AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-23, 11:48   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 343 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

A summary may be added later when someone *cought*Syaoran?*cought* will make it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 11:56   Link #2
rman0099
On my nut

First off: Wow post #1...wohoo, first time thats happened.

Secondly: Back on point....With the way the last few chapters have been, they almost feel rushed. I feel like Kishi is starting to force things. The first two arcs were amazing with great pacing. But now, they rushed Naruto's jutsu in, introduced Sasuke AND hi betrayal. Its almost like Kishi is trying to hurry things along so he can wrap up the series. We may be looking at an end to Naruto this year. If this is true, Anime fillers may be plentiful again only to milk the series to go longer after the manga series end.
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 12:11   Link #3
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

It doesnt look like a betrayal to me.
Looks like Orochimaru will have to earn the right to possess the body. That's a good idea on Kishi's part.
Is Sasuke really on par with Oro ? Wow, that would be an impressive growth.

I like the last frame as well, it reminds me of Itachi when he goes insane.

If Oro defeats Sasuke and possess his body, well that would be really unexpected.
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 12:20   Link #4
Valcristdk

Honestly, this was a shock to me. Well, somewhat.

I'm curious to know Kishimoto's next step with Sasuke and Oro.
Spoiler:
Valcristdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 12:43   Link #5
tatami
back in black

heheh i had said it somewhere in time about this....but too lazy to look back right now...

there are two options now sasuke leaves killing oro or without...

to me oro is not so easy to deal with...

what will sasuke do after this i wonder...

heheh oror really did become sasukes new best friend lol/// he is going to get ms.
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 13:09   Link #6
Kurapica

I doubt Sasuke is strong enough to take on Orochimaru at this point in time. The only way I see him being able to prevent Oro from taking his body, is if Oro's body gives up on him. There is not way he is as strong as KN4 whom Oro sort of tied with. The fact that Sasuke has a cursed seal doesn't help much either.

Still, I'm surprised to hear that Sasuke at this age is stronger than Oro. Probably due to the Sharingan, since that is the only reason Itachi is stronger than him as well.

There has to be a reason for Kishimoto to create a showdown between the two opponents. I'm guessing it's to please Sasuke fanboys and -girls who don't want to see Oro in his body.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 13:13   Link #7
Ichimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapica View Post
I doubt Sasuke is strong enough to take on Orochimaru at this point in time. The only way I see him being able to prevent Oro from taking his body, is if Oro's body gives up on him. There is not way he is as strong as KN4 whom Oro sort of tied with. The fact that Sasuke has a cursed seal doesn't help much either.

Still, I'm surprised to hear that Sasuke at this age is stronger than Oro. Probably due to the Sharingan, since that is the only reason Itachi is stronger than him as well.

There has to be a reason for Kishimoto to create a showdown between the two opponents. I'm guessing it's to please Sasuke fanboys and -girls who don't want to see Oro in his body.
kishi fanboyism
Old 2007-02-23, 13:20   Link #8
xPresagio

I don't intend to narrate the chapter (that honor should probably go to Syaoran or someone more "renowned") but my comments have a lot of spoilers so...

Spoiler:

Kishi better has a good plan for the next chapters to prevent more degradation of Oro's image, while giving Sasuke a fair treatment. Things can get really ugly if he decants too much for either side.

Nonetheless, we are getting closer to know about the true nature of Kabuto.
Sadly, there is still no signs of Team 8, Akatsuki or Jiraya.

Will Zetsu finally gets his largely deferred twin lunch?

Last edited by xPresagio; 2007-02-23 at 14:51.
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 13:56   Link #9
xPresagio

Forgot to mention..

Spoiler:
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 13:59   Link #10
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

THEY SAID I WAS MAD WELL WHO'S MAD NOW?! I said (in Chapter 309 discussion or whatever it was) that Sasuke's words couldn't be trusted and that he'd want to escape Oro somehow.
Even if Sasuke is ridiculously strong, he's just activated the damn cursed seal which Oro controls! That, I believe, will be Oro's advantage. Its way too early for the best villain to be killed off.
Soulnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 14:15   Link #11
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulnin View Post
THEY SAID I WAS MAD WELL WHO'S MAD NOW?! I said (in Chapter 309 discussion or whatever it was) that Sasuke's words couldn't be trusted and that he'd want to escape Oro somehow.
Even if Sasuke is ridiculously strong, he's just activated the damn cursed seal which Oro controls! That, I believe, will be Oro's advantage. Its way too early for the best villain to be killed off.
Agreed. I think he'll appear dead, Sasuke will leave believing he succeeded, but of course Oro will come back later on to be the grand nuisance he is.
Old 2007-02-23, 14:18   Link #12
Yondaime
4th Hokage 四代目火影

And don't forget that he's fighting Oro while Oro is weak and not in tip top shape due to needing to switch bodies so perhaps its a more even playing field that way. Kinda like when the 3 sannin all had handicaps when they fought each other.

- Umineko no naku koro ni
Yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 14:19   Link #13
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Oh my..... this is NICE!

I was disgusted with the idea that Sasuke was going to willingly give up his body to Oro in order to beat Itachi.

This new plot twist is wonderful, it will breath life into the series!

Sasuke looks like he is ready to go all out. He has is Sharingan on, the curse seal activated and has already drawn first blood on a bed ridden Oro.

But I don't think he'll be able to defeat Orochimaru. Oro said that Sasuke is stronger than he was at the same age. But that does not translate into stronger than he is now.

Oro might be in a weakened state but the odds are stacked against Sasuke. Kabuto for one is just around the corner, surely ready to assist Orochimaru and that curse seal was meant to hone Sasuke's power not give him an edge over Oro. Oro could just do to him what he did to Anko in the forest.

The next chapter should be great. If Sasuke loses I think he may still attempt to flee.

I was interested to know that Kakashi would have used the Mangekyo Sharingan (are they ever going to explain how he got that thing?!) on Kakuzu.

It's a good thing they mentioned that but I think he was getting beat on too easily and if he was truely going to die, surely he would have used it.

I wonder where the manga goes from here. There are still a few more duos yet to be introduced from Akatsuki. Team Kakashi seems to be resting up a bit and Sasuke looks like he is satisfied with Oro's training and ready to go out on his own.
Old 2007-02-23, 14:27   Link #14
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I dont know why Sasuke wants to kill Oro is it payback for Sarutobi . There is another reason if he kills Oro in a weakened state he wont have to bother about being manipulated by CS . Consider he escaped before taking on Oro then he would be hunted having the cursed seals would be a major disadvantage . Remember how Anko was manipulated .

We have to wait and see what part Kabuto will play

* Idle Observer

* Help Sasuke

* Help Oro
Old 2007-02-23, 14:39   Link #15
Ero-Senn1n

My tip is that Oro will try to make some moves against Sasuke, then Sasuke overpowers him because he is ill, and that's when Oro does to Sasuke what he did to Anko, Sasuke simply collapses in pain and Oro gives some speech about who is the boss. However i don't understand why didn't Oro recognize Sasuke's chakra/jutsu? It may be that Sasuke's sharingan-uchiha chakra of which the Kyuubi was talking has destroyed Oro's seal? In that case Oro will be dead soon.

It was good to hear that Kakashi was about to use his MS on Kakuzu, he didn't forget his strongest move, he was just scared of the effect it will have on him. On the other hand Naruto seems to have forgot his summoning jutsu...
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 14:40   Link #16
kishinfoulux

this chapter felt like it took forever to come out...worth it as always though...

anyways not much to say that no one else has covered already. bed-ridden or not, oro should NOT lose this fight. and honestly i dont think sasuke is dumb enough to fall for the "fake death" trick. perhaps oro will beat some sense into him and sasuke will realize that he stilll has "much more to learn" from oro.

also its funny some people bitched about naruto nuking kakuzu but when sasuke wipes out a field of sound nin on one raises an eyebrow. thats no easy feat, generic henchmen or not. i know kishi loves his sasuke but i hope he doesnt make him so horrendously overpowered. doesnt matter i suppose in the end because if he faces naruto again, he willl surely fail.
kishinfoulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 14:41   Link #17
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Fun chapter. Let Sasuke's fanbase squeel with glee for a while, their main character has returned...somewhat. But in all honesty this chapter felt like it was force-feeding me the words "Sasuke is uber". We get it Kishimoto, you don't need to re-state it every chapter.

-Aside from that, the Naruto and Company scene was amusing, Sai especially. The guy went from a total prick to a Naruto groupie within a chapter. Naruto's conversion powers seem to have grown greatly.

-What I wanted this chapter to was to show what the Akatsuki are up to rather than this but I'm not the writer. Oh well, there's always the next time...
Old 2007-02-23, 14:55   Link #18
chuckcsf

So did Sauske achieve the highest form of shape manipulation that would rival that of the Rasengan?
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 15:03   Link #19
ShikaShika
無罪

Well, this was obviously going to happen sooner or later. I very much doubt Orochimaru is dying anytime soon, unless this is some kind of transition phase in the manga and Orochimaru already played his part, he's certainly been looking kind of weak lately. At any rate he better put up one hell of a good fight, but in the end he won't be able to stop Sasuke from leaving.

Would be cool if Sasuke could find another Uchiha to teach him (the third MS-user?).

Also thought the Naruto-Sakura-Sai scene was hilarious though it was done better in School Rumble. Didn't really seem like Sakura had anything against feeding Naruto.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 15:07   Link #20
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Well this chapter surely showed that Sasuke is badass. I mean defeating singlehandedly a whole ninja army without a scratch and without killing any of them and making Orochimaru admiting that compared to Sasuke's genius he's pathetic (the most wtf!? moment of the whole chapter)?
After that creating a chakra blade half a dozen meter long without use of a medium to chanel his chakra is just to be expected.
Badass indeed but maybe too badass for his own good. It's almost like Kishimoto wants to show Sasuke at his best as a last blaze of glory before being taken over. I wonder what would stop Oro to just shut him down thanks to the CS.
With Kabuto's last glance, it seems we will have another "Kabuto is a traitor yes or no? moment" maybe this will explain that.

One thing though where the hell did they find an army of easily over a thousands ninja like that?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote