AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 17 20.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 30.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-19, 13:09   Link #101
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
If we are upping the bar, I'm pretty certain Laura's entry into the Harem will just be as spectacular and everyone will be bowing before her.
oh, i'm already bowing before her! my eye-patch goddess.
Old 2011-02-19, 13:37   Link #102
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I love Charlotte but Houki seems the one Ichika clicks with.
Ichika did show signs of him actually caring for Houki, or it may just be me taking things the wrong way when he was wondering who would be paired up with Houki.

But Charolotte clearly is ahead of the other girls as of now.. 3 episodes solely dedicated to her and Ichika's "friendship" is actually surprising for me..
Old 2011-02-19, 15:21   Link #103
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I like Laura and think she is going to be a good addition, but I'm not sure anyone is on the same power level as Charlotte is in this series or in any other series this year so far...I could be wrong though...Vive la France!!!
Old 2011-02-19, 16:38   Link #104
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I just found this out on TvTropes.

Spoiler for Guess which VIP watched the IS torunamnet?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Speaking of mockumentary, anyone see the name Michael Scott as one of the guests? I know, I know, it's just a very common English name, but I'd like to personally believe that he's from a certain paper supplies company.
I guess I was being too ambiguous there that no one noticed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Ichika did show signs of him actually caring for Houki, or it may just be me taking things the wrong way when he was wondering who would be paired up with Houki.

But Charolotte clearly is ahead of the other girls as of now.. 3 episodes solely dedicated to her and Ichika's "friendship" is actually surprising for me..
I guess, like the majority of the watchers so far, even the authors like Charlotte better than the other girls in the harem...
Old 2011-02-19, 19:15   Link #105
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Houki and Laura are a perfect team. One is chilling too hard, the other is too zealous. The story will probably resolving in both of them resolving each others problems.

Ichika earned a few redeeming points this episode, but he's still not out of the gay zone, yet.

Overall series has improved, compared to previous episodes.
Old 2011-02-19, 20:45   Link #106
n120cky

Go Charlotte, do your best to get Ichika out from his gay zone .

I wonder if the battle will be IchikaXLaura and CharlotteXHouki, but i found it not fair because Houki is the only one who doesn't have personal IS.

Something bugging me is why Chifuyu doesn't have a boyfriend? I mean she is not bad . . .
Old 2011-02-19, 21:40   Link #107
Dahak86
Classics never age

Hm, don't think that Ichika's gonna get out of his gay zone anytime soon...
hell, this episode even reinforced that with his remark of liking 'male' Charles.
Old 2011-02-19, 22:02   Link #108
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Something bugging me is why Chifuyu doesn't have a boyfriend? I mean she is not bad . . .
This probably sums her up: Hot as hell to look at - impossible to live with. You better be prior or active military or else your life will be a hard one.

Seriously, she probably doesn't need a man in her life right now - what can they do for her? No man can outfight her, no man can command the respect and adoration of legions of squealing fangirls/cadets, and no man can protect her little brother from the rest of the world like she can.

If Major Mokoto Kusanagi was a human, she'd be Chifuyu.
Old 2011-02-19, 22:39   Link #109
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
*cough*lesbiancouple*cough*
Old 2011-02-20, 00:30   Link #110
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
This probably sums her up: Hot as hell to look at - impossible to live with. You better be prior or active military or else your life will be a hard one.

Seriously, she probably doesn't need a man in her life right now - what can they do for her? No man can outfight her, no man can command the respect and adoration of legions of squealing fangirls/cadets, and no man can protect her little brother from the rest of the world like she can.

Yeah i got your point, and in addition it might have something to do with her family trauma. She only need her brother to be safe now.
Old 2011-02-20, 01:35   Link #111
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Chifuyu is a bitch, plain and simple. The man has gotta A. Be her personal whooping boy or B. Strong enough to put her in her place (in the kitchen)
Old 2011-02-20, 01:45   Link #112
Kagayaki

^ lol. As a third option, my inner yuri fan is screaming at me that Laura and Chifuyu were meant for each other.
Old 2011-02-20, 01:46   Link #113
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

1. Character A attacks Character B with a supposedly powerful attack, shrouding Character B in fire or smoke or whatever.
2. While the smoke or fire is clearing, Character A declares their victory prematurely and naively.
3. Surprise, Character B is unscathed!

I'm surprised action anime are still using this cliche so much. It's gotten to the point that if we simply omit the premature victory declaration in step 2, the suspense is a lot more interesting. It's not nearly the worst cliche I've seen in action anime, but it is one of the most egregious.

The dialogue to the fight in this episode was a hilariously lame attempt at wit. I hate Laura so much. She was deliberately trying to attack Rin and Cecilia while they were unarmored! Apparently she doesn't care about being expelled if she could barely scratch Ichika, huh? Idiot. Not as much of an idiot as Ichika, but still moronic.

And what's with Rin and Cecilia after they were saved? "It would have been fine even if you hadn't come save us." "If we continued like that, we would have won." Did they even notice their own fight? Their darn suits were shut down, they couldn't do anything but be saved! Serves them right to be disqualified from the tournament

Most things about Ichika I hate also, he seems to be the prime example of "how not to write a harem protagonist". But I also realized that I can't stand his seiyuu. Maybe Uchiyama Kouki has some decent voice talent, but his voice combined with Ichika's character is absolutely horrible.

The undressing scene was hard to follow. How did Ichika end up with the panties in his hand? It's likely that the more racy shots and animation was cut out for the TV release and will be shown in the BD. Speaking of that scene, I'm getting more irritated with Ichika. Charlotte specifically said she didn't mind Ichika seeing her changing but Ichika has to be such a dork and play the saint.
Old 2011-02-20, 03:28   Link #114
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
^ lol. As a third option, my inner yuri fan is screaming at me that Laura and Chifuyu were meant for each other.
it's too bad that Laura is destined to join Ichika's harem isn't it?
Old 2011-02-20, 04:54   Link #115
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
it's too bad that Laura is destined to join Ichika's harem isn't it?
Nothing is "too bad" once you've mastered the power of self-suggestion while watching anime. Who is this Ichika you're talking about, anyways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I hate Laura so much. She was deliberately trying to attack Rin and Cecilia while they were unarmored! Apparently she doesn't care about being expelled if she could barely scratch Ichika, huh? Idiot. Not as much of an idiot as Ichika, but still moronic.

And what's with Rin and Cecilia after they were saved? "It would have been fine even if you hadn't come save us." "If we continued like that, we would have won." Did they even notice their own fight? Their darn suits were shut down, they couldn't do anything but be saved! Serves them right to be disqualified from the tournament
Well, it was basically an even fight, so I'm not surprised they thought they could have won. I guess we'll never know, since Charlotte came and ended the fight. Talk about your cool finishing moves! I'm glad they're actually doing creative things with the CG in this show. With that kind of beatdown, I think Laura got her payback for starting such a dumb fight.

Anyways, she was so cute when she was embarassed about losing that I couldn't possibly be mad at her.

Quote:
Most things about Ichika I hate also, he seems to be the prime example of "how not to write a harem protagonist". But I also realized that I can't stand his seiyuu. Maybe Uchiyama Kouki has some decent voice talent, but his voice combined with Ichika's character is absolutely horrible.

The undressing scene was hard to follow. How did Ichika end up with the panties in his hand? It's likely that the more racy shots and animation was cut out for the TV release and will be shown in the BD. Speaking of that scene, I'm getting more irritated with Ichika. Charlotte specifically said she didn't mind Ichika seeing her changing but Ichika has to be such a dork and play the saint.
You keep mentioning this Ichika person. Is that some reference to some other show you guys have seen but I haven't?

Are they making an H-OVA for the BD then? That's the only way I can think of to make it racier that Charlotte's full frontal nudity, especially in that part where Houki ended up with Charlotte's panties in her hand.
Old 2011-02-20, 05:06   Link #116
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Spoiler for my impressions (by now you should know what it's going to be):

Last edited by Haak; 2011-02-20 at 05:25.
Old 2011-02-20, 05:51   Link #117
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
They're proud and hardcore tsunderes. They didn't want to look weak in front of their beloved. Charlotte figured it out right away, Ichika of course, was completely oblivious to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So the girls think they can go out with him without him being allowed to have a say in it. If it were any other guy I'd feel sorry for him but because this is Ichika we're talking about I hope he ends up with some random fat girl. I know he won't but I can still dream. And then the girls run away screaming. Talk about being discrete. But I guess that doesn't matter since even the obvious flies past Ichika.
For starters, there are no fat girls in this school. Secondly, Ichika is going to win the tournament. Cecilia, Lin, and Houki will be relieved and delighted since it means no girls will got out with him. It's precisely at this point that Charlotte will choose to disclose her gender and claim the date for herself right under their noses. Trojan horse strategy. Go, France!
Old 2011-02-20, 06:44   Link #118
JleeLink
....yeah

Great episode but I'm really questioning Ichkia's obsession over changing together with others... It just seems odd... It is heaping evidence towards Ichika being gay and would it would explain his incredibly dense mind perfectly. Would also make a pretty interesting surprise and seeing the reactions from every single girl in the harem.

But anyway, like others have mentioned i'm amazed Laura was able to get off with pretty much almost strangling Rin and Cecilla to death and then trying to fire at them when they didnt even had their IS's on anymore. Clearly that would of resulted in death so I really wonder what Laura had in mind to kill them...

I'm also amazed the shield still works when they were being strangled and kinda destroys my idea that the shield was a sort of flat invisible thing where instead it seems to be something that bends around the actual body and frame.
Old 2011-02-20, 08:17   Link #119
John117xCortana

Well he is the only male in an all female school. I guess he just wants to be able to feel ok changing clothes without having to look over his shoulders for females who want to take a peek at him.
Old 2011-02-20, 08:20   Link #120
Rag

I'm really interested in how this show is gonna end. Cliffhanger, normal ending that leads to S2? I really, really, really hope they don't pull off a School days on us....
Closed Thread