AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 54 44.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 28.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 14.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 9.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.83%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-30, 13:40   Link #101
Morbus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
But a bandaid ? come on, thats just poor taste.
Well, it can work immensely well:

Spoiler for bandaid awesomeness:
Morbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 14:37   Link #102
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by OokamiKasumi View Post
Actually, ALL of those circumstances (A, B & C) would indeed happen in Seduction situations. (I should know. I write the stuff for a living.) *wink*
Type C is not seduction because the girl is never seduced - she hates it from the beginning until the end.

And yeah NTR is aimed towards the guy who has been left out despite being closer/first etc.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 18:22   Link #103
achirist

I didn't like this episode very much--once it became clear that Hanekawa's moralistic, hatefull, uncomprehending so-called "advice" was merely her own jealous rants, having nothing to do with the situation or Senjogahara, I really disliked her. So now we see her true feelings, against being kind to people, and against his nature entirely--the person she supposedly liked. If only shinobu hadn't come out in the first place so we could have been spared her stupid self-indulgent rant. It isn't necessarily the other person's fault when you have an awkward unrequited love affair, and in this case, it wasn't his. Maybe 12 should have been the last episode...
Old 2010-06-30, 18:48   Link #104
Dop
Mmmm....

Done at last, done at last... Good job it was all worth waiting for, then.
I think I need to go back and watch the whole series again now.

Band-aid spotters: It's OK, she's a vampire and probably centuries old. At least that's your excuse. I probably would never have known about that if I'd not seen it here.

Now it's all completed, will someone PLEASE license this series!

Let's just hope that SHAFT don't over-stretch themselves if there's a next series (and I hope there's a next series) so we don't have to wait as long!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 19:05   Link #105
chinaboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It was a decent last episode. Was it worth the wait? No. But there should be a celebration that Shaft finally finished their work. This episode gets 10/10 just for that fact. Nah, 7/10. It has been too long for me to care about the plot, so average 6/10 and then plus 1/10 for finally being completed.
The animation was pointlessly fluid, to the over-exaggerated point though.

A severe lack of Mayoi and Nadeko. Even the monkey girl (Kubaru? I forgot her name...) got an appearance.
I couldn't agree more. It took so long for this episode to come out that if I didn't have it on MAL I probably would have forgot about it. As it is I only watched it in order to complete the series since I forgot most of the plot and no longer cared. I've ordered the DVD so I'll probably power watch it this winter. But if any sequel or prequel is to be dragged out like this I don't think I'll bother watching; just watch the reviews and the forums and if it's positive get the DVD(s).
chinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 19:10   Link #106
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
I didn't like this episode very much--once it became clear that Hanekawa's moralistic, hatefull, uncomprehending so-called "advice" was merely her own jealous rants, having nothing to do with the situation or Senjogahara, I really disliked her. So now we see her true feelings, against being kind to people, and against his nature entirely--the person she supposedly liked. If only shinobu hadn't come out in the first place so we could have been spared her stupid self-indulgent rant. It isn't necessarily the other person's fault when you have an awkward unrequited love affair, and in this case, it wasn't his. Maybe 12 should have been the last episode...
Hold on now - if you watched past episodes Hanekawa was more supportive of Araragi's relationship than not. At least that's how it came across to me. Black Hanekawa clearly planned to be taken down by Shinobu - I wouldn't be surprised if her and Oshino planned this entire thing out after Araragi went to look for Shinobu by himself. Hanekawa just wanted Araragi to love her and Black Hanekawa was testing him to see if he was really committed to being with Hitagi.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 21:51   Link #107
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
12 being the last episode wouldn't make any sense. The Monogatari series is based on problem-solving, and 12 didn't bring up anything. The reason Hitagi wanted to have that date in the first place was because after hearing that Kanbaru and Araragi had their date together, she "sorta" got jealous.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 23:46   Link #108
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Hold on now - if you watched past episodes Hanekawa was more supportive of Araragi's relationship than not. At least that's how it came across to me.
Same here. Which led to even more pain for Hanekawa.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 08:49   Link #109
zette

Finally got around to watching the sub. A four month long wait for this episode, and it was worth it indeed. I certainly hope that they will animate Kizu and Nise in the future, although I'm not sure if I can take any more of these long waiting for just one episode.

That scene at the end with Araragi and Hitagi on the bicycle... just beautiful. Hitagi is definitely the most unique female lead of recent time.

And the band-aid, lol. Shinobu was awesome though, but I'm disappointed that she didn't even speak a single line. ):
Old 2010-07-01, 09:07   Link #110
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
If only shinobu hadn't come out in the first place so we could have been spared her stupid self-indulgent rant.
Why do ou think the cat asked Hiiragi to stand in a place where there was a big shadow when vampires can teleport through them and it apparently holds no advantage to her?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 11:29   Link #111
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not exactly sure it was worth waiting so long, but that was a great episode, and a nice conclusion to this arc. Really disappointed by the lack of Nadeko though. It was pretty funny to see Shinobu perform so much acrobatics to reach Hanyakawa despite appearing right behind her, but whatever, her entrance was still ridiculously awesome, and I actually managed to spot the bandaid
Old 2010-07-02, 05:29   Link #112
VGJunky

Quote:
Hold up now, it sounds like you missed part of the point. She never gave him bad advice when it came to being with Senjougahara. It's just that a LOT of what she said to him also carried another meaning because she was in love with him. But there was absolutely no sinister intent there. Take the quote they pull from the commercial for her arc, for example: She can't be with him so she'll just stay close and help him whenever she can
VGJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 05:45   Link #113
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

They change the opening today so it's a non-live one now. I've seen some of the screen cap and it looks pretty good. Anyone here has a clip of the new one?
Old 2010-07-02, 06:32   Link #114
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
They change the opening today so it's a non-live one now. I've seen some of the screen cap and it looks pretty good. Anyone here has a clip of the new one?
Here you go. Get it before someone takes it down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0IJT22pXCw
Old 2010-07-02, 06:42   Link #115
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Omg, this makes me crave Nekomonogatari even more...why isn't it July 28 yet....but then again it's going to be a while before the translations come out anyway.
Old 2010-07-02, 07:19   Link #116
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
WTF with those hands.
Old 2010-07-02, 07:51   Link #117
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
WTF with those hands.
I have no idea, but I like it. This version is way better than the live action OP. 2D>3D.
Old 2010-07-02, 08:49   Link #118
Marion
The Great Dine

Damn I missed it >>
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 09:39   Link #119
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Damn I missed it >>
It's still on nico: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11253538

Gifs of the, err, relevant scenes for those who can't watch it on nico:

Old 2010-07-02, 09:47   Link #120
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Damn....

:thosearenothumanarms:thosearenothumanarms:thosear enothumanarms:thosearenothumanarms:
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote