Nekokota Festival

Very good series but it did feel like there was a lot left out
Old 2010-09-19, 21:40   Link #262
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Very good series but it did feel like there was a lot left out
Well, yeah, this is sort of inevitable. The game is quite long (I'd say at least 30-40 hours+), so there's no way they could ever squeeze the whole thing into 12 episodes. What they did instead (which is what I hoped they'd do) is use the time to capture the spirit of the game (while staying true to the basic outline of the story; yay for having the game writer plan the anime!) and really focus on the humour and the characters to make it fun. And of course, since this anime was funded in large part by the publisher of the consumer game, they would surely like to remind you that if you like what you saw, pick up the PSP game being released at the end of the month for a whole lot more where that came from.

Odd though it may seem to people who have stereotypes of ero-games, though, I think the anime actually had a higher quotient of fanservice than the game (even though the original game did have "those scenes"). Perhaps that's to be expected if you're going to be making the anime a "highlight reel" (they were using the time wisely! ).
Old 2010-09-21, 15:08   Link #263
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Speaking of a higher quotient of fanservice...

Spoiler for swimsuits!!:
Leicester's a lucky guy, no?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 19:37   Link #264
Midonin
Last Engage

Golem is the obvious choice.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 22:17   Link #265
Eternal_Sin
Useless Human Being

the episode is too short for me as adventure genre

need MOAR Chelsea....
Eternal_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 20:26   Link #266
usspaul

i really enjoyed this series a lot . btw i just got my hands on one of the extras from the dvd and its seems like a 3d cg animation of carina taken a bath and striking some sexy poses
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 11:15   Link #267
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So, OVA announced. A lot of Marvelous Interactive anime end up with OVA episodes, so not too surprising in that sense. I would ask what they're going to cover storywise, but I suppose it probably doesn't matter all that much. (Best guess: fanservice. )
Old 2010-09-24, 12:13   Link #268
Midonin
Last Engage

If it's like the last Marvelous OVA based on a VN, I expect lots of poking fun at itself. Now, granted, the Tortilla sisters fill that role already, but if the rest of the cast got in on it, there could be some excellent reflexivity taking place.
Old 2010-09-24, 15:11   Link #269
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Too bad they won't make a proper H-OVA
Old 2010-09-24, 15:24   Link #270
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I also liked the show, it was nice and cheerful, nothing though I would suggest or buy, there are many shows like this, still a good choice to watch on TV or stream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Too bad they won't make a proper H-OVA
LOL, Princess Lover! showed the way By the way, I have to agree here ... then again they would have to switch VAs, the target audience would be different (at least domestically) and most studios do not want to soil their name (ARMS is the only exception I can think of).
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 15:30   Link #271
Midonin
Last Engage

Is the sex really that important? In order for it to have any impact, you have to connect with the characters, and the show went to the trouble of setting up this semi-elaborate fictional universe with its own rules and legends and conflicts. Just because it has its origins in an eroge does not mean that sex is the first priority. Not with this game at least.
Old 2010-09-24, 16:13   Link #272
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Is the sex really that important? In order for it to have any impact, you have to connect with the characters, and the show went to the trouble of setting up this semi-elaborate fictional universe with its own rules and legends and conflicts. Just because it has its origins in an eroge does not mean that sex is the first priority. Not with this game at least.
Nope, it's not the first priority, but is an aspect of healthy life missing from the majority of works. It is unrealistic and unnatural to depict romantic relationships, while filtering out any sexual aspects. Now this is far from the explicit depiction in the game (judging from the CGs I saw), but still unless you just imply the act, you'll get the 18+ label, which makes things very different.
Old 2010-09-24, 16:35   Link #273
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
It is unrealistic and unnatural to depict romantic relationships, while filtering out any sexual aspects.
There are broadcast codes to consider, and this is fiction we're dealing with here. In Campanella's case, a world that's not even ours to begin with. A world where Golems walk the streets, dragons are cute girls and people can be created with magic. The hell with reality.
Old 2010-09-24, 17:27   Link #274
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
By the way, I have to agree here ... then again they would have to switch VAs, the target audience would be different (at least domestically) and most studios do not want to soil their name (ARMS is the only exception I can think of).
Regarding the voice actors, the original ero-game and the anime are already using the same voice actors anyway (under different pseudonyms), so I don't think they'd need to be changed if they decided to make an ero OVA out of it.

Then again, I'm with Midonin here in not really seeing the value in bringing in explicit sexual content taken outside of the context of the story (as would be the case in a standalone ero OVA). In the game, the sexual content (typically) made sense because of the ways the relationships were developed in each story path, but here they sort of amalgamated all the paths so the same development wasn't there to justify it. Because of that, I don't really think it fits into this anime as presented; adding it artificially might be even more unrealistic and unnatural in the context of the story as presented. (Then again, I also tend to think that eroge CGs are pointless outside of the context of the story they're presented in, so maybe I have an unusual way of seeing things here...)
Old 2010-09-24, 20:44   Link #275
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Regarding the voice actors, the original ero-game and the anime are already using the same voice actors anyway (under different pseudonyms), so I don't think they'd need to be changed if they decided to make an ero OVA out of it.
Really?! hm ... it makes sense, but still it's hard to verify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Then again, I'm with Midonin here in not really seeing the value in bringing in explicit sexual content taken outside of the context of the story (as would be the case in a standalone ero OVA). In the game, the sexual content (typically) made sense because of the ways the relationships were developed in each story path, but here they sort of amalgamated all the paths so the same development wasn't there to justify it. Because of that, I don't really think it fits into this anime as presented; adding it artificially might be even more unrealistic and unnatural in the context of the story as presented. (Then again, I also tend to think that eroge CGs are pointless outside of the context of the story they're presented in, so maybe I have an unusual way of seeing things here...)
Good points, but IMHO and based on the few games that I played with explicit content which made it into anime adaptions, stories and character development lacked because that content was missing.
Old 2010-09-24, 20:58   Link #276
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Really?! hm ... it makes sense, but still it's hard to verify.
There are many sites that list the stage names voice actors use, and the game's site has voice samples. Long as your ears are sharp, it should be clear that it's the same voice.

Quote:
Good points, but IMHO and based on the few games that I played with explicit content which made it into anime adaptions, stories and character development lacked because that content was missing.
But those scenes are superfluous most of the time in games that get adapted to anime - part of the reason they're adapted to anime and subsequently cut out is because they can be easily removed. Sure, they confirm a relationship and give the player some additional fanservice, but that's not where the heart of the story lies at all.
Old 2010-09-24, 23:06   Link #277
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I think it depends a lot on the sort of story they're telling and the way it's adapted.

Spoiler for Shukufuku no Campanella: Anime vs. Game:

Quote:
But those scenes are superfluous most of the time in games that get adapted to anime - part of the reason they're adapted to anime and subsequently cut out is because they can be easily removed. Sure, they confirm a relationship and give the player some additional fanservice, but that's not where the heart of the story lies at all.
Well, yeah. 9 times out of 10 (as in this case), these anime were made to help promote a consumer release of the game, and these too are devoid of explicit content. So rather than saying it's an "adaptation of an ero-game", it's probably more instructive to say that it's an adaptation of the consumer version of an ero-game (even if they're both being worked on at the same time).
Old 2010-09-25, 02:03   Link #278
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
There are many sites that list the stage names voice actors use....
The two I know of are here and here. Can't depend on them totally, but they are a useful supplement to ears and official sites.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 11:18   Link #279
Seiryuu

I wonder what the OAD will be like. It would be interesting if they made it an H-OVA like PL, or even a semi-H like Aki-Sora; especially if they could get away with using some of the same seiyuu (while many seiyuu may refuse to do H anime, the chances would at least be a little higher considering that all the seiyuu had voiced the H game, I think). Whether it brings in the H that was necessarily cut completely, settles for providing a lot of fanservice removed to make it more TV-appropriate, or goes a different direction and extends or elaborates the story, it will be good. Only two things they shouldn't do: make it a total joke, as mentioned, or make it a pointless, plotless, worthless gravure like their extras.

BTW, what in the world is up with that BD extra?? I saw it was going to be a fanservice thing from the site, but I didn't think it would be a crappy silent CG! Such an absolute waste.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 05:02   Link #280
scr
my sides are in orbit

What i watched: Shukufuku no Campanella
What i expected: sweet healing-type harem anime
What i got: as expected, plus yuri subtext between Minette and Miriam. What a pleasant, pleasant surprise!
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, eroge, fantasy, romance, seinen