AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-11-16, 02:20   Link #6241
azul120

He just became Suzaku 2.0 and needed to go out in the grandiose way possible that would somehow manage to "fix" things.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 02:21   Link #6242
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i question whether or not he ended up fixing more things then he broke in the process
Old 2009-11-16, 02:26   Link #6243
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
It's a classic Oedipus.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 02:48   Link #6244
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i question whether or not he ended up fixing more things then he broke in the process
I was only speaking of his intent, not the actual results stemming from there.
Old 2009-11-18, 06:22   Link #6245
Laurcus
The black angel

Anyone in this thread planning to go to Tokyo in december for the miraculous rebirth, and wouldn't mind reporting back what happens to the rest of us? I would go to Tokyo myself but a plane ticket and other travel expenses, not to mention lack of being able to speak japanese is all a bit beyond my means at the moment.

I figure it will take a bit for information to circulate around the internet, and I would like to know what this is all about ASAP lol.
Old 2009-11-18, 09:38   Link #6246
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
I hope you're not expecting a miraculous rebirth, because it's probably more fan service than anything else. It's Lelouch's birthday party. It's not something you attend. It's just a bunch of guys sitting around a table and talking streaming live from the Code Geass website.
Old 2009-11-18, 17:27   Link #6247
Laurcus
The black angel

Well that's just the name of the event. From what I've heard it can be translated as birthday, rebirth, or revival. And according to the official website there's going to be a picture drama shown live.

Honestly I have no idea what to expect. And will there be streams of it? From the ad on their website it seems more like a convention that's being held in Tokyo. Ticket prices and all.
Old 2009-11-18, 21:51   Link #6248
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Ah, it is a theater event. My apologies I didn't realize that. I might be wrong about the streaming thing because I can't seem to find it now, but I swear I saw it on the site. :s

On another note, anyone want to translate this?: http://www.geass.jp/special_11.html
Old 2009-11-19, 09:51   Link #6249
Laurcus
The black angel

My google toolbar has an automatic translation, but it seems really choppy. Either way here it is.

- 9 August in Code Geass R2 in finished celebrating its first anniversary. Fukuyama says this for any one year or one year must have been.

○ Fukuyama
『Rebellion to see him first appeared two years, I had two extremely strong years. So this 』Rebellion『 was no longer one, but I was busy, and to That's a little different from the cutter of the time, I have a strange feeling.
Character played for, that you should let the Lelouch, and now I get so far did not offer such a role. Among the many creators who Rebellion 『I』 realized that many people once again had been seen.
Lelouch two years and continued to push the boundaries for me since I was 2 years, I think this is a challenge I look forward to playing a new role that the experience was one year.

- Final 『Re;』 How do you look back to?

○ Fukuyama
Also those of the audience, or reach the end to the story of what I was thinking Lelouch is different.
I was thinking that I will play well with me, drop the Lelouch Dokoro What I was thinking, just as I had written the script and that the last inning. So, without Bureru could just play the last round.
But when finished playing, the "obvious spear!" Rather than "managed successfully finished" is a strong feeling that the better.
From there you have it until the climax of "How to finish" We expected that from you.
But Thanks to your last Tsukutsu like that, even in the Rebellion 』my former firm was able to put an end to his work.
... ... After the last round, how many from "Lelouch is what happened after that?" Moraimashita lots of questions like that.
I'm not sure it is. How is that not all answers will not even think about me, It's not that the same people think that it's not that I may be getting the correct answer to me. I felt good that can answer better looking.

- Lelouch played the last two years, that changed Fukuyama himself available?

○ Fukuyama
Ku Gotsu has changed now that the body ... (laughs). Before that I, and I was gonna spindly. During the two years that, in particular the I with R2 in the upper body muscles from a mile is. I was using muscles I play a lot more than when Lelouch.
Lelouch really is a great role, the previous series STAGE8 "Black Knights" since, but the character does not make a speech every week, I cut it in the neck muscles.

- What is the muscles of the neck?

○ Fukuyama
Originally a high tone of voice of the people like me, and keep tension low aloud while, I use around the base of the neck muscles tremendously. Until the test is I managed to keep the production is that they keep the other by sheer force.
So "the United States of Japan" and yell Nante, Buchibuchibuchitsu and the base of the neck (laughs). Every week, cut the muscle, repeating that if it were cured, the neck is thick, about 3cm Temashita. What people are dubbing resistance training had been, or is it not about me (laughs).
This muscle, I thought that 』or『 Rebellion After the fall, but it did come off. 『Rebellion" in nail mark "the body is left feeling that (laughs).

- For your next event, why do you like?

○ Fukuyama
I also still at this time specific nature of the event I do not know. One of the disturbing ... "Kiseki birthday" in the title.
Lelouch is how to exit from a character like that was, or how to come out, you do not have to exit the first place? (Laughs)
I turned around I just care about it. But even the next unexpected development from 』is the『 Rebellion in Kano Hana something complicated that does not have a gimmick, it is fun and simple. That these events will be held one year after taking are so high that even I think there is still plenty of enthusiasm towards the fans, the day is I want you to enjoy with the fans.

- Thank you message to the fans who are looking forward to the event.

○ Fukuyama
No original comics and novels have been able to blast through 』Rebellion here is thanks to everyone who have supported.
Even me, so again 『I』 scene of the Rebellion, and I'd like to think that going back to the battlefield stage again.
Every "What happens now?" In the sense that I had seen, I think you'll look forward to what will become of the event.

- Thank you.

It's like trying to read a youtube comments section lol. Seems like an interview to me btw. Though you probably already knew that.
Old 2009-11-19, 20:54   Link #6250
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Yeah, that's Babelfish. It's completely worthless for making accurate translations.
Old 2009-11-19, 23:56   Link #6251
Laurcus
The black angel

Lol yeah, I guess it's better than nothing though right? I wish I could be of more help but sadly I speak about 2 words of Japanese.
Old 2009-11-20, 00:24   Link #6252
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
I wish I could be of more help but sadly I speak about 2 words of Japanese.
And I speak about two words less than you do!!
geewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 03:46   Link #6253
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Aye, it does at least give us a vague idea. Apparently Lelouch's boomy voice gave Fukuyama a workout.
Old 2009-11-20, 06:39   Link #6254
Laurcus
The black angel

Yeah google fails at Japanese. I can get an idea of what it's about if I stare at it long enough, but a real translation would be nice lol.
Old 2009-12-04, 17:41   Link #6255
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

... continuing from the C.C thread

it actually makes his sacrifice even less "heroic" (if the term can even apply) by saying that he chose a path such as zero-requiem AFTER losing the will to live anyway

the idea that his "punishment" would be to separate from nunnaly also falls flat because he came up with the plan believing she was dead already
in short, lelouch would be seen as having chose zero-requiem not out of guilt of a desire to be punished, but simply out of a lack of will to live (like C.C is during most of the show)
Old 2009-12-04, 18:37   Link #6256
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Lelouch is a complex character.
I, too, intrerpretated his wish for a "tomorrow" in that scene as a wish for the world as a whole. However, his original wish, the one that started the whole thing, was that for a peaceful life with Nunnally (and revenge, but I believe those two are tied very closely together).

It's official that Lelouch got an ending that can easily be considered a happy one. So no, no punishment that was horrible for him. It's similar with Suzaku. He originally wanted to die, but at the end of the day, he's happy as long as he gets punished. And people say he's the epitome of semeness. Ha. xD
Old 2009-12-04, 19:06   Link #6257
azul120

Quote:
... continuing from the C.C thread

it actually makes his sacrifice even less "heroic" (if the term can even apply) by saying that he chose a path such as zero-requiem AFTER losing the will to live anyway

the idea that his "punishment" would be to separate from nunnaly also falls flat because he came up with the plan believing she was dead already
in short, lelouch would be seen as having chose zero-requiem not out of guilt of a desire to be punished, but simply out of a lack of will to live (like C.C is during most of the show)
Well, suicide is generally selfish to begin with.
Old 2009-12-04, 19:08   Link #6258
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
That, too.
Lelouch did disregard all other possibilities, and not just because they might have been less effective.
Old 2009-12-04, 19:10   Link #6259
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
its not the suicide part that bothers me
its the mass murder that came before it
Old 2009-12-04, 19:12   Link #6260
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
its not the suicide part that bothers me
its the mass murder that came before it
Killing himself didn't erase the past. Personally, I don't see any atonement there, just a strong, but pretty screwed up sense of justice that had been there from the beginning.