AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 235 66.01%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 22.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 7.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.40%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-21, 00:35   Link #221
JasonSolaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
The Haruhi of timeline episode 12 is different from Haruhi of timeline episode 2. People do change. There was several months between the extortion of the Athlon and the band incident, and a lot has happened since then. I guess you are disappointed that Haruhi is not as mean as you want her to be? Regardless, the next two episodes WILL clear up matters.
Hi. I suppose over the course of 12 eps, it's not surprising that Haruhi might have changed. But since the eps are out of order and it seems like eps 01 happened just the morning/evening of cultural festival, where she was still loud and full of herself talking about their film at the end, I do agree that the degree of change was too drastic.

Still, I overall enjoyed the ep.
Thanks
Old 2006-06-21, 00:47   Link #222
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Not one of the best episode for me in the series but still nice, especially Tsuruya's maid cafe and the last scene with Kyon & Haruhi.
Old 2006-06-21, 00:51   Link #223
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSolaris
Hi. I suppose over the course of 12 eps, it's not surprising that Haruhi might have changed. But since the eps are out of order and it seems like eps 01 happened just the morning/evening of cultural festival, where she was still loud and full of herself talking about their film at the end, I do agree that the degree of change was too drastic.

Still, I overall enjoyed the ep.
Thanks
Well, just to let you know, the festival starts around 7/8 months after episode 1.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-21, 01:05   Link #224
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
I fully support the change behind Haruhi. I think if the anime weren't skipping around through the episodes, we would better be able to understand and see the changes as they come about. Instead, we're thrown somewhat into a new "personality" of Haruhi's. It's not because she had a personality transplant as someone put it. It's because we didn't see the changes in a chronological order.

I must admit, I was waiting, the whole freakin' episode, for Kyon to compliment Haruhi's singing. I was quite pissed when he never did.
Old 2006-06-21, 01:15   Link #225
Green²
It's bacon!

Animators had to of had an lot of fun with this episode. -Definitely at around the concert scene. All timed up pretty good with the music, and with a good chance to go freestyle as to what to show.

...Yet all while Kyon is like, "OMFG!" throughout,.. probably such as like most of us.

They nailed it good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
wow what a an incrediable episode i mean damn. Haruhi in a bunny suit rocking it out with a guitar like she owned the place of course i gave it a 10 anyone who does not give this episode a 10 you have no heart. The ending scene with Kyon and her was a nice touch to see them in a nice serious quiet moment. Haruhi-ism lives on another day just to a rockin beat now
Old 2006-06-21, 01:17   Link #226
diopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinil
I must admit, I was waiting, the whole freakin' episode, for Kyon to compliment Haruhi's singing. I was quite pissed when he never did.
Why? In case one has not realized by now, the story revolves around small, minute changes as opposed to sudden change of personality. If Kyon suddenly complimented Haruhi's singing openly to Haruhi, I'd be disappointed. I really liked how KyoAni showed us the viewers Kyon's true impression of Haruhi's singing by him tapping his finger, following the rhythm of the song. It's these subtle points that make the anime (and the novel) stand out from the rest of the crop.
Old 2006-06-21, 01:18   Link #227
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
His eyes did. There was a scene (I forgot what time in the episode) where he stared at Haruhi with the "oh my god she's so good" look. Kinda like the expression when you see a really cute person and you suddenly fall in-love.

Eek, must stay away from romance mangas >_<;
Old 2006-06-21, 01:19   Link #228
aodu
&lt;&gt;!SOS団!&lt;&gt;

Send a message via MSN to aodu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinil
I fully support the change behind Haruhi. I think if the anime weren't skipping around through the episodes, we would better be able to understand and see the changes as they come about. Instead, we're thrown somewhat into a new "personality" of Haruhi's. It's not because she had a personality transplant as someone put it. It's because we didn't see the changes in a chronological order.

same here - it's one of those eps where the singing part doesn't actually make me want to close my door so my family couldn't see the embarrassment.

And i totally agree on the personality change. Seems like a total different character at all prospective. She became..quite "normal" and "caring" (don't really remember her being ever caring except for the time she put her cardical on Kyon when he was asleep in the clubroom).

Maybe she ate something weird
Old 2006-06-21, 01:22   Link #229
aodu
&lt;&gt;!SOS団!&lt;&gt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by diopter
Why? In case one has not realized by now, the story revolves around small, minute changes as opposed to sudden change of personality. If Kyon suddenly complimented Haruhi's singing openly to Haruhi, I'd be disappointed. I really liked how KyoAni showed us the viewers Kyon's true impression of Haruhi's singing by him tapping his finger, following the rhythm of the song. It's these subtle points that make the anime (and the novel) stand out from the rest of the crop.
quality over quantity

reminds me of honey and clover out of all things
Old 2006-06-21, 01:25   Link #230
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Quote:
Originally Posted by diopter
I agree with you totally. I don't think it would be out of character for Kyon to have said, "You can sing really well." I think he could have said it, Haruhi would have died of shock from being complimented by Kyon, and then I would have jumped out of my chair for joy. *cries*

Truth-kun, I understand exactly what you're saying. Kyon's eyes and facial expression told me everything that I wanted to hear. It was awesome. I just wish Haruhi could have heard it from him.

And yeah aodu, I've listened to a few songs from other anime series where headphones were definitely a necessity.
Old 2006-06-21, 01:28   Link #231
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aodu
And i totally agree on the personality change. Seems like a total different character at all prospective. She became..quite "normal" and "caring" (don't really remember her being ever caring except for the time she put her cardical on Kyon when he was asleep in the clubroom).
Besides the cardigan , Haruhi also showed that she can care for others in episode 8, Lone Island Syndrome II

Haruhi is more human than people think, we will learn why she's behaving like this next episode.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-21, 01:29   Link #232
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
What I really wished in this episode is that Haruhi will see Kyon and smile at him like she did at the Bassist. That would really fill my heart with joy. Hahaha. Or maybe if Haruhi saw Kyon's reaction, I wonder what would be like if that happened.

C.A.: She is human afterall. A special kind though.
Old 2006-06-21, 01:43   Link #233
aodu
&lt;&gt;!SOS団!&lt;&gt;

Remember in ep 2 where asakura said something about making suzumiya more open to the class? Well mission accomplished: a job well done Kyon
Old 2006-06-21, 01:50   Link #234
Liquidwax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midrange
Is it just me or is Koizumi playing a part in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead?
That is the play they are doing in that scene...
I really liked that reference, made my day, as that has always been a favorite movie / play of mine..

Plus, after watching the episode, this reference got me thinking.. In a way, Kyon is in a very similar situation in this series, to what Rozencrantz and Guildenstern are going through in that play... An orchestrated reality, where everyone seems to know what is going on except for him..

Probably not from the books (I'm not sure but would be suprised), but a nice added bit by someone(s) at KyoAni...
Old 2006-06-21, 01:54   Link #235
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Oh my flarking godz..... you've just wasted another wad of my money --- aieeee, the cute!!

awwwwww, ZONE broke up? Well... apparently their albums are still selling....

Can't find anything on EMOZ at cdjapan ... got any links or references to the band?
Ah. I'm so sorry, I misspelled that. Its ENOZ. (which, has someone may have pointed out, is ZONE backwards). Since they showed it here,

right before the band came out, I'm assuming that thats the name of the band. As I was saying, their guitarist is cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth-kun
Or maybe if Haruhi saw Kyon's reaction, I wonder what would be like if that happened.
This one?

Good things wouldn't happen, for sure. Anyway, as always, Kyon's reactions in this episode were hilarious.
Old 2006-06-21, 02:03   Link #236
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It would have been ten times better if they did the following segment from MST3K instead of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead:

Mike: Hello, and welcome to "Alas, Poor Who?" Now as you know, last week, our reigning champion, Mr. Tom Servo, won the fortknight supply of mutton. And he's back this week to face another challenger.
Servo: Thanks, Mike. Thanks, Mike.
Mike: Tom uh, remind the folks at home what you do, again.
Servo: Mike uh, I'm a small robot who lives with you.
Mike: Robot who lives with me, well that's interesting. Okay. Your challenger, Crow T. Robot. How are you, sir?
Crow: I'm feeling good, Mike. Thanks.
Mike: Mmm-hmm. And what do you do, sir?
Crow: I'm also a small robot who lives with you.
Mike: Wow, seems to be a popular job these days. Let's get down to action. Okay, for you folks at home, the object of the game is to visually identify a person by some part of his or her skeletal system. And Servo, you'll be starting with this lovely femur.
Crow: Ooh.
Servo: Okay.
Mike: You have ten seconds, go.

Servo: Let's see, alas poor Larry Hagman? No, no, no. Alas poor Kathryn Graham. No, alas poor... I got it. Alas poor Bismarck Kee.
Mike: Exactly. Bismarck Kee. His femur. Suprisingly delicate, isn't it? Alright, well played. Okay Crow, are you ready to give it a whirl?
Crow: Oh I sure am, Mike.
Mike: Okay then, here's a clavicle. Whose is it?
Crow: Wow. Uh, I want to say Tim Conway, but no, more like Dr. Dean Ornish. Germane Greer. Peter Satara. Geez, no. I'm gonna go with Nancy Allen, Mike.
Mike: Please state it in "Alas Poor" form.
Crow: Oh yeah, alas poor Nancy Allen.
Mike: Is right!
Crow: Yeah!
Mike: Okat, that's a fine clavicle she has there. Must've drank lots of milk. Okay, it's tied up here. Servo, who belongs to this ileum?
Servo: Oh that's easy, Mike. Alas poor Alaska Senator Ted Stevens. Ah wait, no. Alas poor Rolan Gift. Yeah, I'm gonna go with alas poor Rolan Gift.
Mike: Ooh, I'm sorry. Alaska Senator Ted Stevens.
Servo: Oh, darn.
Mike: Close, though. Okay, Crow. You could win with this one. Whose are these series of metatarsal bones?
Crow: Oh, ooh! I know this one, easy! Ralph Wait!
Mike: They are indeed the metatarsals of Ralph Wait. But alas, incorrect form for the second time, and so you don't get the points, and you don't win. You both lose, and that's all the time we have. We'll be back next week with another edition of "Alas, Poor Who?"
Servo: Uh Mike, we won't really be back next week, will we?
Mike: Not unless I get a codpiece.

Next episode "Alas Poor Kyon's Collarbone"
Old 2006-06-21, 02:07   Link #237
diopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
This one?

Kyon's impression there got me really hard. I couldn't stop laughing as I tried to imagine being in Kyon's place, seeing Haruhi suddenly in a band with a bunny girl outfit .
Old 2006-06-21, 02:10   Link #238
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
Actually, Yuki's exact words (according to the fansubbers) is "The emergence of self-awareness among the universe's maldistributed organic life forms was a common phenomenon. However, Terrestial humans were the first instance of evolution to a higher order of intelligence".

It is clear from what she said that there are other intelligent life forms (aliens) in the universe and that reaching this state of self-awareness is already a common phenomenon.

Moreover, Yuki's description of our solar system, as well as her description of humans as "bipedal organic life forms", infers a clear sense of organization, and such organization would be meaningless if humans are the only intelligent life form around. In other words, if someone were to describe it as "short red pencil", one would naturally infer that a "long red pencil" or a "short blue pencil" also exists.
I think you're defining intelligence too narrowly. It doesn't just refer to human level and above. Even among actual species living on earth, self awareness and intelligence aren't unique traits to humans. Dolphins, chimps, gorillas, and even dogs have demonstraited what many would consider self awareness and intelligence. The difference is the degree those species possess.

It was clear from Yuki's statement that while intelligence was common, it was not on the same level as humans. If that level of intelligence was common, she wouldn't have said humans were the first to develop a higher order.

Further, Yuki said the development of that higher order of intelligence made humans something of interest to the data entities even before Haruhi. If it was common, why would that be? Humans would be just another insignificant species, not one that could possibly be of help in furthering the evolution of the data entities.

If you wish to discuss this further, perhaps we should take it to the episode 5 thread?
Old 2006-06-21, 02:14   Link #239
Anime Online

When Haruhi talked about making a new band near the end of the episode, she mentioned how she'll do the lyric-writing, songwriting, producing and choreography.

I'm beginning to have a vague sense of where the dancing ED comes from.
Old 2006-06-21, 02:21   Link #240
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I think you're defining intelligence too narrowly. It doesn't just refer to human level and above. Even among actual species living on earth, self awareness and intelligence aren't unique traits to humans. Dolphins, chimps, gorillas, and even dogs have demonstraited what many would consider self awareness and intelligence. The difference is the degree those species possess.

It was clear from Yuki's statement that while intelligence was common, it was not on the same level as humans. If that level of intelligence was common, she wouldn't have said humans were the first to develop a higher order.

Further, Yuki said the development of that higher order of intelligence made humans something of interest to the data entities even before Haruhi. If it was common, why would that be? Humans would be just another insignificant species, not one that could possibly be of help in furthering the evolution of the data entities.

If you wish to discuss this further, perhaps we should take it to the episode 5 thread?

If Yuki is only referring to Earth's inhabitants developing self-awareness and intelligence, why would she used terms such as "universe" and "maldistributed organic life form"? Afterall, she already said Data Life Forms have no physical body and are inorganic life forms. Put them together and it clearly says organic intelligent life forms are not limited to one tiny planet in the entire universe.
Closed Thread