AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 00:19   Link #121
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Too hard on Oinari! The characters make that show work, even selling the silly plotlines effectively most of the time. But that aside, Kannagi hit the ground running - lots of potential here.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 00:28   Link #122
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Kannagi is much superior to Oinari IMHO. Oinari ends up being very episodic and tons of generic cliche stuff happens. The young miko girl that was klutzy was the only redeeming factor to it ;D
In all honesty, it was mainly Kou's antics that made me keep going on Oinari, and even then right now is on hiatus because of lack of interest due to it not really having an overarching plot. Which isn't bad in of itself, but personally, I stay away from those kind of things since I quickly lose interest.

Kannagi on the other hand, from what little I've seen of the manga, has some purpose in the plot to keep it going. I wish I can read more of it, but alas, scans has stopped and the anime is now on (don't want to spoil myself of future events now lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I can't remember, but I swear that the whole "Jin thinking perverted things" wasn't in the manga. But whatever, this part of the episode actually worked
AFAIK too, it wasn't in the manga.

Spoiler for early manga I think:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 00:50   Link #123
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
I watched it and it seems like a pretty interesting anime, but can someone tell me in advance this is not another "male main character gets the hell beaten up by little girl" type of anime? I'm getting annoyed by those lately >.>

Though um, coming out of a statue out of nowhere and then start bossing around, wth? Overall good and interesting stuff and I hope to see more.
Old 2008-10-06, 01:09   Link #124
passin'gass
Cropduster

Jin. Got. Wood.

Spoiler:
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 02:09   Link #125
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Kannagi is much superior to Oinari IMHO. Oinari ends up being very episodic and tons of generic cliche stuff happens. The young miko girl that was klutzy was the only redeeming factor to it ;D
As someone who has read 9 chapters of Kannagi and watched 8 episodes of Oinari I have to agree that Kannagi is just superior. They may have similar premises in a way but Kannagi just executes it better imo and the production values for it are also better.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 02:46   Link #126
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
I watched it and it seems like a pretty interesting anime, but can someone tell me in advance this is not another "male main character gets the hell beaten up by little girl" type of anime? I'm getting annoyed by those lately >.>

Though um, coming out of a statue out of nowhere and then start bossing around, wth? Overall good and interesting stuff and I hope to see more.
Well she's a local deity, and used to being worshiped for 100s of years -- what would you act like? ;p

Judging by the end of Ep1 though, I think she's in for a rude awakening. The male lead is willing to help Nagi with the bugs, but as far as day-to-day living goes, he's going to expect her to do her fair share. So I think we're going to have a decent helping of comedy as he tries to teach Nagi how to do normal house chores and become more humble about equal work as roommates

Of course I could be wrong and she just bosses him around and/or she's horrible at it so he just does it all...

Look at the good side: If she's becoming an Idol singer, at least he knows she can help pay expenses
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:20   Link #127
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Wow--I loved the first episode, it's great to finally see Nagi animated, I'd been worried her seiyuu would go with her Lala voice, but in the end she did an awesome job and I like the voice she used. This looks like it should be a lot of fun to watch though, I had really high expectations going in since I really liked the manga and have been looking forward to this for a while now, but it managed to surpass what I was hoping for.

Only thing I wish is that Nagi used 'nushi' for 'you' instead of 'sochi'...maybe I've watched too much Spice and Wolf recently, but somehow 'nushi' is more moe for me
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 06:01   Link #128
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

AFAIK too, it wasn't in the manga.

Was kinda surprise about that too. From what I've read in the manga both Jin and Nagi don't seem too interested in each other in that way yet in the anime it tries to give off vibes that it might actually happen. Don't know if that's a good thing or not hopefully it won't screw up the feel of the manga has in the anime.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 06:15   Link #129
kujoe
from head to heel

Perhaps it will turn out like that one day, and perhaps the anime is just trying to improvise with the more limited time it has. I mean, surely the author has a say on these things.

