AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-26, 17:58   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was one of the funniest episode of the series so far. Ainz's intention were as pure as they come, he was really just there to recruit some adventurers. The Emperor cheering the Warrior King on with his all his might, and as soon as he was defeated he made a 180 and begged to become for his state to become a vassal of the Sorcerer Kingdom. Ainz being a dumbass didn't even get it

Just to make sure, but Ainz completely made up the part about being unable to use the spell from S3 for another 10 years in order to appear less threatening, right?

The part where he rewarded the magician with a random book which turned out to be exactly what he wanted was funny too.
Old 2022-07-26, 19:36   Link #22
nojay
Scanlator

It's interesting to note the dramatic pacing of Overlord requires Ainz to fight personally in some kind of formal duel, usually one-on-one, in each series. Series one had the Clementine fight, series two was the battle against Shalltear, series three had him fighting the Adventurer team in Nazarick's arena plus the duel with Stronoff and now we've had the fight with the Warrior King in the Empire's arena in series four.

I'm not sure but I think there's at least one such staged fight in each of the light novels, if you include Momon's fight with Jaldabaoth/Deimurge in the Re-Estize capital as a "duel".
Old 2022-07-26, 21:09   Link #23
velvet nightmare

Kind of interesting a gamer, and what appears to be a dedicated one, doesn't know the concept of vassalage. It's not like a crazy or obscure concept or something.

regardless, appreciate the ongoing theme that Ainz is just bumbling his way through the world.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 15:15   Link #24
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 10:28.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 20:43   Link #25
Wandering Soul

I was honestly expecting Ainz to some point question why the Emperor kept on cheering the Warrior King, though I guess the Emperor probably would have tried to deflect by claiming to be a big fan.
Old 2022-07-28, 04:41   Link #26
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Just to make sure, but Ainz completely made up the part about being unable to use the spell from S3 for another 10 years in order to appear less threatening, right?
Yeah. There's a cooldown for Super Tier Spells, but it's not years. There's not even an MP cost. There's also a limit to the number of casts per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I was honestly expecting Ainz to some point question why the Emperor kept on cheering the Warrior King, though I guess the Emperor probably would have tried to deflect by claiming to be a big fan.
That's pretty much what Ainz assumed: the Jircniv was a total fanboy of the Warrior King. I think he found it cute, at first.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-29, 13:21   Link #27
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
Kind of interesting a gamer, and what appears to be a dedicated one, doesn't know the concept of vassalage. It's not like a crazy or obscure concept or something.
Maybe they lost interest in the concept in the 2100s Though he clearly stated that Civ type games still exist and are still being played during their time, maybe he's the equivalent of that gamer who just plays fortnite/overwatch type games in our time.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-29, 14:00   Link #28
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The part where he rewarded the magician with a random book which turned out to be exactly what he wanted was funny too.
For me, the funniest part was when he unintentionally added fuel to the fire of the rumours that Jircniv asked him to cast that specific spell at the battle. You just know Osk is gonna be spreading that even further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Maybe they lost interest in the concept in the 2100s Though he clearly stated that Civ type games still exist and are still being played during their time, maybe he's the equivalent of that gamer who just plays fortnite/overwatch type games in our time.
I wouldn't be surprised if he knew the concept, just not the exact word.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-30, 20:53   Link #29
HandofFate

enjoying this kingdom building season much more than the previous one which left a bad taste in my mouth
Old 2022-07-31, 16:24   Link #30
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Anyone from Germany able to watch this on CR? For some reason my country isn't included in their licensing, so I assume neither is Germany, I want to make sure though as I would rather avoid having to pay for a VPN just to watch this...
Really strange though, even DanMachi is available... From what I can see it's Overlord in particular.

Is it legally available elsewhere? Netflix for example? (I can't check because I let my subscription run out...)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2022-07-31 at 16:49.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 17:50   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Anyone from Germany able to watch this on CR? For some reason my country isn't included in their licensing, so I assume neither is Germany, I want to make sure though as I would rather avoid having to pay for a VPN just to watch this...
Really strange though, even DanMachi is available... From what I can see it's Overlord in particular.

Is it legally available elsewhere? Netflix for example? (I can't check because I let my subscription run out...)
I'm from France and it's not available there, but neither is Danmachi. Both are on Hidive so try to check there.

I actually thought that with the Wakanim/Funimation fusion, I'd be able to get away with having only one subscription for anime since they'd dominate the market but this season Sentai has licensed most of the interesting stuff. There ended up being no change.
Old 2022-07-31, 17:53   Link #32
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I'm from France and it's not available there, but neither is Danmachi. Both are on Hidive so try to check there.

I actually thought that with the Wakanim/Funimation fusion, I'd be able to get away with having only one subscription for anime since they'd dominate the market but this season Sentai has licensed most of the interesting stuff. There ended up being no change.
I just found out a few minutes ago... Amazon... Not even directly but through some weird anime service, i.e. you, allegedy, have to pay for prime AND that one..., Given the scumminess, I will probably rather pay for a VPN.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2022-07-31, 17:56   Link #33
Estzero1

Quote:

It's running on Aniverse, which itself is available through Amazon. Same goes for Danmachi btw.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 18:35   Link #34
Estzero1

Quote:
I just found out a few minutes ago... Amazon... Not even directly but through some weird anime service, i.e. you, allegedy, have to pay for prime AND that one..., Given the scumminess, I will probably rather pay for a VPN.
No, not true. Only prime. Rest is inclusive.

Old 2022-07-31, 19:31   Link #35
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Prime tells me to do a subscription there though...

Old 2022-07-31, 20:02   Link #36
Estzero1

Oh my bad. Since the free version will get you nowhere, it probably isn't worth it, unless you can use it for more or there are other things you wanna watch. Like I said, testing is an option and canceling is possible at any time.

Old 2022-08-01, 12:30   Link #37
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Does CR even let you access through a VPN? Whenever I have mine active the site won't even load for me, and that's even with the location being set to the city I live in.
Old 2022-08-02, 16:57   Link #38
Strahan

When restrictions like this make it so difficult to watch through official channels, it greatly reduces my qualms about not so official channels like fansubs heh.

Quote:
If only that were the case. I was aggravated when I saw a charge on my card for some video service. Turns out I watched something on Amazon, assuming my Prime account covered it, when in fact it was a third party streamer. Wasn't very obvious, irritated me when I got charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Does CR even let you access through a VPN? Whenever I have mine active the site won't even load for me, and that's even with the location being set to the city I live in.
Popular VPNs IP blocks are known, and a lot of services just blanket block the whole ranges. What I did back in the day was to rent a cheap VPS and use that as a proxy.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-02, 17:01   Link #39
Strahan

Good episode. I liked the faces Shalltear makes, esp when Ainz is like yea, she's my master lol. If I were Ainz I'd be hard pressed to not walk up and run my hands along her dress. Not just for what would likely be a hilarious reaction, but I'd be like WTH is making your dress always poof out so round like that? I see pictures from back in the day when women had dresses like that. Are they wearing something rigid underneath? No clue, but I'd be too curious and I'd have to find out lol

Quote:
When restrictions like this make it so difficult to watch through official channels, it greatly reduces my qualms about not so official channels like fansubs heh.

Quote:
If only that were the case. I was aggravated when I saw a charge on my card for some video service. Turns out I watched something on Amazon, assuming my Prime account covered it, when in fact it was a third party streamer. Wasn't very obvious, irritated me when I got charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Popular VPNs IP blocks are known, and a lot of services just blanket block the whole ranges. What I did back in the day was to rent a cheap VPS and use that as a proxy.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-02, 17:48   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Best part of the episode was Cocytus being used as a chair and him desperately wanting to know if he made a better chair than Shalltear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Good episode. I liked the faces Shalltear makes, esp when Ainz is like yea, she's my master lol. If I were Ainz I'd be hard pressed to not walk up and run my hands along her dress. Not just for what would likely be a hilarious reaction, but I'd be like WTH is making your dress always poof out so round like that? I see pictures from back in the day when women had dresses like that. Are they wearing something rigid underneath? No clue, but I'd be too curious and I'd have to find out lol
I forgot the name but yes, they're wearing an iron thing under their skirts to give them some oomph.

Tags
action, supernatural