Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-20, 03:49   Link #1061
Wanderer
Goat

Homura getting bussed really upsets me.
Old 2013-09-20, 03:57   Link #1062
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

My votes for today. Forgot to post at night cos I fell asleep lol.

Wanted to vote for Yozora cos she has the highest chance among the rest to upset Mami but I decided to stick to my cute Iwai

Ayase is a staple here. I hope she bulldoze everyone down.

Shinka gets a vote from me. Ika Musume probably won't have enough strength to throw her off.

<<武者小路祝@断裁分離のクライムエッジ>>
<<新垣あやせ@俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない。>>
<<丹生谷森夏@中二病でも恋がしたい!>>
Old 2013-09-20, 04:26   Link #1063
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for So THIS was your decision, Madoka voters...:

(hint: choice on the left)
Old 2013-09-20, 05:32   Link #1064
AP24

Here are my predictions for Round 2 by series:
-Saki is still currently the dominating series. There are 13 characters in Round 2, 10 of them got at least 200 votes in Round 1, and 6 of them are in the top 20 winners of Round 1 with the most number of votes. I’m guessing when Round 2 ends they will still be dominating.
-Index/Railgun series has 7 characters in Round 2 and coincidentally all the characters that got at least 200 votes in Round 1 are the main cast of Railgun (Misaka, Saten, Uiharu, Kuroko). All the main girls of Railgun have a chance of making to Round 3 but almost all of them are up against tough opponents in Round 2.
-Love Live has 7 characters in Round 2 and 3 of them (Umi, Honoka, Niko) got at least 200 votes in Round 1. Maki and Rin were the only ones that got eliminated though it was because they were against strong characters. 3 or 4 of them will definitely lose in Round 2 and the rest will have a hard time winning.
-Yuru Yuri has 7 characters in Round 2 and only 2 of them (Kyouko & Akari) got at least 200 votes in Round 1. Like Love Live characters, 3 or 4 of them will definitely lose in Round 2 and the rest will have a hard time winning.
-Madoka Magica has 5 characters in Round 2 and this series performed the best in Round which all the characters in Round 1 won. All of them are the 5 main girls and all got at least 200 votes in Round 1. Kyouko will definitely make to Round 3 but the rest are against tough opponents in Round 2. Madoka and Homura are in the top 20 winners of Round 1 and they end up competing against each other.
-Haganai has 4 characters in Round 2 and 3 of them (Sena, Yozora, Rika) got at least 200 votes in Round 1. All the characters will have tough matches with Sena and Rika competing against each other.
-Girls und Panzer has 4 characters in Round 2 and 3 of them (Saori, Miho, Maho) got at least 200 votes in Round 1. This series is one of the ones that performed the worst in Round 1 which only 4 out 14 characters made to Round 2. All the strong characters will have tough matches in Round 2.
-Chuunibyou has 4 characters in Round 2 and all of them are the main girls. Rikka and Dekomori are the only ones that got at least 200 votes in Round 1 and it looks like they will make to Round 3 (thanks to their Chuunibyou powers perhaps).
-Little Busters has 4 characters in Round 2. Kud and Komari are the only ones that got at least 200 votes in Round 1 and they both will be against tough opponents in Round 2.
-Ro-Kyu-Bu has 3 characters in Round 2. Tomoka and Maho both got at least 200 votes in Round 1 and they also are in the top 20 winners of Round 1, but they will have tough matches in Round 2.
-All the other series only has 1 or 2 characters in Round 2 but OreImo and Tari Tari are the only ones that has 2 characters that got at least 200 votes in Round 1. Kuroneko, Ayase, Sawa and Wakana will have tough matches in Round 2.

Kana Hanazawa is still the dominating seiyuu in this round though that might no longer be the case when this round ends.

For today's matches we have 3 Madoka Magica characters and one of them will definitely be eliminated.
-For A1 match, it's either Mami or Yozora but Yozora is my prediction and pick.
-For B1 match, it's difficult to know since all the characters placed 1st in the preliminaries and got at least 200 votes in Round 1. In this match, the two most important characters in Madoka Magica are competing. Ayase is my prediction and pick. The votes from Madoka Magica fans will be split between Homura and Madoka so this gives Ayase a chance to win. If Ayase wins she will be known in this year's tournament as the one who defeated the two most important Madoka Magica characters at the same time.
-For C1 match, it's ether Ika Musume or Nibutani but Nibutani is my prediction and pick.
Old 2013-09-20, 06:17   Link #1065
Team Rocket Elite

Matches: A2-2 B2-2 C2-2

If Yuu was as strong as she was last year, she would win this match easily. However, she probably wouldn't beat Fate in her prime. Ririchiyo has seen better days as well. All three of them are still quite strong, though. While Fate has a very good chance to win here, I think Yuu will take it.

Nobuna vs Kirame round 2. Rise and Yukiho don't seem strong enough to take first here so it'll come down to the winner of the rematch. I think Kirame will win this time. She's a bit lucky that she has Yuu to back her up this round like she had Kuro in Round 1. I think she would lose otherwise.

Mako and Nico are decently strong but Azusa should be stronger. Round 2 cuts the field down to just 32 so a lot of strong characters will be taking their first loss here.

Votes:
Fate Testarossa
Hanada Kirame
Azuki Azusa

Predictions:
Matsumi Yuu
Hanada Kirame
Azuki Azusa
Old 2013-09-20, 09:06   Link #1066
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
It needs more degeso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BXTMEcCv4
Old 2013-09-20, 09:07   Link #1067
Hachiko
The Akita

Japan has gone in a new direction. I think we are going to see a new champion outside of Saki and Madoka. You heard it here first from the Hachiko.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:12   Link #1068
Subayai

Spoiler for results for Round 2 day 1:

Ayase killed them both.
MadoMagi fans got greedy and lost it all.

On the other matches, Mami dominates and Mori Summer survives Ika's attack.

Also, 1052 votes in B2-1. That's more votes than any other match not just this year but of the 2012 tournament as well.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:14   Link #1069
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Damn, is that official?
Old 2013-09-20, 09:15   Link #1070
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Japan has gone in a new direction. I think we are going to see a new champion outside of Saki and Madoka. You heard it here first from the Hachiko.
Odd sentiment given that Mami is the first girl in the tournament to actually clear 500 votes.

Those Homura fans that voted for Madoka instead probably made a strategic mistake. Too many Homura fans stuck to Homura resulting in Ion's dream scenario. Homura is simply too strong to get effectively bussed, as evidenced by her 201 votes. Madoka faction voters backed the wrong girl, and that's why Ayase won.

I'm definitely not pleased with Madoka and Homura both going out in the 2nd round, but it's not all bad for a Madoka fan, as Mami's performance was absolutely stellar.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:23   Link #1071
Zeroryoko1974

Mori Summers training with Dekomori paid off in her battle against Ika Musume. Still makes me sad though, Homura was the best character and most moe in that show. Well, I liked Ayase enough, so I am not to mad. Would be a different story if they had lost to Kirino
Old 2013-09-20, 09:24   Link #1072
hinakatbklyn

- Not really a fan of any character with even alittle hint of a Yandere personality. In any case, there was more than enough of a split from Madoka and Homura for Ayase to win the match and continue on to the third round. (To think Madoka has to rely on Ayase to win the group for her to have a chance at repchange.)

- Also alittle resistance from Ika, but Nibutani wins her match which is good.

Fate / Ririchiyo..... I could support both, but Yu Matsumi has the prematch advantage.
Azuki Azusa / Nico..... another split support match. I'm thinking Azuki will win, but nico has both vote total and VD advantage.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:34   Link #1073
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Odd sentiment given that Mami is the first girl in the tournament to actually clear 500 votes.
She has already won this before, and Mami is just playing for fun this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Those Homura fans that voted for Madoka instead probably made a strategic mistake. Too many Homura fans stuck to Homura resulting in Ion's dream scenario. Homura is simply too strong to get effectively bussed, as evidenced by her 201 votes. Madoka faction voters backed the wrong girl, and that's why Ayase won.

I'm definitely not pleased with Madoka and Homura both going out in the 2nd round, but it's not all bad for a Madoka fan, as Mami's performance was absolutely stellar.
They needed to make a strong decision. They did not. They needed to choose one. They did not. Well, it serves them right.

Question: with the margin as it is, will Madoka get a good placing in the repechage?
Old 2013-09-20, 09:34   Link #1074
Triple_R
*Author

One thing that these recent results do is legitimize Mami's J-SaiMoe 2011 victory.

Clearly a lot of typical Homura voters will support Madoka over Homura if the two go head-to-head. Even if Homura had not been cheated by Mikoto in 2011, it's now quite conceivable that Madoka would have defeated Homura if the two went head-to-head in 2011. And Mami defeated Madoka back in J-SaiMoe 2011.

In intraseries matches, it's actually quite possible that Mami is the strongest MadoMagica girl. And that's coming from a huge Sayaka fan, of course.

Quote:
So what if she's won this before? Let's say the finale is Mami vs. a non-Madoka girl. You really think Madoka faction voters are going to abandon Mami in such a situation just because Mami won this before?

Now, maybe in Mami vs. Kyouko or Mami vs. Sayaka, Madoka faction voters will say "Let's have a different PMMM girl get a chance to be champion this time", but I definitely don't see Mami's 500+ voters abandoning her otherwise.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:38   Link #1075
Hachiko
The Akita

Can you imagine a Mami-Toki Group A Final? I think it's gonna happen.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:40   Link #1076
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Not exactly my dream scenario. I want Homuhomu to finish 2nd instead of the goddess...

Mori-sama and Ika-chan match is close as expected, with Chuunikoi being the stronger series = win. Mori-sama-Rikka Group Final is still alive (Although the other 2 girls in Azusa/Nico and Sakura Kyouko are no joke...)

Mami won easily as expected. Yozora doesn't have the luxury of split vote, nor she's anywhere near Ayase's strength...

For today:
A2-2: Pick: Ririchiyo-sama. Predict: Yuu. Yuu did top her sister in prelim after all. If this was last year, Ririchiyo-sama would put up more of a fight (She did won against Chitanda...), but she's just not as strong this year.
B2-2: Pick/Predict: Subara. In the Oda Nobuna-Subara rematch, will they tie again?
C2-2: Pick: Mako, Predict: Azusa. Azusa beat Nico in prelim, don't see it change here. On the other hand, though, I can't pick between the 3 at all...

Quote:
She's going to face Toki in Group Final. 2011 winner v. 2012 winner, and MadoMagi fan and Saki fan will abandon their girl and vote for the other side?
Old 2013-09-20, 09:47   Link #1077
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Can you imagine a Mami-Toki Group A Final? I think it's gonna happen.
I agree with you here. I think it'll be a great match. Probably the most exciting of the group finals.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:48   Link #1078
AP24

All of a sudden there were about 1000 votes in yesterday's matches. The number of votes in Round 2 matches are normally higher than in round 1 matches.

I guess the 2011 champion is still very strong that she managed to defeat Yozora easily. Not surprised Ayase won because even if there were more Madoka Magica fans than OreImo fans voting that day they still had to split the votes between Madoka and Homura which gave Ayase a chance to win. Mori Summer won against Ika Musume by slight difference as expected, this was probably due to Chuunibyou movie released recently and the airing date for second season was announced recently too.

In these next matches, the winners will go against the winners of the previous matches.
In A2, Yuu will most likely win and she will compete against Mami in Round 3 which will be a great match.
In B2, it's difficult to know but I predict Rise as the winner. It doesn't really matter who wins here because the winner will compete against Ayase, who defeated 2 Madoka Magica characters at the same time, and lose in Round 3. I guess Ayase will be one of the 2 group B finalists.
In C2, it's probably going to be a close match between Azuki Azusa and Niko-Niko-Nii. I like the girls from Love Live but Azuki Azusa is one of the most moe characters this year so she will more likely to win. The winner will compete against Mori Summer in Round 3 which will be a good match.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:56   Link #1079
Subayai

I'm just relieved that Mori Summer survived. I also wanted Madoka to win because this would have kept Yukari's soul alive but in any case the matches on B2-1 and C2-1 were so very exciting with suspense until the end and a vote total that rivals the most voted matches of 2011. This is awesome but I wonder where all these voters have been hiding until now.

Quote:
Question: with the margin as it is, will Madoka get a good placing in the repechage?
Madoka will only go to the repechage if Ayase wins group B. The margin has no influence in what spot she will get.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:57   Link #1080
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
The champion is gonna be from Hyouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
Spoiler for results for Round 2 day 1:

Ayase killed them both.
MadoMagi fans got greedy and lost it all.

On the other matches, Mami dominates and Mori Summer survives Ika's attack.

Also, 1052 votes in B2-1. That's more votes than any other match not just this year but of the 2012 tournament as well.
Am disappointed with Yozora. VERY disappointed but Ayase did well enough to top

Thank goodness Shinka survived. I didn't expect Ika Musume to put that much of a fight O.O

My votes for today. Gonna hope Yuu top her group. Fingers crossed

<<松実宥@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<花田煌@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<小豆梓@変態王子と笑わない猫。>>

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament