AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-10, 14:43   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

K-On! - Character Discussion - Mio

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Mio related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all K-On! fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion), there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:04   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Majority's favorite! Banzai~

Still... Does look like Yomi after all.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-04-10, 18:08   Link #3
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Everyone's fav <3 I've surrended to the Mio madness too... But I really like all of them so it's kinda hard to say who's my favorite... I bet this is gonna be the biggest character thread though

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-04-10, 18:12   Link #4
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

As expected. Absolutely like her. Character development was really interesting in second episode for me.

So much of fanart with her.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:12   Link #5
Falkor

[o] favorite character
[o] favorite character design
[o] favorite voice
[o] favorite personality

Mio is the only one I care about... :3

I can easily see her popularity skyrocketing with more episodes.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:13   Link #6
Meatrose
Antihero

Aye, she's awesome (so far). Like I said in the episode 1 thread; this show could be just about her and I'd still watch it. ^^;
Old 2009-04-10, 18:16   Link #7
typhonsentra

Yeah, I think it's safe to assume she'll be the most popular cast member.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:17   Link #8
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
On pixiv, MOST of K-on pictures have Mio. It just tells a lot.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:18   Link #9
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Me and her are alike.
Kudos to that.

>:3
Old 2009-04-10, 18:18   Link #10
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Why and how does this happen?

It's like every fanbase has this tendency to latch on to particular characters for little to no reason. I remember a disproportionate amount of people expressing their love for Mio right from the start...

Flashbacks to Toradora...
Old 2009-04-10, 18:22   Link #11
ChocaPik

I guess the ending help too.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:23   Link #12
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
There is no needed reason for love! *kira*

For me... She is the best of the group (as a character, I can't say she is great, but compared to the rest, she is at top), because compared to the rest, her character design, personality, and such are the best.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-04-10, 18:25   Link #13
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocaPik View Post
I guess the ending help too.
For some reason, I get the feeling it's more that people like the ending because of Mio than people liking Mio because of the ending.

Just a hunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
For me... She is the best of the group (as a character, I can't say she is great, but compared to the rest, she is at top), because compared to the rest, her character design, personality, and such are the best.
's a matter of taste, I guess... but I just wonder why this particular type seems inevitably popular.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:28   Link #14
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
For some reason, I get the feeling it's more that people like the ending because of Mio than people liking Mio because of the ending.
I, for one, like Mio the most because of the ending. That whole bit of animation just sold me completely on the show - and her.

Old 2009-04-10, 18:29   Link #15
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
's a matter of taste, I guess... but I just wonder why this particular type seems inevitably popular.
well if I had to guess alot of people are fond of long dark haired look

well thats more my personal taste but I'd have to say she has got the prettiest character design
Old 2009-04-10, 18:30   Link #16
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I, for one, like Mio the most because of the ending. That whole bit of animation just sold me completely on the show - and her.
Again, it's probably just a matter of taste, but I for one absolutely hate the ending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
well if I had to guess alot of people are fond of long dark haired look
Probably that... I noticed the same phenomenon with Toradora.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:32   Link #17
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:

It's like every fanbase has this tendency to latch on to particular characters for little to no reason. I remember a disproportionate amount of people expressing their love for Mio right from the start...

Flashbacks to Toradora...
Well, I don't think that we'll end up judging these characters by their actions but by their traits and personalities, and since this is an adaptation of a lighthearted yonkoma manga I wouldn't expect any serious character development. I haven't checked out the source material though, so I can't know for sure. I'd like to think that it's somewhat safe to assume that the characters you like in the beginning of a show such as this will also be the ones you like at the end of the show. Mio seems to be the unrivaled favorite right now, and I'd be somewhat surprised if that changed later on. Not that I would like to bet any money on that though.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:33   Link #18
Hedd
Random Object

her appearance gave me the impression of Yomi for Ga-Rei Zero even though her personality is a complete opposite

Old 2009-04-10, 18:36   Link #19
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Typical Yamato Nadeshiko appearance might explain it too. It's something that strikes a chord with men everywhere.
Old 2009-04-10, 19:10   Link #20
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Typical Yamato Nadeshiko appearance might explain it too. It's something that strikes a chord with men everywhere.
Now I'm wondering what, if any, was the equivalent of such a term for the non-Yamato peoples of Japan, such as the Ainu...

...but anyway.

Tags
characters