T____T
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 11:33   Link #287
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
Yuki Kajiura and Eri Itoh. Can't go wrong with this combo.

Quote:
Oh, I was only talking about her most feel-good heroic and uplifting songs...
How 'bout Contractor from Pandora Hearts OST, then?
Old 2011-05-27, 11:40   Link #288
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
How 'bout Contractor from Pandora Hearts OST, then?
Yet to see it.

Though I was told THE best song by her to practice Martial Arts to is the battle-theme of Tsubasa Chronicles, is that true?

At any rate, will be practicing spins and sword forms to Credens Justitiam for a very, VERY long time from now on.
Old 2011-05-27, 11:45   Link #289
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Though I was told THE best song by her to practice Martial Arts to is the battle-theme of Tsubasa Chronicles, is that true?
If you're referring to "A Song of Storm and Fire", then yes.
Old 2011-05-27, 13:57   Link #290
Snork
Twilight lander

the battle theme? it may also refer to Break the Sword of Justice, which is more like a battle theme there.
But A Song of Storm and Fire remains my favourite among Yuki Kajiura's works, so...
Old 2011-05-27, 19:34   Link #291
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
i actually like them both. the nico version seems to have a more loli-feel-like voice, a younger effect like spring time. while the official version gives a more mature fuller voice like that of summer. and both always give me tears T____T
I agree, while the nico version is nice, I felt it was kinda blabbering the words towards the end from not knowing the actual lyrics, haha.. I do give credit for trying though. I listened to it a lot, but now it's time for me to embrace the original; now you can make a case of which speed do you like better; the existing one or the slow down from episode 1 version? I really like how the flute and guitar sounds in the slow-sped version. It makes me appreciate it more xD
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 23:06   Link #292
Tainaka
Enpatsu Shakugan

So for the past few days I've also been insanely in love with Credens justitiam ...and ended up stumbling across some lyrics. No idea how accurate they are nor do I know what language it is (latin? Or maybe Kajiura's own little language XD) but thought I'd drop them here for you guys to ponder

Spoiler for Credens justitiam Lyrics:

Actually, I didn't realize it said "Kajiurago" in nice big bold letters until just now lol. So I guess it's just another one of those Kajiura-made up song lyrics

Last edited by Tainaka; 2011-05-29 at 00:04.
Tainaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 08:51   Link #293
Snork
Twilight lander

Kajiura said herself more than once that lyrics like these have no meaning. Apparently, they're just there to use vocals as an instrument more efficiently (you can't do with the constant "aaaaaaaaaah/ooooooh/lalala" all the time, I guess). Then again, Kajiuran does have some semblance to Romanic languages.
It's known that Kajiura is an opera fan, and I heard that in Italian operas, the Italians themselves admittedly understand about every tenth word or so. Stretching a line over elaborate vocal works does that. And they enjoy the music anyway, with the lyrics more as a special kind of arrangement. I wonder if Kajiura created her "language" with this in mind.
Old 2011-06-03, 12:07   Link #294
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Someone created a fan-made version of Madoka's final theme.

Madoka-sama.

Sometimes I can't help but get amazed at the talent of some composers at niconico.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2011-06-03 at 13:29.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 00:50   Link #295
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
All I can say is that after listening to the first Madoka soundtrack, I'm really hoping that the next installment brings in the epic choruses that we saw towards the end of the series, especially with vs. Walpurgisnacht battle. That might actually be the track I'm looking forwards to the most.

As for the first disc, here's what our reviewer thought about the first Madoka OST. Basically, more of the excellent stuff that Kajiura's served up, though it lacks on the high-octane action stuff and has one too many pointless ambience at times.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 07:54   Link #296
FJ-Kowz

Puella Magi Madoka Magica OST Vol.2

1. Decretum (1m48s)
2. Agmen clientum (1m44s)
3. Venari strigas (2m46s)
4. Signum malum (1m46s)
5. Amicae carae meae (2m01s)
6. Incertus (1m39s) (1m54s)
7. Inevitabilis (1m54s)
8. Serena ira (2m01s)
9. Anima mala (1m43s)
10. Pugna infinita (1m55s)
11. Vocalise Op.34 no.14 (3m35s)
12. Ave Maria (4m48s)
FJ-Kowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 10:08   Link #297
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

My poor language skills seem to think "Pugna infinita" would be something like "Infinite Battle" but given the source material, infinite might suggest "infinitely repeated". I hope that one is the Walpurgis fight song. Octavia's battle song would be nice too.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 12:49   Link #298
Snork
Twilight lander

I place my initial bet on Anima Mala to be Octavia's theme. Pugna Infinita may be Homura's theme played in timeline 4 (ep 10), but I doubt they'll include WN theme in this OST.
Old 2011-06-18, 17:58   Link #299
Mentar
Banned

The WN battle theme is the most fantastic piece in the anime, in my most humble opinion. I'd be more than surprised if they wouldn't leave it to the final OST.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 18:19   Link #300
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Do we have a release date for the second OST?