Anyway, it looks like a fun show. And well made too. I guess I'll be watching how things go from here in the meantime.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 06:37   Link #130
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

Just like almost every other first episode I've seen so far this season, that was mildly amusing. But not ball-grabbing. I think it has potential, but it'll inevitably rely on the strength of its characters. If these are good character, this will most likely be a good anime.

It's a pretty done-to-death premise, though, ie, boy-meets-supernatural-girl. Good anime come from that premise though. I'm hoping this will be more like Spice and Wolf than like [insert any number of crappy boy-meets-supernatural-girl anime here].

Not much to write about, since things were mostly pretty muted (which does lend itself to an atmosphere susceptible to the types of feelings I imagine this series is going for) but I liked how the male lead was pretty red blooded. The fact that he's suddenly sharing a roof with a very attractive girl hasn't gone by him in the least.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 07:21   Link #131
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Interesting new series i know nothing about it but it was pretty funny. Im not sure what exactly is going on but the situation looks like your typical mysterious girl staying at some shy boys place and random yet funny misunderstandings occur on a regular basis. Will keep an eye on this one though i was not super impressed i rather enjoyed the dialog the animation was so so but was not a bother to me.
Old 2008-10-06, 09:15   Link #132
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS
Was kinda surprise about that too. From what I've read in the manga both Jin and Nagi don't seem too interested in each other in that way yet in the anime it tries to give off vibes that it might actually happen. Don't know if that's a good thing or not hopefully it won't screw up the feel of the manga has in the anime.
Dude, if that happens or even hinted, I'll be one happy camper and will be sticking to the anime all the way instead of the manga. I already like Nagi's Horo-ish nature instead of her bossy attitude in the manga, well imho anyway. *finger crosses*
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 10:28   Link #133
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just so you know...
Spoiler for Later Manga Chapters:
Old 2008-10-06, 11:20   Link #134
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE View Post
hahahahaha

what?

While I found it to be enjoyable, "Visually Stunning" is NOT what I would call Kannagi's animation.
It's very lush, fluid and with plenty of interesting tempo; not to mention great art-direction. It's obviously not flashy like Casshern, but it's excellently produced.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 11:34   Link #135
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well the OP was pretty interesting...Not entirely sure what it has to do with the plot I saw in episode one though, but who cares...DANCING.

Ah as for the rest...Meh...Wasn't bad, but like Sorrow said nothing really jumped out and grabbed me just more of the same types of things we've all seen before. Hopefully it gets stronger as it goes further into the story.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 11:37   Link #136
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There's a lot of great humor in the first few first episodes of the season. Hyakko is bizarre and subtle humor. Kannagi is beautifully animated and voiced humor. Kemeko Deluxe is hilariously animated off-the-wall humor and Macademi Wasshoi is completely off the ceiling.

Toradora, To Aru Majutsu no Index and AkaSaka will have to make their points with personality and relationship, for me, rather than humor, but they were enjoyable, too. Especially Toradora and Index.

But first episodes can be misleading, or a style of humor can end up only being funny for a couple of episodes. I'll have a better idea what I think of these series after three episodes.

I would call Kannagi's animation "visually stunning," myself. Balanced detail, with some hints of some staff-members' KyoAni origins, and excellent motion. I found the phrasing by the seiyuu "aurally stunning," too. Once again, it's not the memes that made this episode special, but the way they were executed. Nagi's version of kami-tsundere worked for me, too. Consider me jumped out at and grabbed, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-06 at 15:40.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 12:30   Link #137
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
also for the manga is it still under the name Kannagi or under a different name?
Yes, it's still "Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens".
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 16:42   Link #138
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

why is this pic funny?
http://randomc.animeblogger.net:8000...Large%2032.jpg

why does the guy even own a girly shirt?
Old 2008-10-06, 20:14   Link #139
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
why is this pic funny?...why does the guy even own a girly shirt?
I'm not 100% sure why the shirt is funny, but the words mean
Spoiler for ep1:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 21:22   Link #140
JediNight
キズランダム

Someone attributed it to similar to "What would Jesus do?" -- aka the joke is he has "loose morals" for living under the same roof as another girl alone (and having the occasional dirty thought slip)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen