AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-06, 00:29   Link #41
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I'm just waiting for a true ZA WAARUDO haxer.
Every ability-based shounen has at least one of those mofos.
MUDA DA!!!

I'm all for over-the-top powers as so long as they are acknowledged as completely over the top and bat shit insane.
Old 2012-12-06, 01:09   Link #42
itachi-san314

haha! TIL about Za Warudo and the Mudah stick figure comic. good stuff guys =)

also, is vergo officially dead or what?
Old 2012-12-06, 10:15   Link #43
marvelB

After checking out the chapter again, I now have a translation-related question to ask: Did Caesar really say that the countries he planned to sell his weapons to were "peaceful" ones? I guess I find that a little odd since, well.... why would a peaceful country want such deadly weapons in the first place? I mean, I guess I could sort of understand that they would want a means to maintain their peace, but why suddenly start making deals with shady underground brokers? I'd sort of figure that nations suffering under heavy pirate attacks would be more likely to consider purchasing Shinokuni, but not the ones that are relatively well-off. If Aohige or anyone else who knows Japanese is reading this, can you clarify....?
Old 2012-12-06, 11:05   Link #44
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
After checking out the chapter again, I now have a translation-related question to ask: Did Caesar really say that the countries he planned to sell his weapons to were "peaceful" ones? I guess I find that a little odd since, well.... why would a peaceful country want such deadly weapons in the first place? I mean, I guess I could sort of understand that they would want a means to maintain their peace, but why suddenly start making deals with shady underground brokers? I'd sort of figure that nations suffering under heavy pirate attacks would be more likely to consider purchasing Shinokuni, but not the ones that are relatively well-off. If Aohige or anyone else who knows Japanese is reading this, can you clarify....?
Noticed that too, but its One piece somethings really don't have to make sense, on the other hand the new world is a dangerous place I guess even he peaceful countries would need the bestest weapons o the market wether that be the black or normal market. I'd say that this is a lost in translation moment, maybe the japanese translation doesn't exactly say peaceful but something along those lines.
Old 2012-12-06, 13:40   Link #45
Rainbowman

Sorry for the late reply. Was Christmas shopping yesterday. Main highlight of this chapter: Ceaser Clown fusing with Shinokuni.
Old 2012-12-06, 17:14   Link #46
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
Noticed that too, but its One piece somethings really don't have to make sense, on the other hand the new world is a dangerous place I guess even he peaceful countries would need the bestest weapons o the market wether that be the black or normal market.

I dunno.... to be honest, I'm still leaning toward Caesar's line being a mistranslation because quite frankly, those speedy scan groups don't exactly have the best track record in terms of decent translations. That's why I'd rather ask someone more familiar with the language to clear things up.

Still, if Caesar's line really was accurate, I'd love to see how that business negotiation went down:

"Good day, sir! I'm the president of Tranquilopolis, the most peaceful nation in the New World! We've never had any history of wars, pirate attacks, or cruel dictatorships since our country's founding. Despite that, we decided right out of the blue that we want.... nay, need a deadly weapon of mass destruction to keep any and all potential enemies at bay. That being said: Ya think you can hook a brutha up with a WMD, Mr. Scientist-Who-Looks-Like-A-Demon-Clown? "
Old 2012-12-06, 22:21   Link #47
leokiko

Just some images showing who is who in the(amazing) double spread:

Spoiler:

Garp looked freaking cool.
Old 2012-12-07, 05:52   Link #48
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Vergo is not there..
Old 2012-12-07, 06:05   Link #49
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Vergo is not there..

He's actually right above Z there~
Old 2012-12-07, 07:17   Link #50
ronin myael
lost ronin

first of all, great great color spread! i liked it so much that i turned it into my laptop wallpaper!

good chapter this week. looks like law was simply held back by the fact that vergo had his heart. but overpowered or not, he's still cool in my book. but if he's that powerful, then i shudder to think about doffy's abilities. if he's the one who supposedly humiliated and mutilated Z then he must really be one powerful and twisted pirate.

i liked usopp's speech, it reminded me of the one he made in alabasta when his opponents made fun of his captain. me thinks usopp will find a way to save everyone from the gas. it's about time he gets to be the hero!
Old 2012-12-07, 14:27   Link #51
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Just some images showing who is who in the(amazing) double spread:

Spoiler:

Yeah, great job to whoever did all those comparison images! And yeah, I'm still convinced that the guy with the fedora is Bogart. Actually, one particular thing I notice about that spread is that Kong doesn't seem to appear in it. I find that rather curious since he's a former FA and all, but I suppose Oda doesn't want to reveal his younger self yet since we barely know anything about the guy so far....
Old 2012-12-08, 00:02   Link #52
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

first I thought that Usopp's speech was out of place and without a reason...

but then I recalled that Caesar was basically comical, vile and stronger version of Kurohadour who have made Luffy very angry by using, sacrificing, betraying and killing his own crewmates in the Syrup village's arc

ok nice one there Oda
Old 2012-12-08, 03:55   Link #53
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
That guy next to bellemere-san , the one called cancer looks SO much like Kohza. And young Smoker looks freakishly like Mr. 1. and really could've never figured out Drake.
Old 2012-12-08, 07:33   Link #54
mrShady

Great chapter and hopefully we are nearing the end of the Punk Hazard arc. I would like to see them have some fun in the new world as opposed to the constant fighting, some smaller adventures would be awesome.

Also that Z movie spread... Is it me or is Brooke really tall, he's even taller than Franky .
Old 2012-12-08, 14:05   Link #55
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Also that Z movie spread... Is it me or is Brooke really tall, he's even taller than Franky .
Of course. Brooke is easily the tallest strawhat. We've known this ever since he was first shown in Thriller Bark.
Old 2012-12-08, 15:06   Link #56
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Of course. Brooke is easily the tallest strawhat. We've known this ever since he was first shown in Thriller Bark.
Lol true never noticed
However that was pre time skip Franky. Current Franky is the same size, at least according to the opening shots.
Weird though I never noticed Brooke was that tall.
Old 2012-12-10, 04:03   Link #57
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Not only that but that old lady looked pretty hot in the ol' days.
Old 2012-12-10, 11:03   Link #58
noktown

I like how everyone's carrying a weapon in that picture,only Luffy's carrying a gigantic piece of meat.

Only Luffy can carry a piece of meat like that and make a serious face.
Old 2012-12-11, 10:06   Link #59
CaptainSmoker

I think next arc Luffy may go after Don Flamingo?

Really interested to see how they get off this island, I wonder if Smoker will confront Luffy- and get ass kicked.

And the whole Zoro Tashigi thing is hilarious xD Hope we get more info on that
Old 2012-12-11, 13:08   Link #60
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

... Why would Luffy try to capture Luffy now?
Closed Thread