AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-06-01, 03:22   Link #3581
demino_hellsin
That one guy

umm... he bases the theory on constellations then? To him such a thing is like playing connect the dots. Things like feng shui and the like dictate a flow and each point can dictate where the flow of telesma bends to. In index, they use the generalized theory that four points must be established to create the temple where telesma will descend, but in this guy's case he has no time to do that. He uses a system where he designates which parts of an existing telesma flow he needs and which he doesn't. As something he researched he even reaches the same level of magic circle construction as the amakusa that he can identify 3-dimensional arrays and overlapping arrays.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 03:24   Link #3582
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
As far as I can tell, such mages don't exist in canon. (otherwise, I'd have no story to tell for fanon Knights Templar!)
You're joking, right?
Index SP, Stiyl's chapter. Dammit, Stiyl's rune cards themselves. Norse Mythology SS the chapter about artificial living being. Tsuchimikado, eh?
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 03:33   Link #3583
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Here's a question, now that we're on the topic of OC's.

How does the idea of an Esper who can manipulate vibrations sound to you all?
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 03:35   Link #3584
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Kinky and epic all rolled into one?
Old 2013-06-01, 03:36   Link #3585
R.LocK
My turn

Uber OP, Accelerator-like on higher levels.
Old 2013-06-01, 03:40   Link #3586
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Kinky and epic all rolled into one?
There is something definately wrong with you my friend.....*high-fives*

Quote:
Uber OP, Accelerator-like on higher levels.
Care to elaborate on this opinion?

Also....TA-DAH!

A Certain World of Darkness Chapter 8
Old 2013-06-01, 03:50   Link #3587
R.LocK
My turn

Think about it. Would you want to touch a man with such an ability if he's a Level 4? I wouldn't.
First of all, his ability would be insta-win in CQC. The defense is actually meaningless since we use our body parts to absorb the shock and he can ignore it, attacking inner parts of the body. Next, using vibrations he can casually tear apart skin, flesh or the surface of some materials. Pretty sure that Level 5 would be able to casually destroy the structure of more sturdy materials.
And he, potentially, can cause people mishear sounds. I cannot think of more for now but even these possibilities fascinate me and scare me.

Also, he would be loved by all girls. Think about it. He's basically living massage machine. And... screw that, I refuse to say more on this topic.
Old 2013-06-01, 04:51   Link #3588
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
There is something definately wrong with you my friend.....*high-fives*

Care to elaborate on this opinion?

Also....TA-DAH!

A Certain World of Darkness Chapter 8
YESSSSS!!!!!!

Off to read!
Old 2013-06-01, 04:55   Link #3589
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Think about it. Would you want to touch a man with such an ability if he's a Level 4? I wouldn't.

First of all, his ability would be insta-win in CQC. The defense is actually meaningless since we use our body parts to absorb the shock and he can ignore it, attacking inner parts of the body. Next, using vibrations he can casually tear apart skin, flesh or the surface of some materials. Pretty sure that Level 5 would be able to casually destroy the structure of more sturdy materials.
...Yeah, definitely someone I wouldn't won't to touch.

Quote:
And he, potentially, can cause people mishear sounds. I cannot think of more for now but even these possibilities fascinate me and scare me.
Likewise here now that you bring up those factors. So, now we raise the question as to how to limit that esper's abilities to a degree that he would still be a challenge yet not overly so that the above factors would come into play. Like, lets say if he was a Level 3?

Quote:
Also, he would be loved by all girls. Think about it. He's basically living massage machine. And... screw that, I refuse to say more on this topic.
LOL!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-06-01, 05:18   Link #3590
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How gamebreaker is the ability to touch telesma anyway?
Old 2013-06-01, 05:21   Link #3591
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Um....depends on the amount I guess.

How much Telesma are we talkin' here?
Old 2013-06-01, 05:41   Link #3592
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Imagine telesma flow as a flowing viscous gel like substance. How much can you grab with your hands? XD Ofcourse established lines can be grabbed like a pipe.
Old 2013-06-01, 05:46   Link #3593
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author

I should probably mention that Telesma and AIM are opposing forces. Kinda like Accelerators large AIM field can feel pressure exerted by Telesma. An esper with the ability to touch or grab telesma probably wouldn't work. Or it would have to be an esper that can match Accelerator's AIM field strength.
furaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 05:48   Link #3594
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Hmmm....difficult question there.

Personally, I'm a science-side guy. Magic-side is enticing but I would need a lot of time and do a lot of research beforehand to make a magic-side OC. I can do that, but I have very little reason to given how my story is progressing.

Still, to answer the question presented, can I cup my hands together as I hold the gel? XD Joking aside, um, I'd say that would be pretty damn gamebreaking if you ask me. But, from what I understand, doing so is extremely damaging on the body and can kill you; but in exchange the amount of power you get is astounding. Look at Aqua during WWIII. He sapped all the Telesma of an Angel, but the process of doing that nearly killed him.

Again, I'm a science-guy, but I'm still convinced that being capable of doing what your implying would be ground-breaking.
Old 2013-06-01, 05:49   Link #3595
demino_hellsin
That one guy

that's why the ability originates from something which is neither magic nor esper. I made a new category just for it. Primordial. Even the Origin elements I wanted to put in are the same. Primordial abilities are powers that exist as precursors to both magic and ESPer. ImagineBreaker is something I classify as primordial, an ability that exists outside of magic and ESPer classification.
Old 2013-06-01, 05:54   Link #3596
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I thought that IB was classified as a Divine ability; much like Fiamma's Holy Right was.
Old 2013-06-01, 06:02   Link #3597
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
I thought that IB was classified as a Divine ability; much like Fiamma's Holy Right was.
That's all fan speculation.

In fact, a lot of what we know are actually just fan speculation.

It is a special type of power, but there isn't an official classification for it.

Only in the recent volume, NT5, does Kamachi actually explain more about it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 06:07   Link #3598
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

.....I knew that....

Also, nice to meet you Chaos of Crawling.
Old 2013-06-01, 06:14   Link #3599
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I call it primordial because IB gives off that feeling. Described as a phenomenon that returns everything to the original state. It ignores the laws of higher or lower realms and merely returns everything to what they should be. Hence my classifying it as primordial.

The first ability I ever thought of seriously is considered the same in scale. The Eyes of Alice are eyes that can see everything, the various overlapping universes, past, remote present, futures, possibilities, thoughts, feelings, memories, mana, leylines, spell structure, AIM fields, personal realities. They are eyes that see on a scale that can only be described as god-like. At the pinnacle of this ability is the capacity to interact with these things with nothing but bare hands.
Old 2013-06-01, 06:17   Link #3600
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well for simplicity sake I'll explain.

Magic is created by normal people who envy 'gifted' people, or people born with special powers and the talent to wield them. In other words, any spell that is wielded by humans is called magic.

Esper abilities are base on the scientific technologies of Academy City used to modify humans into Espers. The AIM that they produce stands for "An Involuntary Movement". Once they become Espers, they are considered 'people with talent' and so they are incompatible with magic.

Now for the grey areas- there are unique natural espers that exist outside of Academy City known as gemstones. These are still AIM producing espers, but they are born with their powers, not modified.

Saints and Valkyries are also people born with 'talent' but strangely enough, they can use magic.... I need to dig deeper into this and whether or not their have their own special class of spells.

God's Right Seat are special humans that can't use normal magic, but can instead use powerful Angelic magic.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction