AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-11, 04:17   Link #61
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
There aren't many sure-fire hits anymore. Titles like Toradora!, Toaru Majutsu no Index (and by extension, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun), and Shakugan no Shana were very popular before they were animated, so they all got big budgets and 24/25 episode runs.

However, most of the really popular sources have already been animated, so everyone's adapting relatively poor selling manga and light novels (with the slightest glimmer of potential). Sponsors don't want to risk as much money, although they tend to leave the endings open for sequels in case something turns out popular.
That's the sad truth.

But does Kaichou-wa Maid sama deserve 25 episodes and does Ookami-san deserve 12 episodes? it should be reversed.
Old 2011-01-11, 09:44   Link #62
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
BOOM!... EPIC WIN!, in Yumekui Merry, Merry's VA is amateur but seems to be a veteran. and another thing about their 1st anime in 2011 (i'm pointing to Merry), they started with 12 episode run, and Aria the Scarlet Ammo will be the next one in line.

Why will they have to make a 12 episode anime series?
I guess it is mostly because they have plan to adapt many series but considering most of them aren't that famous, they may just run it for 12 episodes.
Or maybe they are busy with too damn many anime!!!!
I mean, take a look at Fall 2010 anime:
Bakuman
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Tantei Opera Milky Holems
Toaru Majutsu no Index II

And the compare it to other famous studios and you would pretty much realized that J.C have lots of shows that forces them to make some of it, 12 episode anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
There aren't many sure-fire hits anymore. Titles like Toradora!, Toaru Majutsu no Index (and by extension, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun), and Shakugan no Shana were very popular before they were animated, so they all got big budgets and 24/25 episode runs.

However, most of the really popular sources have already been animated, so everyone's adapting relatively poor selling manga and light novels (with the slightest glimmer of potential). Sponsors don't want to risk as much money, although they tend to leave the endings open for sequels in case something turns out popular.
Few of those reasons have been answered above and considering some of your answers and mine is pretty much the same,
There aren't much.
Aside from that, they also human, which is part of the reason on why they didn't do around 6-7 shows in a row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
That's the sad truth.

But does Kaichou-wa Maid sama deserve 25 episodes and does Ookami-san deserve 12 episodes? it should be reversed.
Yes, it is a sad truth.

AS for KWMS, I actually enjoyed it much more that Ookami-san >.>
It felt more, realistic that Ookami-san.
Old 2011-01-11, 20:22   Link #63
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Spoiler for Kaichou-wa Maid sama:

Look at her finger... JC Staff are doing a serious lazy job with this one XD

Nendoroid © Good Smile Company
"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Garigari-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 21:09   Link #64
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garigari-kun View Post

EXACTLY!

THis is what i called "the Mahoromatic syndrome". In one hand, you've got an anime that is well drawn and postmodern in its art design (Railgun), on the other you got an anime so lazily drawn that it looks like it was drawn in 1996(Maid-sama)!
Old 2011-01-11, 21:23   Link #65
Wolfnagi

Quote:

lulz.....

Quote:
EXACTLY!

THis is what i called "the Mahoromatic syndrome". In one hand, you've got an anime that is well drawn and postmodern in its art design (Railgun), on the other you got an anime so lazily drawn that it looks like it was drawn in 1996(Maid-sama)!
For some reason, certain people just didn't care about the little tiny thing that happen in it simple because:
1. They watch it LQ (like me)
2. They watch it live in TV and doesn't have time to notice anything.
3. They are just plainly didn't care bout it.
Simple to say, for me at least, that the art itself doesn't suffered concern me as long as it looks almost the same.
Beside, its not like everyone cares about the little tiny detail.
Plus, KWMS plot is still definitely better.
Old 2011-01-11, 21:39   Link #66
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91
EXACTLY!

Nobody is perfect. It was just a little error.. we should don't mind it and enjoy watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
For some reason, certain people just didn't care about the little tiny thing that happen in it simple because:
1. They watch it LQ (like me)
2. They watch it live in TV and doesn't have time to notice anything.
3. They are just plainly didn't care bout it.
Simple to say, for me at least, that the art itself doesn't suffered concern me as long as it looks almost the same.
Beside, its not like everyone cares about the little tiny detail.
Plus, KWMS plot is still definitely better.

lol, you're right

Spoiler for My Little Sister XD:

Y'know, guys I was like that when I'm watching my favorite anime's (just like I've watch a new episode of Hayate no Gotoku S1 first came out… good ole times!)

"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-11, 23:59   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
EXACTLY!

Was Kaichou's animation really that bad? I ddn't notice anything

(Then again, I skipped out on the middle portion of the series...)

Point is, I wouldn't notice small things like bad animation unless it was freaking everywhere in the episode... Being too picky about Stuff like that would just downgrade one's enjoyment.

On the earlier topic, I like both Ookami and Kaichou equally, but I did feel that Kaichou got abit draggy in the middle cause they were just reusing the same format, it's still fun, but it wasn't anything different. Also, I don't see why people don't like the fairy tale parody setting of Ookami, I personally thought it was a very nice touch, plus I get to learn more Japanese folk tales

P.S - I heard that Ookami novel just ended at vol12, is this true?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 08:50   Link #68
Taufiq91

Does anyone also notice that JC Staff (and SHAFT) also did in-between animation for IG & Gainax's FLCL?

i can see certain JC Staff trademarks in FLCL. it's really cool and i think it help set the standard for what we see in Index/Railgun and Toradora!
Old 2011-01-14, 20:00   Link #69
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Well, when it comes to Comedy, Romance, School, and Shoujo. I compared J.C. Staff's Kaichou wa Maid-sama and Gonzo's Special A. Simply put the main characters in both Special A and Kaichou wa Maid-sama are 99.9% the same when i first watched KWMS all i could study was...

-Misaki and Hikari 2nd place, relying on a cool guy Usui and Kei
Usui and Kei
-Misaki/Hikari is completely unaware that Usui/Kei loves her.
-Usui and Kei are very overprotective.
-Nah! I have many too mention XD

Btw, I really really like KWMS Opening theme (My Secret by Saaya Mizuno) but always laugh in this part of the song.. XD
Spoiler for Maid-sama:

"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-15, 01:29   Link #70
Wolfnagi

lol, as for me,
KWMS and Special A are pretty much typical shoujo story that I have read.
Considering the basis of shoujo story is similar, it doesn't surprised me.
Old 2011-01-16, 00:33   Link #71
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

See you talk about Kaichou wa maid-sama animation. Made me think about something that people complain to Jc.staff directly lately.
I heard that the animation of IndexII is..goes downhill. Hmm..I have some plan to marathon this.But when I heard about it.I don't know. it's true or not? Because I found the first season has some of very good animation.
inkphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 00:40   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkphoenix View Post
See you talk about Kaichou wa maid-sama animation. Made me think about something that people complain to Jc.staff directly lately.
I heard that the animation of IndexII is..goes downhill. Hmm..I have some plan to marathon this.But when I heard about it.I don't know. it's true or not? Because I found the first season has some of very good animation.
Unless you're the type to freeze frames at awkward timing, then for most of the episodes so far it's just fine. There are low points like any other show but I wouldn't say 'downhill'.

In fact, the recent episode has a beautiful shot of Chioggia, Northern Italy.
Old 2011-01-16, 02:36   Link #73
Wolfnagi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Unless you're the type to freeze frames at awkward timing, then for most of the episodes so far it's just fine. There are low points like any other show but I wouldn't say 'downhill'.

In fact, the recent episode has a beautiful shot of Chioggia, Northern Italy.
Well, just like Chaos said above,
Unless your the kind of guy who watch the art EVERY FREAKING FRAME,
Then you won't noticed the animation faulty much,
I think its mostly come from abundance of work and one week of deadline,
It really pushed their abilities.
Old 2011-01-16, 07:34   Link #74
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
Well, just like Chaos said above,
Unless your the kind of guy who watch the art EVERY FREAKING FRAME,
Then you won't noticed the animation faulty much,
I think its mostly come from abundance of work and one week of deadline,
It really pushed their abilities.
Oh I see.
I feel more relief now.
Anyway, One week with 25mins of animation is really hard.
I hate to say this but personally I bored to see people complain about the animation or graphic.I'm feel really pity to the staff.

The story is the most important thing for me.
Old 2011-01-17, 01:01   Link #75
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Quote:
Oh I see.
I feel more relief now.
Anyway, One week with 25mins of animation is really hard.
I hate to say this but personally I bored to see people complain about the animation or graphic.I'm feel really pity to the staff.

The story is the most important thing for me.
Yes! The story is the most important.. And I agreed to those people who complain about the animation, but don't take it srsly... Just enjoy watching the anime that you watch.

"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-17, 05:23   Link #76
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

Quote:
Yes! The story is the most important.. And I agreed to those people who complain about the animation, but don't take it srsly... Just enjoy watching the anime that you watch.
Haha+ I don't take it seriously anyway.

Anyway For the Jc.staff fans.I recommended Nanaka 6/17 if you want to learn about jc.staff more. Somehow I see the list in the myanimelist and remember that I've ever watch this anime too.And remember that It looks really good.
Are you guys ever heard about this?
Look like it's something rare...again.
Old 2011-01-17, 05:32   Link #77
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

about the level of JCStaff's fan service, Merry (ep2) is too much than Index (2nd-ep14), they adjusting their limits on that

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 06:09   Link #78
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
about the level of JCStaff's fan service, Merry (ep2) is too much than Index (2nd-ep14), they adjusting their limits on that
But Merry fanservice scene is really fast. I didn't noticed their butt until people capture that pic.And compare to Index. that Merry scene look much less appeal and less sexy than Index one.
Old 2011-01-17, 08:46   Link #79
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But Merry fanservice scene is really fast. I didn't noticed their butt until people capture that pic.And compare to Index. that Merry scene look much less appeal and less sexy than Index one.
Probably more to do with the art direction. Compared to Merry's art, Index's is more... Defined? I guess...
Old 2011-01-17, 10:21   Link #80
Wolfnagi

I haven't watch Merry yet (already downloaded it but keeping on hard drive till have enough time to watch),
But I do agree that Index fanservice is kinda, lots......