AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-25, 22:08   Link #921
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Wow Kira Yamamoto beating Setsuna F Seiei by 1 rank...
That female list X_X

Anyway nice to see Touma in there, no shame losing 1st place to Kyosuke I guess.
Old 2010-12-25, 22:09   Link #922
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Wait, Icar0s is No.1?? People like her that much!?
Old 2010-12-25, 22:33   Link #923
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
this is why
And Kira still has a legion of fangirls there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Wait, Icar0s is No.1?? People like her that much!?
Kuudere's POWAH?
Old 2010-12-25, 23:02   Link #924
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Kuudere's POWAH?
This is a real list? Like a list in a popular magazine?
Old 2010-12-26, 04:11   Link #925
tsunade666

Quote:
This is a real list? Like a list in a popular magazine?
probably but not sure. It's from a japanese magazine. Unless someone can read please the moon runes on what's the list is for. though the quality is low to even tried to read it.
Old 2010-12-26, 05:07   Link #926
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Kuudere's POWAH?
Guess Touma has to go on a fangirl punching spree and start destroying some illusions.
Old 2010-12-26, 09:45   Link #927
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
this is why
Yes my Emperor Johnny Yong Bosch! I obey!
Old 2010-12-26, 10:07   Link #928
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Yes my Emperor Johnny Yong Bosch! I obey!
i think he'd be a good VA for Touma
Old 2010-12-26, 23:52   Link #929
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I probably shouldn't be asking this, but...

What the freaking hell is Lelouch and Kira Yamato still doing on that list?!
Lelouch and Kira seem to be staples of NewType's lists.

They appear on just about every Newtype "top 10" list,

Aug-Jul 2010

Overall 2010

Decade

Shinji seem to be showing up quite a bit too recently.
Old 2010-12-27, 00:10   Link #930
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Funny I just realized, they both represent the two extreme sides of the protagonist equilibrium
Old 2010-12-27, 11:55   Link #931
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Lelouch and Kira seem to be staples of NewType's lists.

They appear on just about every Newtype "top 10" list,

Aug-Jul 2010

Overall 2010

Decade

Shinji seem to be showing up quite a bit too recently.
that website u have is so ecchi O_O
Old 2010-12-27, 12:47   Link #932
tsunade666

well it's sankaku so no wonder. It's a site where the new tokyo law talk starts to spread like wild fire. Pretty messed up and exaggerated in someway but still they do give news.
Old 2010-12-27, 18:54   Link #933
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well it's sankaku so no wonder. It's a site where the new tokyo law talk starts to spread like wild fire. Pretty messed up and exaggerated in someway but still they do give news.
Is it kinda sad that it's the only place I ever go to for news
Old 2010-12-27, 21:08   Link #934
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Funny I just realized, they both represent the two extreme sides of the protagonist equilibrium
Can't comment on Kira, didn't watch Gundam SEED, but damn that show is popular. SEED girls top the female charts too.

Quote:
that website u have is so ecchi O_O
Sorry.

or

Your welcome.
Old 2011-01-30, 13:12   Link #935
kitten320

Why is Touma transforming into Kurosaki Ichigo? T_T
Love to read morals, long ones...
Always protecting everyone, including enemies.
Always stealing spotlight from others and beating down all the main bad guys.
Getsuga Tenshou = Imagine Breaker all the time
Spiky hair 0_0
Obliviouse to girls feeling around him despite having a harem...

Seriously, the only thing missing ir hair colour and power ups which thankfully Touma doesn't have yet!
Old 2011-01-30, 13:48   Link #936
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
When did I say a word about power up?
By Bleach reference I meant how main character is stealing spotlight from everyone for no apparent reason.
It is simply ridiculouse that some kid is owning high class magicians and scientists all the time while actual high class people get shit kicked out of them.

Yes he does have the special arm but after so many beaten down enemies, shouldn't the dark side made some kind of research on him by now and found the counter attack to his arm or at least attempted something?
I can't answer this in episode 16 thread and mostly will probably spoiler but how to put it. Touma is not entirely normal in a way. he believe his normal but the higher ups in academy city knows his true form and the leader of angelical church or Laura probably had a clue on what imagine breaker is but not what touma is. The enemy side or the roman catholic church only views him as a heretic and needs to be killed. The mind set of those people in magic side is if your from science side specially an esper. Your an enemy and they don't want to learn heretic knowledge or heresy on their religion. They despise science that much but despite that. They still device strategy to take them down using their own methods. You will notice this in several arcs in second season. Specially in the daihaseisai arc.

