AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 2 4.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 9.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 53.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 24.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-05, 13:59   Link #61
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytonis View Post
This episode is good enough in my opinion. It really shows the past between Yuuya and Leon, yet they also show the reasons why they hated each other. A deep talk with Natashia surely would fill any customer at the bar with happiness

I really like Lt. Cui, but in this episode, she was out of line. I don't think she had the right to "torture" Lt. Takamura for how she acted towards Yuuya in the first place. I mean, what if Takamura did that on purpose to actually see his full potential?

I don't know about the others, but this episode was good.
The only thing is that she didn't. Yui only saw Yuuya as a hot-headed test pilot from America who has absolutely no combat experience and depended on his squad mate's help.

She couldn't help to compare him to herself whom she had to go through war, lose many friends, see her friends eaten alive, and holds a huge responsibility that will decide the fate of her country. Whereas she sees nothing that is close about him and it outrages her that HE is supposed to be entrusted with that TSF.
Old 2012-11-05, 15:21   Link #62
Divini
Senpai!

Too bad Natashia's past wasn't further detailed, it seemed really interesting. It makes me want to know what the other Argos pilots went though too.

Cui being all serious business in contrast to the rest of the episode made it look rather silly. But hey, everyone has their own battles to fight.

I have this sinking feeling the Soviets are going to try to kill off Yuuya in some kind of 'accident' in order to be the catalyst for the Scarlet Twins to go off on some emotional rage, or something.

Well next episode will probably be more serious than this one... *listens to next ep preview*.... or maybe not.
Old 2012-11-05, 16:29   Link #63
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I just watched the episode and can't understand where this "Cryska is leading the race" thing is comming from. I didn't see anything at all that can make this assumtion valid. No romantic teansion or blushing at all. Just a guy talking with a girl he gets along with. Or am i just not seeing the flags?

At the moment i'm a little disappointed of this Show. Maybe I drop it till it is finnished and watch it later in one go.
Old 2012-11-05, 16:34   Link #64
seiftis
~defying fate

Is it just me or the character arts seem a bit off this episode?
Old 2012-11-05, 17:00   Link #65
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
I just watched the episode and can't understand where this "Cryska is leading the race" thing is comming from. I didn't see anything at all that can make this assumtion valid. No romantic teansion or blushing at all. Just a guy talking with a girl he gets along with. Or am i just not seeing the flags?

At the moment i'm a little disappointed of this Show. Maybe I drop it till it is finnished and watch it later in one go.
You just answered yourself. They are on the same wavelenght. She's on the advantage since Yuuya came to Cryska to talk about his past, because he feels comfortable talking with her, expressing how he feels about them (scarlet twins), etc.
I really don't belive she is ahead, but i do belive she won alot of potential on these few eps she was active, against Yui.

Yui is still my first choice. C'mon girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
Is it just me or the character arts seem a bit off this episode?
Just this episode? Quality is not a strong point in this show aside from Mecha fights. But as said before, i'm not caring about that, i'm watching for the fights and the development.

Although in this episode... Yuuya's eyes went haywire while talking to Cryska.
Old 2012-11-05, 17:43   Link #66
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by erakk View Post
You just answered yourself. They are on the same wavelenght. She's on the advantage since Yuuya came to Cryska to talk about his past, because he feels comfortable talking with her, expressing how he feels about them (scarlet twins), etc.
I really don't belive she is ahead, but i do belive she won alot of potential on these few eps she was active, against Yui.

Yui is still my first choice. C'mon girl!
I don't like shipping much.
My point was that i don't saw anything romance related at all between them. At least, nothing that goes deeper then friends have for example. We are at ep 18 now and there is just nothing going on between them that goes beyond that. That is why i was so irritated from comments like "leading the reace", when she was in truth not even participating. How i see it there will not be more than that between them.
Well whatever. This was the last episode for me for now. Hope this show gets better and it doesn't focus too much on pointless lovetriangels where the outcome is clear anyway. I just want a good story, thats all.
Old 2012-11-05, 17:48   Link #67
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Maybe it's because the audience sees in Yuuya a reflection of themselves, and they think that if they get a chance to talk to a hot girl at all it means she's falling for him.
Old 2012-11-05, 18:29   Link #68
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Well to be fair, I can definitely relate to Yuuya since he's a fellow compatriot, a military man, a mutt, and a bit brash and likes drinking. All of the above. Just without his naivety.

Talking to a hot girl = she's falling for you is a bit too raw and realistic don't you think? lol

Some people might take a offense to that.

On topic, I think just because there wasn't any blushing doesn't mean it wasn't a meaningful conversation.

It's just a little subtle, but their both kind of clueless about the moment.

Off topic, it makes sense to find a girl you can mesh with. It makes life easier when you can both agree on things. lol

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-11-05 at 18:51.
Old 2012-11-05, 18:59   Link #69
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Maybe it's because the audience sees in Yuuya a reflection of themselves, and they think that if they get a chance to talk to a hot girl at all it means she's falling for him.
More like the opposite.

The reason people see this as Cryska winning is because Yuuya's a HAREM MC actually CHOOSING a girl to talk personal with, that's a pretty big deal considering how dense a harem MC can be.

In a normal situation, being a called a very good friend is considered being friendzoned. This is also probably why Dauerlutscher doesn't see anything cause that might be what it looks like to him. But in harem stories and VNs (Which this was an EROTIC VN btw), usually winning the heart of the guy REQUIRES you to become that very close friend figure, a main reason Childhoodfriends always seem to be the victor.

The more comfortable you are with him, or he is with YOU I should say, the better chance you have. When you see the typical "Oh my god its a girl who touched me" reaction, that means you still have a ways to go.
Old 2012-11-05, 19:07   Link #70
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Lol.^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post

On topic, I think just because there wasn't any blushing doesn't mean it wasn't a meaningful conversation.

It's just a little subtle, but their both kind of clueless about the moment.

Off topic, it makes sense to find a girl you can mesh with. It makes life easier when you can both agree on things. lol
I didn't say that the conversation was not meaningful. It just was not in any way a delevopment of a romance between them. What i can clearly see is that the only one who is developing that kind of feelings is only Cryska and Yuuya doesn't see her like that at all, just like the 17 episodes before. This thing is as onsided as it can be. Well, lets see if this will develop any futher. And like i said allready, at the moment it's just friends talking with each other and i don't think it will change.
Old 2012-11-05, 22:05   Link #71
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
I don't like shipping much.
My point was that i don't saw anything romance related at all between them. At least, nothing that goes deeper then friends have for example. We are at ep 18 now and there is just nothing going on between them that goes beyond that. That is why i was so irritated from comments like "leading the reace", when she was in truth not even participating. How i see it there will not be more than that between them.
Well whatever. This was the last episode for me for now. Hope this show gets better and it doesn't focus too much on pointless lovetriangels where the outcome is clear anyway. I just want a good story, thats all.
Well, most of us are smart enough to know that real life relationships are more complicated than that and take a lot of time to develop. Anime being anime, something like say...tripping over a girl and seeing her underwear means you've got new romantic opportunities. You know how it works....that's why when you've seen a ton of anime and you see developments like in this ep., you'd be tempted to say stuff like; "oh she's definitely the end girl!"
Old 2012-11-06, 01:38   Link #72
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Slow and steady isn't always the best course of action. Yui saw it first hand in the park and ran away. lol

It's just that Yuuya hasn't talk about his past with anyone other than Cryska. When they were sharing their personal stories, those two don't even realize that their on the same wavelength.

Inia and IDAR FLIGHT sees it as clear as day. Sandek is a chess master and prepping his next stage for Bridges.

I don't think it's in the bag for Yui just yet, I want see her change first.

She really needs to grow up since Cui called her out for not understanding where Yuuya is coming from as a person.

I'm pretty sure she never experienced the torment and hate that Yuuya had to go through growing up especially in the deep south. There are times when he brings it on himself, but other times it just cuz he looks different.

In many ways, those two need to meet somewhere in the middle to make it work.

As a whole, I like both ladies equally so it's a win/win in the end for Bridges.

I can't wait to see how Yui retaliates after that talk with Cui. The previews talk about her wearing a towel.
Seems like he only went to Cryska because she was there and he helped her the other day. Remember, he didn't go looking for her, it was just by chance that Inia and Cyska were there.

Yui is slowly changing and opening up. Cui in fact gave her a much needed push and this will greatly help Yui understand Yuuya and be true to how she feels about him.
Old 2012-11-06, 05:43   Link #73
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post

Yui is slowly changing and opening up.
Love could waver even the toughest women out there....

On the other hand ... Inia is scaring me....
Old 2012-11-06, 06:13   Link #74
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
(Which this was an EROTIC VN btw)
Actually, it started as a one-shot before becoming a full-fledged story, with a VN in development alongside that was left in hiatus until the series started. And it SHOWS. Unlike Alternative where the arcs feels connected and contributes to the despair growth of Takeru, Total Eclipse arcs feels a tad disconnected together, with Yuuya, Yui and the Scarlet Twins' developments as the anchor of the series.

I think this is what Klashikari meant, in twitter or this topic, when he said that it seems to him that Total Eclipse suffers from an identity crisis. Yuuya is the least Harem MC-ish of MCs written by Kouki. Yet he is at the center of a love triangle between Yui and the Twins. And yet, again, the author threw Cui in... For whatever reason... It's just that Cui was thrown in here and hardly bring a dynamic to a triangle that already been established. Yuuya is not exactly dense by virtue that he is the leader of a harem. He is just a poor guy who does not belong to this genre. He is more at home if Total Eclipse stays Top Gun + Macross Plus + BETAs. He is a test pilot because he really believes that his work will save people's lives on the frontline and his acts shows that he really doesn't have the luxury for acting like a schoolboy.
Old 2012-11-06, 06:42   Link #75
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

There is a certain irony to Total Eclipse having a bit of an identity crisis when the central question of Yuuya, Jelly Yui and Cryska can be summed up as "Who am I?"

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-06, 07:07   Link #76
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Love could waver even the toughest women out there....

On the other hand ... Inia is scaring me....
Inia is trying to be a shipper. All shippers are scary.
Old 2012-11-06, 10:37   Link #77
klare

was expecting to see the fight with USA, well seeing some flashbacks is fine i guess

wanted to believe Inia is pure and nice, but that ending...
Old 2012-11-06, 11:03   Link #78
satomianzaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Seems like he only went to Cryska because she was there and he helped her the other day. Remember, he didn't go looking for her, it was just by chance that Inia and Cyska were there.

Yui is slowly changing and opening up. Cui in fact gave her a much needed push and this will greatly help Yui understand Yuuya and be true to how she feels about him.
i agree on you with this one...its just that the scarlet twins are on the right time and place when yuuya wanted to share his past because of his strong feeling of guilt...but there is no doubt that he is comfortable talking to them specifically cryska(since inia is like a little child)...but i also do not sense any romantic development between them....

as for cui, i also think that she is giving hints to yui...that if she really loves yuuya, she should accept him for who he is...and that includes accepting his not so good past...once she learned of this, she'll be ready...

so very nice of cui really...

Last edited by satomianzaki; 2012-11-07 at 10:19.
Old 2012-11-06, 11:38   Link #79
maximilianjenus
[E]

I love how inia is being creepily cute, not by using the common creepy/cute cliches, but by just being regularly cute in situations where that just feels creepy.
Old 2012-11-06, 14:44   Link #80
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Yuuya = Ore wa Senjutsuki da!!!!!
Closed Thread