AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-16, 14:39   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Yeti brothers for Nakama

Brown Beard for Nakama

Don't forget the essential "HAPPY HARPY FOR NAKAMA" post.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
However I do agree, I don't know about the rest of the sun pirates (To be honest, they didn't seem to have any strong players aside from Tiger and Jinbe) but the WB remnants would make for killer allies, especially if the division captains were still allied. A WB crew without WB is much weaker but still a major threat.
Well, as far as the sun pirates goes, I'd guess that Aladdin from the flashback was one of the stronger members, but we never saw him fight (but since it was noted that he was a former soldier like Jinbei, that should definitely mean that he has some combat experience). But yeah, the Whitebeard remnants would definitely be the best allies, especially since like three of the commanders were already capable of taking on the admirals (Marco, Jozu, Vista).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
^blackbeard a yonkou? when? where? lol
It was only confirmed like 13 chapters ago.....
Old 2012-05-16, 14:42   Link #22
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

So Law's after something that can help him take down a Yonkou . I'd say it's a powerful weapon (or the blueprints to it) that Vegapunk left behind, and more importantly, CC doesn't know about it.

I'd really love for Law and Luffy to team up, but the question is which Yonkou he's got in mind - if it's Shanks, Luffy will no doubt refuse, but if it's Big Mam, he may accept the offer.

It also looks like Law's DF comes with a "built-in" defibrillator or something, and Luffy chewing through the chains was definitely weird ...
Old 2012-05-16, 14:53   Link #23
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

It was only confirmed like 13 chapters ago.....
you read the last part of my post aight?
Old 2012-05-16, 15:02   Link #24
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
you read the last part of my post aight?
And why would you read one chapter every 40 or so or released? You can't do that with One Piece if you have any hopes of understanding anything that's going on.

Anyway, I have a good feeling Luffy will accept Law's offer. He probably feels like he still owes Law for saving him at Marineford, and as long as it's something that won't get in the way of him becoming the Pirate King, he'll gladly accept any new nakama no matter who they are.

Since it's just a plan to take down ONE of the Yonkou, the alliance will probably only last that long. Then they'll go back to being friendly rivals for the title of Pirate King.

The target will most likely be Big Mom, since she already has Luffy's crew on her hit-list.~
Old 2012-05-16, 15:03   Link #25
Homura7

If you look back at chapter 666 you'll find a hint pointing that the Yonkou Law wants to take down is non other than Big Mam.
Old 2012-05-16, 15:04   Link #26
marvelB

BTW, it most definitely looks like Law's counter shock was a haki-based move. I mean, he didn't even use his sword for that technique. The guy really is insanely powerful at this point (especially considering how he took out a freaking VA before this). But personally, I'm still not entirely convinced that the yetis are down for the count just yet. I mean, I still feel there's some reason why we still haven't gotten a clear look at their faces, for one thing.....

Heh, I like how the little mask things the switched members are wearing changes their expression along with them. Though I really do wonder if Law's proposal was the reason why he switched their bodies in the first place. I mean, if that were the case, what was the point of switching Smoker and Tashigi? Just sh*ts n' giggles?

Anyhow, I hope that CC has some more strong guardians on standby, because despite me still standing by what I said in the first paragraph, I'm still a little disappointed that the cool bros. were beaten rather quickly. Especially after the hype they had these last few chapters. Maybe Monet will prove to be a rather formidable foe, especially since she seems to be the type of person to research her enemies......
Old 2012-05-16, 15:27   Link #27
cj1277

I thought i was the only one to catch that in ch.666 Kurusu, oh well shows how many other ppl there are in the world who can read btwn the lines lol.

Anyway love the idea of a Law and Luffy alliance, they have proven to work good together so far and out of the worst generation these two captains seem to get along the best. However Law is unique and although he is one of my favorite charaters, he is untrustworthy as MarvelB said (its what makes him cool). He also seems to get along with Kid as well though. With Kid already sinking Big Mom ships somewhere in the new world, makes me wonder if Law haven't already went to Kid to form an alliance....food for thought.

But to get two members of the worst geneneration (potentially three if the Law theory holds out) wonder what kind of personality the emperor has? Can't wait to see although i think Kaido will prove to be a bigger threat for some reason.
Old 2012-05-16, 15:38   Link #28
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the Yonkou that Law wants to take out could explain why he doesn't have a crew anymore.
Old 2012-05-16, 16:25   Link #29
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I found it interesting that the gas bullets the Yeti bros used to take out Zoro, Brook and Nami basically kill by alcohol poisoning (unless the translation is way off ). Zoro and Nami can hold their liquor very well (as evidenced on Whiskey Peak), and Brook is all bones (yohohoho! ), so it's possible that they survived for that reason...

Quote:
BTW, it most definitely looks like Law's counter shock was a haki-based move. I mean, he didn't even use his sword for that technique. The guy really is insanely powerful at this point (especially considering how he took out a freaking VA before this). But personally, I'm still not entirely convinced that the yetis are down for the count just yet. I mean, I still feel there's some reason why we still haven't gotten a clear look at their faces, for one thing.....
That's definitely a possibility, but why the crackling sound and the weird visual effect, did he crack his bones? But yeah, Law could have a very strong CoA, which would make him very strong even without his DF...
Old 2012-05-16, 16:26   Link #30
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Few thoughts after reading:

Law's attack looked more like he was using a Defibrillator rather than Haki, which would actually match well with the Ope Ope no Mi...mind you, we don't know it's full potential yet.

Anyone notice how one of the cool brothers is wearing a gas mask and the other isn't? Scotch (with the gas mask) is probably the one that uses the gas so he might still do it while they think he's KO.
I don't think they are out yet.

Luffy's new "Thank you Fire" had me laughing the whole time just from the name...but it does look like he's getting smarter.

Is Law possibly looking for an ancient weapon...like Pluto?

Ok so if Law's target is indeed Big Mam, then it would be really too bad if Luffy refused it out of some sort of pride.
If it is Kaidou then the SH would end up with 2 Emperors on their ass.
If it is Shanks then we all know how quick Luffy will refuse.
Doubt it would be BB so soon.
Old 2012-05-16, 16:30   Link #31
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
If you look back at chapter 666 you'll find a hint pointing that the Yonkou Law wants to take down is non other than Big Mam.
Oh, you mean the candy scene? Yeah, that's definitely a possibility. That would also mean that he encountered Big Mam already (in the New World)...
Old 2012-05-16, 17:30   Link #32
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Oh, you mean the candy scene? Yeah, that's definitely a possibility. That would also mean that he encountered Big Mam already (in the New World)...
did Big Maw eat the bear dip in chocolate or peppermint?
Old 2012-05-16, 17:38   Link #33
Somnus
Eh?

As usual, hilarity ensues and I love it. Though Luffy taking on both brothers AND Monster ChopFranky with ease was nothing short of badass. Couldn't stop laughing at Nami's "THAT WAS THE STRONGEST MOVE YOU'VE USED ALL DAY!" when Luffy attacked Franky.

Also, an alliance between Luffy and Law? Yes, please.
Old 2012-05-16, 18:12   Link #34
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
As usual, hilarity ensues and I love it. Though Luffy taking on both brothers AND Monster ChopFranky with ease was nothing short of badass. Couldn't stop laughing at Nami's "THAT WAS THE STRONGEST MOVE YOU'VE USED ALL DAY!" when Luffy attacked Franky.

Also, an alliance between Luffy and Law? Yes, please.
Haha, nice to know that Luffy can now bitchslap his crew (or at least most of them) into submission - not that he'll ever do that ...
Old 2012-05-16, 18:33   Link #35
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Gomu gomu no thank you fire is really funny... hahaha
and Franky-Chopper is rampaging...

I don't trust Law... but I think Law-Luffy alliance will be awesome
I bet Luffy won't approve that proposal... especially if the one he must take down is Shanks

well, if they want to fight against Blackbeard, I approve this alliance... lol
Old 2012-05-16, 18:37   Link #36
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hmmmmmmm

THE STRAW HEARTS ALLIANCE!!!

Yes...*slow nod*
Old 2012-05-16, 19:36   Link #37
Qilin
Romanticist

So this "important key" that Law is talking about, it's not another ancient warship is it?

And wow. This chapter doesn't fail to disappoint. Law continues to be a wild card of this arc. I have no idea what he's planning, but it'll surely be crazy. Luffy's cooperation will probably depend on which of the Emperors Law is referring to.

Still, isn't it about time for the crew to return to their original bodies? Watching them flounder around like this is pretty sad to watch.
Old 2012-05-16, 19:49   Link #38
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

You're forgetting The Samurai from Wano for Nakama...
I have this crazy theory that the Samurai use his magic or whatnot, so that the Yeti Cool Brothers will think that they have killed the three Strawhat...
Old 2012-05-16, 19:54   Link #39
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

Great chapter overall though...
I'm still hoping that the "triumvirate of supernova" Kidd, Law and Luffy will reunite again to take down hopefully Big Mom, or it could be Kaido coz' Drake has taken the initiative..
Old 2012-05-16, 20:23   Link #40
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Wow did I enjoy that chapter, Law continues to be boss and Luffy shows he's also boss.

Luffy having to go that extra mile to take out a crew member than a enemy lol.

Good to see Chopper's monster point really does live up to being a monster, catching and throwing that "iceberg" is something else.

Weirdly something that crossed my mind reading this chapter is we're not getting enough Robin, not getting enough Robin service.
I don't mean being half naked or anything like that cause any time she's on screen is fan service, dressed or not