AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-18, 21:23   Link #3601
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
a teaser image of Minori's latest game called 夏空のペルセウス

Found on their site.

http://www.minori.ph/lineup/perseus/index.html
(you probably need a japanese proxy to view this page, because Minori apparently blocks foreign ip's)

More info will be published in 2 magazines: techgain and push (which unfortunately isn't available in the usual webshops that i buy my magazines from)
More new Minori is good....Always good
Old 2012-06-19, 08:56   Link #3602
farios

Speaking of minori it seems that their latest game Supipara didn't meet up their expectation and have to continue on a manga or light novel, i didn't play the game but the visual was amazing,well i guess they got a little carried away with the all-ages thing

And it seems that this Natsuzora no Perseus(?) is for 18+ again
Old 2012-06-19, 12:05   Link #3603
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
Speaking of minori it seems that their latest game Supipara didn't meet up their expectation and have to continue on a manga or light novel
Out of curiosity, is there a source for this? I understand of course that a different game is coming up next, but it's quite possible that they've had two different teams working on it.

Edit: Found the source, which is a summary of this month's Push magazine apparently.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-06-19 at 12:33.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 19:40   Link #3604
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Ugh, that's disappointing. I was really looking forward to playing Supipara... but it would suck if the second half never came out in some form.
Old 2012-06-21, 06:34   Link #3605
hyl
reading #hikaributts

More screenshots for Natsuzora no Perseus

edit: found some magazine scans on http://pcgameconquest.blog.fc2.com/

Last edited by hyl; 2012-06-21 at 06:52.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 23:40   Link #3606
Yye1
Wide Right

is it me or does a lot of eroge main characters have Junichi as their name

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 01:28   Link #3607
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
is it me or does a lot of eroge main characters have Junichi as their name
Well, (depending on the kanji of course) it has a fairly simple and straightforward meaning of "first-born" (son), so it's somewhat of a generic name that tells you something about the protagonist. I think it's not a terribly uncommon name in real life either.
Old 2012-06-22, 11:15   Link #3608
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

1) So ~ Just dived into Mikurin's route until first h-scene.
As I said before, I like Mikurin, yet her whole dilemma about bottling her problems up, could have been a tiny bit shortened up. Then again the whole moments prior to the confession and the scene itself was very lovely. The chocolate-kiss took quite an amount of courge for her . I think up to ecchi 1 they also have made a cute couple (Sakura no Reply manages to make each couple quite adorable, IMHO).
BUT, Ichigo, oh Ichigo. I know you are smart, but seriously? "What's the matter with me. My heart aches and I feel all fuzzy and strange when I think of Mikurin" You have three choices what this feeling symbolizes: a) love, b) koi, c) Liebe/l'amour .
Generally, given Ichigo's "smile magic" I thought that the magic would play a more defining role, not counting Mikurin's power. Sure, maybe not as much as with Da Capo ... I think you have the only supernatural thingy also in Mai's route
Spoiler for Mai ending stretch:

2) I finished one route in Shiawase Kazoku-bu
First off, the strong point(s): The heroines. Osananajimi, cute kouhai, robot, student president, sempai. And a poor male friend who is forced to crossdress 99 % of the time *lol*. The music is also enjoyable, similar to most of the humor.
The boring: Hello MC. He's pretty generic. Bad at school, ecchi-mind, donkan. Based on this most dialogues concerning his ecchi-ness (and the female cast "glaring" at him) gets quickly boring.
Anyway, route 1 Osananajimi Konoha: Not too bad. Her drama was okay-ish, but MC's first two attempts to "cure" her have been a horrible excuse to include an h-scene >_<. The final way of solving it was correctly done, but lead to an uhm ... unhealthy outcome for the MC, which leads to me conclusion - the epilogue.
I first really thought it would end melodramatic due to how the the scene started and the ending pre-creditroll ended Obviously, I was glad it ended on happy terms ^^.

@"popular" MC names: I also feel to have encountered a handful "Kousuke", "Yuuto" and at least two Yuyas
Old 2012-06-23, 15:14   Link #3609
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Recently started DCIII but decided to leave it on hold to play some game trials.

First was Alcot Honey Comb next title: 1/2 summer. My first impression of the game was positive. All the characters are very likable with Ushio as my favorite and already wishing for Kazuha route. Really like the art for the game with the artist being the same one that worked on Lump of Sugar's PrismRhythm.

The plot has the classic "protagonist returning home after years of absence" with a few twists including a supernatural element. Not as much as is Harupoco but there is quite the amount of comedy in this game along with much appreciated romance and ichaicha.

Looking forward to the full game.

Spoiler for 1/2 summer Trial:

Second game trials I played was AXL’s Dolphin Divers. My impression for this one wasn’t as positive as 1/2 summer’s mainly because the trial focused too much on the “training” part instead of developing the characters so we could get to know them better. Surprisingly the only character we get to know a little more of is a secondary heroine.

Still, the trial was enjoyable for the most part and both the main and sub heroines are charming which is why I’m thinking of giving the full game a chance.

Finally, also read the trial for UnisonShift:Blossom’s Tokeijikake no Leyline. This one was really good. The trial is divided in various scenes developing both plot and characters. This trial did a great job at getting my attention and interest in the full game. There seems to be only three heroines but, I’m hoping for a secret Rito route.

Spoiler for ”Tokeijikake no Leyline Trial”:
Old 2012-06-24, 02:43   Link #3610
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Recently started DCIII but decided to leave it on hold to play some game trials.

First was Alcot Honey Comb next title: 1/2 summer. My first impression of the game was positive. All the characters are very likable with Ushio as my favorite and already wishing for Kazuha route. Really like the art for the game with the artist being the same one that worked on Lump of Sugar's PrismRhythm.

The plot has the classic "protagonist returning home after years of absence" with a few twists including a supernatural element. Not as much as is Harupoco but there is quite the amount of comedy in this game along with much appreciated romance and ichaicha.

Looking forward to the full game.

Spoiler for 1/2 summer Trial:
1/2 Summer trial left a bad impression to me, the plot felt really rushed, the main character seems to accepts all of the oddity around him too fast that i didn't feel the importance of all of it, and the scene in the bathtub what the hell was that supposed to be? I liked Harupoco but this is really not a promising start
Old 2012-06-24, 07:58   Link #3611
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I agree that Leyline's trial was prety good, but it was also very short :/
Old 2012-06-24, 13:39   Link #3612
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
1/2 Summer trial left a bad impression to me, the plot felt really rushed, the main character seems to accepts all of the oddity around him too fast that i didn't feel the importance of all of it, and the scene in the bathtub what the hell was that supposed to be? I liked Harupoco but this is really not a promising start
Yes, he does accept everything so quickly I can't help but wonder if Kuroha may have something to with it. We must also consider that her existence is common sense for all the people related to the inn which may be why I found nothing wrong with it.

I would not say the plot is rushed because the trial ends with more questions than answers regarding Kuroha's goal. I believe it's more accurate to say the plot didn't have a proper development to catch the readers attention.

All that say. I agree that the plot may not deliver in the final product but, I'm in mostly for the characters anyway. Harupoco had a nice plot but lacked on romance and ichaicha. 1/2 summer seems to be the opposite just from the trial.

Quote:
I agree that Leyline's trial was prety good, but it was also very short :/
I believe a second trial is on the way though it may only contain those h-scenes listed in the first.
Old 2012-06-28, 08:05   Link #3613
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Done with 3 routes of Shiawase Kazoku-bu. I feel like letting loose a bit of frustration!
Spoiler for venting:

Anyway: Mikage's route was probably the most harmless route as there was no real drama in it. And the short part from her point of view was quite cute .
Ougi's route had one of the mentioned lovely moments pre-confession, but the constant uneasiness was annoying and the drama conclusion between her dad and her was just stupid in how it started *shakes head in disbelief*.

Oh well, time to play someting more "simple" like Fortuna Rhapsody Or I try Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete
Old 2012-06-28, 12:12   Link #3614
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The 2nd leyline trial is just as expected just the first trial but this time with the 3 H-scenes that were not accesible before.
Old 2012-07-03, 15:38   Link #3615
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Yoho, as I have much time on hand, an bunch of brief impressions (as usual).
Kono Oozora ni Tsubasa wo hirogete: The game has given off a great atmosphere/vibe when it comes to flying with the glider (basically the main theme of the VN is that the [sky] soaring club where MC and co joins builds a glider in oder to view some kind of special dawn above the sky). The OST fits greatly during the test flight and the real deals. And the heroines are likeable. Due to her large screentime during the opening(s) Kotori-chan appears to be more "important" plot-wise. Her dream to fly being connected to her being bound to the wheelchair. She appears to have the tsundere traits, but her dere side is super adorable and cute Furthermore the confession scene did totally fit the overall theme of the VN. route still ongoing ~
On the other side *ugh, the osananajimi Ageha. Gosh, it was a pain in the @ss that she bottled everything up until the end The only icha-icha were pretty much the h-scenes, but the ending was well enough. Her younger sis would have been a cuter route choice in addition!
Strangely, the last two girls - twins - were only offically introduced after the second opening.
Still, I can warmly recommend to try at least Kotori-chan's route

Secondly, I peaked into Fortuna Rhapsody. Uhm, ignoring the drama that is to be expected, I'm unsure what to exepct. Unlike other goddess-genres the local mystery chara starts with total amnesia, i. e. she cannot communicate coherrently nor can she understand the language. Obviously, she's instantly attached to Mr. MC and absorbs the things taught to her like a sponge.

And ~ Hatsukoi 1/1: Even though it's futile to hope for a no-drama in a title named "Hatsukoi", I have already started to take a guess which scenario will happen to which girl. Nontheless the girls are very likeable, the MC more or less usual and I will still hope for a few rabu-rabu + icha-icha moments pre-drama start.
Old 2012-07-03, 19:36   Link #3616
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Regarding Kono Oozora ni Tsubasa wo Hirogete, I definitely agree that Kotori's route is the centerpiece of the work, and the whole story is well-conceived and assembled. The metaphors and symbolism are a little bit blatant at times, but still well-done; it's pretty easy to identify with both Aoi and Kotori as they go through their journey together. I also agree about Ageha... the route wasn't bad, and there were definitely some interesting thematic elements, but the main source of the conflict was frustrating to watch play out (and even when you understand why it was, it still doesn't make it seem all that justified). The routes for the twins are a bit shorter (two half-routes), and I think the relationship there was a fair bit less realistic, but they still incorporated a few interesting themes and concepts (I liked use of the "Nothing Gold Can Stay" poem and related analogy, for example -- Yoru really came into her own during that route). Right now, I'm working to finish Amane's route, which contains a lot of the backstory that was alluded to in the other routes. In the end, though I would still say Kotori's route is the strongest and the other routes can't quite measure up, there is still some motivation to play through all the different routes to see the story from various unique perspectives. The art and music are quite good, and they make good use of effects here and there to enhance the presentation (similar to Bell Stars, also by Pulltop). All in all, a solid work that could easily be recommended, particularly if you like the theme.

Regarding Hatsukoi 1/1, I was won over by the trial mostly because the pacing of the story is very good, and the characters are fairly well-developed. It probably won't win any awards for originality (it's an anniversary work, so is playing a bit on being a tad "old school"), but it seems very well put-together. It's another game where I think there'll be some incentive to play through all the routes.
Old 2012-07-04, 05:07   Link #3617
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Speaking of trial. I also played the trial of Futsuno Fantasy and I loved the setting of "how to make fun of old school rpgs" in it and basically turned the whole idea around so that it centeres around the Maou wanting to live despite the prophecy saying "You are going to be defeated by the heroine and her team no matter what" Funny how so many clichés are being used: Taking the stuff found in lockers, NPCs with the same dialogue one-liner, "immortal" yuusha, etc
The comedy certainly appealed to me.

Edit:
Finished Futsuno Fantasy 1. I loved it even though it used every cliché of rpgs it could muster. Obviously, the corny moments didn't bother me either. Jade's change of mind at the end, during the final battle, was nice and his VA during that part + the final boss theme were quite cool. His whole tsukkomi act during the journey was funny because he questioned and went "WTF" on each roleplaying "rule" A nice welcome was that all h-scenes were optional, but I think at least the scene of heroine is required to get for choosing the girl-of-choice's route in part II.

And~ Hatsukoi 1/1
Long drawn-out drama once it appears, but fortunately not each was untolerably bad.
Midori: Yuuma and her rabu-rabu moments were sweetness incarnated and very needed before her drama started which hit the main lead like a truck with full speed. For sure, I could feel for Midori's quite heavy regret, self-loathing and pain she had to endure. 'Nuff said both deserved their happy end without a doubt.
Yukino: I didn't expect that the VN used a koibito-gokko scenario as one of the pre-confession anxieties and I only encounterd such a scenario once (which was painful to "read"). Furthermore the usual lack of awareness of the MC that childhoodfriend relationship can also lead to going out with eachother made it more annyoing than it could have been maybe. But, here as well their rabu-rabu time was sweet and nedded because drama #2 showed up after it was forshadowed. To be fair it wasn't too bad, but felt like Midori's drama too long, i. e. until the last stretch of the route . Fortunately, the MC had supportive friends or else he would still be doomed in that regard.
Still on-going: Kyou -> Pre-confession drama felt the most unneeded or rather too forced than it did any "good".

Last edited by Mahou; 2012-07-06 at 18:08.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 11:28   Link #3618
hyl
reading #hikaributts

My initial impression for 1/2 summer and Sora's route.
Spoiler for spoilers for Sora:

The visuals are ok, but nothing amazing eventhough some character proportions were a little off in some scenes and some of the backgrounds in the inn looked odd. Some of the BGM's like "Reminiscent" were very nice and quite relaxing.

Let's hope that the other 3 stories are better, because Sora's route ended being disappointing

edit:after playing it the 2nd time while aiming for Kanami i realized that i mistook the last part of the common route (picking the choices (3 times) that lead to a specific heroine) as the first part of Sora's route. So that means Sora's route was even more boring than i thought

late edit:
finished Kanami's story and it was so much better than Sora's

Spoiler for spoilers for Kanami:

In the end i really liked Kanami's route , eventhough the
Spoiler for spoiler:
kinda came out of nowhere and the story itself is not that original.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-07-04 at 19:50. Reason: Impression on Kanami's route
Old 2012-07-08, 00:57   Link #3619
Yye1
Wide Right

hi i just got akaneiro ni somaru seka and mashi iro symphony and im just wondering if there is an english or chinese walkthrough?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 09:37   Link #3620
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
And~ Hatsukoi 1/1
Long drawn-out drama once it appears, but fortunately not each was untolerably bad.
Midori: Yuuma and her rabu-rabu moments were sweetness incarnated and very needed before her drama started which hit the main lead like a truck with full speed. For sure, I could feel for Midori's quite heavy regret, self-loathing and pain she had to endure. 'Nuff said both deserved their happy end without a doubt.
Yukino: I didn't expect that the VN used a koibito-gokko scenario as one of the pre-confession anxieties and I only encounterd such a scenario once (which was painful to "read"). Furthermore the usual lack of awareness of the MC that childhoodfriend relationship can also lead to going out with eachother made it more annyoing than it could have been maybe. But, here as well their rabu-rabu time was sweet and nedded because drama #2 showed up after it was forshadowed. To be fair it wasn't too bad, but felt like Midori's drama too long, i. e. until the last stretch of the route . Fortunately, the MC had supportive friends or else he would still be doomed in that regard.
Still on-going: Kyou -> Pre-confession drama felt the most unneeded or rather too forced than it did any "good".
I played Runa's route first and it almost made me quit. Personally, I found Yuuma in her route to be too dense and drama too dragged out for me to get into it. Some nice moments though. Good thing, I tried Yukino's afterwards, since that was much much better. Way to go, supportive friends.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel