AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-14, 21:56   Link #201
Nihokon

Oops, you're right.
Just saw a misleading post somewhere which said it has 26 episodes.
Old 2012-01-14, 22:12   Link #202
Xenio
Flower

http://www.crunchyroll.com/listen-to...im-your-father

26 episodes according to Crunchy... and since they bought the rights to the series, they are probably more credible than anyone else out there.
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 01:34   Link #203
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
^--Hm, I believe it's been mentioned a few clicks back that it's only 12 eps with a secret, hidden 13th one as well
Hm, I certainly do wonder what the 13th hidden eppy's gonna be about... no wait, I think I know already
Old 2012-01-15, 23:28   Link #204
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

The first ep was quite nice, introducing everyone, if in a slightly different order from what I remember.

Just that I think that the premise for

Spoiler:

Was a little bit dodgy, since then it's like, deja vu, and it's not a nice feeling to have :L

I haven't been able to find any of the chapters past 6 translated in the manga... It's a monthly magazine though, so that's probably why.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 00:22   Link #205
Akarin

. . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
If folks are interested in a little more detail of the LN (and manga) content there is the Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai![Light Novel/Manga] thread.

I found it kinda interesting, but, of course it contains spoiler material. Essentially the swing of things is that the storyline gets pretty serious at times. If they can touch upon those things in the series (24 eps after all, so I am hopeful they will) I will keep following the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenio View Post
http://www.crunchyroll.com/listen-to...im-your-father

26 episodes according to Crunchy... and since they bought the rights to the series, they are probably more credible than anyone else out there.
12 or 26?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
If they can touch upon those things in the series (24 eps after all, so I am hopeful they will) I will keep following the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Incidentally, this got corrected now to 12 episodes (+1 on the DVD/Blu-Rays), based on the home media solicitations. It's quite possible, that this show could be a "split-cour", but for now it's only apparently confirmed for 1 cour.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 01:19   Link #206
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
...no wait, I think I know already
You do!?!? How?????

*activates perverted side of his brain*

Aha...... ah... hm hmmm yes I see now that's more like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
12 or 26?
Okay, let's look into this. There are 3 reputable sources, and logic dictates 2 out of 3 makes more sense, ja?

So, first up, Crunchyroll has it still listed at 26 as of the time of this post.

But according to the link the relentlessfire posted, volume's 1-5 are mentioned only, with the 6th volume presumably not mentioned because it may contain that hidden, secret 13th episode. Ahem, anyways, we are at a crossroads. 1-1, with the 3rd final very reputable source [once all their times are finalized] in all the years I've used them since 2004: TV scheduling information Syoboi has it pegged at only 12 episodes, due to that 13th ep being announced as unaired before hand. Syoboi has this season's times already finalized, so that's concrete proof.

So there we have it, 2 evidence against 1, although I still would not set it in stone yet due to no mention of a 6th volume. But then again, Crunchy has been wrong in the past (like their subs, but I don't want to get into that), but I think that's some pretty good evidence that only 12 eps will be broadcasted. Who knows, maybe another 12 in the Fall? It could happen, but there's no word on that at all (that I know of).
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 07:58   Link #207
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Okay, let's look into this. There are 3 reputable sources, and logic dictates 2 out of 3 makes more sense, ja?

So, first up, Crunchyroll has it still listed at 26 as of the time of this post.

But according to the link the relentlessfire posted, volume's 1-5 are mentioned only, with the 6th volume presumably not mentioned because it may contain that hidden, secret 13th episode. Ahem, anyways, we are at a crossroads. 1-1, with the 3rd final very reputable source [once all their times are finalized] in all the years I've used them since 2004: TV scheduling information Syoboi has it pegged at only 12 episodes, due to that 13th ep being announced as unaired before hand. Syoboi has this season's times already finalized, so that's concrete proof.

So there we have it, 2 evidence against 1, although I still would not set it in stone yet due to no mention of a 6th volume. But then again, Crunchy has been wrong in the past (like their subs, but I don't want to get into that), but I think that's some pretty good evidence that only 12 eps will be broadcasted. Who knows, maybe another 12 in the Fall? It could happen, but there's no word on that at all (that I know of).
No, there is no 6th volume. The dividing is 1-3-3-3-3.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 09:29   Link #208
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
No, there is no 6th volume. The dividing is 1-3-3-3-3.
Oh right, that might explain why volume 1 was separated from vols 2-5. I had gotten used to the whole 2-2-2-2-2-2-1 format

Now I really wonder what that 13th ep really is about

By the way folks, I've been meaning to ask about this pic: Is Haruhi er I mean Sora grabbing hold of Miu's butt?!?!?

I knew I wasn't the only one entranced by Miu's butt!

Last edited by mangatron; 2012-01-16 at 10:08. Reason: mangatron likes Miu's butt and he cannot lie, even Hina's he can't deny...
Old 2012-01-16, 10:23   Link #209
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Oh right, that might explain why volume 1 was separated from vols 2-5. I had gotten used to the whole 2-2-2-2-2-2-1 format

By the way folks, I've been meaning to ask about this pic: Is Haruhi er I mean Sora grabbing hold of Miu's butt?!?!?

I knew I wasn't the only one entranced by Miu's butt!
I'm sure it was a complete accident by Sora...right?

Then again, think of the possibilities if it wasn't an accident...That might be why Miu's winking
Old 2012-01-16, 11:23   Link #210
tsunade666

-_-

Sora was lifting the weight of those 2 younger then her <.< oh please >.> oh well.... sigh.

Sora being the oldest of the girls has her responsibility and that pictures just show it.
Old 2012-01-16, 11:50   Link #211
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Pardon another Oni Chichi reference... but the VA of mini-Hibiki is speculated to be the same as Airi's

A relevant discussion is taking place in the appropriate group, away from mods and yandere
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 11:55   Link #212
Midonin
Last Engage

That's a no. Maki Kobayashi and Hiromi Igarashi are definitely not the same person. Kobayashi's voice is very distinctive, and would show through even on a higher pitched child voice like Hina.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 12:27   Link #213
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
That's a no. Maki Kobayashi and Hiromi Igarashi are definitely not the same person. Kobayashi's voice is very distinctive, and would show through even on a higher pitched child voice like Hina.
Agreed. I've also tracked down the relevant profiles and blog.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 12:29   Link #214
Malkuth
Banned

There goes another interesting connection
Old 2012-01-16, 20:08   Link #215
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post

Actually, you're wrong.
Poro didn't use the game voice actors, for whatever reason.

Even though Poro don't list the seiyuu in their works, but gameplaza listed the voice of Airi = Shirayuki Aoi. If you compare the voice with the one in Aki Sora Yume on the voice of Nami, they are the same.

And Shirayuki Aoi = Hiromi Igarashi. Check myanimelist as well.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 20:11   Link #216
Midonin
Last Engage

I concede defeat... I suppose.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 20:48   Link #217
mangatron

Gee. She did, she didn't, I don't know what to believe anymore I guess the only way to know for sure is to ask her myself and say "did you voice Airi?"

But yeah, that voice in Aki Sora is one I remember most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
-_-

Sora was lifting the weight of those 2 younger then her <.< oh please >.> oh well.... sigh.

Sora being the oldest of the girls has her responsibility and that pictures just show it.
Now see here, I.... was just concerned for Hibiki's (I had it with correcting myself) safety. Now suppose Haruhi (I'm tired of correcting myself) is carrying them all at once, Hibiki is precariously holding on with only one hand on Airi's (ok that's it lol) beautiful blonde hair, and another hand waving happily at the audience. Hibiki is seriously in danger of falling off, with the worst case scenario her falling on her head, with the worst damage of all being..... memory loss

That's a serious violation of child safety! I cannot allow Hibiki to lose her memory and forget who I am! I....

Wait a minute, I thought Airi is the oldest. She greeted a guest, she gave him a seat, she showed him her butt, she brought the guest some drinks, she calmed down Hibiki when she was on a tirade....ah, the perfect housewife *runs*
Old 2012-01-16, 21:37   Link #218
blitz1/2

Quote:
Gee. She did, she didn't, I don't know what to believe anymore I guess the only way to know for sure is to ask her myself and say "did you voice Airi?"

But yeah, that voice in Aki Sora is one I remember most.

Now see here, I.... was just concerned for Hibiki's (I had it with correcting myself) safety. Now suppose Haruhi (I'm tired of correcting myself) is carrying them all at once, Hibiki is precariously holding on with only one hand on Airi's (ok that's it lol) beautiful blonde hair, and another hand waving happily at the audience. Hibiki is seriously in danger of falling off, with the worst case scenario her falling on her head, with the worst damage of all being..... memory loss

That's a serious violation of child safety! I cannot allow Hibiki to lose her memory and forget who I am! I....

Wait a minute, I thought Airi is the oldest. She greeted a guest, she gave him a seat, she showed him her butt, she brought the guest some drinks, she calmed down Hibiki when she was on a tirade....ah, the perfect housewife *runs*
Other than the blonde hair, i really see not much connection between Airi and Miu. If I were to say, Riko is better as the resemblance of the hair is similar and both of them have similar personalities.

Old 2012-01-16, 22:45   Link #219
Malkuth
Banned

^ blonde hair only? What about twin-tails, overly large bust for her age, nopan, aggressive and assertive for her age, has a sister in love with papa, knee-socks... want more

Damnyou, PapaKiku made me re-watch shitty hentai like Oni Chichi (pill-spitting excluded, it was an EPIC exception)
Old 2012-01-16, 22:56   Link #220
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ blonde hair only? What about twin-tails, overly large bust for her age, nopan, aggressive and assertive for her age, has a sister in love with papa, knee-socks... want more

Damnyou, PapaKiku made me re-watch shitty hentai like Oni Chichi (pill-spitting excluded, it was an EPIC exception)
Airi has small breasts, it's only the H scene where they "magically" grow bigger. Anyways, we're getting off topic. Airi is actively hostile towards the dad, (and the reason why I guess he targets her the most for punishment). Assertive? I don't think so, it's because the dad already drugged her to a serious extent.

I wouldn't call Miu as twin tails (more like half), since the majority of her hair is still straight. Nopan...no comment. Miu is not actively hostile towards Yuuta, only a bit of teasing.

Tags
light novel adaptation, romantic comedy, shounen