AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 8 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 18.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 45.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 15.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-08, 01:20   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-01-08, 14:03   Link #2
HandofFate

Decent reintroduction episode.
Didn't expect them to write out the parents like that.
Nibutani 2.0 is random.
Old 2014-01-08, 14:12   Link #3
Soverence

Well the first episode was really entertaining that is for sure. It did a good job of establishing how the characters tired to change over the summer break and what they want to do with their next year of high school. Although I think we can rightly say none of them have really changed other then maybe Kumin cause well she was awake for once .

One thing that bugged me about the episode was the whole black and white 3D shaky motion that they used twice I believe, it seemed really awkward but I might get use to it if they plan to use it more. It is just a transition style anyway it seems so i doubt it will be seen more then once or twice a episode.

Music was average, the OP was really generic and to me didn't seem to go well with the actual OP animation, they seemed somewhat disjointed. The ED on the other hand I thought was pretty good, the song was good and seemed to fit well with the animation. The music during the anime all worked just fine, nothing to complain about although there was nothing really outstanding in it either although I still love the battle music.
Old 2014-01-08, 14:33   Link #4
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I loved the fight scene and Toka's just as OP as always.
Old 2014-01-08, 15:15   Link #5
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Finally. FINALLY. I am so glad that at least ne of the shows I have been looking forward to this season has gotten a decent premiere episode. I have sorely missed Rikka and it was nice to see an action scene with all of the chuuni kids. Including the DFM and Kumin.
Lastly, when Rikka said "No, not my antenna hair, it's my most attractive feature." all I kept thinking was: how much more wrong can a person get? Obviously it's her nice legs and knee-socks. It's just amazing that anyone would think anything else.
Old 2014-01-08, 15:20   Link #6
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 1 was great - insta follow, and I am also glad one of the series I was looking forward to delivered.

Was rather surprised to see Nibutani and Yuuta both get swept up in the chuu2 battle with Rika's older sister, but I chuckled quite a bit anyway.
Old 2014-01-08, 15:55   Link #7
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

I was willing to give this second season a try, solely based on the confession scene of the first season, which I felt was it's biggest (if not only) redeeming feature.

But just three minutes into the episode and I knew this ride was not for me. Not only is the setup just too convenient of a plot device, Yuuta is still the abusive jerk to Rikka that he was in the first season. There were a few (very few) great moments in the first season, but watching Yuuta be abusive to his live-in girlfriend for another season is not something I wish to do.

So, at 3:16 into the episode, I turned it off, and will not be back.
Old 2014-01-08, 16:37   Link #8
ChampDream
Alive

good episode.
I was suprise when they said they start living together.
the fight scene was really good and didn't expect everybody to fight.
Old 2014-01-08, 16:51   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Excellent start. Very entertaining. Terrific animation, as usual. I loved the (ever so) slightly more romantic feeling, and the living together. But basically no big changes from season one, which is okay by me. Just little shifts like Nibutani's (temporary, I expect) new image.

Uchida Maaya (Rikka), Akasaki Chinatsu (Nibutani), Uesaka Sumire (Dekomori) -- all excellent. And Fukuyama Jun (Yuuta) too. Fukuhara Kaori as sister Kuzuha also seemed just right, in her few words.

I've updated my Chuunibyou characters/seiyuus page with new images of the characters, as well as with the one new character who will apparently appear.

FredFriendly makes a good point about Yuuta "abusing" Rikka -- and I would normally be disturbed by the chop and hair-pull -- but for some reason, it all seemed okay to me. Maybe because of the underlying good feeling, and because everything else was so entertaining.

The animation in the OP and ED was even better than in the show. Such natural and interesting movements, particularly in the ED. But the music was just so-so, for me. OP directed by Ishihara Tatsuya (show director), ED by Yamada Naoko (director of K-On).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2014-01-08, 17:07   Link #10
ices
Working Hard

I guess Nibutani's new image is temporary, since the OP, ED and the Chuuni battle scene still use her previous character design.

Anyway, someone spotted the new character in this episode?
Old 2014-01-08, 17:23   Link #11
Rozmdan
Nameless

As with a few of the others who have posted above me, I found the ending theme a bit more interesting than the opening theme. Just a matter of preference though.
It's kinda nice seeing Yuuta starting to embrace his inner chuunibyou a bit more.

All in all, a pretty nice premiere episode. Looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2014-01-08, 17:23   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode alone was better than the entirety of Kyoukai no Kanata. It was incredibly entertaining. I wasn't bored for a second. This premier had all the elements that made the first season great.

Shinka and Deko's interactions were just as good as usual. They're definitely my favorite characters in the show. I wish the magazines and other previews hadn't spoiled Shinka's new (most likely temporary) look, it would have been quite a shock. She looks like a completely different person, but she is thankfully still the same on the inside.

OP and ED were great, but less memorable than the ones from the first season (woop woop).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
One thing that bugged me about the episode was the whole black and white 3D shaky motion that they used twice I believe, it seemed really awkward but I might get use to it if they plan to use it more. It is just a transition style anyway it seems so i doubt it will be seen more then once or twice a episode.
I really liked this pseudo 3D effect. It's the first time I've seen something like that in an anime, it's good to see them trying out new things. I hope they won't use it too often though.
Old 2014-01-08, 17:57   Link #13
Pesti13nce

When was the whole confession thing in Season1? Also I was bit surprised since usually in these types of shows they usually ALWAYS sugar coat or make it awkward when it's announced they indeed are dating, but it didn't really seem that way when Toka was straight up asking them. I'm only on EP4 of season one rewatch, suppose i should get on that..
Old 2014-01-08, 18:25   Link #14
ellessarr
Banned

man this show was one of the best for me, not failed to get me deep inside in romance and comedy in the first season, and looks like will do the same in the second and based on op and ed looks like the "new girl" will be not to much focused or will be just a way to "develop" the relationship between yuuta and rikka throught the famous "jealous" path for rikka but without a true drama love triangle(she will be just for fun not really a danger, maybe i'm wrong but judging for her little to almost none space in the ed or op) i'm really looking for it, i really want see yuuta friend keep trying to win over kumin, i want see our 3 main couples:

yuuta x rikka
love triangle kumin x sleep x yuuta friend

and the best of the best couple
nibutani x dekomori!!!!!!! the kawai couple!!!!

Spoiler for first season ova content:

Last edited by Flower; 2014-01-08 at 18:31. Reason: Hey now - don't give spoiler info for those who have not seen it! ^^
Old 2014-01-08, 18:32   Link #15
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
When was the whole confession thing in Season 1? Also I was bit surprised since usually in these types of shows they usually ALWAYS sugar coat or make it awkward when it's announced they indeed are dating, but it didn't really seem that way when Toka was straight up asking them. I'm only on EP4 of season one re-watch, suppose i should get on that..
Well - no answer to make except to catch up on season one, right?
Old 2014-01-08, 19:15   Link #16
zztop

I didn't know Makoto became a Super Chuuni-Jin over the holidays. Too bad he'll have to become Grillin again...
Old 2014-01-08, 19:33   Link #17
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Well - no answer to make except to catch up on season one, right?

Lol damnit I knew I shouldnt have said anything. ..
But seriously when was it?
Old 2014-01-08, 19:36   Link #18
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Either Yuuta is a giant pussy or those two are lying. Considering that they are two teenagers with raging hormones and have been under the same roof for a week there is no way Yuuta didn't get some Rikka strange.
Old 2014-01-08, 19:41   Link #19
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I liked the beginning, it was really descent but then by the time they were in the clubroom is was just so-so, ho-hum. Yuuta abuses her too much. Why is Kumin being picked on by the sister so much!! T^T
Old 2014-01-08, 19:57   Link #20
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I was overwhelmed with joy (followed by my heart imploding on itself like a black hole) when Kumin got splatted by Touka's almighty ladle throughout the episode.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread