AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-02-01, 05:15   Link #3041
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
As far as I can remember, it’s never clearly mentioned in the anime whether the Seirans (or just one of them) is a member of LOGOS. Then again, it’s been a long time since last I see Destiny. So, my memory about Seirans -> LOGOS thing isn’t really clear. The Seirans helped Djibril, that’s for sure. Whether they’re equals or the Seirans are just puppets, I don’t remember. Do enlighten me if you remember the details.
If my memory is right, both Yuna and his father = members of LOGOS.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 07:27   Link #3042
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
I feel that he could have been a better character if the directors gave him proper development..
Unfortunately we are just left with the final product, which didnt give shinns development much justice.

Quote:
I'll concede that point to you, since Athrun and Kira aren't suited for military either. I thought it was self-explanatory so I didn't need to mention it. Could you go into details about "Hero of the slave laborers are just a few.".
It wasnt just those 2 characters, i even mentioned to the extent of some secondary characters. I wont go in detail, but when you have done military frontline service you can easily pick out what is fluff and what isn't.

Not sure what your asking in detail in regards to the incident when shinn ignore orders and instead destroyed a base and ripped a fence apart for families to re-unite when we clearly saw some of them prior were getting gunned down when trying to cross a trench.

He may have not been a recognized hero but to those families he would of been.

Quote:
I just didn't like the fact Shinn was haughty when people told him a different opinion and his grudge against ORB. It's not like he doesn't have any good points as a character, I didn't bother to list them.
If you didnt bother to list them then it comes off as another shinn rant that has been done to death in this forum. Im no way in shape a shinn lover. In fact i almost dislike him worse than kira and athrun just wanted to make it clear that im not some shinn fanboy

Quote:
True, Captain Todaka could have said something too, but the anime didn't go into details that much about it. Although, Shinn should have known that he was an high ranking officer of ORB, or else Captain Todaka wouldn't be able give a recommendation for Shinn to head towards PLANT. He didn't have much problems attacking ORB or blaming them for what happened to his family despite all that. .
So your assuming Intel would of notified shinn where captain todaka is? Shinn couldnt of known the captains whereabouts. He may have a few good guesses but he wasnt going to ask in a middle of a firefight.

Assuming he became a Plant citizen then officially he broke all ties with orb in sense of loyalty. He doesn't owe them anything.

Quote:
What reason did Shinn join ZAFT? Was it for revenge or for being an ally of justice? Yes he did pick a side and stayed with it, but his motives for joining lean a bit more towards revenge than anything else in the beginning. For example, Shinn was disturbed by his orders to kill Athrun and Meyrin, Rey helped him indirectly to make that decision and comforted him in later episodes to stay true to it. . .
Initially never stated, near the end of Destiny he was fighting for a better world.

No, shinn was disturbed that athrun is deserting. Shinn did try talking to athrun but no success. Standard procedure in some countries today deserters or theft of prized military hardware is execution with no trial. So Rey had green light to pressure shinn to kill athrun.

Last edited by winter45; 2012-02-01 at 07:53. Reason: too tired and required editing
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 21:30   Link #3043
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Waiting for episode seven, really curious where they will be going with the retrack this episode.
Old 2012-02-02, 21:41   Link #3044
ssbb210

ep 7
ssbb210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 22:42   Link #3045
monster

I've forgotten that Zala erased Kira's involvement from the report. The AF would, presumably, also do the same with the Archangel's report since they don't want it be known that they're getting help from a coordinator.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 23:51   Link #3046
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbb210 View Post
is this one we see HD of the Lacus or next ep?

got wonder if recall back in ep.10 there was showing on Lacus' behind are we getting HD version of it?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 12:55   Link #3047
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Looks like they remixed "Shizukana" ("In This Quiet Night").
Old 2012-02-03, 13:13   Link #3048
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

WOW Kira and his crying fits as unbadass he currently is, guess he really needs the Fllay powerup and then the Lacus healing for complete gundam skill pilot level up.

I forgot how many times he cried within SEED.
Old 2012-02-03, 17:25   Link #3049
monster

I think Kira has only shed a tear twice so far.
Old 2012-02-03, 20:04   Link #3050
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Spoiler for Comparison pics for episode 8:
Old 2012-02-03, 22:28   Link #3051
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

is it only me thinking the remaster faces are horrible? it just looks out of place.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 22:31   Link #3052
monster

I don't know if I'd say the new faces are out of place, but I do prefer many of the original SEED faces. I especially don't like the outline of the nose and the cheek highlight that the remaster, and even Destiny, has in some shots.
Old 2012-02-03, 22:54   Link #3053
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
is it only me thinking the remaster faces are horrible? it just looks out of place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I don't know if I'd say the new faces are out of place, but I do prefer many of the original SEED faces. I especially don't like the outline of the nose and the cheek highlight that the remaster, and even Destiny, has in some shots.
Yup. The changes of the faces alone is enough to make me keep my old DVD. So far, only Athrun who looks overall better than before imo.
Old 2012-02-03, 23:01   Link #3054
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Spoiler for Comparison pics for episode 8:
hmm do anyone got any Lacus version of it or wait part see her if HD also pantsu scene?!

besides give also why is like update especially those new to GS era.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
Old 2012-02-04, 04:54   Link #3055
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
got wonder if recall back in ep.10 there was showing on Lacus' behind are we getting HD version of it?
Quote:
hmm do anyone got any Lacus version of it or wait part see her if HD also pantsu scene?!
After reading this about 5 times to mentally translate it into proper English I concluded you are a bit creepy.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 06:07   Link #3056
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

what are speaking i'm speaking of curiousty besides recall it back when i watch dub back in 04 give i was 14-15 around that time GS dub on tv saw ep show Lacus' pantsu & was like WHAT?!

besides give i'm calm relax despite i'm still Lacus addict besides wondering when see HD showing the Lacus?
Old 2012-02-04, 14:49   Link #3057
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

.... what did I just read and why didn't I understand it..... @__@

Erm, HD faces... the noses look a bit funny in frontal view, and the faces tend to look overly round. But side-views look really good, and I didn't really notice it while watching so far- only the screenshots highlight this issue at the moment (except with Mu, I think, he looked a bit strange in some scenes...).
So I'm ok with this for now... the shininess>> deformation
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 18:12   Link #3058
casval cehack

Quote:
what are speaking i'm speaking of curiousty besides recall it back when i watch dub back in 04 give i was 14-15 around that time GS dub on tv saw ep show Lacus' pantsu & was like WHAT?!
I was like "WHOA!" when I saw episode 16 of SEED way back then. Still waiting for the remastered version of that blanket.
Old 2012-02-04, 18:18   Link #3059
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

@SkullFaerie, RX93-2:

You guys are new to this forum I guess? I'll explain..

D-klack is a new language.. It came out of nowhere back in 2006 and it has been trolling the Internet since then.. At first, just like you guys, we tried to make sense of this new, complicated language system but soon we realized that we were just brainfucking ourselves trying to understand it, so we have been ignoring it since then.

Rumour has it that Google © is working hard to add a D-klack to English translation system, but so far no success! The worlds best linguists are supposedly working on it, so let's remain hopeful!
Old 2012-02-04, 18:56   Link #3060
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
@SkullFaerie, RX93-2:

You guys are new to this forum I guess? I'll explain..

D-klack is a new language.. It came out of nowhere back in 2006 and it has been trolling the Internet since then.. At first, just like you guys, we tried to make sense of this new, complicated language system but soon we realized that we were just brainfucking ourselves trying to understand it, so we have been ignoring it since then.

Rumour has it that Google © is working hard to add a D-klack to English translation system, but so far no success! The worlds best linguists are supposedly working on it, so let's remain hopeful!
Not super-new, but only regularly posting since recently. Anyways, thanks for the explanation. Guess I will wait for the Google Chrome extension then... I really can't figure it out but it makes me laugh for whatever reason xD

Oh well, off to watch the episode, but like I said, despite some odd faces, I'm really liking what I'm seeing. I'm also enjoying the rewatch, as all the fandom hate makes you forget that you enjoyed the show when you watched it
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep