AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-08, 19:52   Link #2101
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Guide for all romance in mass effect 3

Edit. Tali is my target now! i want to see you face!
I laughed pretty hard at Allers' face in the guide.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 22:09   Link #2102
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Oh man, still can't pass this.
Spoiler:
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 02:17   Link #2103
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Ending was whacked. Spoilers below.

Spoiler for ME3 ending:
Old 2012-03-09, 02:24   Link #2104
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
Oh man, still can't pass this.
Spoiler:
You have to admit that's a fine way to go. So far I'm convinced that in this war nearly everyone is forced to take a level in badass just to survive, so I'm actually impressed by the resolve and the actions taken by a lot of the side characters and even background populations.

Spoiler for Dem Spoilers:

Out of the side missions though, the one that impressed me the most was the Geth Server one. Nice touching back story and...

Spoiler for Dem Spoilers:
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 02:28   Link #2105
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

Spoiler for ME3 ending:
Spoiler for Ending spoilers:
Old 2012-03-09, 02:31   Link #2106
Key Board
Carbon

Just beat the game. I like the choices, but all 3 endings are mostly just the same cutscene with a different color for the explosion.

If they were more elaborate on the endings, and the implications of the this could have been great. Really, they should have took an extra note or more from Deus Ex endings

Regardless, it's a solid game despite this.

I do wonder how non-Vanguard classes manage to survive the last mission, though. You have a lot of exposed cover, Banshee and Brutes from all directions and a Reaper shooting at you.

Vanguards have an instant teleport 100 shield regen power, so I can take the agro, but I wonder about other classes.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 02:39   Link #2107
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Spoiler for ending:

I didn't get a fourth option. Bioware said the multiplayer wasn't required to get the best ending. So... am I missing something?
Old 2012-03-09, 02:55   Link #2108
Who

^Fourth option isn't there. It's tied in with the Destroy ending; you need a score of 4000 EMS with certain pre-requisites fulfilled; otherwise it's 5000 EMS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

I do wonder how non-Vanguard classes manage to survive the last mission, though. You have a lot of exposed cover, Banshee and Brutes from all directions and a Reaper shooting at you.

Vanguards have an instant teleport 100 shield regen power, so I can take the agro, but I wonder about other classes.
It hasn't been too bad. I played an Engineer and Infiltrator. Cloak + 1 power bonus means you just spam Cloak and Energy Drain (Tali's bonus power)/apply medigel whenever you're in trouble and move around the map as needed.

Engineers do their drone spam to key enemies focused elsewhere. And Overload on Banshees. But, being a squishy class, died 3-4 times.

This is all on Insanity as well. Pretty sure Sentinels have go out of their way to die, with the Tech Armor and all, but I'm not sure about Soldiers and Adepts.
Old 2012-03-09, 02:57   Link #2109
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Spoiler for ending:

I didn't get a fourth option. Bioware said the multiplayer wasn't required to get the best ending. So... am I missing something?
From what I see, there are 3 base endings with 16 variations.

So... the best ending is "best" depending on how you view this minor variation. Based on your view, the variation might actually be worse for you.

In my case I want the opposite to what happened to you, so the variation is what I want.

Some people claim to get the "best" ending without MP, but they say MP makes it a lot easier. In other words, the entire point of MP to the ending is to get that extra variation easier.
Old 2012-03-09, 03:05   Link #2110
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So to sum up:

So in other words, you're galactic readiness is the final determinant to your ending, which is the sum total of your war assets multiplied by your readiness rating. All in all the core best ending is easily achievable in single player, while the variant best ending can be done in SP but is made easier by MP.

The variant best ending is made different by specific people being alive and the effect of certain choices, but the overall galactic result is the same.

Spoiler for The Variation?:
Old 2012-03-09, 03:07   Link #2111
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
So... the best ending is "best" depending on how you view this minor variation. Based on your view, the variation might actually be worse for you.

In my case I want the opposite to what happened to you, so the variation is what I want.

Some people claim to get the "best" ending without MP, but they say MP makes it a lot easier. In other words, the entire point of MP to the ending is to get that extra variation easier.
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2012-03-09, 03:19   Link #2112
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Spoiler for ending:
To be fair, the game is essentially a Galaxy of Badassery so it satisfies that regardless of ending.
Old 2012-03-09, 03:29   Link #2113
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
To be fair, the game is essentially a Galaxy of Badassery so it satisfies that regardless of ending.
Oh I know, but the game was billed and marketed and pushed as the end of Shepard's story. I'd like some fucking closure, thanks. This series doesn't need to be pretentious hipster bullshit and yet they made it end on a colossal pile of pretentious hipster bullshit.
Old 2012-03-09, 03:43   Link #2114
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Spoiler for ME3 ending:

Spoiler for Ending:

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

I see no inconsistencies in the ending choice you made. You simply mixed up what the endings entailed.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 03:57   Link #2115
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2012-03-09, 04:01   Link #2116
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
I laughed pretty hard at Allers' face in the guide.
me too...her face is awesome..is like she teases you or maybe she drank in this scene

So, many people are already finished the game...i hope this night i can play it a bit..maybe when my girlfriend sleep..

for the people that 'has finished it, you are satisfied with the ending? not spoiler..only yes or no because i don't want to know the ending...
Old 2012-03-09, 04:03   Link #2117
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 04:41   Link #2118
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
for the people that 'has finished it, you are satisfied with the ending? not spoiler..only yes or no because i don't want to know the ending...
No. The ending sucks balls. It's pretentious hipster bullshit. It absolutely does not fit in a series that's basically our generation's Star Wars.

Did Return of the Jedi end with pretentious hipster bullshit? Fuck no. The Emperor got wtfowned, the good guys all survived and everybody had a huge fucking party on Endor.
Old 2012-03-09, 04:57   Link #2119
Who

Quote:
No. The ending sucks balls. It's pretentious hipster bullshit. It absolutely does not fit in a series that's basically our generation's Star Wars.

Did Return of the Jedi end with pretentious hipster bullshit? Fuck no. The Emperor got wtfowned, the good guys all survived and everybody had a huge fucking party on Endor.
Well put.

Despite all the backlash though, Bioware is pretty satisfied with their endings. We're 99.9% not getting any post-game or alternate ending DLC ala Broken Steel type DLC. Only one I can think of that we're getting definitely that relates to gameplay/plot is helping Aria take back Omega.
Old 2012-03-09, 05:22   Link #2120
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I blame New Battlestar Galactica and the rampant deep pseudophilosophical bull rife in mainstream entertainment these days. Besides, they had to be different, or else they would really be a Star Wars ripoff.

And guess what's that Star Wars ripoff? It's that other big BW blockbuster of the season! So of course they'd have to give BW a significantly 'modern' ending, as SWTOR is positively 1980s (and people are lamblasting that as well.)

Trust me, at the end of this all, there will be a [Mass Effect: The Next Epoch] mmo by Bioware once SWTOR begins to decline 7 years from now. You will be that little boy, growing up with your grandfather's stories, and setting out to bring peace to the galaxy once more.

Tags
effect, games, mass