Why can a simple night parade which is a normal attraction in academy city not known by a sister that's planning to attack them. Isn't that stupid not learning more on what the enemy has? but that's how much the magic side despise science. You can call it stupid or idiotic but every knowledge born from science is a sin for them. Look at sister Lucia's reaction in the book of law arc when Touma touched her.

As for Touma himself getting caught in all this trouble. It's all been planned by Aleister. Aleister needs a pawn that's easy to move. He knows Touma's mind set. And a simple minded guy that wouldn't let a person hurt in front of him is easily controlled.

Aren't you being suspicious in all this event. Why does Touma a level 0 with special hand getting drag into this? the season 1 event where Styl's mission was with a vampire and Aleister recommended Touma as a back up aren't that suspicious? Magic and Science side are enemies yet Aleister is letting someone from science side to go with the magic side. And even if Touma is just a level 0 and doesn't know anything about the dark side. His still consider a student in academy city and that's makes him a person of the science side.

But his still get caught up in all magic side events. It's not just because his becoming ichigo or what ever explanation you put on it. That makes him always steal all the fun. But it's been ALL PLANNED TO BE LIKE THAT.

Laura the leader of necesarious and angelical church. That makes up 1/3 power of the magic side. But shes been allying with the academy city. And she's even letting a man of science side help her despite the dispute in both sides. Isn't that suspicious to you?

With all the events that happens since Index getting in academy city. But how can he enter the academy city the strong hold of science side that easily knowing she's a sister and an outsider. The defense system of academy city is perfect yet many magicians are entering it like it's easy to enter.

The answer is quit easy. The directer of academy city which is aleister lets them enter for his plans. And laura is also quite happy to lend him a helping hand because she will also benefit from it all.

Aleister needs Touma to become stronger and earn lot of experience for his plans. While the enemy is attacking it's a perfect way to counter the enemy and make his pawn grew stronger. It's killing 2 birds with one stone.

The event in Italy is also set up by the higher ups. Their is no way Touma could actually won the lottery.

Unlike bleach with a really simple plot. Index has lots of mystery and twist in it.

EDIT:

Kamijou Touma might be simple to read right down to the core hero character. But from that point on the plot moves. The people around him moves and also the enemies moves around him or modeled before him. His right hand isn't just meant for decoration and just an ability to nullify super natural event. It's more than that. Just hearing from kazakiri and index which is the both the memory bank for science side and magic side saying that his powers can't be explained by either science and magic will give you a hit of what he is.

Specially this series involves super natural being and not just humans.
Old 2011-01-30, 15:58   Link #937
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Spiky hair 0_0

Seriously, the only thing missing ir hair colour and power ups which thankfully Touma doesn't have yet!
Sigh, so we have to do this again huh...

Let me save you some time- Congratulations, you just gave a general description of an shounen hero, that wasn't so hard now was it?
Old 2011-01-30, 16:10   Link #938
hero147

Quote:
Sigh, so we have to do this again huh...

Let me save you some time- Congratulations, you just gave a general description of an shounen hero, that wasn't so hard now was it?
Oh God- I just realized that almost all shonen heroes have spiky hair. :O
Old 2011-01-30, 16:36   Link #939
Zakoo

That gives the badass look.
Old 2011-01-30, 17:25   Link #940
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Spiky hair 0_0

1) Ichigo isn't that bad, its the plot he's in that screws him over. Now comparing Touma to Naruto is blasphemy.
2) His morals make sense. He is probably one of the most fair shounen heroes ever. He has the right hand but its only useful against magic. If someone with great martial arts skills fought him(kanzaki,tschumikado) he'd definitely lose. Any other shounens win cuz of their superpowers,and flying,and spells,and magic,and saying gay quotes.
3)Protecting enemies?Not exactly, agnese is an ex-enemy. He said this “Next time, if Agnese asks me for help, I should help her. She was coincidentally the bad guy this time. Being a bad guy once doesn’t mean she’ll be a bad guy forever.” Good quote.
4)Spotlight stealer? Not all the time, but he IS the main character.
5)IB and getsuga tenshou are different. IB is MUCH stronger! No not really, though to say it in a way i'll say it like this. Its law is to negate all supernatural powers. That and the explanations for example 2. It has alot of disadvantages.
6)Spiky Hair. So what?
7) He's is oblivious a bit but does have those moments with girls. He aint gay or dislike women. Besides if he had a girlfriend that early in the story the rest of the story would be less awesome. Harems are always funny.
8) power ups? Can't say its a power up but its something that has always been there.

Spoiler for ANSWER:
Closed Thread