AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-29, 17:04   Link #781
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Tis bad to judge an anime upon the first TEN minutes.
I judged that Lucky Star wasn't for me by listening to the first 30 seconds of the OP and when I fast forwarded to a random moment, they were feeling sorry for spilt meat which got discarded instead of eaten! It's too "otaku" for me but again, I also understand it has very high appeal for a certain audience.
Old 2007-09-30, 03:30   Link #782
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
I judged that Lucky Star wasn't for me by listening to the first 30 seconds of the OP and when I fast forwarded to a random moment, they were feeling sorry for spilt meat which got discarded instead of eaten! It's too "otaku" for me but again, I also understand it has very high appeal for a certain audience.
Yeah me too, well people do have their own tastes.
Old 2007-09-30, 22:22   Link #783
-Breakthrough-

Zero no Tsukaima Season 2 -- Pretty much, utter failure compared to season 1.
Old 2007-09-30, 22:27   Link #784
Kazotaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 View Post
Zero no Tsukaima Season 2 -- Pretty much, utter failure compared to season 1.
Now now, I wouldn't say it was a complete failure. However, much like the first season, it was just too rushed. Although, I will admit, its really hard to find character development beyond episode 2. If they make a third season, they need to go "all out" and just commit to a 26 episode set. ~_~0
Old 2007-09-30, 22:35   Link #785
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
A tad ironic that some one who rejects an anime for a "slice of life"-ish moment has an Aria-based avatar.

To each their own, of course, but I thought it's funny.
Old 2007-09-30, 22:45   Link #786
Sassarai
Army of One

ZnT second season felt like ikkitousen. A lot of fan service and a weak story
Old 2007-09-30, 22:48   Link #787
Kazotaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
ZnT second season felt like ikkitousen. A lot of fan service and a weak story
Yeah ZnT2 left ZnT's fanservice ratio in the dust.
Old 2007-10-01, 17:24   Link #788
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
A tad ironic that some one who rejects an anime for a "slice of life"-ish moment has an Aria-based avatar.

To each their own, of course, but I thought it's funny.
I liked Honey and Clover as well. Well, I do think the target audience for Lucky Star is a bit different from Aria, considering the difference in the dialogue, art style and music.

I'll throw in My Otome Zwei DVD3 to the frisbee list!
Old 2007-10-01, 17:44   Link #789
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazotaku View Post
Now now, I wouldn't say it was a complete failure. However, much like the first season, it was just too rushed. Although, I will admit, its really hard to find character development beyond episode 2. If they make a third season, they need to go "all out" and just commit to a 26 episode set. ~_~0
IMO, probably yes. Just I hated how half the series went for Agnes and Colbert, and how they didn't even take a good effort to make Saito's epic moment into two episodes what's more wtf was Tiffania suddenly coming up and healing him, ruining it's epic~ness. Yeah, they REALLY need to go on all out if they'll make a season 3...Just felt season 2 was nothing more than mere fanservice and storyline ala Agnes.
Old 2007-10-01, 19:48   Link #790
Kazotaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 View Post
IMO, probably yes. Just I hated how half the series went for Agnes and Colbert, and how they didn't even take a good effort to make Saito's epic moment into two episodes what's more wtf was Tiffania suddenly coming up and healing him, ruining it's epic~ness. Yeah, they REALLY need to go on all out if they'll make a season 3...Just felt season 2 was nothing more than mere fanservice and storyline ala Agnes.
Also the Agness story line had a weak conclusion, and she didn't even have a role in the last episode. If they make a season 3, I have a feeling fans are going to refuse to acknowledge this season.

Just like High Lander II, it never happened, lol.
Old 2007-10-02, 20:22   Link #791
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
Just like High Lander II, it never happened, lol.
I agree, there seems to be more fans in the Shakugan no Shana fanbase if you ask me when it comes to anime that Rie-san plays in.
Old 2007-10-02, 22:36   Link #792
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
I've found a new depth of hatred with the anime adaptation of Hellsing (not the OVA). Everything felt so wrong. The story from most part sucked. Integra didn't look so good compared to the manga, plus the other characters (such as Anderson) didn't look so interesting (compared to the manga). The main villian was just plain bad. The anime series fits very well to be used as a frisbee.
Old 2007-10-03, 06:40   Link #793
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Has anyone watched the anime version of Ichigo 100%? The story in the manga was quite good (I read it because it also had good art -_-b), but the anime was a complete piece of shit. The animation was rubbish, and the scenes for plain awful. They should've burnt the rest of the episodes they made.
Old 2007-10-03, 07:48   Link #794
Pell14

I have yet to hate a anime so much. The most disappointing one would be Buso Renkin. The comedy in it just plainly gave me goosebump.
Old 2007-10-03, 09:27   Link #795
Mad Dog
Banned

Negima!?
Bobo bo bo bobobobobo (or what ever)
Yu-gi-oh
Nanoha (all 3 seasons)
Super Milk Chan Show

Just to name a few that should be thrown into the depths of Hell, never to be show or even spoken of again.
Old 2007-10-04, 07:54   Link #796
Nergy

Send a message via MSN to Nergy Send a message via Yahoo to Nergy
Psychic Wars. I wanted to claw my eyes out after watching that trash.
Old 2007-10-04, 20:43   Link #797
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Ei, I gave Elfen Lied a go, and the first few episodes, it was "music to my ears", but then it became dull in the later episodes. Good thing I didn't buy the CD, not that I want it to fall victim to my pellet 12 gauge. See my idea of horror is a gorefest supreme, a lot of screaming (my idea of an musical) and nothing cute looking! I though it was going to top Genocyber! Oh well back to the ol' mayhem list (sigh)....

Well, that's just me.

Oh by the way, have you seen Highlander: The Search for Vengeance? For me I though it was horrible. And yeah, it counts as an anime movie.

Last edited by RavenHawk; 2007-10-05 at 18:55.
Old 2007-10-04, 21:59   Link #798
genkidashite

Ikkitousen was the worst for me.
I wanted to kill the person who recommended the series. Turned out she only watched the first episode and made the recommendation... and I watched the entire series that night coz i thought she finished the series.. =_=;;
Old 2007-10-04, 22:04   Link #799
genkidashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRaven View Post
Yeah me too, well people do have their own tastes.
Just that if we all knew what was going on everytime Konata (and others) said a phrase, I am sure almost everyone would become worshippers of Lucky☆Star.
Old 2007-10-04, 22:21   Link #800
Kyomi
What do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by genkidashite View Post
Ikkitousen was the worst for me.
I wanted to kill the person who recommended the series. Turned out she only watched the first episode and made the recommendation... and I watched the entire series that night coz i thought she finished the series.. =_=;;
Wait...you went through with it even though you hated it? o.O

Just ready about the anime turned me off myself so I didn't watch it.
The whole "Let's fight while accidentally ripping our clothes off" sounded terrible.

If you want boobies go watch a hentai or something, otherwise give me a good plot and decent characters.

Sorry, I'm just a bit against the "fanservice" thing.