AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-05-21, 22:02   Link #41
Goldzero

NT9 cover?
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 22:32   Link #42
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post

Looking at SAO sales trend, this doesn't seem to be true either because the biggest sales increase the series got is from vol 1. It seems that newcomers from anime prefer to read the source material from the start instead of continuing from the the end of the anime
First books are the exception right? People always read the first book especially when the anime just came out.

After the Anime ends though its on to the latest.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 22:38   Link #43
HonGFirE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
NT9 cover?
I mean NT7
HonGFirE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 22:50   Link #44
Goldzero

i always thought people would love more misakixmikoto moments seeing as how fast the shipping and her popularity went up. i guess fans want more misakaxmikoto moments(or anyone else that is part of his harem).

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-05-21 at 23:18.
Old 2013-05-21, 23:24   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually if you ask me- all those people who follow this series just for the romcom have been weeded out already.
Old 2013-05-22, 01:30   Link #46
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
First books are the exception right? People always read the first book especially when the anime just came out.

After the Anime ends though its on to the latest.
I'm not sure about the trend after the anime ends because biblia's high vol 1 sales after the drama ends can't become a comparison(too low number of volumes, and too crazy of sales number).

I guess I need further research on the trend of after anime ends sales and research whether 2nd&3rd season brings in as much newcomers to original work as new anime season or not.

A little OT : so sad that magdala only manage to sell less than 20k copies on its first week >_<.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 04:41   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
Its the same for Heavy Object and Intelivila.

The success of their predecessor doesn't translate into their success.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:46   Link #48
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Sad things is, those titles isn't inferior to their predecessor(subjectively speaking that is). Make me wonder if the effect of an anime adaptation really that big or Japanese book readers are just jaded with too many title debuting that they lose interest in picking up new title that hasn't become well-known.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 14:24   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Sad things is, those titles isn't inferior to their predecessor(subjectively speaking that is). Make me wonder if the effect of an anime adaptation really that big or Japanese book readers are just jaded with too many title debuting that they lose interest in picking up new title that hasn't become well-known.
To be fair, I was like that once For the longest time I uninterested in picking up Heavy Object

But mostly I think it's just a matter of publicity; the average Index fan might read the book, but he/she isn't going to know about Heavy Object, Intelivillage, Waltratude and the Simple series.
Old 2013-05-22, 17:27   Link #50
Goldzero

Quote:
Actually if you ask me- all those people who follow this series just for the romcom have been weeded out already.
yeah i think your right. but i hardly doubt they would stop shipping their fav pairings. seeing how the last index shipping poll went, you can tell they would probably wait to buy the new volume if they were told it had romance in it.
Old 2013-05-22, 23:06   Link #51
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
NT7 added 39,536 copies this week to total 131,311 copies sold in 10 days. This is only ~400 less than NT6 sold in 11 days, indicating that the decline seen from NT3-NT6 may be stopping.

Also Oricon classifies books into three categories for weekly sales: General, manga, and paperbacks. Light novels are sorted into the paperback category as they are all paperbacks. The reverse is not true, which is why even Kadokawa themselves say Biblia is not a Light Novel (pg 13, which also features the cover of NT1 on pg 12).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 23:36   Link #52
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Is it safe to say that the publishers get to call the shots on whether a title is a LN or not?

I don't know about decline, but just like how the second season bd/dvd sales hold steady at 17-18k average, 150k average a month is the true core fanbase of the series after the inflation from the anime hype- this is what is left.
Old 2013-05-23, 17:54   Link #53
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
NT7 added 39,536 copies this week to total 131,311 copies sold in 10 days. This is only ~400 less than NT6 sold in 11 days, indicating that the decline seen from NT3-NT6 may be stopping.

Also Oricon classifies books into three categories for weekly sales: General, manga, and paperbacks. Light novels are sorted into the paperback category as they are all paperbacks. The reverse is not true, which is why even Kadokawa themselves say Biblia is not a Light Novel (pg 13, which also features the cover of NT1 on pg 12).
who know maybe we will get 135k by tomorrow. anything could happen. and seeing how well the index light novels are still doing extremely well in the sales shows you how popular and loved this franchise is.

Quote:
Is it safe to say that the publishers get to call the shots on whether a title is a LN or not?

I don't know about decline, but just like how the second season bd/dvd sales hold steady at 17-18k average, 150k average a month is the true core fanbase of the series after the inflation from the anime hype- this is what is left.
its only been ten days. the series well definitely sell above 150k by the end of the month if not more then NT6. your making it sound like the fanbase is die-ing down dramatically while it is defiantly not. it still is a massively popular franchise and is argue-bally one of the top best selling light novel series. though i might have just misunderstood what you meant and if i did, i apologize.

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-05-23 at 20:21.
Old 2013-05-27, 17:35   Link #54
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Something actually beat SAO?! Is the world coming to a end?

How is Horizon classified as a light novel... there is nothing light about it.
Old 2013-05-27, 17:38   Link #55
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Biblia had always beaten SAO in terms of per volume sold.
Old 2013-05-27, 17:48   Link #56
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Biblia had always beaten SAO in terms of per volume sold.
Biblia is a overall novel. You can market it to everyone. And you probably don't get my joke .

Anime is a whole different story. A different market and somewhat of a pain to explain.

Index's case I remember a bunch of people complaining about the bit/frame-rates. Near the second half of S2 people even took screenies of animation dips. Its the little things like that can affect how well you sell. Most series don't even past 50k in sales. Index is one of the abnormals that I won't see dying down. Just because the author is a monster and has a fanbase to boot. How often do you get millions of people to watch a movie and pay 15 bucks a ticket? The fact hes doing so many other series can actually be a detriment. People might be thinking hes doing too much in too little of a time frame so the series will suffer. Therefore killing sales.
Old 2013-05-27, 17:58   Link #57
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Biblia is a overall novel. You can market it to everyone. And you probably don't get my joke .

Anime is a whole different story. A different market and somewhat of a pain to explain.

Index's case I remember a bunch of people complaining about the bit/frame-rates. Near the second half of S2 people even took screenies of animation dips. Its the little things like that can affect how well you sell. Most series don't even past 50k in sales. Index is one of the abnormals that I won't see dying down. Just because the author is a monster and has a fanbase to boot. How often do you get millions of people to watch a movie and pay 15 bucks a ticket? The fact hes doing so many other series can actually be a detriment. People might be thinking hes doing too much in too little of a time frame so the series will suffer. Therefore killing sales.
He's actually been excellent at doing tons of things at the same time. I mean: he's doing a ton of different series. He's doing Railgun manga, Index manga, Index Light Novels, Railgun Light Novels (rarely), tons of other light novel series, helps coordinate animes for his Index series, does lots of other things, I mean he wrote Index Volume 2 in 18 days for crying out loud... if that isn't impressive, I really don't know what is. It was 340 pages!

I get your SAO joke, lol. Beat SAO and the world will end ... Maybe I should read/watch SAO at some point. It sounds great, but I feel like it will make me like it a little too much lol. I might start after I finish school on June 12th On a side note: I already know the whole plot... lol.

Yeah, Kamachi is a genius. I like the fact that he is still so humble with his messages to the audience. The Index universe feels like one of the best made story-created universes in my opinion. It is really rich and deep, with barely any contradictions (maybe even none). He's also done really well in terms of popularity with his light novel series since its inception and has won at that contest with his popular characters: Mikoto, Touma, Accelerator, (Shiage), even Index (...) so I don't see why he isn't selling more... In my opinion, reading LN 7 was like 10000 times better than reading One piece which sells so much in manga, or even Naruto which I like a lot which also sells a lot... Why does it sell so little... It's pretty saddening in my opinion. This novel series really is incredibly well done.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 18:23   Link #58
tsunade666

I don't understand the joke that when someone beat SAO in terms of sales. Haruhi is still the best seller per volume.
Old 2013-05-27, 18:39   Link #59
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't understand the joke that when someone beat SAO in terms of sales. Haruhi is still the best seller per volume.
It's an SAO spoiler. Also, Kamachi is the JS06 of writing. Anyone else agree?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 19:32   Link #60
Birdway
Banned

Actually, Kamachi is known as the Oda of the light novels.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote